I shouldn't post this

Droopsy

He's a rap artist. Don't like his music too much... I'm not a big fan of rap.

Ohh.. Don't know him :biggrin2:

.....of Mika and they called him a TIT ah they need a slappin'

I know a person who got those :wink2::blink: .. *bad taste*

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did anyone see kanye on the friday night project

he was the arrogant tit he doesnt even understand english humor ..... he needs a bigger slappin'

people like that interveiwer man who always try to make things worse than they really are make me mad and should shut up and eff off ARGH :mad3:

I think Mika did the right thing, I can´t stand Kanye....

Well Mika went and stayed for Kanye's concert... he only left at the afterparty, where they play other people's music.

From what I can tell of the article, Mika likes Kanye just fine.

--Jack

Well, I don't like Kanye West regardless of this article. He's a pretty good artist, and I actually kinda like some of his songs, I just think that he's got a big mouth and is full of himself. I didn't like the "Bush doesn't like black people" remark and I, in no way, support George Bush but I don't like the race card being played. Also, at an MTV music award show when he didn't win he stormed the stage, which I find is completely classless and disrespectable. Anyway, it's not really about Kanye as it is Mika leaving his show or after party or whatever. I didn't read through this whole thread so I don't know what all has been said but if Mika wants to walk out of anything, he's entitled to without some (was it a magazine? website?) calling him a tit and knocking down his music. That's even worse than Mika griping about whatever he was griping about.

I liked the Bush quote. :biggrin2: America's dirty secret is that everybody and everything is a lot more racist than they want to say or think: it's just become institutional racism so it's more subtle and less recognizable but at the same time more insidious.

--Jack

I liked the Bush quote. :biggrin2: America's dirty secret is that everybody and everything is a lot more racist than they want to say or think: it's just become institutional racism so it's more subtle and less recognizable but at the same time more insidious.

--Jack

Well I guess I'm not a part of that dirty little secret. :)

Probably, what happened here, was that reporters and paps caught up with Mika as he was leaving, asked why he was going, and Mika said basically that the music sucked. That's probably all that happened, and yet the stupid media decided to blow everything out of proportion because that is what they do. :mf_rosetinted:

Who was the jerk who wrote this rubbish? IS HE IN POSESSION OF MIKA'S HEAD TO KNOW EXACTLY WHY HE LEFT? The autor just states Mika was flustered because there was someone more famous than him around. How does he know, uh? And insulting his talent like that! I'm really sorry, but I don't find this article funny. It criticizes Mika without a solid basis.

The owner of that site should be grateful I'm not allowed to post comments, because I'm ready to give him a piece of my mind. :mad::protest::argue::mad3:

Ok, don't get me wrong. I'm a journalist student myself, but i hate when this sort of thinh happens. I tell you: this... text is terribly biassed. It's sole purpose is not to inform but to express the subjective feelings of the author. I don't know if the site is supposed to be a blog or what, but it's not serious in the least. I'm going now or I'll end up being (even more) uncivil.:thumbdown:

Probably, what happened here, was that reporters and paps caught up with Mika as he was leaving, asked why he was going, and Mika said basically that the music sucked. That's probably all that happened, and yet the stupid media decided to blow everything out of proportion because that is what they do. :mf_rosetinted:

Isn't that how is usually is? :thumbdown:

You know, I don't really care if Mika likes this bloke's music or not, I personally hate rap:

I don't get it, I don't enjoy it,and I just dislike the sound of it.

And that is, without even going into the whole 'image' thing that usually surrounds it, or the utter silliness (my opinion) of their music videos, etc...

I'm no feminist, but it really aggravates me how they portray women in the average 'rap' video to make them look like they'll sell themselves to any old idiot who waves some cash in their direction, or is a bit famous, or *whatever*, or like 20 women will be fighting over some MINGING bloke, and trying to get their attention when the guy is clearly far too busy loving himself to be paying them any attention, etc ,etc..

And all the lavishness and materialism of it, the bling, ARRGGGG!

Seriously!!! Plus I think that they just look stupid!

With all that arm waving and 'yo yo' and generally bastardising language...

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone with this post but it is how I honestly feel about it.

Haha how off topic is it anyway, this was about the horrid reporter pointlessly bashing Mika, but I am sooo glad I got this off my chest now.

Who needs therapy when you have the MFC?

:biggrin2:

I'm no feminist

Really? You don't think women should have equal opportunities then? :roftl:

With all that arm waving and 'yo yo' and generally bastardising language...

That's called local culture and "dialect." :bleh: I bastardize language on a regular basis just by virtue of being American...

I agree with a number of your points, mind, and rap is not a genre I generally listen to either, but I do think some differentiation should be made between mainsteam top-40 rap music and rap in its entirety, which is a genre, and like any genre (rock, blues, pop, etc) contains a variety of both the good and the bad.

why make such a big deal about a pop musician not loving rap music?

IT basically just shows that Mika's got good taste in music :D

Well for all we know, they were playing classical at the afterparty. :bleh::mf_rosetinted:

Mika: f'ckin Debussy? And Brahms again?! I want Shostakovich, dammit. *leaves*

--Jack

OK this is getting way too heavy!!!

I had my rant earlier in the thread but having come back and seen some of the mean things said about Kanae (or whatever his name is) I want to now put my mumsie peace hat on and say "please play nice" - the mean person in all of this is the reporter, who for his own resons obviously doesn't think much of Mika or his music - thats OK, he has a right to his opinion (misguided as we think it might be it is still his opinion and should be respected), I feel he should try being a bit more professional in his journalistic reporting - i.e. some real facts would be nice, and possibly less rude and more grown up words (less "tit" and "plinkity plonk" please), but he wants to gain "cred" and is trying to do that by putting easy targets within the music world down.

Kaene isn't the target here - Mika obviously enjoys his music, after all he was invited and went to his concert. Whether you love Kaene or not he struggled for acceptance in his music field much as Mika did and has become very successful - good luck to him.

Mika had his own reasons for leaving early - whatever they were. He didn't seem his normal sprkly self in the photo so he could have been ill, tired or just in a hurry to get somewhere - obviously not expecting to be photographed/harrangued by reporters.

There is room in the industry for everyone, let face it all the other stars only serve to make our boy look even better in comparison

Peace out everyone. :angel_not::giveup:

XXXXXXXXXXXX

OK this is getting way too heavy!!!

I had my rant earlier in the thread but having come back and seen some of the mean things said about Kanae (or whatever his name is) I want to now put my mumsie peace hat on and say "please play nice" - the mean person in all of this is the reporter, who for his own resons obviously doesn't think much of Mika or his music - thats OK, he has a right to his opinion (misguided as we think it might be it is still his opinion and should be respected), I feel he should try being a bit more professional in his journalistic reporting - i.e. some real facts would be nice, and possibly less rude and more grown up words (less "tit" and "plinkity plonk" please), but he wants to gain "cred" and is trying to do that by putting easy targets within the music world down.

Kaene isn't the target here - Mika obviously enjoys his music, after all he was invited and went to his concert. Whether you love Kaene or not he struggled for acceptance in his music field much as Mika did and has become very successful - good luck to him.

Mika had his own reasons for leaving early - whatever they were. He didn't seem his normal sprkly self in the photo so he could have been ill, tired or just in a hurry to get somewhere - obviously not expecting to be photographed/harrangued by reporters.

There is room in the industry for everyone, let face it all the other stars only serve to make our boy look even better in comparison

Peace out everyone. :angel_not::giveup:

XXXXXXXXXXXX

perfectly said :thumb_yello: especially the less "tit" and "plinkity plonk" please part

Really? You don't think women should have equal opportunities then? :roftl:

Ok, I should have measured my words before posting I suppose!! :naughty:

I meant I am not a 'super-feminist-militant' sort of person, I want equality, but I'm not going out on a man-hate campaign or one of those weird rants..

Not sure if I've made it clearer now or even worse!! Anyway I meant I find myself to have balanced views on the whole gender-equality issue...

That's called local culture and "dialect." :bleh: I bastardize language on a regular basis just by virtue of being American...

Ok, I stand corrected on this.:blush-anim-cl: You re right.

I agree with a number of your points, mind, and rap is not a genre I generally listen to either, but I do think some differentiation should be made between mainsteam top-40 rap music and rap in its entirety, which is a genre, and like any genre (rock, blues, pop, etc) contains a variety of both the good and the bad.

--Jack

Yes, I see your point- I suppose that because I don't like it (rap) I just don't listen to any of it if I can possibly avoid it, so I can't even tell the 'good' ones from the 'bad' ones....:roftl: But I still don't like it as a genre!! Or its image for that matter.

Of course as I said this is just my own opinion, based on personal preference, and to clarify further it is in no way an attack to this man (Kanye W) as I had never even seen his face until today, it's just my general views on rap,etc...

Anyway thanks for the feedback cause it also made me see some points I had not looked at.

:thumb_yello:

Yes, I see your point- I suppose that because I don't like it (rap) I just don't listen to any of it if I can possibly avoid it, so I can't even tell the 'good' ones from the 'bad' ones....:roftl: But I still don't like it as a genre!! Or its image for that matter.

Same here, i try to avoid rap in general. I just can't admire it in any aspect somehow :blink: