Mika to be a judge @ X Factor Italia 2014 !

Kumazzz

He actually said "your performance sucked". Twice. Which is still a rude judgement to say, especially in front of a bajillion people.

Is it this part below? It looks he didn't like the performance but does like the contestant? :dunno: It still doesn't look a hurtful comment to me. However, I'm sure it's okay to have different opinions about that.

"your performance did suck, did completely suck. you can't present yourself in this way, because you have a very interesting quality, also a credibility. for this reason you are here. I like what you do when you're you".

VIDEO

Sky TG24 HD

21/10/2014

X Factor 2014 entra nel vivo, cresce l'attesa per il live

http://video.sky.it/news/spettacolo/x_factor_2014_entra_nel_vivo_cresce_lattesa_per_il_live/v217832.vid

[sky]217832[/sky]

X Factor 2014 entra nel vivo, cresce l'attesa per il live

http://video.sky.it/news/spettacolo/x_factor_2014_entra_nel_vivo_cresce_lattesa_per_il_live/v217840.vid

[sky]217840[/sky]

Thank you!

In the Subtitled videos tread I've posted a link to a short interview where Mika talks about the Pope and the file with subtitles, if anyone is interested...

Is it this part below? It looks he didn't like the performance but does like the contestant? :dunno: It still doesn't look a hurtful comment to me. However, I'm sure it's okay to have different opinions about that.

Imo, to say that your "performance sucked" is different from saying that "you suck" :wink2:

In my ears, this is a very clear and honest way ( quite brutal though ) to say that you don't deliver your stuff the way you should - make your efforts to get better!! :sneaky2: And I'm not trying to make an excuse for MIKA here, just say ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Are you serious? Imagine you put a lot of effort into a painting, and someone would walk past it and say "well that sucks" would you not be hurt by that? Regardless of the fact that it wasn't meant as a personal attack?

He also could have said: "This was not your best performance." or "the performance was not really good and you can do much better than this." That sounds different.

And as a direct person I don't mind him being direct and harsh at times, but I just simply can't deal with the fact that people try to sugarcoat it just because it is Mika. I hate to break it to you, but he is not the innocent angel he's made out to be. Yes he does swear and yes he is insulting at times and no, that is not a big deal but some people here have double standards when it comes to what is harsh criticism and what isn't.

Random person: "It sucks that Mika does X-factor again."

Response of some people: "OMG YOU ARE BEING SO NEGATIVE. I CAN'T DEAL WITH YOUR NEGATIVITY. WHY DON'T YOU JUST LEAVE? YOU ARE POISONING THE ATMOSPHERE. HOW DARE YOU EXIST?"

Mika: "Your performance sucked."

Response of some people: "That was not hurtful at all. Are you kidding me? He only said it because he wants the contestant to improve and then you have to be critical sometimes. I don't see what's wrong with this."

Neither one of those is personal yet still responses are different. And that is what I can't stand.

And as a direct person I don't mind him being direct and harsh at times, but I just simply can't deal with the fact that people try to sugarcoat it just because it is Mika. I hate to break it to you, but he is not the innocent angel he's made out to be. Yes he does swear and yes he is insulting at times and no, that is not a big deal but some people here have double standards when it comes to what is harsh criticism and what isn't.

It's exactly the same way I see it!

I can´t wait to watch the first live Show and I´m wondering which Songs we will hear.

In my eyes Morgan´s team is very boring. Viktoria´s Team is quiet o.k., Fedez´may have the winner but Mario and Emma are really good.

He also could have said: "This was not your best performance." or "the performance was not really good and you can do much better than this." That sounds different.

That sounds more polite, of course, both of your examples. His answer just made me think that he wanted to make it clear that the contestant needs to do much better than that particular performance to survive in the competition. The game will be much, much harder in a couple of weeks. Dealing with the pressure is a big part of talent shows.

Well I have never thought he is an innocent angel. I'm sure he can be a total bitch if he wants to, I have no doubts about that. I just think he tries not to. He might be very direct with his feedback but it's not his style to insult people on television (even I believe he can easily do also that if someone is behaving in an arrogant or rude way).

15569142306_9aabc45638_o.jpg

Oh dear. He looks so tired and stressed. He needs more time on mountains...

That sounds more polite, of course, both of your examples. His answer just made me think that he wanted to make it clear that the contestant needs to do much better than that particular performance to survive in the competition. The game will be much, much harder in a couple of weeks. Dealing with the pressure is a big part of talent shows.

Well I have never thought he is an innocent angel. I'm sure he can be a total bitch if he wants to, I have no doubts about that. I just think he tries not to. He might be very direct with his feedback but it's not his style to insult people on television (even I believe he can easily do also that if someone is behaving in an arrogant or rude way).

yes.

Twix Reporter: Home Visit Mika

http://xfactor.sky.it/showvideo/217709/twix-reporter-home-visit-mika/20-10-2014/xfactor,XF8,/?pag=1/

I Twix Reporter hanno raggiunto gli Over a Mothia, dove Mika ha scelto i tre concorrenti da portare in gara: Diluvio, Emma e Mario.

The Twix Reporter have reached the Over a Mothya, where Mika has chosen the three competitors to take in the competition/contest: Diluvio, Emma and Mario.

La conferenza stampa di #XF8

The press conference of# XF8

http://xfactor.sky.it/showvideo/217883/la-conferenza-stampa-di-xf8/21-10-2014/xfactor,XF8,/?pag=1/

Edited by charlie20

...In my eyes Morgan´s team is very boring. Viktoria´s Team is quiet o.k., Fedez´may have the winner but Mario and Emma are really good.

On social networks you can read an immediate dislike for the Komminuet (the blonde girl is hated almost from everyone...too much bad comments about other competitors behind the scenes), for the Spritz for Five (they are good singers but they know it :teehee: and they seem snobbish), and for Diluvio, the rapper of Mika's team, openly accused to sing and rap very bad and to have some strong sponsor (record company/producer...i don't know...) that is helping him in the show.

Instead ... you can read large consensus around Mario, Emma (Mika's team) and Lorenzo (Fedez's team)... curiosity around Madh (Fedez's team) ... interest about Vivian's skill and tenderness towards the young Ilaria (Victoria's team)... not many reactions about others competitors

But what about that time we were speaking in a similar way about the whole talent show ordeal because we knew that he could do better than that especially considering he either makes or breaks himself with this next album? Dealing with pressure is a big deal in the music industry, yet we were not allowed to be 'harsh' on poor Mika.

I don't think he doesn't try to not be a bitch. Maybe on television, but I've seen many times that he was very direct in a possible hurtful way and he did not give two sh*ts whether it hurt someone or not as sh*t had to get done.

You do not get my point though. My point is that you and a couple of others here deny the fact that he WAS indeed harsh and critical and instead you make excuses as to why he reacted that way. But if someone other than Mika does exactly the same, the response is much different and not as loving and caring. It's hypocritical.

I am glad he shows more of himself on television and is done with that sweet image because he is not the perfect son-in-law.

I lately realized, mostly for some reasons very distant from mfc, that I happen to be considered harsh or cocky or bitchy to some people just because I insist to treat them like functional adults. This means respect, to me. I refuse to adress to them like they were morons. I've seen someone else doing it, even with a gentle attitude, and I thought that this was really disrespectful. Really, I was kind of shocked cause I'd get offended if someone would have treated me like a child. So I get the whole "being harsh in order to help", even though it wouldn't be necessary to be harsh when all people involved are clever and have some common sense. But when they aren't, then it's more respectful to me not to lower the standard and ask them to adjust to it than to indulge them.

This is why I don't think that Mika needs to be protected from some sharp comments or that we should lower the standard to match some poor choices of him. I trust him to be adult enough and clever enough to put up with some harsh helpful comments. This is how much I respect him.

So yeah. I don't think that making excuses for his choices is much of respect. Moreover, he can't stand people who hide behind excuses, he made it clear many times. He may do the same, he may make up some excuses as well, but he doesn't need us to do it for him.

Sorry if I did some mistakes, I didn't use any dictionary to check on some words I'm not sure of.

VIDEO by Sky Uno

21-10-2014

La conferenza stampa di #XF8

http://xfactor.sky.it/showvideo/217883/la-conferenza-stampa-di-xf8/21-10-2014/

[sky]217883[/sky]

21-10-2014

Le squadre di #XF8

http://xfactor.sky.it/showvideo/217797/le-squadre-di-xf8/21-10-2014/

[sky]217797[/sky]

But what about that time we were speaking in a similar way about the whole talent show ordeal because we knew that he could do better than that especially considering he either makes or breaks himself with this next album? Dealing with pressure is a big deal in the music industry, yet we were not allowed to be 'harsh' on poor Mika.

I don't think he doesn't try to not be a bitch. Maybe on television, but I've seen many times that he was very direct in a possible hurtful way and he did not give two sh*ts whether it hurt someone or not as sh*t had to get done.

You do not get my point though. My point is that you and a couple of others here deny the fact that he WAS indeed harsh and critical and instead you make excuses as to why he reacted that way. But if someone other than Mika does exactly the same, the response is much different and not as loving and caring. It's hypocritical.

I am glad he shows more of himself on television and is done with that sweet image because he is not the perfect son-in-law.

I said that the earlier translated quote didn't seem especially "bitchy". I think his original plan was to be brutally honest and say exactly what he thinks. Of course it can be also harsh and critical. This is just twisting words, imo. I feel no need to make any excuses for him. If he thinks he goes too far with his words he will surely apologize that person. Otherwise it's just his direct opinion :dunno: I agree it's good he shows more of himself on television. The Italian television audience is crazy about him, they love his direct, honest style.

Edited by tiibet