I shouldn't post this

Droopsy

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Kanye West is one of the smarter rap artists out there, he's still an arrogant, self-obsessed performer. If I was Mika, I wouldn't have just "walked out that door", I wouldn't have even been there in the first place! And I disagree with the columnist, saying that Mika seeks to imitate dead people. Sure, he has gotten inspiration from other artists (who hasn't), but he's too much of his own person to ever imitate anyone.

Although Kanye West is one of the smarter rap artists out there, he's still an arrogant, self-obsessed performer. If I was Mika, I wouldn't have just "walked out that door", I wouldn't have even been there in the first place! And I disagree with the columnist, saying that Mika seeks to imitate dead people. Sure, he has gotten inspiration from other artists (who hasn't), but he's too much of his own person to ever imitate anyone.

I agree! Every artist out there gets inspiration from those before them, that is only natural. Without that they would never be a musician to begin with! Mika is defianltely NOT immitating anyone!!!! Mika is Mika and Mika is Fab!

The first bald man that comes to mind is the character Morpheus from the Matrix:

well ok he's cool. but not hot. :naughty:

and Peter Garret of the band Midnight Oil who is now an Australian politician:

urgh.

i didn't know he was a politician now, lol!

I couldn't agree more! Very well said!

I would have walked out too...I hate Kanye West, and all other rap for that matter...*insert gagging noise here*

And I love his hoodie! I wanna buy one for myself!

If I was Mika, I wouldn't have just "walked out that door", I wouldn't have even been there in the first place!

Didn't Kanye West just see one of Mika's performances? It sounds like there's possibly a mutual interest/respect for each other's music. As someone already pointed out, Mika left the after-party, not the concert. Who knows what music was being played at the time.

And of course this article is probably a load of rubbish anyway. They just had a pic, possibly heard a rumour and thought it was a good opportunity to make a joke about Mika's music.

I saw Kanye West on The Friday night project last week and he seemed like a nice bloke - he had trouble too breaking into the industry because he didn't look like your usual rap artist. Some of his songs are sing-a-longable, but he's not really my thing - I'm just don't "get" the whole rap thing they all sound alike and the videos are rubbish - I mean - girls in gold bikinis and fur coats - make your mind up woman is it hot or cold ouside???

My point is though I'm sure Kanye West doesn't share this reporters snide sense of humour - why would he have invited Mika if he didn't respect him? The poor reporter is just jumping on the "it's not cool to admit to liking Mika" bandwagon (maybe he's afraid his mates will think he has a feminine side!?) and thats his choice. A wise (and extremely cute) man once said "say what you want to satisfy yourself, but you only want what everybody else says you should want" The poor bloke obviously has little talent except for listening to music (not much talent required there either - um..... how do I switch this stereo on again.......?!!) and now lives his life vicariously through famous people and can only seem "cutting edge" by putting others who have proved their talent but yet don't conform to the hardcore, hardman image down. And anyway..."plinkety plonk music" ??????- what kind of intellegent journalistic creativity is that (did you go to university to make up such spechul words?) - get a dictionary - idiot![/size]

I saw Kanye West on The Friday night project last week and he seemed like a nice bloke - he had trouble too breaking into the industry because he didn't look like your usual rap artist. Some of his songs are sing-a-longable, but he's not really my thing - I'm just don't "get" the whole rap thing they all sound alike and the videos are rubbish - I mean - girls in gold bikinis and fur coats - make your mind up woman is it hot or cold ouside???

My point is though I'm sure Kanye West doesn't share this reporters snide sense of humour - why would he have invited Mika if he didn't respect him? The poor reporter is just jumping on the "it's not cool to admit to liking Mika" bandwagon (maybe he's afraid his mates will think he has a feminine side!?) and thats his choice. A wise (and extremely cute) man once said "say what you want to satisfy yourself, but you only want what everybody else says you should want" The poor bloke obviously has little talent except for listening to music (not much talent required there either - um..... how do I switch this stereo on again.......?!!) and now lives his life vicariously through famous people and can only seem "cutting edge" by putting others who have proved their talent but yet don't conform to the hardcore, hardman image down. And anyway..."plinkety plonk music" ??????- what kind of intellegent journalistic creativity is that (did you go to university to make up such spechul words?) - get a dictionary - idiot![/size]

Well said! XD

Didn't Kanye West just see one of Mika's performances? It sounds like there's possibly a mutual interest/respect for each other's music. As someone already pointed out, Mika left the after-party, not the concert. Who knows what music was being played at the time.

And of course this article is probably a load of rubbish anyway. They just had a pic, possibly heard a rumour and thought it was a good opportunity to make a joke about Mika's music.

This is a very good point Christine. Or should I say several good points.

...guess he just left because the music was too LOUD...taking all those ear stories into acc-t...

that makes more sense to me....:biggrin2:

i dun think he would say he hate Kanye West's music so directly just after walking out the party of the host .....:naughty:

well, the reporter should QUOTE what he said , but not write in his own lauguage, this always confuse ppl (or intend to?)

bad reporters only write something at negative side:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I'm going to keep my opinions on the journalist to myself...because they might get me banned!

But all we really know is that Mika left the after party.

Mika has been ill (and as several people have said loud music and illness not a good mix), He'd spent the last few days on the road and it had been his birthday.

He had every right to leave the party for whatever reason he wanted! He hasn't insulted anyone!

Why is it that the more wonderful and real a person is the more some idiot wants to kick them down?

I'm confused as to why at one point this turned into a bash-Kanye West-and-rap thread. That's no nicer than (and just as narrow-minded and limiting as) the journalist calling Mika's songs "plinkety plonk" music. And anyway, whatever Kanye's music is like and whether he's more talented or innovative or not has nothing to do with it! As Christine said, Mika walked out of the afterparty--he went (and stayed!) for the concert. Doubt it was Kanye's own music that was playing, and yeah, it could well have been too loud.

--Jack