Mika on US "So you think you can dance" tonight!!

brookestock

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was probably tired and nervous, I mean there is no doubt that he knows the song inside out by now, LOL, and this sort of thing is bound to happen to anyone (...)

The way he handles it though says a lot about his skill and professionalism!! QUOTE]

I just absolutely agree!

He looked way too hot :wub2: , he sounded amazing :thumb_yello: , his dance and his performance was totally entertaining... yes, messing up the lyrics can happen to anyone, it's not such a mortal sin or a tragedy!

And he really did handle it in the best possible way!

And I think too that he was a bit tired.

Most recently he is getting a bit tired in my opinion. I mean last time Billy Brown's lyrics was wrong, now Love Today, but you just have to look at his face: sweet, handsome, adoreable... and tired to death. I guess it's due to his long, exhausting tour. Maybe he should really take a rest.

But I stop right now, because if he really reads the forum, and he happens to read this post of mine, I don't want him to be like: "Oh, Gosh, they realized it!", and become less self-confident. :naughty:

He was probably tired and nervous, I mean there is no doubt that he knows the song inside out by now, LOL, and this sort of thing is bound to happen to anyone (...)

The way he handles it though says a lot about his skill and professionalism!! QUOTE]

I just absolutely agree!

He looked way too hot :wub2: , he sounded amazing :thumb_yello: , his dance and his performance was totally entertaining... yes, messing up the lyrics can happen to anyone, it's not such a mortal sin or a tragedy!

And he really did handle it in the best possible way!

And I think too that he was a bit tired.

Most recently he is getting a bit tired in my opinion. I mean last time Billy Brown's lyrics was wrong, now Love Today, but you just have to look at his face: sweet, handsome, adoreable... and tired to death. I guess it's due to his long, exhausting tour. Maybe he should really take a rest.

But I stop right now, because if he really reads the forum, and he happens to read this post of mine, I don't want him to be like: "Oh, Gosh, they realized it!", and become less self-confident. :naughty:

yes take a rest mika!then come to boston!

yes he seemed to tone it down a little....aybe they want the USA to like him...poor mika!i like him better energetic!

So then, we agree that it was a tame performance by Mika? :naughty:

I like him better energetic, too. Since he wasn't, I felt a bit self-conscious.

So then, we agree that it was a tame performance by Mika? :naughty:

I like him better energetic, too. Since he wasn't, I felt a bit self-conscious.

yes tame!he should've had his lion costume on and luke could be the lion trainer!that is how tame he was!lol!:biggrin2:

yes tame!he should've had his lion costume on and luke could be the lion trainer!that is how tame he was!lol!:biggrin2:

LOL. I've grown used to his... wilder performances.

If he really wants to break into the US audiences, I think it's best to hold off the animal costumes.

But, I think a bit more energetic and wild performances would be more welcome.

LOL. I've grown used to his... wilder performances.

If he really wants to break into the US audiences, I think it's best to hold off the animal costumes.

But, I think a bit more energetic and wild performances would be more welcome.

yes the us would be like wtf????though we are used to them. when i first saw mika on youtube performing lollipop even i was like wtf? but i think they are cute and if you have to drag your child along they will be amused too!i compare the finally to the wiggles!lol!

:biggrin2:

Did anyone else 'notice' that Mika messed up last night? Any Dangerously Obsessed Mika fan could see the terror in his eyes. I felt so bad.... but, as fabulous as he is... he covered it up SO WELL. And the good thing is ALOT of people had NO CLUE who he was, so they never even knew that he messed up. THIS performance was H-U-G-E for Mika's visibility in America! LOVE LOVE HIM! Last night, just proved that Mika is 'HUMAN' something many are starting to forget. :wub2:

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Hi, this has already been talked about at length in this thread.

So I'm merging this thread with that one. :)

dcdeb

what'd he do wrong ? i didnt see it

When he got to the second verse.....

Carolina sits on 95', giver her a dollar and she'll make you smile

hook her, book her, nook her- walk away......

AFTER that instead of saying......

Girl dresses like a kid for fun, licks her lips like their somethin' other

tries to tell you life has just begun...but you know she's gettin' somethin' other than the love from her mother.

He proceeded to repeat....

hey girl why can't you carry on... is it cause you're just like your mother

little tight, like to trease for fun, well you ain't gonna tease no other, gonna make you a lover....

Well, the background tape was running so when he got to...

'gonna make you a lover'

the background vocals said.... you know she's gettin' somethin' other than the love from her mother.

GOOD thing is MOST people did not even realize the mistake- and he covered up so fabulously. GOOD JOB Mika.... he knows how to stay cool under pressure.

Yeah, but it was still amazing! Like I said before, he could've completely forgotten all of the words and stood up there clicking his heels together and staring at his feet and I would've loved it. :)

I honestly didn't think that he flubbed at all when I watched it on TV---I just thought that he had changed the lyrics for some reason. :) But, oh well. He's human, was probably very nervous, and I know that if I was doing that, I would've dropped dead on the spot, not even able to get out a word. Kudos to him for doing a great job and keeping his composure. I'm sure that no one aside from the die-hard fans noticed.

tries to tell you life has just begun...but you know she's gettin' somethin' other than the love from her mother.

little tight, like to trease for fun, well you ain't gonna tease no other, gonna make you a lover....

'gonna make you a lover'

the background vocals said.... you know she's gettin' somethin' other than the love from her mother.

GOOD thing is MOST people did not even realize the mistake- and he covered up so fabulously. GOOD JOB Mika.... he knows how to stay cool under pressure.

I didn't even notice! Haha he must've covered it up veryyy well! He did amazing,nonetheless! *swoons*

I didn't even notice! Haha he must've covered it up veryyy well! He did amazing,nonetheless! *swoons*

I totally AGREE! I was FREAKIN' out ever since I knew he was gonna be on the show! And Everyone *WONDERS* why we 'Americans' got so C-R-A-Z-Y over this...yeah, it is because Mika's visibility in America is very limited. You can not just turn on the radio...and there is Love Today, or Grace Kelly...

*dosen't really matter, cause I am blarring; Life in Cartoon Motion anyways*

But, it is EXTREMELY exciting to hear him on this side of the pond....and BETTER yet to SEE him....wowsa!

TRUST me....I was singing and dancing and JUMPING out of my chair last night, and at the end I just wanted MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!

No one else in entire place noticed he messed up BUT ME.... so, it was f-i-n-e

MIKA is the GREATEST.... singer, song writter, performer, composer, Musician of our time.....that is just MY opinion!!!!!

'gonna make you a lover'

i saw it but we thought it might of been on purpose...maybe not...he didnt look that scared...

He's starting to get noticed:

After that somewhat heavy beginning, they lightened things up with Mika performing his song "Love Today." Maybe it's a case of me just spending far too much time with all of those Luscious Jackson records on the turntable, but I have never heard of Mika. It was a good introduction. He's got a unique style and that is a catchy song.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/07/27/so-you-think-you-can-dance-week-6-results/

LOL yes he did sing the verse twice but he covered his mistake well and the band just seemed to protect him. They all looked great!!!

Mika either got a haircut or he had major curls :)

Originally Posted by Christine

Sorry guys, bad quality. I'm trying to convert to another format, but here's what I've got for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_UPZWFHpR8

Thank you!!!!

mika was excelent!!!!!

:thumb_yello:

i was going to put mine up there but it says that there are too many megs to be uploaded i don't know how to change that:thumbdown:

Loved his performance! I hope it does something for his sales!

I wonder if the girls that were screaming during his performance actually knew who he was or if they just thought he was hot??

A combination of both? :bleh:

No, I was really surprised how souped the audience was. I thought they'd be kinda snotty like "Who is this kid??"

A combination of both? :bleh:

No, I was really surprised how souped the audience was. I thought they'd be kinda snotty like "Who is this kid??"

Yes and yes.

Perhaps the alcohol had something to do with it? Along with Mika's outstanding talent and charisma, of course? The tight pants?

Either way, I'm still happy for him getting all that accolade. :biggrin2: