MIKA in French Press - 2015

Kumazzz

Télépro Interview

http://www.telepro.be/011-33956-Mika-The-Voice-France-La-perfection-se-developpe-loriginalite-se-trouve-interview.html

Mika («The Voice France») :

«La perfection se développe, l’originalité se trouve» (interview)

Pour sa première dans «The Voice» l’an passé, Mika a marqué les esprits en menant Kendji Girac à la victoire.

Parviendra-t-il à réitérer cette réussite ?

Celui qui prépare actuellement son nouvel album et une tournée mondiale en dit plus sur sa deuxième participation.

Vous voilà de nouveau embarqué dans «The Voice» ! Pourquoi avoir accepté ?

La saison précédente a été très intense, créative et pleine de surprises. La perfection se développe, l’originalité se trouve. Quant au parcours des talents, je le qualifierais de totalement imprévisible ! J’ai beaucoup apprécié les choix de chansons et les arrangements après les auditions à l’aveugle. Je participe donc à cette nouvelle saison avec beaucoup de plaisir.

Cette année, vous n’êtes plus le petit nouveau !

Que pensez-vous de votre voisine, Zazie ?

Elle est entrée dans la dynamique de ce concours avec une facilité incroyable.

Zazie a brisé sa carapace pour se dévoiler.

Avec mes camarades, nous avons tous des styles différents, mais avec Zazie, nous nous sommes souvent retournés sur les mêmes talents.

Cultivée et maternelle, elle n’hésitait pas à les «draguer» pour les attirer dans son équipe.

Elle sait très bien s’adapter à la personne face à elle.

Je pourrais la comparer à un caméléon imprévisible !

Nous nous sommes beaucoup amusés tout en restant constructifs.

J’ai très vite oublié qu’elle était novice sur ce show.

Recherchiez-vous un genre de voix en particulier ?

Ce concours nous présente souvent des voix auxquelles nous ne nous attendons pas.

Il faut savoir prendre des risques pour trouver «The Voice». Cette année, je me suis attaché à la candeur et à l’audace des talents.

Ce programme attire des chanteurs du monde entier, de cultures, de langues et de traditions musicales différentes.

J’ai voulu les mettre en valeur et profi ter de cette richesse exceptionnelle.

De plus, ces talents se sentent à l’aise sur un plateau français et sont très inspirants.

Mon équipe ressemble un peu aux Nations Unies, avec un niveau de chant très élevé.

Quelle est votre stratégie pour espérer voir l’un de vos poulains gagner ?

L’honnêteté, la passion et l’exigence. Trois éléments essentiels à ma collaboration avec eux.

Si les talents me choisissent, ils doivent être conscients des bases sur lesquelles je travaille.

Je veux également valoriser leur différence, privilégier l’originalité et les défendre tout au long du concours pour espérer les voir embrasser une carrière après The Voice.

Préserver leur innocence et l’encourager, même sous la pression, importe aussi beaucoup.

Vous avez mené Kendji Girac à la victoire dès votre première saison. Pensez-vous pouvoir renouveler l’expérience ?

Célébrer la victoire est super, mais il est totalement impossible de la prévoir. Même si mon équipe compte de nombreux talents, cela ne suffi t pas car beaucoup d’éléments restent incontrôlables !

Very interesting article about the Montreal's gigs... it seems that Mika will sing 2 or 3 new songs! :wink2:

http://m.ledevoir.com/culture/musique/431034/comment-symphoniser-la-musique-pop

Translation in English

The planetary star Mika is giving shows with OSM. Originally planned on Tuesday and Wednesday there was an additional concert on Thursday. Where did those type of "synchronisation" projects come from and how are those "synphonisation" of pop artists set up and developed ?

When Michael Holbrook Penniman, Junior — aka Mika — will step on the stage of OSM, next week, he will not find himself in an unknown place. The artist who ran away from London School of Economics to study in The Royal College of Music de Londres is a true musician, not some sort of a singing puppet.

The orchestrator Simon Leclerc, who worked on that projet, confirms that this aventure is a bit special : « It is the first time that I work with a pop artist and that after I have sent them demos I get a feedback saying a part sounds like the Requiem of Duruflé, another has a touch of Les Couleurs ( colors ) of Vaughan Williams or la dance des adolescentes (teenagers 'danse) in the Sacre du printemps ! » (crowning of spring).

Brand new songs!

It seems there has been a perfect alchemy between the star and the adaptator of his musics. We were greatly surprised to learn that the show will unveil some of the songs of Mika' s so eagerly waited for new album, which should be released this coming April. « When I met Mika in Milano while he was working on his next album, he made me listen to some songs and he asked me which could be suitable for the concert. We chose one or two», says Simon Leclerc to Devoir. Whatsmore, Mika has even asked Simon Leclerc ,following their work together, to take care of the strings on that album.

Simon Leclerc is in a way est « The chief adaptator » for l’OSM, who also collaborated with Blair Thompson, for example pour the Symphonie rapaillée. At the begining of a projet, there's a slightly special equation : «I need to believe in it. It's got nothing to do with the artist's talent.What matters is the possibility that his material can be adapted. Then you have to take into account how open the artist is, as the more I make adaptations, the more I try to make the artists dive into a symphonic universe they are not used to. In order for this to happen, artists need to be open to a recreation of their music. cela, il faut, de la part des artistes. »

The biggest difficulty is a consequence of the rythm. What makes a pop song alive is rythm, whereas synphonic music even if it has a rythm as well, is mostly based on melody.

Madeleine Careau the head of OSM agrees.She recalls how those OSM concerts began : « It was an absolute necessity. In 2002, following Charles Dutoit's sudden departure, we ended up with 46 weeks planned legally for the workers, but nothing was programmed as far as tour projects or CD releases. We had to created something new that would give the

musicians some work to do, bring audience back and to get us through the end of the season. » It was the first phase during which we worked with Canadian lyrical singers.

We have now entered a second phase, in which we look for singers who accept "an entirely acoustic universe in which the symphonic orchestra is a somptuous instrument to accompagny them but that has nothing to do with a big band burried by a battery" . Simon Leclerc was in charge of this révolution. After that step "artists starting asking us to make shows with OSM" says Madeleine Careau, But , the head of OSM explains , « we don't say yes to everyone. We take the final decision. Our rule: our musicians need to be the stars of the shows too »

Classical music and pop are usually totally separated by a wall.

(part two in next post the text is too long so I have to split it)

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Part two of the translation about Mika and OSM shared by Lucrezia

l!

Simon Leclerc and his universe conquered everyone. « I' m very happy of the work done with OSM those three or four past years , I mean being successful with asking pop artists to give up their usual rythm For an orchestra, keep up the same an unchanging tempo during 60 measures is deadly boring. So I have to recreate each music to give them a feeling, a texture that is not based on rythm any more. »

The concert with Mika kept Simon Leclerc busy during two or three months.« It is similar to the work a monk does, as I need to be in total immersion with the work of a popular artist and change it so that when I find myself in front of the genius musicians of OSM, I don't look like a fool! It's a big deal and I do this job extremely seriously. »

Simon Leclerc thinks that adapting Starmania for an opera version. was the one thing that he took him further in his art. « I had lots of freedom. Working with opera singers was very stimulating because, when I work with popular artists I need to take into account their capacity to adapt and the situation I put them in. And also find out if their audience will follow them.»

That is not a problem in Mika's case « Mika is very daring as an artist. He told me his audience didn' t know what to expect when going to one of his shows. This is an ideal situation to try things, while taking into account Mika's sound and his personality. But his bold side allows me to go to places I probably wouldn't explore with another artist.»

Other people who mix music style as Simon Leclerc do not meet . « We are not very numerous . A few people do this Los Angeles, Londres and in Paris, but we are not in touch. Whats more such adaptations are scarse because they are very expensive. »

Among stereotypes, there's the false belief that audiences who were attracted by pop concerts would start listening to classical music . « I don't think those shows will make more people listen to classical music but it attracts to OSM new audiences who wouldn't never come to us. », saysp Madeleine Careau.

Classical and pop wall exists at every possible level. One could believe that with his unusual talent cloison Simon Leclerc would have become a star. Not at all. « I write music for films , for concerts, I'm interested in directing an orchestra , but working on those projets doesn't lead to.anything in other fields. Even though I'm in charge of those concerts with Mika that doesn't mean a producer will call me because he told himself : “Hey , Simon Leclerc could compose the soundtrack for my newest movie »

Sadly not…

Télépro Interview

http://www.telepro.be/011-33956-Mika-The-Voice-France-La-perfection-se-developpe-loriginalite-se-trouve-interview.html

Mika («The Voice France») :

«La perfection se développe, l’originalité se trouve» (interview)

Pour sa première dans «The Voice» l’an passé, Mika a marqué les esprits en menant Kendji Girac à la victoire.

Parviendra-t-il à réitérer cette réussite ?

Celui qui prépare actuellement son nouvel album et une tournée mondiale en dit plus sur sa deuxième participation.

Vous voilà de nouveau embarqué dans «The Voice» ! Pourquoi avoir accepté ?

La saison précédente a été très intense, créative et pleine de surprises. La perfection se développe, l’originalité se trouve. Quant au parcours des talents, je le qualifierais de totalement imprévisible ! J’ai beaucoup apprécié les choix de chansons et les arrangements après les auditions à l’aveugle. Je participe donc à cette nouvelle saison avec beaucoup de plaisir.

Cette année, vous n’êtes plus le petit nouveau !

Que pensez-vous de votre voisine, Zazie ?

Elle est entrée dans la dynamique de ce concours avec une facilité incroyable.

Zazie a brisé sa carapace pour se dévoiler.

Avec mes camarades, nous avons tous des styles différents, mais avec Zazie, nous nous sommes souvent retournés sur les mêmes talents.

Cultivée et maternelle, elle n’hésitait pas à les «draguer» pour les attirer dans son équipe.

Elle sait très bien s’adapter à la personne face à elle.

Je pourrais la comparer à un caméléon imprévisible !

Nous nous sommes beaucoup amusés tout en restant constructifs.

J’ai très vite oublié qu’elle était novice sur ce show.

Recherchiez-vous un genre de voix en particulier ?

Ce concours nous présente souvent des voix auxquelles nous ne nous attendons pas.

Il faut savoir prendre des risques pour trouver «The Voice». Cette année, je me suis attaché à la candeur et à l’audace des talents.

Ce programme attire des chanteurs du monde entier, de cultures, de langues et de traditions musicales différentes.

J’ai voulu les mettre en valeur et profi ter de cette richesse exceptionnelle.

De plus, ces talents se sentent à l’aise sur un plateau français et sont très inspirants.

Mon équipe ressemble un peu aux Nations Unies, avec un niveau de chant très élevé.

Quelle est votre stratégie pour espérer voir l’un de vos poulains gagner ?

L’honnêteté, la passion et l’exigence. Trois éléments essentiels à ma collaboration avec eux.

Si les talents me choisissent, ils doivent être conscients des bases sur lesquelles je travaille.

Je veux également valoriser leur différence, privilégier l’originalité et les défendre tout au long du concours pour espérer les voir embrasser une carrière après The Voice.

Préserver leur innocence et l’encourager, même sous la pression, importe aussi beaucoup.

Vous avez mené Kendji Girac à la victoire dès votre première saison. Pensez-vous pouvoir renouveler l’expérience ?

Célébrer la victoire est super, mais il est totalement impossible de la prévoir. Même si mon équipe compte de nombreux talents, cela ne suffi t pas car beaucoup d’éléments restent incontrôlables !

Thank you Eriko :huglove::flowers2: I'll translate this one too :wink2:

CrazyaboutMika... there is no tense mistake... (at least if you are from here XD)

"Mika vient se produire" can be translated to "Mika is coming"

if it was in past tense, it would say "Mika vient de se produire"...

So i guess it just depends on where you are from :dunno:

CrazyaboutMika... there is no tense mistake... (at least if you are from here XD)

"Mika vient se produire" can be translated to "Mika is coming"

if it was in past tense, it would say "Mika vient de se produire"...

So i guess it just depends on where you are from :dunno:

No you're right! I read "Mika vient de se produire" instead of "Mika vient se produire" which is what is written :doh: .My mistake :baghead:

I'll fix my previous post. Thanks a lot :huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Part two of the translation about Mika and OSM shared by Lucrezia

l!

Simon Leclerc and his universe conquered everyone. « I' m very happy of the work done with OSM those three or four past years , I mean being successful with asking pop artists to give up their usual rythm For an orchestra, keep up the same an unchanging tempo during 60 measures is deadly boring. So I have to recreate each music to give them a feeling, a texture that is not based on rythm any more. »

The concert with Mika kept Simon Leclerc busy during two or three months.« It is similar to the work a monk does, as I need to be in total immersion with the work of a popular artist and change it so that when I find myself in front of the genius musicians of OSM, I don't look like a fool! It's a big deal and I do this job extremely seriously. »

Simon Leclerc thinks that adapting Starmania for an opera version. was the one thing that he took him further in his art. « I had lots of freedom. Working with opera singers was very stimulating because, when I work with popular artists I need to take into account their capacity to adapt and the situation I put them in. And also find out if their audience will follow them.»

That is not a problem in Mika's case « Mika is very daring as an artist. He told me his audience didn' t know what to expect when going to one of his shows. This is an ideal situation to try things, while taking into account Mika's sound and his personality. But his bold side allows me to go to places I probably wouldn't explore with another artist.»

Other people who mix music style as Simon Leclerc do not meet . « We are not very numerous . A few people do this Los Angeles, Londres and in Paris, but we are not in touch. Whats more such adaptations are scarse because they are very expensive. »

Among stereotypes, there's the false belief that audiences who were attracted by pop concerts would start listening to classical music . « I don't think those shows will make more people listen to classical music but it attracts to OSM new audiences who wouldn't never come to us. », saysp Madeleine Careau.

Classical and pop wall exists at every possible level. One could believe that with his unusual talent cloison Simon Leclerc would have become a star. Not at all. « I write music for films , for concerts, I'm interested in directing an orchestra , but working on those projets doesn't lead to.anything in other fields. Even though I'm in charge of those concerts with Mika that doesn't mean a producer will call me because he told himself : “Hey , Simon Leclerc could compose the soundtrack for my newest movie »

Sadly not…

Thanks for the translation.

New article in La Presse Plus this morning

http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/ee4760ad-8944-4ae4-98a9-5a6d7a604f27%7C_0.html

MIKA SYMPHONIQUE, LA SUITE

ALAIN DE REPENTIGNY

LA PRESSE

Les fans de Mika qui n’ont pu assister aux concerts que le chanteur britannique a donnés à la Maison symphonique, la semaine dernière, devraient pouvoir se consoler en écoutant un album témoin. Les trois concerts avec l’OSM, sous la direction du chef Simon Leclerc, ont été enregistrés en prévision d’un album qui, toutefois, ne devrait pas paraître avant la fin de 2015, pour ne pas faire concurrence au quatrième album studio de Mika, attendu ce printemps, nous apprend l’agent de l’artiste, Rich Isaacson.

Quelque 6000 spectateurs ont assisté mardi, mercredi et jeudi derniers aux concerts de Mika et de l’OSM. C’était la première fois que l’orchestre montréalais invitait un artiste étranger dans sa série OSM POP.

Aux lecteurs qui nous ont demandé s’ils pourraient se procurer un DVD du concert symphonique de Mika, M. Isaacson répond qu’il n’en est pas question, mais qu’il se pourrait que l’on ait droit très bientôt, avec l’assentiment de l’OSM, à un vidéoclip d’une chanson filmée à la Maison symphonique. Si le résultat est satisfaisant, on aimerait bien qu’il s’agisse de la chanson inédite Last Party, qui mettrait les fans en appétit avant la sortie du nouvel album studio.

Cet album en est présentement à l’étape du mixage, et le travail d’orchestration de Simon Leclerc a tellement plu à Mika que le maestro a enregistré récemment une section de cordes qui sera ajoutée à l’une des chansons du nouvel album.

Enfin, l’expérience montréalaise a été concluante à ce point qu’elle pourrait avoir une suite là où la popularité de Mika le justifie. Des discussions à cette fin ont eu lieu jeudi matin avec M. Leclerc, au lendemain du deuxième concert à la Maison symphonique. Très populaire au Québec, le chanteur d’origine libanaise a des légions de fans en France, où il est coach à l’émission The Voice, et en Italie, où il participe à l’émission X-Factor Italia.

Quick translation:

Should be a live album, towards ends of 2015.

No DVD but might have a clip taken from footage of OSM, paper hopes it could be The Last Party.

And they also mentionned OSM & Mika could do shows where he is popular (France? Italy?, who knows)

Quick translation:

No DVD but might have a clip taken from footage of OSM, paper hopes it could be The Last Party.

And they also mentionned OSM & Mika could do shows where he is popular (France? Italy?, who knows)

:thumb_yello: Merci Cathrine! :huglove: I hope Anne will translate both this and the first one from La Presse, like she did with Le Devoir review!:blush-anim-cl: I print these, and keep them together with all the other OSM stuff I already have - I know it's old fashioned - but hey, I don't want to loose these treasures re. OSM, in a datacrash, that might happen ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Quick translation:

Thank you :huglove:

Quick translation:

Thank you.:flowers2:

That sound really good :wub2:

:thumb_yello: Merci Cathrine! :huglove: I hope Anne will translate both this and the first one from La Presse, like she did with Le Devoir review!:blush-anim-cl: I print these, and keep them together with all the other OSM stuff I already have - I know it's old fashioned - but hey, I don't want to loose these treasures re. OSM, in a datacrash, that might happen ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Mamiam, when you need a translation and I haven't seen the article yet, please feel free use twitter or PM on MFC , or through fb and I'll do it :thumb_yello:

I'm crazyaboutmika @mikatouchedmychicken on twitter and if you want to be fb friends, just tell me and I'll PM you my fb so you can also message me that way.

New article in La Presse Plus this morning

http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/ee4760ad-8944-4ae4-98a9-5a6d7a604f27%7C_0.html

ALAIN DE REPENTIGNY

LA PRESSE

Les fans de Mika qui n’ont pu assister aux concerts que le chanteur britannique a donnés à la Maison symphonique, la semaine dernière, devraient pouvoir se consoler en écoutant un album témoin. Les trois concerts avec l’OSM, sous la direction du chef Simon Leclerc, ont été enregistrés en prévision d’un album qui, toutefois, ne devrait pas paraître avant la fin de 2015, pour ne pas faire concurrence au quatrième album studio de Mika, attendu ce printemps, nous apprend l’agent de l’artiste, Rich Isaacson.

Quelque 6000 spectateurs ont assisté mardi, mercredi et jeudi derniers aux concerts de Mika et de l’OSM. C’était la première fois que l’orchestre montréalais invitait un artiste étranger dans sa série OSM POP.

Aux lecteurs qui nous ont demandé s’ils pourraient se procurer un DVD du concert symphonique de Mika, M. Isaacson répond qu’il n’en est pas question, mais qu’il se pourrait que l’on ait droit très bientôt, avec l’assentiment de l’OSM, à un vidéoclip d’une chanson filmée à la Maison symphonique. Si le résultat est satisfaisant, on aimerait bien qu’il s’agisse de la chanson inédite Last Party, qui mettrait les fans en appétit avant la sortie du nouvel album studio.

Cet album en est présentement à l’étape du mixage, et le travail d’orchestration de Simon Leclerc a tellement plu à Mika que le maestro a enregistré récemment une section de cordes qui sera ajoutée à l’une des chansons du nouvel album.

Enfin, l’expérience montréalaise a été concluante à ce point qu’elle pourrait avoir une suite là où la popularité de Mika le justifie. Des discussions à cette fin ont eu lieu jeudi matin avec M. Leclerc, au lendemain du deuxième concert à la Maison symphonique. Très populaire au Québec, le chanteur d’origine libanaise a des légions de fans en France, où il est coach à l’émission The Voice, et en Italie, où il participe à l’émission X-Factor Italia.

Translation into English:

About 6000 spectators attended the Mika and OSM concerts on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It was the first time the Montréal orchestra invited a foreign artist in his OSM POP serie.

To our readers who asked us if there would be a DVD of Mika's symphonic concert, Mr Isaacson says there is no DVD planned, but we might see very soon, OSM permetting, a video of a song filmed at la Maison symphonique. If the result is good, we'd like it to be the new song of the new album to come which is called "Last Party" that would certainly be a great teaser for the fans.

This new album by Mika, is being mixed right now, and Mika enjoyed Simon Leclerc's orchestration so much that he asked him to record cords for one of the songs CD version. (We know it's more since Mika twitted about four-note by me )

Finally, this Montreal experiment was such a success that it might go on in places where Mika is the most popular. The Lebanese singer, who is very famous in Quebec, has legions of fans in France, where he's a coach in The Voice at the moment, and also in Italy, where he's involved in the show XFactor Italia.

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Translation into English:

About 600 spectators attended the Mika and OSM concerts on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It was the first time the Montréal orchestra invited a foreign artist in his OSM POP serie.

To our readers who asked us if there would be a DVD of Mika's symphonic concert, Mr Isaacson says there is no DVD planned, but we might see very soon, OSM permetting, a video of a song filmed at la Maison symphonique. If the result is good, we'd like it to be the new song of the new album to come which is called "Last Party" that would certainly be a great teaser for the fans.

This new album by Mika, is being mixed right now, and Mika enjoyed Simon Leclerc's orchestration so much that he asked him to record cords for one of the songs CD version. (We know it's more since Mika twitted about four-note by me )

Finally, this Montreal experiment was such a success that it might go on in places where Mika is the most popular. The Lebanese singer, who is very famous in Quebec, has legions of fans in France, where he's a coach in The Voice at the moment, and also in Italy, where he's involved in the show XFactor Italia.

It's 6000 not 600 :wink2: