REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika at Waterfront, Belfast, 2010-FEB-13

lollipop_monkey

Not for this tour- you'll see why :wink2:

Why :aah: You can't leave me hanging like that .... :teehee:

I can't wait for Glasgow :boing:

Caz ... you should go and be a Lollipop Girl regardless at Hammersmith ... they ... as you're friends ... should understand ... if they know you as well as I think they should ... they should know how important it is for you to do ... telling you no shouldn't have even been an option ... they should be supporting you ... and taking vids ... :wink2: if they don't ... it's their problem :aah:

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right. Mika's in Europe until May, now a

few festival dates have been popping up here and there, which will take

him through the summer. So I'd guess that the soonest we'll see him in

other parts of the world would be late July, but more likely August/September

as you say.

I guess I can wait. :wub2:

I figured that he would be having a break between the European leg of the tour, then get back into it... He won't let himself get worn out like last time.

If I turn out to be right, do I get a prize? :naughty:

And speaking of another US tour...I'd be all for August, as long as no dates that I can attend are on August 14th, which is my wedding day! :blink:

That would be rude if he did it then...

Yeah that's great and all, but I hate to break it to you, but you don't seem like you love Mika as much anymore, and I am every bit as fangurly as day 1, :teehee: So of course you're going to be patinet and democratic, and I'm going to be in a rush and want him to come see me now, :roftl:

I wouldn't say I don't love Mika as much anymore. I love him as much as I did before, but I'm just not as openly fangurly as I was before. I don't feel the need to constantly say how much I love Mika and how hot he is (not saying you do all the time of course!). I think he's sex on legs (even when I was irritated at him shunning us, I still thought it!), and if he propositioned me then I definitely wouldn't turn him down, I just don't feel the need to say it constantly. And I'm pretty sure people would tell me to act my age :teehee:. I'm not a big fan of the whole fangurl attitude, and expecting everything from him right now (again, not saying you are like that, but I have met some incredibly pushy and rude fangurls, some in the Twilight fandom and some in the Mika fandom and they are a pain in the arse).

Besides, I try to restrain the fangurly side as much as possible as I don't want to bee seen as weird or irritating (I've struggled with that when it comes to Jimmy and Martin! :fangurl::wub2:).

I don't think me being patient and democratic has anything to do with not being as much of a fan as I was before, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that he was here almost 3 months ago. Would I love for him to come back here and do a full tour? Damn straight I would, and I would make a concerted effort to go to every concert he does in Australia (which is kinda decadent of me conjsidering I don;t havea job). As I said, whinging won't bring him here any quicker. :dunno:

I know you won't agree with me, and you're entitled to your opinion.

A few Belfast gig observations, better late than never...

It was the first show, so lots of little glitches. Mika was more nervous than usual, it seemed every move was planned, and I felt he was acting it rather than just being his usual mad self... There wasn't that much interaction with the rest of the band (other than Imma) and he didn't even introduce them! No piano playing because he'd hurt his thumb. No Pick Up Off The Floor and no By The Time, which I would've loved to see. Audience a bit quiet (apart from us lot at the front of course!).

But...

Fabulous outfit, fabulous hair, fabulous clear sound and vocals. And the stage set - well, it probably cost about as much as an average country's national debt, but the work that has gone into it is simply incredible. Our man has truly surpassed himself. And great that with two albums under his belt he can do a longish set. I totally enjoyed it because it was just wonderful to see him live again, and although it was by no means the greatest gig on earth, it was obvious that with just a bit of tweaking and honing it had the potential to become absolutely fantastic. I found myself making little mental notes about what it needed to make the show come to life more, and Mika and the rest of them obviously did a bit of a post-mortem afterwards, because Dublin was a whole different ballgame...

Have a feeling this is one show that's going to get better and better and better as it goes along :thumb_yello:

A few Belfast gig observations, better late than never...

It was the first show, so lots of little glitches. Mika was more nervous than usual, it seemed every move was planned, and I felt he was acting it rather than just being his usual mad self... There wasn't that much interaction with the rest of the band (other than Imma) and he didn't even introduce them! No piano playing because he'd hurt his thumb. No Pick Up Off The Floor and no By The Time, which I would've loved to see. Audience a bit quiet (apart from us lot at the front of course!).

But...

Fabulous outfit, fabulous hair, fabulous clear sound and vocals. And the stage set - well, it probably cost about as much as an average country's national debt, but the work that has gone into it is simply incredible. Our man has truly surpassed himself. And great that with two albums under his belt he can do a longish set. I totally enjoyed it because it was just wonderful to see him live again, and although it was by no means the greatest gig on earth, it was obvious that with just a bit of tweaking and honing it had the potential to become absolutely fantastic. I found myself making little mental notes about what it needed to make the show come to life more, and Mika and the rest of them obviously did a bit of a post-mortem afterwards, because Dublin was a whole different ballgame...

Have a feeling this is one show that's going to get better and better and better as it goes along :thumb_yello:

Thank you enigma!

Till now I do not understand, when and what happened with Mika's finger.:boxed:

will try to put the setlist together in order from my videos - so we can compare it to the one in dublin, as the order there was different:

rain

biotg

any other world

sitm

big girl

billy brown

blue eyes

touches you

i see you

dr john

good gone girl

happy ending

love today

relax

we are golden

toy boy

grace kelly

lollipop

and here, so you can compare, tiibets post about the setlist in dublin:

Rain

Big Girl

Stuck in the Middle

Blame it on the Girls

Billy Brown

Any Other World

Blue Eyes

Touches You

I See You

Dr John

Good Gone Girl

Happy Ending

Love Today (with opera intro)

Relax

We Are Golden (remix)

Toy Boy

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

something else, i think no one has posted about the merchandise yet? apart from the stuff that we already know from MS, there are a few new t-shirts, an oyster card holder (wonder if they only sell that in the uk? :blink: anyway, guess i'll get one in london! :biggrin2:), postcards, and an excercise book - don't know for sure if there's anything inside it, but guess it's just a notebook with empty pages.

something else, i think no one has posted about the merchandise yet? apart from the stuff that we already know from MS, there are a few new t-shirts, an oyster card holder (wonder if they only sell that in the uk? :blink: anyway, guess i'll get one in london! :biggrin2:), postcards, and an excercise book - don't know for sure if there's anything inside it, but guess it's just a notebook with empty pages.

OMG A MIKAFIED OYSTER CARD? I'M GETTING IT.

(That might sound dumb, but OMG, it's such an original idea :roftl:)

exercise books?? like Roxercise??? :lmfao:

will try to put the setlist together in order from my videos - so we can compare it to the one in dublin, as the order there was different:

rain

biotg

any other world

sitm

big girl

billy brown

blue eyes

touches you

i see you

dr john

good gone girl

happy ending

love today

relax

we are golden

toy boy

grace kelly

lollipop

and here, so you can compare, tiibets post about the setlist in dublin:

Rain

Big Girl

Stuck in the Middle

Blame it on the Girls

Billy Brown

Any Other World

Blue Eyes

Touches You

I See You

Dr John

Good Gone Girl

Happy Ending

Love Today (with opera intro)

Relax

We Are Golden (remix)

Toy Boy

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

Thank you so much for your hard work, Karin...

I really appreciate it...:thumb_yello::huglove:

Thank you so much for your hard work, Karin...

I really appreciate it...:thumb_yello::huglove:

it's not hard work, just watching mika videos and posting on mfc, nothing different to what i usually spend my time on. :naughty: and i'm imagining how it would feel for me to not have been in ireland but stuck at home and desperate for the tiniest bit of news about that new tour - i mean, there's still so much that you guys haven't even seen/heard yet, it's all so new and fab and exciting! :fangurl:

for example, he's still doing the sitm trumpet solo, and jimmy's giving him thumbs down for it (he has done that both in belfast and dublin) - and in belfast, mika showed jimmy the middle finger for that. :naughty:

and mika's dance with imma during ggg is also so fab! here's a little video of the first and the last bit of ggg in belfast, which includes that dance - in dublin it was even better, but haven't filmed that.

My husband is going to zurich for meeting on the 19th and some place else nearby "forest something" and coming back on the 24th...I am trying to persuade him to take me for the 4 germany gigs but Mr. Wonka says he's been travelling up and down both places and wouldn't like to have to worry about me alone in germany...I had a fit and i'm still trying to *bribe* ahem convince him...but i'm sure i won't get lucky this time...:(

My husband is going to zurich for meeting on the 19th and some place else nearby "forest something" and coming back on the 24th...I am trying to persuade him to take me for the 4 germany gigs but Mr. Wonka says he's been travelling up and down both places and wouldn't like to have to worry about me alone in germany...I had a fit and i'm still trying to *bribe* ahem convince him...but i'm sure i won't get lucky this time...:(

i'd happily take care of you so you won't be alone! :biggrin2: if you think you can convince him by coming up with a detailled plan bout your germany trip, let me know, then we can work sth out together when i'm back from ireland. :wink2:

i'd happily take care of you so you won't be alone! :biggrin2: if you think you can convince him by coming up with a detailled plan bout your germany trip, let me know, then we can work sth out together when i'm back from ireland. :wink2:

You dunno how hard i've been trying all day...:naughty:

I stopped when he felt asleep though...:roftl:

I'll start again tomorrow...:thumb_yello::biggrin2:

niiiice!!! i'm definitely getting the oyster card holder. the timing is perfect as i just got my first oyster card(btw i cant believe that i've been travelling to london all these years and i only got an oyster card now:naughty:)

and i'm getting the notebook too:biggrin2:

niiiice!!! i'm definitely getting the oyster card holder. the timing is perfect as i just got my first oyster card(btw i cant believe that i've been travelling to london all these years and i only got an oyster card now:naughty:)

I was thinking about buying one but then I forgot.... :doh:

Never mind, further opportunities ahead in two weeks' time..:biggrin2:

i stil remember the rude man who denied me the oyster card at Victoria cause i was staying only 2 days in london!

he didn't know i'm a frequent london flyer! :roftl:

i'll buy one JUST to fit into the mika holder! :wub2:

nice merch, i'm not that keen on t-shirts/posters....

I was thinking about buying one but then I forgot.... :doh:

Never mind, further opportunities ahead in two weeks' time..:biggrin2:

in 10 days we'll be buying our super cool oyster card holder:biggrin2:

i stil remember the rude man who denied me the oyster card at Victoria cause i was staying only 2 days in london!

he didn't know i'm a frequent london flyer! :roftl:

i'll buy one JUST to fit into the mika holder! :wub2:

nice merch, i'm not that keen on t-shirts/posters....

i've never heard before about people being denied an oyster card:blink: this man was incredibly rude. he should have given you the card even if you were in london for only 2 days:sneaky2:

anyway you'll get one now.