REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Düsseldorf, Germany - March 20, 2010

guylainem123

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seemed ages before the support act came on. Tiibet and I just talked and I used her shoulder to rest on as my feet were aching. At last the support act came on. He was ok, songs sounded pretty much the same and we were just checking if he was gay or not. Our conclusion was: Definately Gay :P

In the meantime, this security man kept staring at us and it kind of freaked us out! Well the support act was done and they started preparing the stage for Mika. One of the striped guys had this suit open and his fantastic belly hung out! Mellody gave us all balloons and we blew them up. So then the wait started again and we were just talking when suddenly the lights went down and David came on stage! Everyone freaked out! It was my first time seeing this show and it was FANFREAKINAMAZINGNESSWITHCHERRIESONTOPANDSERVINGONTHESIDE! I had a blaaaasssttt! Especially during Love Today and We are Golden! And I loved cheering for my biggies and lollies! And I'm sorry for the person whose toe must be blue because I stepped on it so often and sorry to Tiibet for howling through your videos (Can't really call it singing XD) and sorry Mika that I almost made you drop your mic thanks to my perfectly aimed balloon! :P

Afterwards, they started playing Kick Ass and everyone kept standing there and dancing and singing and shouting and if he was peeking, he should be proud because we did not disappoint!

Then now onto the last part, the Meet and Greet XD

Saturday started off a bit bumpy…Rebecca –Koekoekakaknijn- and her kids were ill all night long and I started feeling ill on the morning itself..great start.

Dispite us feeling low, we decided (well…decided…errmm… XD) to still go to the gig. Shady was on her way too.

I walked to Rebecca her parents and I found out I forgot the We Are Golden Vinyl to get it signed! So we had to go back to my place, Shady was already waiting at the trainstation…

Twenty minutes late, we got at the trainstation and picked up Shady.

On our way we played Wouter Hamel and MIKA, because I didn’t have a playlist for only MIKA…I wasn’t really awake apparently, because you can sort on Artist…oh well…let’s just indoctrinate (is that an English word? LOL) Shady and make her a new fan hahaha.

We got at the venue at about noon and could parc RIGHT in front of the venue, how convenient!!! Not many people there yet, so we got a number (23) and sat down.

Relaxed a bit, especially after the week Rebecca and I had, both really tired and we talked a bit to some MFCers. Nice too meet up with some familiar faces again! Cool!

Shady and Rebecca really wanted to be BG/LG and I was more like: hmmm…I only go because they really wanna go, but I had my turn already and I’m tired and TOTALLY not prepared for the gig.

I had my birthday this week and 2 Wouter Hamel gigs, so I wasn’t really thinking about Mika just yet, totally unprepared.

Then the security said we got our own doors, which was awesome and we moved to those doors and sat down again.

After a while, John came up to the door, to get the BG’s and LG’s.

So we went with John backstage to see who got through and who didn’t.

Great bit was, that Mrs. P recognized me :D that was nice!

I got picked soon, as there were not a lot of real Big Girls and she wanted real Big Girls on stage. The chosen BG’s were all happy for the day, to be big! It felt the same as in Dublin. Beautiful!

I hoped that Rebecca got chosen, but there were really a LOT of LG’s trying and there were only 4 dresses… 

One of the LG wannabees really wanted to be a LG, but Mamma P thought she was a bit too big and she could go on stage as BG, as she really felt bad for the girl, I think. And the girl said rudely NO! I was amazed… I mean..you get your chance, to be on stage with Mika…and you turn it down because you can’t be LG. I guess she has her reasons for that ofcourse, but twas just a tad strange me thinks.

With lots of tossing and turning the LG’s and BG’s were chosen and the ones who couldn’t go on now, could write their name down and they will be LG/BG at some other gig.

Rebecca didn’t get picked  but she will be on stage in Antwerp!!!

Miek got chosen too and Shady and some other MFCers that I didn’t know before (Jojotje and daughter: it was great to meet you! Lovely people you are!!Really!!Well done you, on stage!!).

We got our own dressing room and waited there and got our wristbands.

I felt bad for leaving Rebecca behind…it was her first Mika gig since last year in Amsterdam and we would do this together…she didn’t know ANY MFCers, so it was really STUPID of me, to leave her behind. Thankfully Miek understood my concerns and I rang Rebecca.

I heard she was with Rachael (?spelled right?) and that she was ok.

Later on I rang again and she told me, she got wristbands too, to have her Meet & Greet with King Curl. I was relieved to hear that and I could enjoy my 2nd BG experience to the fullest.

In the meanwhile Miek found out, we had WIFI and so I got my iPod and surfed on the internet a bit. Then I got the idea, to tweet to Jimmy XD and I said that I was going to be a BG again and that we were in the dressing room. Not long after, Jimmy walked by and asked who tweeted him hahha

So some pointed at me and I said I just tweeted him. He laughed and showed a picture of Breakfast (twas Breakfast, right?). Then he walked away again, to get back to the door a few moments later, with his iPhone, taking a picture of me and Miek. It was so funny!!! (as one can see on the picture, I found it quite hilarious and I was just tweeting the Quote of the day : Who was tweeting me). I refreshed the twitter page and found out, that Jimmy posted the picture on Twitter. He’s crazy! LOL

He’s so much fun!

I showed the other BG’s/LG’s the video from Tiibet, where Mika dances with me and they were all going like OHHH. :D

We got to see the stage and where we would be, but we didn’t rehearse anything there…

Then it was time to get dressed. I got to be in the PINK corset this time, with a blue mask. LOVED it! Miek was dressed EXACTLY like me in Dublin!!! AWESOME!! Same corset , same mask.

My mask was way better fitting than the one in Dublin. I could SEE a bit more *more holes in the thing?* and it didn’t slide forward.

Then we waited and waited and I started to worry about the rehearsing-bit… but during the support act, we rehearsed backstage in the hallway with Mrs. P.

I missed Yasmine this time. She was a real star with Mrs. P to make sure everything was going perfect. It was so different this time. Some things went a bit wrong. The masks were missing, the rehearsals for us were a bit late, some other things were late. I don’t know. It all went ok in the end, but just late.

My muscles in my arms ache now, because of the rehearsals with our arms up whahahaha!I really need to start sports again!

I loved the group LG’s/BG’s, such nice people!

We got sandwiches and candy! WOW!! Since my stomach was feeling quite allright, I didn’t want to spoil that by eating, so I only had water.

Then we could go into the crowd, to see the show (thanks for your coat, Miek!). On the side we went in, it was so busy and I knew Rebecca was at the left side of the stage, so I went there and Miek and Shady followed, also not really wanted to be in that pushing crowd.

I had 3 memory cards that I needed to hand over to Rebecca, but I couldn’t get close. Thankfully, someone from security gave the cards to her. HA!

Then a girl came up and asked the security man, to give the flower to Mika, but he refused. After some thinking, I went up to the girl and asked, if she wanted to give the rose to Mika and she said yes. Turned out to be a Dutch girl (with dyed red hair, is she from the MFC?). I told her, we would go backstage soon again and that I could give the rose to Mrs. P or John and she was glad that I wanted to do so. I didn’t know if Mika would come up afterwards, plus she wanted to give the rose away already…so…yeah. And she was happy about it, so I took the rose and kept it for a while.

And then it was time to get back and get on stage!

We got our masks on our heads, but we had to wait about THREE songs or so, before we could go on.

Shady got pulled out from the group, as her eyesight is poorly and even more so, with those heads on.

Anyway…NIIICCCEE on stage!! Since they used the blacklight, we were able to see a bit more, than in Dublin and I could see Mika sit there and I could see the one in front of me too! THAT was much better!!

If you watch the videos closely, you can see I give a thumbs up to my best friend in the audience, sneaky me ;)

After that we could go back into the crowd, but most of us decided to stay backstage, as it was SO hot in the venue, that we could use a bit of rest and just chat and have fun.

Mrs. P put us on a nice spot backstage, where we could hear very well and where a nice flow of cool air got in.

And then the band and Mika came backstage, to get dressed on stage…

So hmm..Jimmy was shirtless and that was a nice view. Jimmy found out we were drooling over him and he turned around (he was just getting his shirt on) and opened his shirt widely XD XD XD hilarious! After that he was in his boxers, I’m not complaining of that sight too. LOL

Then it was time to get back on stage. Really short time, but I think the LG’s understood Mrs. P wrong..I think she said to go on stage, but they only went a couple of meters or so and stood still again. I don’t know for sure. Anyway, Mrs. P came back and said we had to go on and so on we went!

Nobody of our group from the left side of the stage (right side for the audience), was going to the middle of the stage…and so, however I was almost on the most right side, near Jimmy may I add, I just went to the middle of the stage, next to Miek.

And had some fun there! I kicked some of the balloons and almost kicked Mika in the n*ts by doing that…. OOPS!

And then we bowed, I was next to Mika, awesome!!! He is brilliant!

And…time to get off stage and get dressed.

We were all sweating and having red heads hahaha.

And then we waited for the M&G. Apparently we didn’t get an M&G with the other girls, so I couldn’t meet up with mah bestest friend…I missed her 

We got the stuff out we wanted to get signed and got ready.

Imma came by and we asked her siggy and a picture and she did. In the meanwhile, she dropped her biscuits and she had to go and get new biscuits, otherwise the others would kill her…awwww :P

Then Jimmy came by and Miek asked for a picture and so he did  and also a signature. YAY!

After a while, I asked Mrs. P if we were at the right spot and while I asked, someone from the security told us, Mika would come to see us in 2 mins.

I was like: yeah, right, Mikaminutes, are at least 30 minutes in our world. But yeah, in 2 mins, Mika was with us! I was surprised!

We could take pictures in little groups, so me and Miek got on each side of Mika and posed. I snuggled up to Mika a bit :$ Couldn’t behave myself hahaha.

Then I got my little notebook, to get the heart I wanted, for the small tattoo… so I asked if he could draw me a small heart, for a tattoo. And he asked if I was SURE to do so. I said yes and we got to talk about tattoos a bit and he started to sing a song and I sang along with him. AWESOME moment.

This all, while he was drawing the heart…all I wanted was a <3 HEART, but he made a whole piece of art of it, so I asked if he knew what THAT all was going to cost me! LOL

He was really relaxed and was really funny too. Especially with the water bottle, which he signed and then put on there: Mika’s water sample. Then he also explained what was funny about it and that he wrote something dirty. Which was sooooo cuuuuteeee!!!

I thanked Mrs. P for all the trouble she goes to everytime again, just for us. She is such a sweet person! Mika must be gratefull, that he has a mum like that. And Jimmy must be gratefull that he has a surrogate mum like her! (and all the other bandmembers too ofcourse).

Then it was time to say goodbye to eachother and go outside and go home.

A lot of people were waiting outside, I didn’t think Mika would come out anymore, because they gave away M&G bracelets to some people. But I heard he did come out! Cool!

We went to the car almost immediately, Rebecca was there already and it started to rain.

Rebecca took all the pictures and videos. She is awesome!

I am gratefull to have her as a best friend, but NEXT gig. SHE will be in the spotlights! YES!!

Thanks all for the wonderfull time again!

Again a huge report. Sorry… LOL

All I can say is that i loved it.... and him.... Don't need many words to explain that I guess...:wub2:

Thanks Rachel for keeping me company btw!

And Biekje for dragging me along ;)

:roftl: you're so the opposite of me right now:floor:

VERY long and detailed for me and short and to the point for you:thumb_yello:

thank you for sharing all the videos and pics... and for the reports, too, of course!

it was my first mika gig yesterday (finally I got to see him live!!)- and it was amazing!! do the members of the fanclub always get in first? I have never seen that on a concert before. cool though, as you waited the longest time outside.:wink2: i was there at around 4 and made it to the third row. i had so much fun! i expected it to be good, but it was even better... :wub2:

For the m&g we were put into a room, first all the disabled people got their moment and then Navah, who was one of the WAG winners and John was already putting us right for the group pic. I layed down in front of them because my feet were hurting so bad and then I was doing some poses and John said: “God you're such a poser!”

And Monie told John before to click 2 times or 3 times and then when Mika wasn't with us yet, John started snapping and went like: And that's 1! And Monie yelled; noooo that doesn't cooouunt!

Then Mika came over and I wanted to get up, but I slipped and fell down again and he said oooh! And I stood up quickly and said: Noo it's ok, I'm cool, I'm cool and he laughed and then we took the pictures and then Monie and I gave the dvd and couldn't stop talking. It was kind of embarrassing as you can see on the video, I even had my cheesy moment there and after Monie and I went into a discussion he didn't know what to do and just turned around hehe. The sweetest thing was when he was about to go and he said to me: “Thanks again, it is really kind of you!” And then he left and we skipped outside of the room and it was really cool to go through the back entrance and see all those people waiting. Monie and I just sat a bit away from the crowd as we had our moment and just wanted to relax. The Big girls and Lollipop girls came out again and we reunited. I told Flori I had something for her, and gave her the cd she forgot to take and I got it signed for her and then she said: Erm I also have something for you! And she gave me a signed setlist!

Then there were a lot of squeals and apparently Mika came out, but we didn't see him, it was very quick and he went away quickly. Then Bubbles, from the Katy Perry Forum came to say hello again and I asked Miek and Monie if they could drop us off at the place we were staying at. They were fine with it and a moment later, I jump on everyone to say goodbye and we went into the car and drove to my stepmother's friend's house. Monie asked if she could use the toilet, but I warned them they wouldn't get out so easily.

And I was right ofcourse, the sweet lady is so lovely, when Monie was in the bathroom, she kept asking Miek if she wanted something to eat or drink and Miek kept refusing and I kept saying: “You can't win this!” and Miek said: “But we have to go!” And 5 minutes later, they were on the couch and I said: “I told ya, you couldn't win!” After they left, Flori and I went to bed because we had to catch an early train and before we knew it.....the fairytale was overrrr again.

That was Ingie, for MFC news:mf_rosetinted:

Hi :Mia: ! And welcome! :original:

Glad you liked it :biggrin2:

This was the first time that the people that were there first (were not all MFC'ers, but most of them were :wink2:) got into the venue first .. Never happened before, think it depends on the venue. But it was very nice of them :biggrin2:

Hi :Mia: ! And welcome! :original:

Glad you liked it :biggrin2:

This was the first time that the people that were there first (were not all MFC'ers, but most of them were :wink2:) got into the venue first .. Never happened before, think it depends on the venue. But it was very nice of them :biggrin2:

No, happened in Stockholm and London as well, some more gigs too, can't really remember:naughty:

ah ok, that's really cool. :thumb_yello: i also liked that it was all pretty relaxed, when they let us in afterwards. (unfortunately some people were pushing inside the venue then...)

@binie: thank you! :original:

i enjoyed the concert so much, i would love to go again straightaway.:wub2:

could anyone post the setlist from yesterday? or is it always the same? (sorry for asking so many 'stupid' questions...:blush-anim-cl:)

Edited by :Mia:

ah ok, that's really cool. :thumb_yello: i also liked that it was all pretty relaxed, when they let us in afterwards. (unfortunately some people were pushing inside the venue then...)

@binie: thank you! :original:

i enjoyed the concert so much, i would love to go again straightaway.:wub2:

could anyone post the setlist from yesterday? or is it always the same? (sorry for asking so many 'stupid' questions...:blush-anim-cl:)

Would like to go,too...

I think the setlist is always the same.I just now that i begins with the remix of Rain and ends with Lollipop :blush-anim-cl: