I shouldn't post this

Droopsy

I have been known to walk out on concerts too.Happened to me 2 Winters ago. It was so out of tune I was sick. No offence to the artists, but if the music is subpar..I sometimes go insane..sort of the perfect pitch thing happening. Does MIKA have perfect pitch? Me wonders

Suz

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I never posted this "news" so this would be the result :blink:

The thread is huge, and I think it's mostly filled with a bit of "hate" towards Kanye.

And I have absolutely no idea why, I think maybe it was misunderstood or something.

But Kanye didn't have to do ANYTHING with this article...

The reporter probably saw an opportunity to trash Mika, and drag all the Kanye fans with it, because it LOOKS LIKE Mika is stating that Kanye's music sucks.

However, we don't know anything of what happened, and the next thing I see evolving is other news sites picking up this "wanna bash mika thing" and post it as official news. Kanye gets hold of it, and another star-vete is born:boxed:

While in fact it probably was just nothing.. It states AFTERPARTY, I can't imagine they would play Kanye's music again on an afterparty AFTER his gig? Or am I wrong?

It's just the reporter and those people who commented on that site who were out of line.. But mostly the reporter since Kanye fans saw the article as if Mika was bashing Kanye.

And now be honest people! I'm sure that if we'd all read about a celebrity that appears to be bashing Mika, we would get on that defense train as well!

REMEMBER THE WHOLE PATRICK WOLF THING????

EDIT: I even updated the first post cause I see that at first I took the wrong conclusions as well!

I said that I didn't know Mika didn't like Kanye's music, but I don't know that!! I just jumped to conclusions so sorry about that.

by the way I hate rap because its hateful most of the time...sexist..racist..etc and can never hear what they say anyway.

MIKA's music is happiness and love and peace and emotion and caring

and genuinely heart-felt

so there...:mf_rosetinted:

I meant I am not a 'super-feminist-militant' sort of person, I want equality, but I'm not going out on a man-hate campaign or one of those weird rants.

Haha, I knew what you meant, I was just teasing. :biggrin2: I am quite a vocal feminist, so you'll have to excuse my rants. :wink2: Thanks for taking my post in good grace though.

Same here, i try to avoid rap in general. I just can't admire it in any aspect somehow :blink:

Well, you're welcome to avoid it, but there has been (and in underground circles still is) a whole bunch of radical political rap, that has tackled race relations and black identity and social issues and has been very influential in the 80s as a voice of consciousness, kind of like Bob Dylan was for his audience in the 60s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_hip_hop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscious_hip_hop

And then of course there are all the elements and innovations of hip hop that have since bled down to the mainstream and rock, and that people probably hardly even recognize as coming out of hip hop anymore. :thumb_yello:

By the way, Kanye West is one of the so-called "conscious rappers" who sings about social issues, not Bentleys. Here are some quotes I found interesting by him:

“I connected with so many people without talkin’ about guns and drugs. ... It’s harder to go to work 365 days than shoot a person in one day.”

“There’s nothing about wearing a pink Polo that would make anyone believe that I would hold a gun.”

“... When people come up to you like, ‘That was really good,’ you’re supposed to play stupid, like, ‘Wow, you really think so?’ But I am the truth. I’d rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I’m not.”

Oh, and he spoke out against homophobia in rap lyrics a number of times. Actually, he got a lot of flack for it and people would assume he must be gay because of his views on that and of how he dresses. Kanye stays away from misogynistic lyrics too.

So even if he's arrogant, I rather admire him.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/music/kanye_west/special_features/10107

http://www.gigwise.com/contents.asp?contentid=36305

--Jack

..that superficially spiteful article have provokated articulated thoughts in clever people:wink2:

I hate those who spread their envious prejudices just to arouse the worst mass emotional reactions..:cool:

to remain plain, and in the ignorance of what really happened, I think that

Mika is talented and fairly corageous to be himself:wub2:

On the other hand, Is not fair to demonize entire categories of musicians like rappers (I respect peoles opinion but I don't like generalizations)

For instance, I like Eminem and Frankie-Hi-Nrg (italian:biggrin2: ) and now i'm listenin to kayne west song...but only coz has a Daft-Punk music base:naughty:

peace:thumb_yello:

Haha, I knew what you meant, I was just teasing. :biggrin2: I am quite a vocal feminist, so you'll have to excuse my rants. :wink2: Thanks for taking my post in good grace though.

Well, you're welcome to avoid it, but there has been (and in underground circles still is) a whole bunch of radical political rap, that has tackled race relations and black identity and social issues and has been very influential in the 80s as a voice of consciousness, kind of like Bob Dylan was for his audience in the 60s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_hip_hop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscious_hip_hop

And then of course there are all the elements and innovations of hip hop that have since bled down to the mainstream and rock, and that people probably hardly even recognize as coming out of hip hop anymore. :thumb_yello:

By the way, Kanye West is one of the so-called "conscious rappers" who sings about social issues, not Bentleys. Here are some quotes I found interesting by him:

“I connected with so many people without talkin’ about guns and drugs. ... It’s harder to go to work 365 days than shoot a person in one day.â€

“There’s nothing about wearing a pink Polo that would make anyone believe that I would hold a gun.â€

“... When people come up to you like, ‘That was really good,’ you’re supposed to play stupid, like, ‘Wow, you really think so?’ But I am the truth. I’d rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I’m not.â€

Oh, and he spoke out against homophobia in rap lyrics a number of times. Actually, he got a lot of flack for it and people would assume he must be gay because of his views on that and of how he dresses. Kanye stays away from misogynistic lyrics too.

--Jack

really? oh I ought to read more before I speak.

Thanks Jack:)

EDITED BECAUSE I WAS WRONG

It's totally nothing good about Mika, au contraire...

But, it is news, And there's also a pic I didn't see yet.

http://www.holymoly.co.uk/news/28/mika-leaves-kanye-wests-aftershow-because-of-the-music-1255.html

Mika leaves Kanye West's aftershow because of the music

mika.jpg

There are certain things that are ironic, and most of them aren't mentioned in that **** Alanis Morrisette song, but one thing that undoubtedly is ironic is pop gonk Mika's behaviour at last night's Kayne West aftershow party.

Clearly troubled by being in the presence of someone more famous (although i'd be more troubled by the dreadful hoodie), it was all too much for the poor man's Scissor Sister and he flounced out of the West aftershow, complaining about the music.

Yes, Mika, who's forced us to endure his patronising plinky-plonky nonsense about big girls and how wants to be like assorted dead people, had the audacity to winge about the music. The tit.

To save the day however, Rhianna decided to go to Stringfellows, singlehandedly adding a couple of slides to every heterosexual males **** bank....

Full review of the gig coming to HM soon (Which we are hearing was an absolute shambles).

poor!mika!!!!!!

--Jack

I agree. Arrogance is one of my biggest pet peeves, but the respect I have for him overcompensates that by a lot. There was an MTV special on him around last summer sometime, and he said something about one of his cousins being gay and he really stood up for it and you could see Kanye felt really adamant about it. He has a lot of passion and belief in everything he does. I respect him for a lot of things he's said and done.

I really don't think Mika went, "This is CRAP! I had no idea Kanye would be like this!" and left. :naughty:

I feel insulted...how dare they, they do not have a good taste in music, they're just people who have no lives so they spend all there time thing horrid things to say about sweet people with lots of talent!! Mika has alot of talent! Just because he doesn't sing about innapropriate subjects that 15year olds can't even listen to like girls, cars,bling and guns doesn't mean he should be shunned!

--Jack

Oh gosh! I am too!!! Gets me into a bit of trouble with my grandparents though because sometime they have old fashion ideas

Oh gosh! I am too!!! Gets me into a bit of trouble with my grandparents though because sometime they have old fashion ideas

Hang on! Please don't misunderstand me-when I speak to people who have these sort of old fashioned or plain sexist ideas I go mad, in fact I have had very heated arguments with some because they were going on about that sort of thing!

What I meant is that I am not an extremist, who goes around saying 'women are BETTER than men, we don't need men,let's kill them all,etc,etc..':naughty:

Women and men are equal,we have some differences but it doesn't make either gender above or underneath the other-just different. We should obviously have equal rights,etc.:thumb_yello:

What was MIKA doing there anyway?

Maybe MIKA was cranky. He looks annoyed in the pictures.

The guy who wrote the article is a fart!!!

I also hate the comments people left for the article. K. West is talented on his music and MIKA is talented on what he likes. Just because they don't like MIKA's sound that doesn't mean he is not talented.

This is the reasom why sometimes I hate being in the US. People are so close minded for new sounds and changes.

What was MIKA doing there anyway?

Maybe MIKA was cranky. He looks annoyed in the pictures.

The guy who wrote the article is a fart!!!

I also hate the comments people left for the article. K. West is talented on his music and MIKA is talented on what he likes. Just because they don't like MIKA's sound that doesn't mean he is not talented.

This is the reasom why sometimes I hate being in the US. People are so close minded for new sounds and changes.

agreed!i live there!:mf_rosetinted:

Someone agrees with me! Yeah! I really get sick of the music industry in this country and all the new artists that come out and sound exactly like the horrible music we already have.

I love Kanye West; he isn't the conventional rapper we hear out there; actually he sticks out like a sore thumb in his genre of music the same way Mika does!

It's a shame but Mika can leave a party because he doesn't want to hear the music; I really don't get what is the big deal.

I love Kanye West; he isn't the conventional rapper we hear out there; actually he sticks out like a sore thumb in his genre of music the same way Mika does!

It's a shame but Mika can leave a party because he doesn't want to hear the music; I really don't get what is the big deal.

you really shouldn't believe those dumb stories :naughty:

like jack said mika went to the AFTERparty so he was probably at the party... i think that's what jack said anyways :blink: bad memory haha