Mika's double date for Brits

titania

Brian would be GREAT, but perhaps it's too obvious...too many Freddie connotations...the comparison thing is so passe now and Mika needs to distance himself from it.

Rufus, also great. Can't they do a trio, or whatever it's called? :naughty: (I nearly said threesome...:blink: ooh no missus!!)

totally agree:thumb_yello: id b very suprised if mika did a duo with bryan may or rufus, cos with rufus they would have to watch they didnt come across as a couple:naughty: and mika needs to get away from the freddie thing!!! (sorry)

think this mayb the Sun newspaper making stuff up again:blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

totally agree:thumb_yello: id b very suprised if mika did a duo with bryan may or rufus, cos with rufus they would have to watch they didnt come across as a couple:naughty: and mika needs to get away from the freddie thing!!! (sorry)

think this mayb the Sun newspaper making stuff up again:blush-anim-cl:

Absolutely.

And just imagine the 'camptastic' Sun headlines the day after.

when will people stop saying mika is camp coz he isn't

Hello Guys,

I haven't been reading the forum for a week but when I saw this article in The Sun (online) I thought I have to come here and comment.....

1., Please don't forget this piece of 'news' appeared in a tabloid...:shocked:

2., Sounds stupid in itself that it's either Brian May or Rufus Wainwright... (???). You don't plan performances like that... That's pure guessing from the journalists or...well, I hope it's not some cheap publicity from the record company now that HA is out within days...:boxed:

3., idea of a performance with Brian does sound great. It does NOT have to be a Queen song. Mika writes in Freddie's style, we are all aware of it ... it would sound like a new Queen song:blush-anim-cl:

4., I have a feeling the day when Mika performs with Brian will and should arrive one day but in my opinion, it should be next June at the Hyde Park concert. (Brian and Roger are organising a concert for Mandela's B-day I think). That opportunity would be such better - I want Roger and John to join as well...:punk:

PS: I think Mandilambi would vote for a 'trio' at the Brits. However, the idea of tha duet with either of the guys sounds great. Shame I personally cannot see that happen.:wink2:

Would you believe when I started reading this thread a Queen song came on!

I don't mind which he duets with, my money would be on Rufus, if Mika can swing it, as he is a huge fan and I think he'll be over the moon to be able to.

...and on an Italian radio they have just announced it!

they said it will be probably with brian may, but maybe it's just a common wish! :thumb_yello:

You're probably right, Rufus might not be up for it, not sure how he feels about award shows. It would be fantastic if he did though.

Don't get me wrong, I love Brian, but as Rufus doesn't normally do things like that, it would be amazing for him to sing with Mika.

The Sun

Thursday, Oct. 11,2007

Mika's double date for Brits

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article326316.ece

snf11bizm280_370274a.jpg

THE Brits is the music awards bash of the year — and the night’s duets are always among the highlights.

Now I can reveal that next year’s event will see MIKA perform with either former QUEEN guitarist BRIAN MAY or RUFUS WAINWRIGHT.

Whoever he sings with, it promises to be explosive.

Flamboyant Grace Kelly singer Mika is continually arguing he’s nothing like Brian’s ex-bandmate, the late FREDDIE MERCURY.

snf11bizb180_370289a.jpg But Mika will not escape the comparisons if he and Brian, right, double up for the Brits at London’s Earls Court next February. A source said: “Mika is already guaranteed for the event but he’s still in talks about who to duet with.

“He knows how to put on a great show on his own — but with either Brian or Rufus on stage next to him he would blow the roof off.”

I can feel a rendition of Queen anthem We Will Rock You coming on.

And that would surely rival the Brits’ all-time great duets, like when JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE and KYLIE belted out BLONDIE hit Rapture in 2003 — and Justin famously grabbed Kylie’s bot.

I told you last month that Kylie is lined up for the 2008 Brits. So it seems the bash, to be shown live on ITV1, will be full of huge personalities. And that’s before any beehives have confirmed.

That's great news!!! I wondered if Mika would ever perform with Queen, or someone out of the band. I actually think Mika's voice has a slightly lighter tone than Freddie's. I can usually tell the voices apart, but still, there is a similarity. However, people need to stop saying that he's the new Freddie, and start thinking of him as, the original Mika! I think he deserves that much, after the impact he's already had on the music world. And the new song is... to die for!!!!

Love today, from Marilyn

Yahoo! My Yahoo Mail

Yahoo! Music Home Help

Sign In

[New User? Sign Up]

All Artists Albums Songs Videos

Mika

Latest music videos

`

Yahoo! Music News

Mika a Queen?

(Thursday October 11, 2007 10:33 AM)

Mika is being lined-up to duet with Brian May at The Brit Awards next year, according to reports.

The flamboyant UK pop star, who has earned many comparisons to Freddie Mercury since his emergence 12 months ago, is in discussions to appear with the Queen guitarist.

A UK tabloid claims this morning that if the collaboration doesn't come off he may appear alongside Rufus Wainwright at the prestigious annual music shindig.

A 'source' explained: "Mika is already guaranteed for the event but he's still in talks about who to duet with.

"He knows how to put on a great show on his own - but with either Brian or Rufus on stage next to him he would blow the roof off."

The Brits 2008 will take place at London's Earls Court next February.

Watch Mika's music videos here...

WOO HOO :punk: I wanna see him duet with Brian May, don't let me forget about this in Feb though lol wonder if anyone from MFc will go.

Well some of us have registered with the people who are issuing tickets, so hopefully some should be going from here.