Put your heart back in your pocket...

I've been patient. connie_twiddle.gif

I've been waiting and watching threads pop up for almost every song on the new album except the one that touches me the most deeply. girl_in_dreams.gif

As it didn't appear I thought I might give it a go and dedicate a thread to it, hoping to still remember how to start one actually. I forgot that it's so easy.

If I told you how grateful and happy I am to finally get the full version of that song, nobody would believe me. Well, nobody outside MFC at least. I wonder what it is, that makes those joyful few seconds I listened to so far so special to me. give_heart.gif 'Funny feeling in the back of your spine' is the first and the closest description that comes to my mind whenever I listen. But it's more than that. It makes the little hairs on my arms stand and I just want to cry because it really reaches something inside me. I believe that this is one of the songs that can break and heal your heart simultaneously. It feels just so right. The piano and the voice and the words and the magic. And that single line 'Put your heart back in your pocket' Doesn't it say so much? I admit I have a thing for people who have a way with words. I have a special thing for people who can draw images from words. And to me this line just shows this ability brought to perfection. Reading it alone makes me cry because there is so much in it.

Sorry if this came across annoyingly obsessed or soppy. girl_blush.gif But I felt I had to put it somewhere to be able to breathe again. girl_in_dreams.gif

Thank you, Mika! :huglove:

[YOUTUBE]ObuGoB8gaeY[/YOUTUBE]

lyrics!!

There's a girl, thought she knew

what her life was going to do

Then she goes and falls in love and throws it all away

But a man can't decide

If he's made the right choice in life

So she comes home one day to find he's gone away

Put your heart back in your pocket

Pick your love up off the floor

Well your mama says to stop it

But girl, let me tell you more

If he's 95 or 22, a boy's gonna do what he's gonna do

He says he don't love you anymore,

so pick up off the floor

Walks around an empty town

Sees his face coming around,

Every corner takes on a similar stare

Love is lost, love can burn,

but your love will return

But if you're dragging it down you won't know it's there

so pick up off the floor

But girl, let me tell you more:

so pick up off the floor

Put your love, your love, love

Oooooo

Pick up off the floor

so pick up off the floor

Sublime live performance:

Edited by violet_sky

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww you're co cute :wub2:

"...so she comes home only to find he's gone away...

Well your mama says you're stoppin' (??)

But girl, lemme tell you more:

If he's 95 or 22, boy's gonna do what he's gonna do

so pick up off the floor"

Me too! I swear to you, the first time I heard him play the piano chords in LiveICM, and he didn't even sing any of the words, I looooved it! I agree completely, "Funny feeling in the back of your spine" is the perfect way to describe what I felt. I rewound and watched that four second clip so many times. :aah: I even got teary eyed and told my brother who was watching with me how much I WISHED he would put that song, whatever it was, on the next album. :wub2:

We got our wish! :blush-anim-cl:

And now that I've been able to hear some of the actual words, it's that much better. :shocked: He's amazing with his lyrics in this one...

Me too! I swear to you, the first time I heard him play the piano chords in LiveICM, and he didn't even sing any of the words, I looooved it! I agree completely, "Funny feeling in the back of your spine" is the perfect way to describe what I felt. I rewound and watched that four second clip so many times. :aah: I even got teary eyed and told my brother who was watching with me how much I WISHED he would put that song, whatever it was, on the next album. :wub2:

And now that I've been able to hear some of the actual words, it's that much better. :shocked: He's amazing with his lyrics in this one...

ROFL I looked at your download score and then your custom made title :roftl::roftl:

I do like the lyrics in this one, actually..."put your heart back in your pocket, pick your love up off the floor..." :wub2:

ROFL I looked at your download score and then your custom made title :roftl::roftl:

I do like the lyrics in this one, actually..."put your heart back in your pocket, pick your love up off the floor..." :wub2:

:lol3:

Yeah, I honestly don't remember downloading that much, but my iTunes library doesn't lie...:blush-anim-cl:

My favorite line is...Well...all of it (that I've heard so far...but I'm fairly certain I'll love the rest of it too).:wub2:

When I have heard a fragment from this song, I have started to shiver and exult that at last I have learned its name and I shall soon hear all song completely. I so a long time dreamed of it and did not hope to hear. Only that small part from Milan video. I did audio from it and waited for that moment when the song will begin. And began all all over again:wub2:

Have you seen this??

At 4.42 onwards, listen carefully.........:wink2:

An OLD video but it's there

Yes that's when I first came across it, too. I wanted that song so badly that I was close to hoping to find out it was a cover. :roftl: Just so I can listen.

I read somewhere that Mika was not a happy bunny because they put that song in the background of that. So I thought we'd never hear anything about it anymore.

Even without the words, the bit on LICM did for me already. The scary and fantastic thing is, that he seems to be perfectly aware of what he's doing, according to his explanation there. Not that I ever had a doubt about this. :teehee:

When I have heard a fragment from this song, I have started to shiver and exult that at last I have learned its name and I shall soon hear all song completely. I so a long time dreamed of it and did not hope to hear. Only that small part from Milan video. I did audio from it and waited for that moment when the song will begin. And began all all over again:wub2:

So did I. Faballa was so kind as to provide me with the fragment. See, Mika, we've learned to do with whatever crumb you throw in our direction... :naughty:

It's totally the odd-ball of the album :naughty:

Outcast song :teehee:

Definitely. I'm happy he sticks with those. You'd never expect Over My Shoulder after having listened half way through LICM for the first time, would you? :wink2:

Love these lyrics, especially "put your heart back in your pocket":wub2::wub2:

I've been patient. connie_twiddle.gif

I've been waiting and watching threads pop up for almost every song on the new album except the one that touches me the most deeply. girl_in_dreams.gif

As it didn't appear I thought I might give it a go and dedicate a thread to it, hoping to still remember how to start one actually. I forgot that it's so easy.

If I told you how grateful and happy I am to finally get the full version of that song, nobody would believe me. Well, nobody outside MFC at least. I wonder what it is, that makes those joyful few seconds I listened to so far so special to me. give_heart.gif 'Funny feeling in the back of your spine' is the first and the closest description that comes to my mind whenever I listen. But it's more than that. It makes the little hairs on my arms stand and I just want to cry because it really reaches something inside me. I believe that this is one of the songs that can break and heal your heart simultaneously. It feels just so right. The piano and the voice and the words and the magic. And that single line 'Put your heart back in your pocket' Doesn't it say so much? I admit I have a thing for people who have a way with words. I have a special thing for people who can draw images from words. And to me this line just shows this ability brought to perfection. Reading it alone makes me cry because there is so much in it.

Sorry if this came across annoyingly obsessed or soppy. girl_blush.gif But I felt I had to put it somewhere to be able to breathe again. girl_in_dreams.gif

Thank you, Mika! :huglove:

I think this wait was worth for everyone reading this...:wink2:

What a heart melting first post to start this thread :wub2:

I was waiting for a thread for this! I love this song. I think it's going to be my favorite of the slow songs on the album. It's so smooth and reminds me of an old jazz club... I can see Mika like laying on top of the piano singing it dramatically. :naughty:

I think it's the oddball too, but I love it. It's such a slinky, bluesy type of song and I love how he's taken on a completely different genre. And I agree with you, Mel - I can picture it in a jazz club as well, like the opening scene in Chicago: Band in background, stage covered in blue or dark lighting, smoke everywhere, 20's clothes...in fact I can visualise a girl in a charleston dress on the piano...like the bit where Roxie (Reneé) sings "that funny honey of mine" :teehee:

I've wished for it to be his song and for it to be in the next album since I firs heard it like 2 year ago.. And now it is.:wub2: The song is really special and one of my favorites. It definetly gives you that feeling that you search for in a good song. And this is from the clips and that interview.:naughty: You can guess how the whole song will make u feel. I will probably cry.:tears:

Incredibly amazing. :shocked:

Like said before, it shows perfectly well Mika's talent in writing such heartbreaking lyrics. I adore the way he uses personifications when describing such emotions. All of those images have so much passion in them. :wub2:

I love the fact this special song will be in the new record. :teehee: Some people might see the whole thing as an oddball but I adore it. It's another wonderful example of how amazingly gifted Mika is in so many different levels. :fangurl:

I was waiting for a thread for this! I love this song. I think it's going to be my favorite of the slow songs on the album. It's so smooth and reminds me of an old jazz club... I can see Mika like laying on top of the piano singing it dramatically. :naughty:

Agreed, jazz club, him singing, that was the first thing that popped up in my head as well... This is gonna be my new favorite for sure :wub2:

It is. It's like, waaaay different from the rest of the happy upbeat songs.

In a black gown?:naughty:

I think it's the oddball too, but I love it. It's such a slinky, bluesy type of song and I love how he's taken on a completely different genre. And I agree with you, Mel - I can picture it in a jazz club as well, like the opening scene in Chicago: Band in background, stage covered in blue or dark lighting, smoke everywhere, 20's clothes...in fact I can visualise a girl in a charleston dress on the piano...like the bit where Roxie (Reneé) sings "that funny honey of mine" :teehee:

I love that too, and also picture it like that.

This really proves he has a lot of talent. If you just can take any genre and make a great song of it. That's talent for me.

Also, the lyrics sound great.:wub2:

I'm also very happy that we soon will be able to finally hear the full song, instead of listening to the Milano vid and being annoyed, cause we were afraid it would never see daylight.

Awww you're co cute :wub2:

damn, so i don't just love the melody, but also the lyrics... will see how it goes on, but these few lines are something i can totally identify with at the moment, like he has written them bout my life. wasn't able to understand much of the lyrics, so thanx for posting this! and thanx to vs for starting this thread. the song is currently my fave of all the new ones. :wub2:

damn, so i don't just love the melody, but also the lyrics... will see how it goes on, but these few lines are something i can totally identify with at the moment, like he has written them bout my life. wasn't able to understand much of the lyrics, so thanx for posting this! and thanx to vs for starting this thread. the song is currently my fave of all the new ones. :wub2:

it's very similar to my story as well...

I got crazy shivvers the first time I heard the clip of this. I'mpretty sure I stopped breathing too. It was insanely dramatic and very sexy. His voice sounds amazing and I have an instant emotional connection with it :wub2: Cannot wait for the whole thing!

Hahhaaa that's exactly what I was thinking of. The fringe leotard doing a seductive little dance. Except Mika.... maybe would need a costume adjustment.

Or not :wink2: