Great until 1:20

I understand now why Yasmine laughed so much when they made the video. :bleh:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i don't like it!

The video seems abit far fetched. Less close - ups and mostly him floating about. Really boring...LOVE the song though.

i wish they wouldve gone in a different direction as well, i really liked the beginning in bed but it felt really like corny and cheesy when he went up to space...i wouldve really liked to have seen like a choir standing in the background with him on the piano or something and in black n white or something...and not in space too but other than that it was ehhh

I LOVE THE VIDEO! IT'S SO CREATIVE AND ORIGINAL! I agree that Mika is making poses half of the time, but I don't think it affects the video at all. I'M SO EXCITED IT'S ALREADY OUT ON THE WEB! And the song beat sounds different, but i do like it. My favourite part is when he is in bed and all the creatures are nodding and bliking behind him. And i rather liked the part where the hands appear. On eof my favourite Mika vids, no doubt about it.

I LOVE THE VIDEO! IT'S SO CREATIVE AND ORIGINAL! I agree that Mika is making poses half of the time, but I don't think it affects the video at all. I'M SO EXCITED IT'S ALREADY OUT ON THE WEB! And the song beat sounds different, but i do like it. My favourite part is when he is in bed and all the creatures are nodding and bliking behind him. And i rather liked the part where the hands appear. On eof my favourite Mika vids, no doubt about it.

My fav completely...Mika fits well in the stars.

Flying.

Shining.

Like my fav. fable, Peter Pan, he can fly :biggrin2:

I LOVE THE VIDEO! IT'S SO CREATIVE AND ORIGINAL!

It's so NOT lol! It's a remake of the movie The Science of Sleep with Gael Garcia Bernal & Charlotte Gainsbourg lol

The video is cheap from the begining of the 2nd verse!

The new drum beat is awful...

i didn't know something could be at the same time cheesy AND creepy... thank you for making me discovering things, mika team ! :naughty:

for the band, i think they're getting rid of them progressively, he said it at the very beginning of his career, they're not a group : he's a singer, and they are musicians... if you look at the videos, one after the other, in chronological order, you'll understand what i mean : we see them less and less, until Happy Ending, where we don't see them anymore... maybe it's for people to focus on mika and not on the band ! my opinion and interpretation...

i quite like the "creepy" parts of the vid (singing dolls, drawings and hands) but def not the cheesy part, as not surprising for me (all the rest of the vid :biggrin2: bed part, star hands, flying, shining, blah blah blah)... well... i don't dislike it... but i'm not convinced, once again... that makes 3 vids out of 5 i don't like :blink:

It's so NOT lol! It's a remake of the movie The Science of Sleep with Gael Garcia Bernal & Charlotte Gainsbourg lol

:naughty: :naughty: here i find you :biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

off topic : i really have to see this movie !!! :sneaky2: since it was out i've been saying that :bleh:

Really? I didn't know it was a remake. Is there a link of the original i can see? I've never seen it, so I guess that excuses me. Anyway, I stick to the rest of my comment: the vid is beautiful and the new beat adds a little something to the song. :mf_rosetinted: Why don't you like it? Just curious to know.

i didn't know something could be at the same time cheesy AND creepy... thank you for making me discovering things, mika team ! :naughty:

for the band, i think they're getting rid of them progressively, he said it at the very beginning of his career, they're not a group : he's a singer, and they are musicians... if you look at the videos, one after the other, in chronological order, you'll understand what i mean : we see them less and less, until Happy Ending, where we don't see them anymore... maybe it's for people to focus on mika and not on the band ! my opinion and interpretation...

i quite like the creepy part of the vid... well... i don't dislike it... but i'm not convinced, once again... that makes 3 vids out of 5 i don't like :blink:

You know what? I hadn't noticed that. But the band is really disappearing progressively. I love them, but after all Mika is a solo artist. So I could understand if he decides to include them less and less on his videos.

I am not overly impressed. it lacked the emotion.

I did not feel moved

it was cutesy and very colourful and happy..but its a bittersweet song. I wanted to cry with this video..I didn't :(

i prefer to see my own "video" in my own mind in the original..

here i find you :

off topic : i really have to see this movie !!! :sneaky2: since it was out i've been saying that :bleh:

:D ca fait lgtps que j'avais pas posté :P

you have to see it! it's so cuteeeeee!I love the character of Stéphane :)

By the way, Mika is a solo artist so there's nothing wrong with the absence of the live band!

mind you it was at first glance

maybe I have to see it again a few times

I didn't feel anything on first seeing it, but, the second time, the song really touched me. It has something sad and melancholic at the beginning, but in the end it's completely happy. I don't know. But I love the video, because, to me, the best videos or books or songs or whatever are those which leave me with an ambivalent feeling, between joy and sadness. But that's just me, I suppose.

I didn't feel anything on first seeing it, but, the second time, the song really touched me. It has something sad and melancholic at the beginning, but in the end it's completely happy. I don't know. But I love the video, because, to me, the best videos or books or songs or whatever are those which leave me with an ambivalent feeling, between joy and sadness. But that's just me, I suppose.

I just saw it again and I started to cry. Its when he was touching the hands at the end. I couldn't stop crying....I am crying right now!!!!!!!!

It reminds me of a dream I had...when it was over I was like WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:D ca fait lgtps que j'avais pas posté

you have to see it! it's so cuteeeeee!I love the character of Stéphane :)

By the way, Mika is a solo artist so there's nothing wrong with the absence of the live band!

je ne poste plus non plus :biggrin2:

and i see no objection to the absence of the band, just explaining my thoughts to those who miss them :wink2:

bad video... band or no band... :naughty: it's getting worse and worse !! they started with grace kelly which was great and the more it goes, the cheesier and the cheaper it gets... just left a comment on his myspace for the first time in months !! :naughty: in case someone reads it :roftl:

when i first watched the video i never really felt any emotion, i was too busy concentrating on the content of it. but now that i've watched it a few times i feel cold on certain parts...but that's because ive managed to take it all in now. i understand what people mean when it lacked emotion. if there was a choir involved and it was "down-to-earth" so to speak or something like that, or an actual storyline in the video rather than symbolism, i think there would be more emotion in it.

i can also see why people don't like it...i can't imagine mika liking the video much either. but i think it's because it's a different style of music and therefore a different style of video. It IS a bit cheesy with all the flying and everything, but there's a lot of symbolism around it so it kinda holds down that cheesiness. if that makes sense. At least the effects were good. :)