Mika literally to walk in Michael Jackson's shoes

Lollipop Love

I think this article hasn't been posted yet, right? sorry if I'm wrong :blush-anim-cl:

By 3am's Clemmie Moodie & Danielle Lawler 18/09/2009

We thought nobody could ever fill Michael Jackson's shoes - but we hadn't reckoned on Mika.

Bizarrely, the Beirut-born singer has inherited the late King of Pop's designer shoes, including the ones Jacko was due to moonwalk in onstage at London's O2 Arena.

Michael had hired Mika's good friend Christian Louboutin to design all the fancy footwear for his This Is It concerts. And after Jacko's sudden death, Mika ended up with the lot.

Mika, 26, told us all about it when he dropped by 3am HQ with a special cake in the design of his The Boy Who Knew Too Much album, out next week.

He said: "Christian Louboutin designed all of Michael Jackson's shoes that he was supposed to be wearing for the O2 concerts.

"So when he died, Christian asked if I wanted them for my tour. They are amazing. One is a black soft leather lace-up which goes up to the ankle to support Michael while he was dancing.

"Then there is the pair which must have been made for him to moonwalk in. They are gold with a metal toe and the soles are really smooth and slippy to make it easy to moonwalk in.

"I think they are the only pair I might not wear. It's a little freaky to think he'd have worn those to do the moonwalk in.

"Then again, who knows, it might give me some magic power to help me dance rather than just jumping around the stage like an idiot."

The generous gift, which would have set Mika back around £1,000 per pair, could be seen as payback. Apparently, he once leapt in to stop a fight between actor Robert De Niro and the famous shoe designer at a boozy Hollywood bash.

Mika told us: "Christian is a great friend of mine, but I had to stop him from being sorted out by Robert De Niro once.

"We went back to a house party after the Oscars and Christian was so drunk he stepped on Robert's girlfriend's dress and ripped it right the way up the back.

"Robert and these security guys were furious - I could see them glaring at Christian. So I grabbed Christian and said 'Yes, he's an a**hole', and threw him into a cab before they beat him up. It was insane."

We suppose that's what you'd call a designer shoe-in...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/09/18/mika-literally-to-walk-in-michael-jackson-s-shoes-115875-21682379/

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly creepy..I'm not sure I would like to wear a dead man's shoes even if it were MJ and he never actually wore them :blink:

It's a great little story though and I love the idea that somehow Mika will be magically transformed into an amazing dancer by wearing these shoes, it's almost like that film The Mask...only with shoes. :teehee:

Somebody stop me! :teehee:

mask1.jpg

I think this article hasn't been posted yet, right? sorry if I'm wrong :blush-anim-cl:

By 3am's Clemmie Moodie & Danielle Lawler 18/09/2009

We thought nobody could ever fill Michael Jackson's shoes - but we hadn't reckoned on Mika.

Bizarrely, the Beirut-born singer has inherited the late King of Pop's designer shoes, including the ones Jacko was due to moonwalk in onstage at London's O2 Arena.

Michael had hired Mika's good friend Christian Louboutin to design all the fancy footwear for his This Is It concerts. And after Jacko's sudden death, Mika ended up with the lot.

Mika, 26, told us all about it when he dropped by 3am HQ with a special cake in the design of his The Boy Who Knew Too Much album, out next week.

He said: "Christian Louboutin designed all of Michael Jackson's shoes that he was supposed to be wearing for the O2 concerts.

"So when he died, Christian asked if I wanted them for my tour. They are amazing. One is a black soft leather lace-up which goes up to the ankle to support Michael while he was dancing.

"Then there is the pair which must have been made for him to moonwalk in. They are gold with a metal toe and the soles are really smooth and slippy to make it easy to moonwalk in.

"I think they are the only pair I might not wear. It's a little freaky to think he'd have worn those to do the moonwalk in.

"Then again, who knows, it might give me some magic power to help me dance rather than just jumping around the stage like an idiot."

The generous gift, which would have set Mika back around £1,000 per pair, could be seen as payback. Apparently, he once leapt in to stop a fight between actor Robert De Niro and the famous shoe designer at a boozy Hollywood bash.

Mika told us: "Christian is a great friend of mine, but I had to stop him from being sorted out by Robert De Niro once.

"We went back to a house party after the Oscars and Christian was so drunk he stepped on Robert's girlfriend's dress and ripped it right the way up the back.

"Robert and these security guys were furious - I could see them glaring at Christian. So I grabbed Christian and said 'Yes, he's an a**hole', and threw him into a cab before they beat him up. It was insane."

We suppose that's what you'd call a designer shoe-in...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/09/18/mika-literally-to-walk-in-michael-jackson-s-shoes-115875-21682379/

OMG I'm jealous now harrummpph I've gone off you now Mika not fair harrummphhh:sneaky2:

haha only kidding but I am terribly jealous I want MJ's shoes (or anything of MJ's for that matter) *sobs*

:crybaby: can I have a pair for my birthday (it's next month) lol

Thx for posting

Called the new king of pop and also has his shoes now. Whats next?

a rhinestone glove & a fedora perhaps? lol that i'd actually like to see:thumb_yello::naughty::biggrin2:

Slightly creepy..I'm not sure I would like to wear a dead man's shoes even if it were MJ and he never actually wore them :blink:

It's a great little story though and I love the idea that somehow Mika will be magically transformed into an amazing dancer by wearing these shoes, it's almost like that film The Mask...only with shoes. :teehee:

Somebody stop me! :teehee:

mask1.jpg

Oh i would wear them definately (if they'd fit) :) but that's me some people i guess would find it weird but i wouldn't

I think this is the last thing I would question about this article:naughty:

Actually that was the first thing I thought about but that's me:naughty:

I'm actually very interested in the cake:teehee:

Hey but the gig's on Monday... Won't it be stale by then? :roftl::teehee:

Or was it the cake for yesterday?

This sounds like a Mika quote:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

Messing up with De Niro, uh? lol

Our brave fighter!:starwars: