Mika New Release - Daily Mail Review

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I remember seeing it lol, a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

anyways, im off to bed. Enjoy talking about bogies :)

x x x

Sleep well....don't let the bogeyman get you...or eh :blink:

Fluo green, even ! :naughty

i love that colour:mf_lustslow:

of the snot? :blink:

why not?:mf_rosetinted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lmfao:

(imagines Mika sneezing and one random bogey landing on the floor, sprouting legs and arms, running away screaming "I've been RELEEEAAAASED!" )

:lmfao:

then it sells itself on ebay?:blink:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lmfao:

(imagines Mika sneezing and one random bogey landing on the floor, sprouting legs and arms, running away screaming "I've been RELEEEAAAASED!")

I feel a new script is being concieved, LOL!

Wonder if he was wearing green sunglasses all summer last year :blink:

Might be the explaination... it's quite rational compared to some of the things we've heard before :naughty:

Seriously, I'll stop here cause after meeting the Arse in London and having heard what his reasons for previous cancellations were, I've come to realize Mika was a much better person than most artists. :wink2:

Might be the explaination... it's quite rational compared to some of the things we've heard before :naughty:

Seriously, I'll stop here cause after meeting the Arse in London and having heard what his reasons for previous cancellations were, I've come to realize Mika was a much better person than most artists. :wink2:

I feel I'm missing out on a good story here :blink:

Indeed. It's more a respect towards yourself and what your values are.

If people can't wait 4 weeks and prefer to buy some stolen copy from Ebay, their choice

I don't post on this forum often but when I see a MODERATOR imply that my wife has no respect for herself and no values then I am going to come out with all guns blazing. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion regarding the sale of promos but how dare you attack Jules integrity as a way of putting your point across, it is completely unacceptable and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I would hope you will offer her an unreserved apology.

I just find it plain stupid. No offense BE
Yes, how on earth could she take offence at being called stupid:no:

Besides, we don't know if the content of the official version will be the exact same as the content of the promo dvds. Remember that the last DVD had 2 versions, one without some bonusses. Would be a pity to have to buy another DVD just because you got the wrong version first.

Not that Jules or I owe you an explaination but I can assure you that even if the official release is identical to the promo she bought, she will still buy it and MIKAs sales will not be affected at all. If I could be bothered I would type up a list of Jules collection so you could see she has promos and official releases for almost everything he has done. Like Sariflor, she is a collector and a fan, she buys these items for her own personal pleasure and has every right to do so.

I can understand peoples frustration at not being given an exlusive showing of the DVD but that does not give anyone the right to take this frustration out on Jules. She has already apologised for her original post and that SHOULD have been the end of it but it seems much more preferable on here to try and destroy her character first.

My personal opinion (if I'm allowed to have one) is that this is very much a case of......

sourgrapes.jpg

....and one further thing I would like to add. If I were MIKA and I saw the way some genuine fans are treated on this forum from time to time then I would certainly think twice about giving the MFC any form of exclusivity.

can you please tell her i love her so much?:shocked:

and many of us love her as well?

please?

things written here can hurt very much , i agree....even if virtual and coming from strangers...tell jules not to take things as personal offences, i'm sure no one wanted this, it's just a matter of stating opinions.

you are a wonderful couple of fans, please hug her for me.

can you please tell her i love her so much?:shocked:

and many of us love her as well?

please?

things written here can hurt very much , i agree....even if virtual and coming from strangers...tell jules not to take things as personal offences, i'm sure no one wanted this, it's just a matter of stating opinions.

you are a wonderful couple of fans, please hug her for me.

Seconded. You are two of my favourite people on here.

Sorry, I got a bit carried away with my rant but I had intended to put that I know 90% of the people on here are absolutely lovely (Obviously Robertina and Babs, you both come into this catagory:wub2: ) it is the other 10% I have an issue with.

I'm all for freedom of speech and people expresing their opinions but a line gets crossed when those opinions relate to someones character. That is the sort of thing I would expect a moderators to be stamping down on, not encouraging.

....anyways, apologies & big hugs to all you nice MFC'ers, please disregard my rant as it was not aimed at you.

just a little doubt, please

can we, here, speak about dvd "secrets" before the official launch?

anyway thanks to Blue Eyes for not revealing too much

it is better to have a surprise the day of the official exit :wink2:

can i have little doubts, please?

Sorry if I spilled too many beans :sorry: I just got all excited coz the DVD (and the documentary in particular) is so frickin awesome

Obvious spoiler alert here, do not click on the link below if you don't want to see Aureliens big moment.....

thank you, dont feel sorry, dont excuse you

but please let that we can use your example for to discuss about ruels for the near future

Dear Blue Eyes, dear Administrators, dear Moderators, i was the one who firstly expressed a little disappointment about the promo dvd and i would like to express better my opinion.

I understand very well the excitement of BE and her generosity about sharing some little informations and absolutely i dont blame her.

But... because it is arriving a period rich of new stuffs (dvd, second album, singles) i suggest to the moderators to do a brain storming about headlines and rules... what will be the official position of MFC in case of promo releases not official?

if there will be promo stuffs on ebay (and to sale "not for sale" promo stuffs is illegal, especially before the official launch) MFC people will buy it?

it is obvious that everyone can do what he want... but it will be possible to speak about these "illegal" spoilers here? in MFC?

I'm speaking about this especially for the future, not particularly for this BE "case".

And my opinion is not just to protect the surprise of the official launch...i care the respect for MIKA and his record company.

(and maybe, if we respect them, they will respect us and they will give us some official spoilers)

Regards and Thank you for your attention

Thank you very much.... and sorry... we speak here because here all started.

In general....for people who wants speak with me about:

i just asked opinion of moderators and i will wait a reply because i'm not able to substain so much dialogs about these importants arguments in english.

Anyway... i'm not a policewoman here, speaking about what it is legal or what is illegal (and... no, dear deb, i'm quite sure that it is not illegal symply to speak here about a promo dvd even if it is not legal) but i repeat...

i care RESPECT

respect for people, respect for professions, respect for elementary rules

and... especially respect for the person we are fan of

and usually i respect people even if they dont respect me

i respect Blue Eyes and i'm sad if she feels not respected by us

yes, risks about dishonest people who sell "not for sale" stuffs, risks about a bad brother of Mo who steals new songs from the recording studio (Mister Mo forgive me please, it is just an example), risks about courious fans who buy promo not realesed (and i understand them, to be a fan is an ilness...)

but i prefer to erase the risk about an almost official fan club who share in a public site stuffs not official.

and i repeat...it is not about the parc des princes dvd....i was at the gig, i was with my friend Aurelien before and after his interview... the contained of the dvd is not a secret for me...

i especially speak about the future new songs

I would hope you will offer her an unreserved apology.

(...)

I can understand peoples frustration (i'm absolutely not frustrated) at not being given an exlusive showing of the DVD but that does not give anyone the right to take this frustration out on Jules. She has already apologised for her original post and that SHOULD have been the end of it but it seems much more preferable on here to try and destroy her character first.

(...)

....and one further thing I would like to add. If I were MIKA and I saw the way some genuine fans are treated on this forum from time to time then I would certainly think twice about giving the MFC any form of exclusivity.

please forgive us and thank for your apologies

i agree with you that, sometimes, MFC don't deserve by MIKA any form of exclusivity

anyway.... moderators give me rules: i can not use a lot of smilies, i can not write here spam etcetera etcetera

i think i'm right if i ask them to decide some rules about more importants stuffs

i asked, i respect them and i will wait a reply whatever it will be (they can start a pool if they want)

this is my interpretation

I, for one, demand that none of us talk about the DVD on here until it is available for sale in EVERY single country. It just wouldn't be fair otherwise, and surely Estonian and Argentinian and South African fans deserve to find out the details of the DVD by watching it first rather than hearing people describe it all. And after all, if Norwegian fans see any clips of it on youtube or in people's signatures, or read anyone talking about it, it may be spoiled for them forever, and they may not wish to purchase a legit copy if they know what's in it already! So you see the only logical thing to do is forbid all discussion of it (along with any mp3 rips or uploading any clips of it).

--Jack

*sorry, this is still about the dvd :bleh:*

Okay, it seems that I have a basic comprehension problem here. Please, if anybody out there has an insight into how that business works, feel free to enlighten me.

Reading the term 'promo' my guess would be that this is referring to 'promotion', and there I would assume that we're talking about the marketing related definiton:

Dissemination of information about a product, product line, brand, or company.

Please correct me if I'm talking bollocks, but I think the purpose of this all is to make people aware of the existence of a product, evoke attention, interest, desire and - finally action.

So, is it very... like very far fetched to think this can be achieved just the way things happened this last weekend in this thread - and that team Mika, or Universal or your local record dealer are not only not repulsed by the fact that some vague information about the product is out there, but even rub their hands? ?! Just a thought, really.

I, for one, demand that none of us talk about the DVD on here until it is available for sale in EVERY single country. It just wouldn't be fair otherwise, and surely Estonian and Argentinian and South African fans deserve to find out the details of the DVD by watching it first rather than hearing people describe it all. And after all, if Norwegian fans see any clips of it on youtube or in people's signatures, or read anyone talking about it, it may be spoiled for them forever, and they may not wish to purchase a legit copy if they know what's in it already! So you see the only logical thing to do is forbid all discussion of it (along with any mp3 rips or uploading any clips of it).

--Jack

I would like this to apply to everything! Here in Denmark we got LICM months after everyone else, I suspect it will be the same with the next album - So please don't discuss it when it comes! And most singles aren't released here at all, so could we ban all talk of singles until I have had a chance to travel to the UK and buy them...oh and since it's so expensive to travel to the UK, I might have to save up for a while first :sneaky2: Also most tv appearances are not shown on tv here, so please don't discuss those until I've had a chance to catch them on air while in the UK :sneaky2:

*sorry, this is still about the dvd :bleh:*

Okay, it seems that I have a basic comprehension problem here. Please, if anybody out there has an insight into how that business works, feel free to enlighten me.

Reading the term 'promo' my guess would be that this is referring to 'promotion', and there I would assume that we're talking about the marketing related definiton:

Please correct me if I'm talking bollocks, but I think the purpose of this all is to make people aware of the existence of a product, evoke attention, interest, desire and - finally action.

So, is it very... like very far fetched to think this can be achieved just the way things happened this last weekend in this thread - and that team Mika, or Universal or your local record dealer are not only not repulsed by the fact that some vague information about the product is out there, but even rub their hands? ?! Just a thought, really.

Of course they do, it’s publicity, as simple as that!:thumb_yello:

I would like this to apply to everything! Here in Denmark we got LICM months after everyone else, I suspect it will be the same with the next album - So please don't discuss it when it comes! And most singles aren't released here at all, so could we ban all talk of singles until I have had a chance to travel to the UK and buy them...oh and since it's so expensive to travel to the UK, I might have to save up for a while first :sneaky2: Also most tv appearances are not shown on tv here, so please don't discuss those until I've had a chance to catch them on air while in the UK :sneaky2:

Yes of course, whatever you say, Kata!:wink2:

There are few things that make me as disappointed as double standards, I don’t come to this place to be served moral cookies (it’s the Swedish word for moral lessons).

I just want to say one more time that I think it’s was fun and interesting to read about the DVD and I’m grateful that Blue Eyes posted about it in the first place.:wub2:

Any news is welcome and internet and what follows is here to stay!:thumb_yello: I hope!:wink2:

I cant think of ONE fanclub / forum or whatever you want to call it where the clips / exclusive or whatever subject included isnt shown to the fans first

Whether we want that or not is another issue but its protocol ......

U2 / Queen / Bon Jovi / Killers .. just to name a few that I have seen do this

For it to come out of ebay just seems wrong .. NOT to the MFCers involved ! But to the professionalism as a team

Many commnets .. sorry far too many to speak about , but thats my view anyways (Ive taken it all in)

I cant think of ONE fanclub / forum or whatever you want to call it where the clips / exclusive or whatever subject included isnt shown to the fans first

Whether we want that or not is another issue but its protocol ......

U2 / Queen / Bon Jovi / Killers .. just to name a few that I have seen do this

For it to come out of ebay just seems wrong .. NOT to the MFCers involved ! But to the professionalism as a team

Many commnets .. sorry far too many to speak about , but thats my view anyways (Ive taken it all in)

I can see where you're coming from... (in fact it seems that everybody here apparently has a different issue with that dvd :roftl:)

But I'm really happy for what we get. I mean, look, we have been begging for perks for how long now? A year? What happened? Not much. Not even the tiniest commitment from Mika's side on the forum, as in a note saying 'yes, I bought your site, I recognize you as my official fanclub.' Which does seem a bit odd, even to me.

But I also see that e.g. noone has to donate anymore to make sure the forum can be maintained. This is what we get and it is far better than nothing.

I don't know what Mika's issues with this site are. I don't know what made him decide just not to interact at all here, maybe it is because this place has taken a bit too much of a life of its own right from the beginning for his taste. But I accept it and I expect nothing. I don't know, though, what arrangements are made in your contract concerning exclusive content, previews etc... so as long as no promises are broken (official statement top of the week aside), I can't say I'm disappointed.

I can see where you're coming from... (in fact it seems that everybody here apparently has a different issue with that dvd :roftl:)

But I'm really happy for what we get. I mean, look, we have been begging for perks for how long now? A year? What happened? Not much. Not even the tiniest commitment from Mika's side on the forum, as in a note saying 'yes, I bought your site, I recognize you as my official fanclub.' Which does seem a bit odd, even to me.

But I also see that e.g. noone has to donate anymore to make sure the forum can be maintained. This is what we get and it is far better than nothing.

I don't know what Mika's issues with this site are. I don't know what made him decide just not to interact at all here, maybe it is because this place has taken a bit too much of a life of its own right from the beginning for his taste. But I accept it and I expect nothing. I don't know, though, what arrangements are made in your contract concerning exclusive content, previews etc... so as long as no promises are broken (official statement top of the week aside), I can't say I'm disappointed.

This is a big issue and your comments are very very true .....

For such a loyal fan base I would expect more to I must say ....

I could write pages and pages ... but I wont :wink2:

i never cared about being spoilt, for films or books, or anything. so i probably stand out of the majority for that reason, cause most prefer not to be spoilt and I understand perfectly and respect that.

so for me it never really matter the spoiler warning thing, but maybe we could put that on in posts that may contain spoilers, or write them in yellow, so they can be read only highlighting, or else.

I'm sorry, blue eyes, you feel singled out, pls do not feel so: you weren't doing anything evil, just tried to let aurelien know smt that'd make him glad.

I totally agree v_s - I am happy just being here - and if that makes

me soft, then soft I am!!! :blush-anim-cl:

I agree!:thumb_yello:

I totally agree v_s - I am happy just being here - and if that makes

me soft, then soft I am!!! :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, this is how I feel too, just happy to be here!:wink2:

I have no expectations from the owner of the site but I'm grateful to the administrators and technicians for making this place working!:thumb_yello: