Mika @ Paradiso, Amsterdam, THE NETHERLANDS, 27-10-2012: REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

dcdeb

this was my 2nd mika gig, my first was (i believe) the first of mika in the netherlands, somewhere in 2007 at the heineken music hall. still remember that one quite well, mika speaking more in dutch then many other artists together (dutch artists excluded) and a nice story about the origin of the billy brown song. the weird teddy bear pinic part and the end was great also with the huge balls in the venue, saw one hours later in the town where i lived back then, someone had taken one home :)

he visited the netherlands a number of times since then i know, but for different reasons i couldnt go, some holidays at the day of the gigs or other things. to be honest i missed the concertgebouw one because i found out about it too late.

back to 2012, a smaller venue with less attributes but an equally or perhaps even better mika. he proves to be a superb entertainer who does lots of fun audience interaction but can also perform touching balads. the polka dot choir is a great addition and probably the night of your life if your chosen.

to be honest the latest album hasn't fully grown on me yet. there are some good tracks, but also some i don't like that much. luckily the set list contained the best of the past and some good new tracks, with luckily my favourite underwater. this setlist from a gig in america is the same as we had i believe. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mika/2012/the-fonda-hollywood-ca-3bdd68bc.html the audience was great and certainly wanted to join mika in his party making this a brilliant evening.

made some video's, the picture isnt that good (and youtube trying to fix it doesnt help), but the sound usually is.

stardust (sorry for put the wrong title up first)

underwater

origin of love (including the hat and goggles part)

relax, take it easy

Thanks for posting & welcome to MikaFanClub :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this was my 2nd mika gig, my first was (i believe) the first of mika in the netherlands, somewhere in 2007 at the heineken music hall. still remember that one quite well, mika speaking more in dutch then many other artists together (dutch artists excluded) and a nice story about the origin of the billy brown song. the weird teddy bear pinic part and the end was great also with the huge balls in the venue, saw one hours later in the town where i lived back then, someone had taken one home :)

he visited the netherlands a number of times since then i know, but for different reasons i couldnt go, some holidays at the day of the gigs or other things. to be honest i missed the concertgebouw one because i found out about it too late.

back to 2012, a smaller venue with less attributes but an equally or perhaps even better mika. he proves to be a superb entertainer who does lots of fun audience interaction but can also perform touching balads. the polka dot choir is a great addition and probably the night of your life if your chosen.

to be honest the latest album hasn't fully grown on me yet. there are some good tracks, but also some i don't like that much. luckily the set list contained the best of the past and some good new tracks, with luckily my favourite underwater. this setlist from a gig in america is the same as we had i believe. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mika/2012/the-fonda-hollywood-ca-3bdd68bc.html the audience was great and certainly wanted to join mika in his party making this a brilliant evening.

made some video's, the picture isnt that good (and youtube trying to fix it doesnt help), but the sound usually is.

stardust (sorry for put the wrong title up first)

underwater

origin of love (including the hat and goggles part)

relax, take it easy

welcome! :original:

it's good to find old but new fans! :thumb_yello:

The reviewer says: It is a pity that, although there was a choir and singalone band members, there was apparently the need to use vocals on tape. If you are with as many people on stage that shouldn't be necessary.

My question to other MFC'ers: am I that naive or wasn't there a tape?:dunno:

i don't know about the new tour, but usually there are backing vocals from a tape, for example for the choir parts of WAG or for other choruses where on the CD there are a lot of voices that mika and his band can't sing all at the same time. the polka dot choir is not a professional gospel choir, so i could well imagine that they still use the tape. :wink2: maybe the reviewer didn't know that it wasn't a professional choir? :dunno:

edit: i just watched the happy ending video from amsterdam... in the end, the big sounding part, i'm pretty sure you can hear strings and vocals from the original cd recording. :wink2: i see nothing wrong with that tho.

thanks for all your reports/pix/videos! :flowers2: i've updated the first post, please let me know if i missed anyone. :wink2:

Edited by mellody

thanks everyone for your reports, pics and vids:flowers2:

seems like this was a fantastic start of the European tour:wub2:

Wrote a blog: http://ingridchant.blogspot.nl/2012/10/rocking-****-out-of-paradiso.html

You know, I also wasn't sure about sending in my video. I thought I wasn't good enough. But, had I not done it, then I wouldn't have had the great experience I had yesterday, plus I wouldn't have met all these amazing people. Yeah, rejection is tough, and I would've been sad if I wouldn't have been picked, but at least you've tried.

As we say in my language; Nee heb je, ja kun je krijgen.

Which basically means: You have a no, but you can get a yes:naughty:

Really enjoyed reading your blog Ingie! It must be a super amazing experience being in the choir!

I think this one is not posted yet: http://www.muziek.nl/concertverslag/item/21554-concertverslag-mika

'Jackie'?? Brown?;)

Woont Mika deels in Miami?

Deze journalist is erg slordig met de nederlandse taal, maar verder best een aardige recensie.

Thanks for posting. :thumb_yello: I had the same questions when reading it. :teehee:

I might be naive, but I do not believe this:

Jammer is dan weer wel, dat ondanks het koor en de meezingende bandleden, het blijkbaar toch nodig is om een bandje op de achtergrond mee te laten draaien. Als je met zoveel man op het podium staat, zou dat toch anders moeten kunnen lijkt mij.'

from one of the reviews (I believe it is mentioned already but it is this one: http://musicisallwegot.wordpress.com/tag/grace-kelly/)

The reviewer says: It is a pity that, although there was a choir and singalone band members, there was apparently the need to use vocals on tape. If you are with as many people on stage that shouldn't be necessary.

My question to other MFC'ers: am I that naive or wasn't there a tape?:dunno:

He uses backing tracks for some songs like Celebrate and WAG, but no pre-recorded vocals. At least not that I know of.

Wrote a blog: http://ingridchant.blogspot.nl/2012/10/rocking-****-out-of-paradiso.html

You know, I also wasn't sure about sending in my video. I thought I wasn't good enough. But, had I not done it, then I wouldn't have had the great experience I had yesterday, plus I wouldn't have met all these amazing people. Yeah, rejection is tough, and I would've been sad if I wouldn't have been picked, but at least you've tried.

As we say in my language; Nee heb je, ja kun je krijgen.

Which basically means: You have a no, but you can get a yes:naughty:

I just read your blog. Loved it. :thumb_yello:

What a fantastic gig!

I'm just uploading some videos now

This was a special gig for lots of reasons - a few include

Amsterdam! Venue was beautiful and intimate

Lovely people - Polka Dot choir - Monie and Ingie - superstars!

MFCers! rock

My boys first ever gig and they had a fabulous time - before- during and after the gig! They have some new heros - mainly MFCers!

Starting in reverse order - here is some Lollipop action featuring Mika and The Amsterdam Polka Dot choir form a perfect spot left stage :wink2:

No ... you lot were extra special ... he knows you have acquired tastes :teehee:

Yeah, we'd only do it for Moet&Chandon....or Crystal:mf_rosetinted:

It was his idea though, and I think he wanted to get wasted with us as he wished he had more bottles:naughty:

Yeah, we'd only do it for Moet&Chandon....or Crystal:mf_rosetinted:

It was his idea though, and I think he wanted to get wasted with us as he wished he had more bottles:naughty:

It's you, isn't it? Mika always wants to get you drunk. Why is that?

I don't think he pulls out a bottle of champagne after every gig:fisch:

:naughty: And you overshadowed him again,people from the audience were watching of you guys,while Mika was struggling to do his best moves there :teehee:

[YOUTUBE]9dEmT10afro&feature[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks,Vickylovesmika :thumb_yello:

It's you, isn't it? Mika always wants to get you drunk. Why is that?

I do not know. It's the innocent look in my eyes that he wants to destroy I guess. So I will love him. Cause I only do when drunk:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: And you overshadowed him again,people from the audience were watching of you guys,while Mika was struggling to do his best moves there :teehee:

[YOUTUBE]9dEmT10afro&feature[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks,Vickylovesmika :thumb_yello:

So the woman who complained about us being too wild was actually Mika in disguise?:mf_rosetinted:

I do not know. It's the innocent look in my eyes that he wants to destroy I guess. So I will love him. Cause I only do when drunk:mf_rosetinted:

So the woman who complained about us being too wild was actually Mika in disguise?:mf_rosetinted:

Sure you do...

Well... I don't know about the other polka dot choirs, but I do know this one was quite an eye catcher, especially you :naughty: