REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Düsseldorf, Germany - March 20, 2010

guylainem123

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika @ dusseldorf in only 1 word: AMAZING!!!

First I woke up at 8 o'clock in the morning yesterday.. I was surprised that I was able to sleep because normally I just can't get any sleep before a MIKA gig, but I could this time. Had some coffee, got a shower, did my make-up, found something to wear, packed my bag!!!

I went to the train station at 11.30 to pick up Barbara. Then drove back home where Annemaaike and Jolanda had arrived as well. Drank some coffee and tea and OFF TO DUSSELDORF!!! We had a lot of fun in the bus of course we did al lot of talking about Mika.

When we arrived in Dusseldorf I started to get very nervous. Just the idea that you're finally there. While you've been looking forward to it for weeks. Dusseldorf is a lovely city at least from what I saw of it. On our way we saw a few posters of Mika and we watched every car that passed by to see if he

was in it, hahahaha...but unfortunately no Mika.

After an hour and a half drive we arrived at Phillipshalle and there already were about 40 fans waiting there. Ingrid came to us to give us a number. After we waited for about one hour they put some fences and they told us to sit in front of the other door. The other fans went through the normal entrance, so that was a special feeling.

After waiting for a few hours, which went very fast, it was already 5 o'clock and I was just thinking that John could come outside any minute, when he did came outside to ask who wanted to be Lollipop Girl or Big girl. I got a bit

nervous. Jolanda wasn't sure at first if she wanted it, but at the moment John came to ask, I asked her Are you in? she said YES!!! out of the blue... so there was no way back for her. A lot of ladies wanted to be Lollipop or Big Girl so John told us that Joanie had to choose between them, not all of them could not join. So we followed John backstage (totally nervous of course) after 3 minutes walking we saw Joanie. There was Mika stuff all over the place, things to use on stage etc. and we heard Mika soundchecking

on the background. That was a great moment!!! Jolanda was chosen very fast, but Annemaaike was still standing beside me, so she said: My mother is over there, so Joanie said she could also join. When John asked me if I was going to any other gigs, I said yes Amsterdam. Joanie said, ok would you like to be Lollipop Girl there. Of course I wanted that, so they put me on a list.

When several girls had been chosen I walked (together with a few other girls) along with John. When we were talking over there, all of a sudden Mika walked by and said hi :)) After we gave our names to John, he saw a girl crying, because her best friend was picked out and she wasn't. John pitied her and decided to give her a backstage pass as consolation. When he came back he had M&G wristbands with him, so we all said, we want one an we got one, I was so happy with it.

After we were ready, we went back to the exit and waited till we were allowed back in. Miranda (friend of mine) had arrived and I was pretty glad that I couldn't be a Lollipop Girl because otherwise she would have been alone. Meanwhile it got very busy at the other entrance, so we were very lucky to be with the first 50. Our door opened at 18.30u and we got in first. I ran in immediately and managed to get a space at the right side, in the front row. While we were waiting, I did go to the merchandise to get a white Mika shirt, when I got back the pre-show was almost about to start.

The pre-show was a German band, actually I didn't like it, but it's not my music. When the German band was finished we had to wait another 30 minutes before Mika started the show. I was still texting with Jolanda who was backstage. Funny to hear what happened backstage, while I was in standing front row. Then we saw Annemaaike and Jolanda standing on the stairs and we waved at each other.

Finally!!! The show began. AMAZING!!! that feeling you get from it. MIKAAA!!!. Mika sung perfectly. Except at Toy Boy, he forgot the lyrics, a very funny moment. During the gig I laughed with iMMa she made

some funny faces while I was making pictures of her. Jimmy was also looking at me all the time. I didn't know were to look. But when I did, he looked at me like "hmmm i think i know you?? hahaha..

When it was time for Lollipop Jolanda and Annemaaike came on stage. Jolanda was right in front of me and I saw she was looking for us with that huge mask. So when she did see me, She held up her thumbs and I held my thumbs up to her and screamed "YOU GO GIRL!!!" After the gig they played Kick-Ass, absolutely amazing!!! We sang along out loud.

John came to pick us up for the M&G. That was amazing. He made us ready for the group photo He made some pictures for fun at first, but we said John there's someone missing, so when Mika was ready with the other M&G he came standing in between and they made the picture. Further I don't have to tell about it, there is a vid of it hahaha..

After we were finished, we went outside, we had to go through a gate where a lot of fans were waiting in the rain for Mika. I waited here as well for Jimmy, because I had a present for him too. After 30 minutes Mika came outside and everyone ran to him, it was very busy and I was very glad that I had a M&G already, because outside you couldn't reach Mika very well. Unfortunately the band didn't come outside, so I was a little bit sad, hahaha because I was not able to give the presents to Jimmy :(.

But I thought come on Sylvana you've had a great day, it couldn't be better! When we left I looked at my twitter and there was a tweet from Jimmy. Jimmyplaysbass@sylvanav I saw you i think? hahahaha. And I was totally happy again. A perfect end of the day.

WHAT A DAY!!!

Translated by dutchy

Edited by Sylvana

OMG! That was soooo worth 4 flights in 3 days to get there!:biggrin2:

I'm not going to do a report, because I didn't do anything special(except travel through Norway and get lost in Dusseldorf!) or meet anybody but just being there was awesome!!

My pictures and videos aren't great, my camera's pretty rubbish but I'll weed out the good ones later and post them! Loved all the reports guys, again, I am so jealous those who met him!

Now, is it June yet???:roftl:

Hi to everyone I met at Dusseldorf... Rebbeca,( thanks for chating inside..still working on getting to Antwerp),Tiibet,Axie,Mellody,Maripossa,graciosa,Ingie,droopsy,Monie (sorry if I jumped around while you were videoing !!)...... I had a fantastic time, I love how Mika can make every concert a little different every time x Rachel xx

Oh hi! Now I know who you are on mfc! It was great to meet you! :)

Here is a list of my vids:

Love Today

Toy Boy

Any Other World

Blue Eyes

Touches You

Happy Ending

Lollipop

I See You

OMS

We Are Golden (a funny Martin & Jimmy moment 4:00 :teehee:)

BIOTG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toUBtF_-3Zs

And from M&G (But OMG OMG, what happened to the voice???? SOOOOOO sorry girls...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCH_48U4fTE

Love Today

Toy Boy

Any Other World

Blue Eyes

Touches You

Happy Ending

Lollipop

I See You

OMS

We Are Golden (a funny Martin & Jimmy moment 4:00 :teehee:)

BIOTG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toUBtF_-3Zs

And from M&G (But OMG OMG, what happened to the voice???? SOOOOOO sorry girls...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCH_48U4fTE

Thank you so much! Great quality! :biggrin2:

I think I was standing behind you :teehee:

oooooh, it's soooo weird to see yourself haha.. never thought that i made so much different faces whahahaha..

thank youuuu :)

mika.jpg

yay i have the same t shirt as mika.

:teehee:

Intro

Rain

Big Girl

Stuck in the Middle

Blame it on the girls

Billy Brown

Any Other World

Blue Eyes

I see you

Dr. John

Over my shoulder

Good gone girl

Touches you

Happy Ending

(Schoolboy scene)

Love Today

Relax

We Are Golden

Toy Boy

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

thanks for that! :thumb_yello:

After that,we got to meet Mika and take pictures.I asked if i could be on the picture with Celien and Joyce,and they agreed:thumb_yello: But then i felt bad again,because when it was our turn,Mika pulled me towards him,so Celien was on my side,and not next to Mika :shocked: Sorry again Celien,it wasn't my intension at all,but it went by so fast,and he had a firm grip as you can tell on the picture.Like you can see how happy I was on the picture,not!

To be honoust,saturday I felt like it was the worst night of my life,but now I'm happy I was backstage,meeting all of you lovely people,and of course Mrs P. John and all the others :wub2: I feel blessed,they are all so sweet,and they can't help it I have these stupid eyes,so I'm happy after all.

It's ok :wink2: it's such a beautiful pic :wub2: I'm happy we had the chance for a pic with him :wub2:

I have a serious OMG I'M SUCH A FREAKING IDIOT moment and the only thing you notice is the fact that after 3 years, he finally built up some muscles:roftl:

LMFAO you know me! :roftl:

Come on, be kind. I had a dream about you last night that involved us going on a Mika hunt :aah: (You know you've spent way too long on the MFC if you start dreaming about people you've never met chasing a pop star)

I have a serious OMG I'M SUCH A FREAKING IDIOT moment and the only thing you notice is the fact that after 3 years, he finally built up some muscles:roftl:

Aren't you used to those moments? :mf_rosetinted:

LMFAO you know me! :roftl:

Come on, be kind. I had a dream about you last night that involved us going on a Mika hunt :aah: (You know you've spent way too long on the MFC if you start dreaming about people you've never met chasing a pop star)

Ah well, at least I know that in your subconsciousness you think of me:roftl:

I wanna cry:mf_rosetinted::teehee: