2015 - MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal - 12 Feb - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

:canada:

.. and the magic continues.... with a last special concert :wub2:

Looking forward to hearing from the 3rd night!

10425491_10152771166983040_4960752421142870356_n-1.png

Setlist:

(Ouverture)

Toy Boy

Underwater

Boum Boum Boum

Rain

The last party

Karen

Overrated

Any other world

Love you when I'm drunk

Ordinary man

Heroes

(Pause)

Grace Kelly

Over my shoulder

Good Guys

Make you happy

Happy Ending

Origin of love

Relax

Elle me dit

Love Today

Encore:

Toy Boy

Elle Me Dit

--------------------------------------------------------------------

========

REPORTS

========

Kath: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4065493&postcount=2

BangBangLou: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4065503&postcount=7

Guylainem123: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4065572&postcount=10

Cathouzouf: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4065585&postcount=11

Statue_of_liberty: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4065587&postcount=12

mamiam: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4065594&postcount=13

LilStar: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4065606&postcount=15

DutchAnnie: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4065685&postcount=24

Kreacher: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4065946&postcount=38

Mellody: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4065949&postcount=39

JaneElk: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4066219&postcount=69

========

PICTURES

========

Guylainem123: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4065572&postcount=10

JaneElk: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4066219&postcount=69

Mine: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4066315&postcount=74 M&G

BangBangLou: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4066425&postcount=88 M&G

Treasa:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4066003&postcount=42 concert

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4066026&postcount=45 group photos

========

VIDEOS

========

Statue_of_Liberty:

M&G

Littlelady:

M&G

M&G: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4066075&postcount=61

PRESS:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4066054&postcount=58

Three days of standing ovations! Wonderfull! :blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

Thanks elwendin and laura!

Interesting about the empty seats, i didn't understand that at the m&g - someone should've told him that those who sat there after the pause weren't late but came to the front from other seats. :teehee:

Watching back some of the video footage that I took that evening I couldn't help but notice a few interesting funny moments duringthe concert . For example when Mikat took a second standing ovation with the conductor at the end he started to bow but the conductor did not.he had a cute smile on his face when realizing that he was the only one trying to bow. Then when Ida and Max came over they all took about together. As well I noticed during the end of any other world I believe he said the wrong line before the last line. Instead of in any other world you could tell the difference he saying I tried to live alone you can tell the difference. I don't think anyone noticed and he certainly let it show on his face that it was the wrong line.i'm wondering if anybody else noticed any subtle changes or mistakes in any of the songs on any of the three nights.

Another spectacular moment was the song love today where the orchestra swelled at the end giving that song an amazing finale.

I am also wondering what the concert sounded like for those people that were sitting backstage behind the orchestra. Obviously the visuals were not great but I'm wondering if the sound still was spectacular.

I am looking to buy a greatest hits of Mika I noticed there was a CD called songbook but can someone explain to me how they could not put on the song any other world one of the most beautiful songs I think he has ever done. I think the fans should have more of a say in what goes on the CDs instead of the record company.

Does anybody know what Mika says before he starts the same good guys Churing the second performance. He starts by saying this is the second time I have sung the song and then says two more sentences in French . I could not make out and then he had a smirk on his face. Did anybody catch what he said?

Lastly can anybody give me the history of Ida and Max I don't really know who they are and what their significance was at the concert. If they have a long-standing history in mika's career?

THX

Watching back some of the video footage that I took that evening I couldn't help but notice a few interesting funny moments duringthe concert . For example when Mikat took a second standing ovation with the conductor at the end he started to bow but the conductor did not.he had a cute smile on his face when realizing that he was the only one trying to bow. Then when Ida and Max came over they all took about together. As well I noticed during the end of any other world I believe he said the wrong line before the last line. Instead of in any other world you could tell the difference he saying I tried to live alone you can tell the difference. I don't think anyone noticed and he certainly let it show on his face that it was the wrong line.i'm wondering if anybody else noticed any subtle changes or mistakes in any of the songs on any of the three nights.

Another spectacular moment was the song love today where the orchestra swelled at the end giving that song an amazing finale.

I am also wondering what the concert sounded like for those people that were sitting backstage behind the orchestra. Obviously the visuals were not great but I'm wondering if the sound still was spectacular.

I am looking to buy a greatest hits of Mika I noticed there was a CD called songbook but can someone explain to me how they could not put on the song any other world one of the most beautiful songs I think he has ever done. I think the fans should have more of a say in what goes on the CDs instead of the record company.

Does anybody know what Mika says before he starts the same good guys Churing the second performance. He starts by saying this is the second time I have sung the song and then says two more sentences in French . I could not make out and then he had a smirk on his face. Did anybody catch what he said?

Lastly can anybody give me the history of Ida and Max I don't really know who they are and what their significance was at the concert. If they have a long-standing history in mika's career?

THX

The Songbook album is one he made specifically for Italy, after he started doing X Factor there, as a kind of introduction to his music from all the albums.

Ida is a friend of his from his college days, and was the person who sang on the original recording of Happy Ending with him on the LICM album, she occasoinally does shows with him, depending on how busy she is, as she is an opera singer in her own right.

Max is the bass player in his present band, but does make his own music too. He is a very talented chap, and has recently being touring himself, as well as with Fryars, who Mika wrote TOOL with.:thumb_yello:

thank you girls :flowers2:

:blush-anim-cl::naughty: wellll lolll even though i could not get through there, not knowing, i see and feel each of his words so accurate for you guys and what he felt..And well for the majority of you who are surely sincere, be sure i will join you next time lol next to my angel, and yes i believe in your good love and support for the majority.. :blush-anim-cl:but Mika is the closest man from an angel that i do know..Be sure i am gonna be at right place right time next time ok LOL :blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

THX

I would translate that with pleasure, but you would have to share the footage :fisch:...I wasn't in Montreal sadly...

Hi, here's a translation of what he said. (Most work is from Laura)

Thank you. did you...? who gave me the stick? ah, it's you. well... I don't see myself holding it in the streets.. no, I know, but if I do like this while walking...it's very funny, thank you so much and thank you for coming. I know that you all, some of you came from very far, from all over the place and I really appreciate it, it means a lot. it's so nice to see all your faces in this context. there's some people missing. aaah that's where you are. come, like, come through, there's a lot more room. come through. there you are. hi, how are you? nice to see you. ok, anyway, I just... I did... I see you in the audience, 'cause I can see quite clearly the audience here, and it's great, it gives me a great energy and you follow me in all these various adventures and I hope that the improbability of some of these adventures is exciting to you 'cause it certainly is to me, but I' m glad that the same group that goes to rock out and end up covered in mud and beer and also know how to scrub up and put on some nice jewelry and make up and be fancy with your pinkies out, ' cause that's actually everything that my music is, it's in between all those things and it's like.. it goes against anything that you're supposed to assume, the minute you assume one thing, it becomes something else and that goes with the production, that goes with the shows and the setting and everything and I think that I know, over the course of the years, that you guys see that and believe in that and are all in the same spirit and I thank you for your collaboration and your support, it means the world to me. and I know it doesn't come without much time invested, without much financial investment, it comes with a lot of investment in many different ways and I know what that takes, you know, and that makes it even more valuable, so thank you, very much. so you have to travel so far now to see concerts, but this is pretty ****ing cool and sorry if you don't understand english but someone will translate for you. I won't say it all over again and if you came late, it's like the concert, if you're late you stay out. when I went on stage I saw some empty seats and I thought "it's annoying, why are there empty seats?"

(he then replies to a girl who asked him whether he saw her in the audience waving her lollipop and said the first night she was right behind his mother. she says she had noticed his whole family before her and she couldn't breathe. he then says he would sign things if they wanted.)

How are you? I appreciate that very much but... yes, of course, thank you very much, it's really nice of you. So, you know, my candle is there, in my dressing room. - The "Santa Maria" or? - Yes, exactly, no, the Santa Maria cause it's certainly too strong for the dressing room. It's funny cause [...] I brought it with me [...]. So, we are taking a pic together and then I' ll say good night cause I need to take care of the sponsors. With concerts like this, it's something serious to do them, so we have to say thank you to the bank, thank you to the electricity power group guy, I have no idea

:thumb_yello: Thanks a lot to both you and Laura !! :huglove: Great to know what MIKA said, also the French part, which I didn't understand ...:blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Dear MFCers,

I managed to record a few videos during the concert :blush-anim-cl: and I'll post them all here for members of the Fan Club only.

The videos are unlisted on Youtube, so, please, do not share them outside MFC or they can end up being deleted :(

I hope you enjoy them. More to come. And some pics.

Best wishes,

Chris

Thank you very much for these wonderful videos !!! :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Edited by mari62

Dear MFCers,

I managed to record a few videos during the concert :blush-anim-cl: and I'll post them all here for members of the Fan Club only.

The videos are unlisted on Youtube, so, please, do not share them outside MFC or they can end up being deleted :(

I hope you enjoy them. More to come. And some pics.

Best wishes,

Chris

Thank you very much! :flowers2: Waiting for Part 2,did you managed to record The Last Party by chance ? :teehee:

As well I noticed during the end of any other world I believe he said the wrong line before the last line. Instead of in any other world you could tell the difference he saying I tried to live alone you can tell the difference. I don't think anyone noticed and he certainly let it show on his face that it was the wrong line.i'm wondering if anybody else noticed any subtle changes or mistakes in any of the songs on any of the three nights.

Yes, I definitely noticed this mistake in Any Other World. I didn't notice any errors the first night -- maybe I was too entranced. :fangurl: But the second night I noticed that he flubbed the lyrics several times. He did a few times the third night as well.

Never mind, overall the performances were so beautiful I can overlook that. :wub2:

Yes, I definitely noticed this mistake in Any Other World. I didn't notice any errors the first night -- maybe I was too entranced. :fangurl: But the second night I noticed that he flubbed the lyrics several times. He did a few times the third night as well.

Never mind, overall the performances were so beautiful I can overlook that. :wub2:

The first night, the only mistake I noticed was in Elle me dit...

i noticed it also during Any Other World, but the performance outweighed the flubbed lyrics. i wonder if regular fans noticed. (not that we are not regular fans... but you know what i mean:naughty:)

i noticed it also during Any Other World, but the performance outweighed the flubbed lyrics. i wonder if regular fans noticed. (not that we are not regular fans... but you know what i mean:naughty:)

:aah: I know what you mean, and I don't think regular fans noticed at all :naughty: As a longtime fan, I know all his songs very well, and noticed his lyric faults, several times, during the three nights :teehee: But like Deb says, his performances were so beautiful, his voice so strong and clear, that he was very easily forgiven :blush-anim-cl: But I hope that all the concerts were recorded, so that when the live CD is out, it's perfect - without any mixing of the lyrics, and I'm sure it will be ...:mikadas:

Love,love

me

Same for me. I really couldn't notice any error or wrong lyrics or any mistake the first night! Well not sure I could have even noticed, lol! I was totally in a shock (in a positive way of course). I don't mind some wrong lyrics though. Every night was wonderful :fangurl:

but his little mishaps are so cute

I rember seeing a set of gifs on tumblr where he totally forgot the lyrics to Lola and asked ppl in the crowd to google it on their phones and show him:naughty::teehee:

does anyone have a link to the actual video??

Oh wow!! Thank you so much :huglove:

:blush-anim-cl: This is from the beautiful program we got, each night, at OSM :wub2:

The first night I almost fainted, when I saw the song lyrics, before the concert started !! :aah: It was a dream come true, to hear these masterpieces with OSM, and I can assure you I wasn't disappointed...:teehee::fisch:

Love,love

me

• Like 1

I don't think this was posted before? :wink2:

I had tweeted a few pages of the program when we were still in Montreal, but never got around to doing the whole thing. Thanks for taking the time to scan all of that! It was interesting reading, that's for sure. :thumb_yello:

Hello again all

I'm trying to figure out which one of my videos to post either on YouTube either publicly or privately and I am having such a tough time considering that there are so many that blew me out of the water.The symphony enhanced so many of his songs that they even sound better than the original. These would include love me today any other world happy ending ordinary man overrated heroes and even Grace Kelly believe it or not.I would like to take a vote from many of you out there as to which should be the first video I should post. Alternatively I was thinking of holding a Willy Wonka type of contest where instead of five golden tickets the first five people to contact me privately will be involved in organizing a viewing party for all of the videos taken that evening at some secret location in Montreal. Might even invite the lollipop Guild and some oompah loompas.... haha...

. It would be like reliving the concert. Tell me what you guys think is a better idea.I just can't keep these great videos to myself anymore. They must be shared with the world......