2012 - Roundhouse, London, UK - 13 December: REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

guylainem123

Originally Posted by French Deb

:

Please, don't generalize, thank you This is not very respectful for French people, don't you think ?!

And please, don't stir up the tensions between Brits and French fans, we don't need this...

Just want to put my point of view, what is the point here about France v England :mf_rosetinted: silly, sorry guys :blush-anim-cl: can't blame the UK fans for that neither fans French, I'm Brazilian and I have a very varied taste in music, I love music :wub2:... if English, French, Italian, Portuguese, whatever, I think ... the feeling goes beyond the language.

Mika is a mix of everything, he is English, Lebanese, French, American, of course I'm generalizing, he even has a nicely varied taste, he recorded his cds worldwide, recorded his dvds in France. Why we get so preoccupied in its sales success, particularly in the UK? will he cares less, we don't know, I just hope he continues evolving and making his beautiful songs, I think he'll continue doing records and gigs, no matter sales sucess or at least I hope so, for our pleasure :mikalove:

Just throwing random thoughts, I needed that, sorry my english.

ps: I love what is offered in terms of videos, photos and reports of ALL MFCers :flowers2: going to the shows, for those who are not there, like me at the moment, it is of immense value, particularly very grateful to Nina (tiibet) detailing beautifully in her blog the shows she goes and thanks God are many :biggrin2::huglove:

here are my videos. as always, i've mostly filmed the talking bits - only comme une soleil and myh are the whole songs. :wink2:

in the talk before lywid there's the bit we've been talking about here on the thread, he says: "people aren't home with their families yet ... and they spend the weekend pissed." - and i think he either talks about himself when he says that, or about max/felix, since he keeps looking back to them all the time. :dunno: but from the gesture he makes when saying it, i'd think he talks about himself. maybe his boyfriend couldn't make it to the london show and that's why mika wasn't in the best mood? :dunno:

and in the talk before stardust, you can see the whole fan present thing - he mostly was talking about the money and said that he's a "stingy f*cker". :naughty:

in the talk before lywid there's the bit we've been talking about here on the thread, he says: "people aren't home with their families yet ... and they spend the weekend pissed." - and i think he either talks about himself when he says that, or about max/felix, since he keeps looking back to them all the time. :dunno: but from the gesture he makes when saying it, i'd think he talks about himself. maybe his boyfriend couldn't make it to the london show and that's why mika wasn't in the best mood? :dunno:

and in the talk before stardust, you can see the whole fan present thing - he mostly was talking about the money and said that he's a "stingy f*cker". :naughty:

I didn't quite get the whole Christmas speech since he seems to have started before the video begins but isn't he talking about how now is the best time during the Christmas period in London? You haven't spent all your money yet, you're not dealing with all your family drama because you haven't gone back home yet (to your parents') you're just enjoying some Christmas cheer (getting pissed).

He looks like he's just being silly with the gift too. I am not getting bad mood at all from these clips. Back in the day he barely chatted at all during the gigs except for the prerehearsed song intros. He's a little more spontaneous now but I don't remember him being particularly chatty at the US gigs either.

I didn't quite get the whole Christmas speech since he seems to have started before the video begins but isn't he talking about how now is the best time during the Christmas period in London? You haven't spent all your money yet, you're not dealing with all your family drama because you haven't gone back home yet (to your parents') you're just enjoying some Christmas cheer (getting pissed).

He looks like he's just being silly with the gift too. I am not getting bad mood at all from these clips. Back in the day he barely chatted at all during the gigs except for the prerehearsed song intros. He's a little more spontaneous now but I don't remember him being particularly chatty at the US gigs either.

ah, language barriers! :doh: watching it again from that point of view (pissed in the sense of drunk), you may be right. but still, maybe it's hard to notice in the videos but i thought there was a sharp edge to the things he said that evening, in the way he said it, his face expressions, the tone of his voice, everything. it's not the sweet joking mika we know, who also would use swear words but we'd think it's cute that he does. :teehee: it just felt different, hard to describe. :dunno: and whatever he meant, i still have the feeling he talks about himself when he says "not at home with your families yet" - so if it's in the sense you say, maybe he had a fight with someone of them, and thus is glad he can disappear to more gigs and promo in other places now. :naughty:

ah, language barriers! :doh: watching it again from that point of view (pissed in the sense of drunk), you may be right. but still, maybe it's hard to notice in the videos but i thought there was a sharp edge to the things he said that evening, in the way he said it, his face expressions, the tone of his voice, everything. it's not the sweet joking mika we know, who also would use swear words but we'd think it's cute that he does. :teehee: it just felt different, hard to describe. :dunno: and whatever he meant, i still have the feeling he talks about himself when he says "not at home with your families yet" - so if it's in the sense you say, maybe he had a fight with someone of them, and thus is glad he can disappear to more gigs and promo in other places now. :naughty:

I am certain he is talking about drinking. And yes maybe he is talking about himself in a very general way but probably just because he has family drama at holidays just like everyone else. I don't know, I wasn't there, but he seems perfectly fine to me. He doesn't seem seriously ill or in a bad mood at all based on the vids. I also noticed he said on Graham Norton that the show was great and it sounded sincere to me.

He genuinely thought the London show was better than Manchester and told the latter one felt harder and looked so surprised to hear we thought the opposite. But London went fine, really. He wasn't totally relaxed or really chatty and i would say he was a bit sharp with his jokes, imo, but I enjoyed the show and thought he did well. He sounded happy with it later.

Here are my vids

[YOUTUBE]lIeU5Is-AK8[/YOUTUBE]

Oh the snow at the beginning took me right back to the Dodgy Holiday Tour. :wub2:

His performances of this song are achingly beautiful but the press totally ruined it. :aah: I would have been so annoyed if I'd been at the front. I have a hard time seeing over them and because the song is so quiet you can hear the shutters going constantly. Maybe it's not a good option to open in any city unless the venue is a theatre and you don't have all these people in between the barrier and the stage.

Anyway thanks for the video. I hope I'm able to get to see it live one day.

Oh the snow at the beginning took me right back to the Dodgy Holiday Tour. :wub2:

His performances of this song are achingly beautiful but the press totally ruined it. :aah: I would have been so annoyed if I'd been at the front. I have a hard time seeing over them and because the song is so quiet you can hear the shutters going constantly. Maybe it's not a good option to open in any city unless the venue is a theatre and you don't have all these people in between the barrier and the stage.

Anyway thanks for the video. I hope I'm able to get to see it live one day.

:floor: Graciosa and me were talking about the photographers before the show started and we said " thank God here are six photographers, do you remember the time where we were annoyed by the photographers? And now we are glad there will be some press for him in UK!" and to say the truth during the song I didn´t realize them because I focused only on Mika :wink2:

:floor: Graciosa and me were talking about the photographers before the show started and we said " thank God here are six photographers, do you remember the time where we were annoyed by the photographers? And now we are glad there will be some press for him in UK!" and to say the truth during the song I didn´t realize them because I focused only on Mika :wink2:

You're taller than me. I can't see Mika when these people are in the way. I mean it's just easier to ignore when Mika is jumping in the air during Relax and the photogs will crouch down to get those awesome shots when he's in flight and chase him to the other side of the stage so they are not just standing in the way the whole time.

Anyway I guess you're right, we should be happy there is press there. :roftl:

You're taller than me. I can't see Mika when these people are in the way. I mean it's just easier to ignore when Mika is jumping in the air during Relax and the photogs will crouch down to get those awesome shots when he's in flight and chase him to the other side of the stage so they are not just standing in the way the whole time.

Anyway I guess you're right, we should be happy there is press there. :roftl:

In Munich there was just one photographer and in Luxemburg were two, so we were happy to see six in London :wink2:

Of course not, he isn't a chickadee. :mf_rosetinted:

The money talk before Stardust is brilliant. :lmfao: But I felt a bit bad seeing him toss away the elf hat, saying it was crap.

i didn't like the slow start - regardless of the language it was in - i just think he needs to come out firing on all cylinders --- (Rain was so good in the 2010 tour) ---

I fully agree on that. Rain and Relax were perfect show starters. I think a similarly good one could be Startdust as it starts restrained (he could even start it acoustic) and then make it all explode.

I love the song Un soleil mal luné, but I was a little shocked that in UK he start the show with this song and it made me laugh at the same time because I was sure that on MFC in this thread I will find comments on this topic :naughty:

Something shock me more, this is what I found the day before this gig. Lots of UK fans were in London, Mika was at The Union Chapel no one come to see him :blink:

Mika saw 3 French fans (I was one of them), the day before the gig at the artists entrance of the Union Chapel. We went to see Mika, say him hello and ask him if he was fine. When we arrived around 5pm we were the only fans. We waited and when Mika came out we were still 3 fans. Mika invited us to the BBC unless we have asked him nothing. When we returned to find our invitations we return to the entrance of the artists we haven't seen any fans of Mika wait and the exit after the show there was no British fans :doh:

You know, when I read your post I was shocked a bit but it made me laugh at the same time because I was sure that I will find many comments on this…. :mf_rosetinted:

I am only through the first 2 pages and it is quite fun already.:biggrin2:

sephira, i think i know what you mean with your words - but still, it's everyone's decision for their own what they do. and that goes for both sides, in my opinion. so i neither agree with saphira blaming the uk fans for not being there, nor with the others on here saying that she's a stalker because she was there. dunno if it's really a country thing, like christine mentioned that in canada it's different... but maybe more a question of which star it is. i'm pretty sure justin bieber gets stalked in canada as well. :teehee:
It is not the star but the age of fans the artist has. Bieber has almost entirely teenage fans, so no surprise they are stuck on him, following his every move. And of course, it depends on the personality of people as well. I am unlikely to turn up anywhere if I am not invited and especially not beg for favours.

Thinking back, the only concert that I would have really liked to attend and I was in town already was an MTV Unplugged in London for my favourite singer in the nineties. I knew where it was filmed and I could have gone there but what for if I had no tickets? Perhaps if I had never seen the guy and wanted to catch a glimpse of him I would have done that. Other than that I personally find it rather odd for a grown up to do it and also for an artist as well to encourage that.:dunno: It is good publicity for Mika to mention the level of insanity among his fans though, I have noticed that. :teehee:

I’ll read on now. I know it will be fun.. :roftl:

I've been busy all the weekend, so I didn't have time to write my report as a member of the Polka Dot Choir, but now.. HERE WE GO! :thumb_yello:

As I said I was in the choir (second time), but I queued from the morning to stay with some friends. Anyway, at 4 PM the other choir members and me met at the back entrance and we came in, where we met the staff (they're really really nice people), we signed some stuff and went to our dressing room. We chatted a little bit just to get to know each other (and I wanna thank everyone in the choir, I'm happy to had the opportunity to meet you :wub2:).

Then Tim, Max, Joy and Curtis came to our room to teach us the songs, that was really funny, because Max is always joking and you can see how they are genuinely happy to work together.

After that they told us to wait for Mika to come to the soundcheck, so we tried some songs together. After a while we heard Mika's voice, and we went to watch the soundcheck, they tried popular A LOT and then Mika saw us and told us to come on the stage. He asked where we were from, he remembered I was in the choir before, and we started singing two songs, Everything was really relaxed, and that's the moment I enjoyed most of that night! They tried some other songs, he talked to Melachi from the stage, he ate, and drunk some tea, and he chatted with us from one song and the other; I have really lovely memories of this moment. :blush-anim-cl: Then we came back to our room and Yasmine came to take us to the wardrobe to take our dresses; here there was Mel (so sweet), and Mika, who spoke a little bit with me and another guy about Mel.:teehee: At 8.15 PM we were called to go backstage to do some reharsal with Mika and the band, so so funny and emotional: we did some strange noises with our voice, we stretched our legs and we jumped strongly, then we sang celebrate and he nominated me leader of the group because he loved how I was moving during the song, and he told everybody to follow me during the gig.:teehee: After that he wished us "Good luck!" in our language, told us to have fun, and not to think of anything else, because it doesn't care if we did something wrong If we were having fun, and then he went on stage!

The gig went pretty well, even if I know we were not the best choir, but I had so much fun dancing like crazy! :naughty:

After the gig we met him and we took our pics quickly because he had a lot of other m&g, and we left, happy and feeling like we were in a dream!

I can never thank enough Team Mika to give us these wonderful opportunities, I will never forget anything!

I've been busy all the weekend, so I didn't have time to write my report as a member of the Polka Dot Choir, but now.. HERE WE GO! :thumb_yello:

As I said I was in the choir (second time), but I queued from the morning to stay with some friends. Anyway, at 4 PM the other choir members and me met at the back entrance and we came in, where we met the staff (they're really really nice people), we signed some stuff and went to our dressing room. We chatted a little bit just to get to know each other (and I wanna thank everyone in the choir, I'm happy to had the opportunity to meet you :wub2:).

Then Tim, Max, Joy and Curtis came to our room to teach us the songs, that was really funny, because Max is always joking and you can see how they are genuinely happy to work together.

After that they told us to wait for Mika to come to the soundcheck, so we tried some songs together. After a while we heard Mika's voice, and we went to watch the soundcheck, they tried popular A LOT and then Mika saw us and told us to come on the stage. He asked where we were from, he remembered I was in the choir before, and we started singing two songs, Everything was really relaxed, and that's the moment I enjoyed most of that night! They tried some other songs, he talked to Melachi from the stage, he ate, and drunk some tea, and he chatted with us from one song and the other; I have really lovely memories of this moment. :blush-anim-cl: Then we came back to our room and Yasmine came to take us to the wardrobe to take our dresses; here there was Mel (so sweet), and Mika, who spoke a little bit with me and another guy about Mel.:teehee: At 8.15 PM we were called to go backstage to do some reharsal with Mika and the band, so so funny and emotional: we did some strange noises with our voice, we stretched our legs and we jumped strongly, then we sang celebrate and he nominated me leader of the group because he loved how I was moving during the song, and he told everybody to follow me during the gig.:teehee: After that he wished us "Good luck!" in our language, told us to have fun, and not to think of anything else, because it doesn't care if we did something wrong If we were having fun, and then he went on stage!

The gig went pretty well, even if I know we were not the best choir, but I had so much fun dancing like crazy! :naughty:

After the gig we met him and we took our pics quickly because he had a lot of other m&g, and we left, happy and feeling like we were in a dream!

I can never thank enough Team Mika to give us these wonderful opportunities, I will never forget anything!

I'm so happy for you :wub2:

It's so bizarre how differently this choir was treated compared to the Manchester one the next day. We never got to watch Mika rehearse/or souncheck with him. And afterwards, no one came to get us and Mika just left :blink: I really would like an explanation from someone, and a geniune one.

Thank you for your report. So glad you have special memories to take away with you. :thumb_yello:

Re: the pissed thing.

It was exactly like Christine said, he was talking about being drunk. This was before love you while I'm drunk btw:wink2:

You took the words out of my mouth, I was going to say the same :naughty:

Also, I've never heard him use the term 'pissed' in the American way, ie, angry. I've always heard him using it the British way, where pissed means drunk, and angry is pissed off...