Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

Mika and Celine Dion were guests in an interview for Télé 7 Jours,he said he doesn't want to do The Voice next year: "The Voice 4" : Mika ne devrait pas renouveler son contrat de coach

Read more at http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-92980.html#kTKjtDExIkiG0KYX.99http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-92980.html

Thanks for the info, Chris :huglove:

He still hasn't confirmed yes or no? Oh, this not knowing is painful, lol!

My gut feeling is it is yes, he was coy like this when asked about another xcraptor, so i fear the worst :tears: i'm not religious but i'm praying i'm wrong :pray:

If he is, i'm gunna :bonk::gun2::tears: :tears:

Mika and Celine Dion were guests in an interview for Télé 7 Jours,he said he doesn't want to do The Voice next year: "The Voice 4" : Mika ne devrait pas renouveler son contrat de coach

Read more at http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-92980.html#kTKjtDExIkiG0KYX.99http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-92980.html

If he wants to get the new album promoted in various countries, he surely can't do The Voice as well.

He needs to arrange some promotion in the UK. Even if it's just an advert on TV, with a Mika song, and a caption saying the song is available on ITUNES. That would be better than nothing.

If he signs up to do The Voice again, and not promote the album and singles elsewhere, I hope he realises that he risks looking even his most fervent fans in places like The UK.

We have been patient, but patience will run out eventually.

He still hasn't confirmed yes or no? Oh, this not knowing is painful, lol!

They say he said " he shouldn't be doing it but he hasn't confirmed his refusal yet"

So it's up for interpretation.

But 30 min before he did that interview, he said on the plateau of L'Ete indien that he didn't know yet.

So it's up in the air... don't know more, don't know less than before this interview :naughty:

According to some French news outlets, they say he won't be doing the voice next year :yay:

They are just reciting the Pure Charts article inaccurate and so a sentence in conjunctive becomes a fact :doh:

Plus, if he said some minutes before he doesn't know yet than he shouldn't have made his final decision already, doesn't make sense to say something like that if he would have decided for "no".

So after all we don't know much more :dunno:

They are just reciting the Pure Charts article inaccurate and so a sentence in conjunctive becomes a fact :doh:

Plus, if he said some minutes before he doesn't know yet than he shouldn't have made his final decision already, doesn't make sense to say something like that if he would have decided for "no".

So after all we don't know much more :dunno:

Just clutching at straws,and as i said :crossed: it's true:thumb_yello:

i'm sure Mika has already decided what he is doing, he's just not wanting to tell yet, or he's been told not to :wink2:

Just clutching at straws,and as i said :crossed: it's true:thumb_yello:

i'm sure Mika has already decided what he is doing, he's just not wanting to tell yet, or he's been told not to :wink2:

That's exactly what I think too... He knows but can't tell...

Can we just stick to facts instead of wishful thinking? Even with my limited French it was clear to me they were not quoting Mika saying he can't/won't do The Voice. And you know maybe he really doesn't know for certain yet. If he hasn't signed a contract and hasn't turned them down flat then it could still be up for negotiations. Maybe they will give him what he wants to make it worth his while, maybe they won't.

My sense is that he didn't enjoy the Voice as much as X Factor and that being on TV all the time has not given Mika's music a substantial boost because he was already well known in France. But the only thing I've seen motivating Mika the past 18 months is money and self indulgence so I would only say it would be a bad move to do the Voice again, not a totally unlikely one.

Can we just stick to facts instead of wishful thinking? Even with my limited French it was clear to me they were not quoting Mika saying he can't/won't do The Voice. And you know maybe he really doesn't know for certain yet. If he hasn't signed a contract and hasn't turned them down flat then it could still be up for negotiations. Maybe they will give him what he wants to make it worth his while, maybe they won't.

My sense is that he didn't enjoy the Voice as much as X Factor and that being on TV all the time has not given Mika's music a substantial boost because he was already well known in France. But the only thing I've seen motivating Mika the past 18 months is money and self indulgence so I would only say it would be a bad move to do the Voice again, not a totally unlikely one.

That's what I thought when Mika did The Voice last year. He was, basically, preaching to the converted. France already loved him. I could understand more, the Italian X Factor job, because even though he had a good enough readership, with the magazine column, he wasn't that well known there really.

So the gamble paid off for Italy.

But you are right. We shouldn't just assume things without knowing the true facts. Mika has said he's concentrating on the music, until he album comes out, so we'll all have to wait and see what happens.

But I still think it's a waste of time and money to release the album in the UK, without something to back it up. Even if it is a Swatch ad, or something else, to remind the Brits that he's still alive and kicking.

Devos isa @ Devos_Isa #Télé7jours interview "La diva (#CélineDion) & le génie de la pop (#Mika)" cc @mikasounds cc @MikaFanClub#EtéIndienpic.twitter.com/DxvlZnkUEL

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Btf4nLpIUAIZCKu.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Btf4oa7IYAEcWUY.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Btf4nNSIEAEfDCZ.jpg:large

Btf4nLpIUAIZCKu.jpg:large

Btf4oa7IYAEcWUY.jpg:large

Btf4nNSIEAEfDCZ.jpg:large

Edited by sabela

So basically, they didn't know each other when they met on the L'ete Indien set.

They give each other compliments.

Of course, he knows more about her then she does about him. Sounds to me like she read a few things on the internet, like the forever comparison between Mika and Freddy Mercury (which i never understood :teehee:)

They compare their lives, like both being from large family (she is one of 13 kids, he is one of 5) Both used to perform in front of their family as children.

I'm not sure if this will boost his career, seeing this is a French magazine.

It would have probably had more effect had it been for Quebec instead of France. Even if he is popular here, he still isn't as known as Celine. :naughty:

Celine is a friend of Julie Snyder. Julie's daughter was baptized last weekend (i think) and Celine and her husband are her godparents. The little girl is maybe 6 yrs old? :dunno: she was there during the filming, in the same VIP tent we were in.

So basically, they didn't know each other when they met on the L'ete Indien set.

They give each other compliments.

Of course, he knows more about her then she does about him. Sounds to me like she read a few things on the internet, like the forever comparison between Mika and Freddy Mercury (which i never understood :teehee:)

They compare their lives, like both being from large family (she is one of 13 kids, he is one of 5) Both used to perform in front of their family as children.

I'm not sure if this will boost his career, seeing this is a French magazine.

It would have probably had more effect had it been for Quebec instead of France. Even if he is popular here, he still isn't as known as Celine. :naughty:

Celine is a friend of Julie Snyder. Julie's daughter was baptized last weekend (i think) and Celine and her husband are her godparents. The little girl is maybe 6 yrs old? :dunno: she was there during the filming, in the same VIP tent we were in.

I read in comments on Julie's FB page under the pic of Celine and Mika if she was going to turn him into his "protegé"... Then soneone else replied he didn't need her (I swear it wasn't me:teehee:)

I read in comments on Julie's FB page under the pic of Celine and Mika if she was going to turn him into his "protegé"... Then soneone else replied he didn't need her (I swear it wasn't me:teehee:)

:lmfao: and it wasn't me!!! (though it could have been, knowing my undying love for Celine! :mf_rosetinted:)

Devos isa @ Devos_Isa #Télé7jours interview "La diva (#CélineDion) & le génie de la pop (#Mika)" cc @mikasounds cc @MikaFanClub#EtéIndienpic.twitter.com/DxvlZnkUEL

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Btf4nLpIUAIZCKu.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Btf4oa7IYAEcWUY.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Btf4nNSIEAEfDCZ.jpg:large

Btf4nLpIUAIZCKu.jpg:large

Btf4oa7IYAEcWUY.jpg:large

Btf4nNSIEAEfDCZ.jpg:large

Thank you for posting :thumb_yello:

Sorry, I really don't have time to try to translate it this week :aah: But I hope that someone else can do it :wink2:

Meanwhile let's try to help those poor translators a little :

IsWk01s.jpg?1

oyY1lfU.jpg

I'm taking the job :naughty:

Thank you Sylvie and Sabela :huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

MikaFrance uploaded the interview in HD:

9qM8HYLjuS

9wCwZ8a0YR

cXQO8Rl5hj

24agjS6dQK

Here's the translation :wink2:

Céline Dion: "I'm very impressed by Mika"

Interview: The diva and the pop genius didn't know each other...they met for us, in Montreal, during the shooting of the show "L'été indien" (The indian summer) , which is hosted by Michel Drucker and Julie Snyder. Both natural born musicians, and very much supported by their families, those two have a lot more in commun than they imagined!

From the dock King-Edwards in the old town, Montreal buildings are sparkling on the other side of the Saint Laurent. A huge metallic structure, leading to the river is set on the dock which people can't go usually. "L'été indien" has set its cams. The weather is lovely and hot, the view is breathtaking. And that's only the begining. A boat passes by. Behind it there are two figures on water skis. Looking at ease, with one arm up in the air, those two young ladies look like pros. Then they are close enough to see their faces. They are Julie Snyder and Céline Dion! A nice opening scene for this show in which there will be the Quebec diva from Céline Dion and also the little genius of pop, Mika.

Journalist : First of Céline, when did you learn water skiing?

Céline Dion: (laughing): A very long time ago. I was ten! We did it for fun with friends and family. And when I was twelve, I started working as a singer. I tried water skiing again for the first time again and I fell three times , but well...

Journalist : Céline and Mika, you're meeting for us.

Céline Dion: Yes, and I'm very impressed. Mika is very tall,very slim, very sporty. I'm not amazed that he has so much energy on stage and in his videos. What an artist! For me he has something of Freddie Mercury.[Queen singer] And I've always been a Freddie Mercury fan. He was a showman both vocally and physically, so seing Mika who has some of that charisma, is a pleasure.

Mika: What a compliment! It's an honor for me to meet Céline . I didn't know her. We never happened to meet, that's crazy. Céline is a legend. I grew up with his music, his records, and it's hard not to be impressed when you meet such a woman. All that she did , how hard she worked, the way she makes her shows....many try to do the same. But it's impossible.

Journalist : Mika , you spent six months looking for "The Voice" on TF1 , and she's right here in front of you now.

Mika: that's it exactly! Céline is THE Voice! And even more than that. Thanks to her personality she got into and stayed into the hearts of people.

Céline Dion: (She is embarrassed) ...well Mika doesn't need to look for his voice , he's got all it takes!

Journalist: You both fell into music when you where kids. Do you remember the day when you told yourself "I want to become a singer"?

Céline Dion: No. That destiny set itself even before I could be conscious of it. I already sang when I was five and my first album was out when I was twelve. I've always wanted to do this for as long as I can remember. It was innate, I believe.

Mika: As for me, I remember! I was ten. It was the day when I found myself on stage at the Royal Opera of London. It was the dress rehearsal , and in this theater I had a flash. In my daily life I often saw my father coming home from work he was tired, he argued with my mother, he worked in sad offices with people he didn't like much....When I got up on the stage to sing , [Mika took music classes very young to his mother's initiative] with all those people who were working , among which myself, suddendly I was worth something. I told myself it was a job and I could base my life on it.

Journalist: You both often talk about your families. You even work with your sisters and brothers.

Céline Dion: Yes, it happened very naturally. When you have a big family like me [Thirteen sibblings]it is very likely that someone can help you with what you're doing. Today my brother Michael is here to make sure everything is going well. He is a coordinator.Family is essential for me. Everyone was a musician at home and I was the baby. [she's the youngest of the family]. When I started singing on the kitchen table, like a little Mika, a Mikette (she laughs) my family was my audience.

Mika: I'm that way too. It's a good opportunity to work with them. And they are gifted. With my sister Yasmine , we have a studio and we create illustrations. We draw artwork for my albums covers , we also draw my clothes. My other sister Paloma manages my concerts and my little sister Zuleïka just finished her studies and she's a jewelry designer. I work for a watch maker and she designs the watches. And my brother Fortuné who is an architect is also part of the creative team.

Journalist: We're here in Montreal to shoot "L'été indien". What sort of memories does this place bring back to you Céline?

Céline Dion: When I was little I loved to pick up the biggest maple tree I could find on my way to school. Those were treasures in my eyes. I had a twenty minutes walk, no matter what the weather was like, even if there was a storm and I walked back home for lunch break too. I ate fast and I walked back to school. And when the leaves were falling that was all I cared about. My favorite were the eggplant colored ones. I put them into books to make them dry. I don't know where those leaves are now, but this is the reason why I keep everything my children give to me. Peebles, leaves, flowers. I keep my shoes boxes , well not all of them (She laughs) [she has more than three thousand pair of shoes] I keep everything in shoe boxes.One day my son René-Charles gave me a two dollar worth stone and I had it set into a ring. It has no money value but it's priceless.

Journalist: Céline, during the show , you say " I'm not a super star, I'm Céline". Is this the key to your success?

Céline Dion: It's trying to stay yourself, not trying to be someone else, not to be fake. When the lights turn off, you need to stick to real values , to your loved ones. Show business is something extraordinary but also very dangerous. You can be offered the impossible, some didn't survive! You have to be strong and I got lots of help from my family. To tell the truth I was a dreamer at first but little by little I put my feet back on the ground thanks to people around me and now I'm strongly anchored to the ground.

Mika: For me, a star is an alchemy. Someone who changes everything during the time a song lasts. Like a stone that would change into gold. And when the song is over, the memory of that alchemy remains. And the singer becomes a normal person again. Céline is that way.

Info+

Mika should not be a judge in "The Voice" on TF1. "I'm preparing my album in a very intense way...and I haven't toured worldwide in two years"

"L'été indien" will be broadcasted on France 2 each Saturday starting on August 2nd at 10:40 PM and on TV5 Monde in September (there will be four shows)

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Belle découverte...

http://montreal.rougefm.ca/editorial-reseau/2014/07/28/mika

5 choses que vous ne saviez pas sur Mika

De quelle réalisation êtes-vous le plus fier dans votre vie?

Ma tournée acoustique en Amérique du Nord, au cours de laquelle j’ai fait un arrêt ici à Montréal, au Théâtre Corona. Ce fut une expérience très belle et très intime. Ça m’a prouvé qu’on n’avait pas besoin d’une grande équipe de 7 personnes sur la scène et de 57 à l’arrière afin de transporter les gens au maximum. Cette tournée m’a aussi ouvert la porte pour le concert avec l’OSM que j’aurai la chance de faire en février 2015, ce qui fait qu’elle est d’autant plus importante pour moi. J’espère que mon expérience prochaine avec l’OSM remplacera mes concerts acoustiques en tant que le plus beau moment créatif que je n’ai jamais eu.

Quel est votre péché mignon?

Les chips. Quand je commence à en manger, je ne peux plus m’arrêter… je peux en manger trois bols! Mais je ne dois pas en manger trop souvent, car ça me donne des boutons partout!

Quel est votre plus grand rêve?

De créer des spectacles, sans nécessairement en faire partie. Dans 10 ans, je me vois devenir auteur, compositeur et metteur en scène de comédies musicales. Pas des comédies musicales comme on connait présentement; j’aimerais réinventer un peu le concept. Mais il est sûr que plus tard, je me vois travailler dans le domaine théâtral.

Quelle est la plus belle valeur à vos yeux?

Le sens de l’humour. Pour moi, ça promeut tout : l’amour, la tolérance, le respect, la joie… Bref, toutes les belles choses de la vie.

Quel est votre groupe ou musicien préféré de tous les temps?

Nina Simone. Ma chanson préférée de Nina : Mississippi Goddam.

Ce que vous devez savoir sur Mika

Mika est né le 18 août 1983 à Beyrouth au Liban. Sa mère est d’origine libano-syrienne et son père est américain.

Son véritable nom est Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr.

Alors qu’il n’avait qu’un an, sa famille et lui ont quitté le Liban pour s’installer en France. Ils y ont demeuré 8 ans avant de déménager ensuite à Londres.

Mika est issu d’une famille assez nombreuse : il a deux sœurs plus âgées, Yasmine et Paloma, une sœur plus jeune, Zuleika, ainsi qu’un autre frère, plus jeune également, Fortuné.

Mika a vécu une enfance plutôt difficile; il a été victime de harcèlement et d’intimidation à l’école.

Mika a écrit sa première pièce instrumentale, Colère, après avoir entendu la pièce Heart-Shaped Box de Nirvana.

La voix de Mika a un registre qui s’étend sur 3 octaves et demie.

Plusieurs maisons de disque ont refusé de produire ses albums sous prétexte que son style était trop éclectique.

C’est sa sœur ainée Yasmine qui a dessiné la couverture de son premier album.

Mika n’est pas seulement anglophone, il parle également le français et l’italien.

Il a chanté sa première chanson en français, intitulée Elle me dit, en 2012. Son 3e album comprend quatre pièces francophones.

Mika a à son actif trois albums : Life in Cartoon Motion, The Boy Who Knew Too Much et The Origin of Love.

Il a été juge dans les émissions à succès X Factor (Italie) et The Voice (France).

Mika a déclaré publiquement son homosexualité en 2012. Il avait auparavant affirmé être bisexuel.