Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

I totally agree with you. I think he made a very earnest effort to emulate these characters, not satirize them. If it comes off a bit goofy at times it's because he's Mika, not Laurence Olivier or Clint Eastwood or Daniel Craig. :naughty: I think he did the Bond role very well though because it's part of the Bond persona to be a bit cheeky and silly. Especially in the Pierce Brosnan era.

I agree with you, I don't think he is doing fun of these characters or films and he is getting better with his acting, imo. I see this clip really funny in a very clever way, a lot of irony in it. I like the idea.

Thanks for the translation Anne :huglove:

AnneБ thank you so much! :flowers2:

You're very welcome sweethearts :huglove::huglove:

Mika is said to be in "50 Minutes inside" tonight (6PM?) on TF1 :wink2:

Aww, I missed it :sneaky2: Anyway to see it again please? :bow:

Quick question:

Is it just me or does anyone else think this when "French press" shows up on your search?

contemporary-coffee-makers-and-tea-kettles.jpg

Thanks Kez, I really needed something to make me smile tonight :thumb_yello:

50 minutes inside was a replay...

Coffee has that effect on me too... you know I send tons of love! :huglove:

thanks!!

Anyway, it's the same interview he did a few months ago but with a different intro because they added a bit of BBB promo... I expected more :mf_rosetinted:

I was convinced that was a rebroadcast, because in this type of interview, that says : " 5 importants days of Mika". And, if there would be an another interview, there will be "10 days". For me, there was so obvious. :fisch:

At least, they were speak about of his new album and BBB since few times. (about 20 seconds)

Mika thinks he is James Bond in Boum Boum Boum video

VIDÉO -The images that go along with the unbridled song of the British-Lebanese singer borrow to all styles of the seventh art:western, detective movie or thriller. A way to mock the holy masculine stereotypes?

We'd almost forget about the lyrics. The new Mika clip for the song Boum Boum Boum is shot in a bombastic way, borrowed to the movies .

There Mika made up to look like a Once Upon A Time In The West by Sergio Leone, as James Bond Doctor No style ( the first James Bond movie with Sean Connert and Ursula Andress, of course) He also revisits Stanley Kubrick's Barry Lyndon, embodies Sam Spade, the private detective , who was played by the legendary Humphrey Bogart in the Maltese Falcon, or reincarnates as Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia.

For each character, there's a matching visual universe more or less caricatural : ranch, saloon, desert, intimate black and white interview, or flirting with a blonde girl out of a swimming pool. A video with an "ironical touch" even though we would have liked Mika s movie to be a bit more in synch with what's in his light and unbridled song about a gay couple love making.

"Yesterday, we were at your mother's , she almost fell on the floor when she entered into the dressing room where you and me were going Boum Boum Boum" sings the artist. He mischeviously alludes to "seventh heaven" in the "hotel lifts" and "the shelves going badaboum". In between Boris Vian red hot song "Johnny , fais moi mal" (Johnny , hurt me) and the enthousiastic ingenuity of Charles Trenet in his "Boum" song, Mika takes over this famous onomatopoeia of French songs history and twist it in a seductive way.

It is esthetically baroque and quirky.

Although the video doesn't echo the bold lyrics of the singer, it surprises because it is esthetically baroque and quirky which is a sweet satire of the most famous masculine parts in the movies. Boum, Boum, Boum is the first single from Mika's next album, which should be out in November. After having been a coach (and having won with Kendji) in The Voice ( a talent show) and after recording several songs in Molière's language ("Elle me dit"," Karen", Un soleil mal luné and "L'amour dans le mauvais temps),the artist said that a part of the album will be in French.

thank you so much Anne!!! :wink2:

I loved the article, I find the words "baroque and quirky" completely accurate for both, the song and the video! :thumb_yello:

I really wish they would stop making comments about the album possibly coming out in November. I pretty sure that is not going to be happening. January or February would be more like it, I think.

He has several times said that the album will be out in November and I believe he can do it if he wants to. He is very determined with his work. I don't mind if it happens Jan/Feb though, I just want him to be pleased with it.

He has several times said that the album will be out in November and I believe he can do it if he wants to. He is very determined with his work. I don't mind if it happens Jan/Feb though, I just want him to be pleased with it.

He recently said he has finished the biggest part of the album, right?? He still has more than 3 months until November, I think that this time he can make it (I still remember the multiple "release dates" we had with TBWKTM and TOOL... :aah:)

He recently said he has finished the biggest part of the album, right?? He still has more than 3 months until November, I think that this time he can make it (I still remember the multiple "release dates" we had with TBWKTM and TOOL... :aah:)

That's what he said last night in interview at Rouge. That he is now in the production part. When the host said the album will be out in November, he didn't contradict her:wink2:

I really wish they would stop making comments about the album possibly coming out in November. I pretty sure that is not going to be happening. January or February would be more like it, I think.

I would be :excite: :excite: :excite: if it was November, but my only concern would be, he needs to do a lot of promo/air miles this time around, and he has xcraptor to do :dunno:

I would be :excite: :excite: :excite: if it was November, but my only concern would be, he needs to do a lot of promo/air miles this time around, and he has xcraptor to do :dunno:

That's the reason why I think it's a pretty strange period to release it (except for Italy and France of course)....by the way, he said that he will release his book in Italy this Autumn too

We will se.... :fisch:

Edited by maggie112

That's the reason why I think it's pretty strange period to release it (except for Italy and France of course)....by the way, he said that he will release his book in Italy this Autumn too

We will se.... :fisch:

Yes also in November if I'm not wrong :aah:

Single in english, I hope :fisch:

Me too. Much as I love BBB, he needs an English single to help the album. He will definitely need a lot of promotion of the album in the UK beforehand, otherwise he might as well throw his albums into a bin, rather than releasing them in UK.

Mika: Firstly I did lots of collaborations and this time it's me. And the songs in French that were bonuses in the last album this time will be part of it including Boum boum boum, even in the American release with the songs in English.

Because that is part of my identity , so that's being honest. Also my sister and I worked together on the cover that we have created in that same colorful universe which is a way to be back into this surealist world which is a way to be detached from daily life and being able to deal with anything with real subjects like love or sex in a more impulsive manner and create more tolerance. Absurdity is helpful to open minds , it's a Tintin like universe, not a Carebear universe, a childish one , which doesn't mean kids won't like it since kids might enjoy complicated things.

I am so glad the French songs will be included alongside the English ones and not just as bonus tracks on the French release... I always love his French songs and I think they deserve a wider audience. :wub2:

Also great news about the cover!