REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika at Waterfront, Belfast, 2010-FEB-13

lollipop_monkey

Last night was BRILLIANT! It was my first Mika concert and was so pleased to get to the front :aah:

Still on a high :biggrin2:

Read about the blog girl slagging off the MFCers. I was behind her and from what I heard her say I think she had been at the front when the MFCers came over with their numbers to move infront of her, so can understand her being miffed. Can understand the number thing, but surely someone should have been keeping the other's place to avoid confusion.

Anyway, no harm done. FAB night.

LOVE HIM! Disappointed he couldn't play the piano, but hopefully I'll see him again one day. Lots of pics and videos taken, but I'm a bit slowed at getting them on (blame the 2 kids!).

I'm happy for you, love. :wub2: The pics are great, can't wait for some more! :mf_lustslow:

Last night was BRILLIANT! It was my first Mika concert and was so pleased to get to the front :aah:

Read about the blog girl slagging off the MFCers. I was behind her and from what I heard her say I think she had been at the front when the MFCers came over with their numbers to move infront of her, so can understand her being miffed. Can understand the number thing, but surely someone should have been keeping the other's place to avoid confusion.

LOVE HIM! Disappointed he couldn't play the piano, but hopefully I'll see him again one day. Lots of pics and videos taken, but I'm a bit slowed at getting them on (blame the 2 kids!).

oh , love the pics....hahahahhaha mika's face in the first one!:roftl:

I really like that first pic :wub2: Thanks for posting :thumb_yello: I'm happy you had a great first gig!!!

Great pics... the first one.... lip biting.... the look in his eyes.... :swoon:

Edited by Dark Angel

Great to read you had such a fabulous first!

:lmfao: That first pic looks really quite devilish :biggrin2:

And wow, his hair got long! Suits him really well.

We could have these discussions until the cows come home - and probably will. But the MFCers were there first. We were told not to wait by the door as we would get in the way so to just stay where we were. later (like about four hours later) some people came in and sat by the door so naturally thought they were first. But the sercuity guy assured us that we would be able to take our place - we were simply doing as instructed :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Edited by kath

Hi everyone,

Short report here from me as my net time is limited...

I would like to leave the reporting on the stage and clothes design and onstage actions to others and write only about some main impressions...

To begin with, it was a cool audience and he was in top form, despite the fact that he did not play the piano because of a sore thumb.

I was really pleased with the new elements in the show, like he played some music before Happy Ending that sounded like a 18th century violin concerto to me, and it kind of glorified the song. Besides Rain, Relax also got some 90s sound treatment, as far as I remember, and Good Gone Girl had effects that perfectly fitted the band acting like wind-up toys....

I also loved Toy Boy played as the first song of the encore with David on the keyboard but I have to add that I did not like at all how the audience was singing it with him loudly for I don’t think it is a sing-along song. ... However, that is just my opinion and I was miming along, too, at parts so that I don’t stand out :teehee:

...all in all, I cannot wait to see him again tomorrow... :fangurl:

A couple of words about queuing now...

It was one of my coolest queuing experiences so far because of the circumstances. Sienna and I turned up rather ’early ’ by ’London standards’, partly to collect my ticket from the box office. There were 2 fans already there and we added our names to the list then left shortly afterwards . We intended to go back so that the others could leave to have breakfast but we got text message that more fans arrived, so we decided to take a sightseeing tour instead as we bumped into this service on our way. We did not return until after lunch and it was decided that we cross our names on the original list and move to the end. It was absolutely fair although made no real difference yesterday as it was only 15 fans queuing until 4pm. (So we basically had a 99 per cent chance of ending up front row – which we did :wink2:) . However, then we all started to think about how we should probably implement a similar system at the forthcoming gigs...

The idea basically is that the first ones arriving should start a list (without writing numbers on hands) and check the queue every half an hour. If you are not there two times in a row, you will automatically lose your original place on the list and get signed up again when you return. Then the numbers will only be written on your hand at a later stage (2-3 pm?) so that we wouldn ’t need to deal with crossing the numbers off on the hands of people whose names have been moved further down the list.

This is just an idea and might need to be refined to be as fair as possible when we are queuing. I think it really can happen to anyone that you arrive early but for some reason –e.g. the weather, tiredness or friends suggesting different programmes – you decide to take a longer break than an half an hour... So it wouldn ’t be against people leaving the queue. Rather, it would be a system to ensure that we are as fair as possible with people queuing without any longer break.

It was one of my coolest queuing experiences so far because of the circumstances. Sienna and I turned up rather ’early ’ by ’London standards’, partly to collect my ticket from the box office. There were 2 fans already there and we added our names to the list then left shortly afterwards . We intended to go back so that the others could leave to have breakfast but we got text message that more fans arrived, so we decided to take a sightseeing tour instead as we bumped into this service on our way. We did not return until after lunch and it was decided that we cross our names on the original list and move to the end. It was absolutely fair although made no real difference yesterday as it was only 15 fans queuing until 4pm. (So we basically had a 99 per cent chance of ending up front row – which we did :wink2:) . However, then we all started to think about how we should probably implement a similar system at the forthcoming gigs...

The idea basically is that the first ones arriving should start a list (without writing numbers on hands) and check the queue every half an hour. If you are not there two times in a row, you will automatically lose your original place on the list and get signed up again when you return. Then the numbers will only be written on your hand at a later stage (2-3 pm?) so that we wouldn ’t need to deal with crossing the numbers off on the hands of people whose names have been moved further down the list.

This is just an idea and might need to be refined to be as fair as possible when we are queuing. I think it really can happen to anyone that you arrive early but for some reason –e.g. the weather, tiredness or friends suggesting different programmes – you decide to take a longer break than an half an hour... So it wouldn ’t be against people leaving the queue. Rather, it would be a system to ensure that we are as fair as possible with people queuing without any longer break.

:thumb_yello: it seems a fair good thing to me!

How great it is to read all these reports! this+thevids+the pics and i feel nearly as if i had been there:cheerful_h4h:

Just watched "I see u" vid and i'm just hyper! :blush-anim-cl: can't wait to see more vids! i feel like :newyear:

That worries me abit ... the only time I plan to leave any queue I'm in at any of these gigs I'm going too is to check into my hotel and get changed ... most of the hotels I'm staying don't have check-in til' 3.00pm ... so ... If I've been there nearly the entire day - I don't want to lose my place just because of hotel's and stuff :aah: and I'd probably be more than 30 mins I think - does that matter or is the amount of times you leave the queue ... :aah:

before i'm off to bed (really need some sleep...), i quickly uploaded the new drum intro for lollipop - a bit out of sync at times, but still really fantastic! :wub2:

after thinking a lot about yesterday and watching my videos, i think the main reason why this show wasn't as magical to me as usual might've been because of the venue. maybe i'm just so used to those small gigs meanwhile. :naughty: nah, seriously, that venue somehow felt like a university auditorium, it was huge, although it was just 2200 people - but it was all spread so widely. well whatever. i'm really looking forward to tomorrow's gig in that fab old theatre, and am curious whether my feeling from the first gig will stay or whether i'll wonder what the hell i was thinking when writing that. :lmfao:

btw, something which i found quite funny but also a little bit creepy... the night before the gig i dreamt about a mika gig with the other mfcers (though i kinda missed the gig in my dream, and mika was late for it and he was really p*ssed off about that :lmfao: but that's not relevant here... :naughty:), and after that gig in my dream, christine got a present from mika, an envelope with a game inside that mika had drawn himself, consisting of different parts of figures and faces which you put together - like, the head, the torso and the legs, and you can combine them in different ways. and if you look at tiibets biotg video and notice the background, what was projected on the huge book... i f*ing dreamt about that the night before!!! :shocked: i really was like :blink::shocked: when i saw that at the gig and remembered my dream! :blink:

ok really off to bed now, let's see if i have another preview dream on tomorrow's mika gig! :lmfao:

Edited by mellody

Finally got all my video footage spliced together - about 20 mins. Will upload it tomorrow and post the link (my computer takes ages). Its got bits from most of the songs and he looks lovely of course!

I loved that first photo too. Will definitely put up some more when I get a chance.

Hope those who are going have a great time in Dublin and I look forward to hearing how it compared. :cheerful_h4h: