Internet searching about MIKA??

minkey_00

Pillow talk: Mika ponders the "million dollar question".

I've just invented a new word! Gaybe. It's a portmanteau term to describe those celebrities you strongly suspect are gay, but who refuse to confirm or deny it.

Mika is currently Britain's biggest gaybe star. "I never talk about anything to do with my sexuality," he says, even though he just has, in this thick-as-a-post modern statement.

At the end of last year, I tried to set up an interview with Mika for Gay Times. The press officer said his management insisted we had to email over the questions. Apparently the boy from Beirut was too damn busy, cause he was just taking off in the States. "Well, we'd prefer to do the interview face-to-face. Shall we wait 'til he's a bit less busy?"

Weeks passed, pages flew off a calendar, but he never was. Which all seemed instructive enough in itself...

Eventually, we gave up waiting and emailed over some questions, including the obvious: "Are you gay?"

Mika's reply? "That's the million dollar question, isn't it?"

Well, yes, it is - so is there any chance of you answering it, dear?

"I just don't think I need to," he has said. "People ask me all the time. But I just don't see the point. I don't really feel that it's necessary to know in terms of my music. Some people make records that are defined by their sexuality, but mine really are not."

Really? Reviews of Mika are always a laugh riot of euphemisms. He's invariably described as "camp" (nudge nudge) and "flamboyant" (wink wink). Just as his music is invariably compared to Scissor Sisters, Elton John and Queen. "So I tried a little Freddie, I've gone identity mad," he sang on Grace Kelly, which appears to be about this tricky subject, albeit conveyed through the medium of doggerel.

Maybe those comparisons to Scissor Sisters, Elton and Queen are more apt, because Mika - or possibly his management - has taken note of how all their careers took a tumble in the States on account of them being too out?

Last week, Mika revealed he'd even received a death threat. "It was over whether I am gay or not. He wasn't happy that I won't talk about my personal life like that." Although such ambisexuality has historically been a key - and often thrilling - component of British pop, from the Kinks to Take That, in the Noughties being gaybe seems as dull and retro as...

Well, as Mika's music maybe?

By:Richard

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't care!:mf_rosetinted:

Geez, i mean...Is it sooooooo important to know if someone likes girls, boys or both? What are they gonna do if he is gay? Are they gonna shoot him or something:naughty: Please, let that boy keeps his relations private. Of course, I'm really courious too, but i don't care what sexuality he has.

Gaybe!:shocked:

Someone is even smarter than Einstein was:wub2: Such clever words:blush-anim-cl: New words:blush-anim-cl:

haha i love the word gaybe

but leave him be happy!! Doesn't matter if he's in love with a boy or girl...as long as he has no problems with that

i really dont care if mika is gay or not, he'll just be exactly the same in every way you could think of. why do people want too know if he is gay? what is the exact point in knowing a person, when you have to come up with a question like that? i just really do not see the point in it. too me, its seems like people who say 'is mika gay?' are wasting they're breath. my friends say this all the time and they say: 'he is, i read it in the paper. he is it said on the tv' they making it up. (i think they read it in the sun, which is basically, they make things up about the top headlines etc. going off the subgect a bit, but the sun made up a story about madeline mccan being dumped in the sea, when it wasnt true, as my mum said). so overall, i do not care if mika is gay. i will still love him.

*takes a deep breath*

Pillow talk: Mika ponders the "million dollar question".

I've just invented a new word! Gaybe. It's a portmanteau term to describe those celebrities you strongly suspect are gay, but who refuse to confirm or deny it.

Mika is currently Britain's biggest gaybe star. "I never talk about anything to do with my sexuality," he says, even though he just has, in this thick-as-a-post modern statement.

At the end of last year, I tried to set up an interview with Mika for Gay Times. The press officer said his management insisted we had to email over the questions. Apparently the boy from Beirut was too damn busy, cause he was just taking off in the States. "Well, we'd prefer to do the interview face-to-face. Shall we wait 'til he's a bit less busy?"

Weeks passed, pages flew off a calendar, but he never was. Which all seemed instructive enough in itself...

Eventually, we gave up waiting and emailed over some questions, including the obvious: "Are you gay?"

Mika's reply? "That's the million dollar question, isn't it?"

Well, yes, it is - so is there any chance of you answering it, dear?

"I just don't think I need to," he has said. "People ask me all the time. But I just don't see the point. I don't really feel that it's necessary to know in terms of my music. Some people make records that are defined by their sexuality, but mine really are not."

Really? Reviews of Mika are always a laugh riot of euphemisms. He's invariably described as "camp" (nudge nudge) and "flamboyant" (wink wink). Just as his music is invariably compared to Scissor Sisters, Elton John and Queen. "So I tried a little Freddie, I've gone identity mad," he sang on Grace Kelly, which appears to be about this tricky subject, albeit conveyed through the medium of doggerel.

Maybe those comparisons to Scissor Sisters, Elton and Queen are more apt, because Mika - or possibly his management - has taken note of how all their careers took a tumble in the States on account of them being too out?

Last week, Mika revealed he'd even received a death threat. "It was over whether I am gay or not. He wasn't happy that I won't talk about my personal life like that." Although such ambisexuality has historically been a key - and often thrilling - component of British pop, from the Kinks to Take That, in the Noughties being gaybe seems as dull and retro as...

Well, as Mika's music maybe?

By:Richard

Someone tell that guy to get stuffed!!! I agree with Mika! I absolutely hate those gay guys on TV who are always going on about their sexuality. Like we are bothered. At least Mika is being himself, whatever that may be. But I will just say this, one day he may have to say something. If he gets with someone, for example, and if it is a man. His fans would wish him well. The country would wish him well, and if he wanted a relationship, he would have to just say those three little words, and then, perhaps people would leave him alone.

Also, I don't believe he's worried about how he's percieved in America. They wanted to take 'Billy Brown' of the American version of the album and he refused to let them do it. Anyway, I thought America was the land of the free. Clearly, it is not.

Love today, from Marilyn

Gaybe!:shocked:

Someone is even smarter than Einstein was:wub2: Such clever words:blush-anim-cl: New words:blush-anim-cl:

I kind of like the new word. Not that I ever plan on referring to Mika as a "gaybe", but it is still a very creative word in my opinion.

It makes no difference to me which way his preferences go, but it is interesting that articles still harp on about this boring subject.

Tell me about it. How many times can you write about the same thing, especially when there is no new information to add to the subject?

this thing starts getting my nerves. is he or not gay, straight, bisexual? for me he coul be triple sexual. here on MFC we have a motto

WE DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL LOVE HIS MUSIC ALLWAYS AS LONG AS IT WOULD BE A GOOD ONE AND LOVE HIM NO MATTER WHAT. THE REAL FANS SUPPORT THEIR IDOL IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. WE COULD TALK ABOUT IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN JUST TO FILL THE SPACE ON SERVER. THIS KIND OF THREADS ARE USELESS. NO OFFENCE BUT ARE TOO MANY LIKE THIS. PEOPLE CHECK BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING IF THE ISSUE ISN'T ALLREADY DISECATE ON OTHER THREAD.

SORRY IF I OFFENSE SOMEONE BUT THIS IS MY OPINION AND I'M GONNA KEEEP IT.

""I just don't think I need to," he has said. "People ask me all the time. But I just don't see the point. I don't really feel that it's necessary to know in terms of my music. Some people make records that are defined by their sexuality, but mine really are not."" Well said mika. :D tfs

Gaybe. Hahaha, I love that!

I think Mika keeps saying he's not gay for two reasons:

1.) He doesn't want his gay fans to feel like they're not cut from the same cloth, and identify with his music.

2.) He's realized that by playing the "I don't care." card, he's actually way more talked about. If he came out at this point, it would be like "OKAY, now that we have our answer, we're going back to Robbie Williams."

He's making money off of being asexual. Which is purely genius, and I wish I would have thought of it sooner.

a friends of mine (from uruguay) says that MIka's attitude is what we call "viveza criolla"...he don't tell people about if he's gay to attract attention, especially women attention...don't know why but in the place i live, girls show more interested when a boy seems to be ambiguous...

A boy suscribed to our national thread and told us he was gay, the next day EVERYONE wanted to be his friend!! xDDDD

and if with his mystery he gets more popularity and money...well...ka-chinga!!!