Mika bans Boyzone cover

lcmlcm

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it that he didn't like their version of the song. I guess he has the right to take the song back.

And I wouldn't be so sure Boyzone has written any of their own songs, ever. :fisch:

the proof that mika doesn't do it for the money, but for his love for music :thumb_yello:

Yes, I agree. While I would have been thrilled for him to write a song for a band as obviously high profile as Boyzone, he has proved he's not in the business for the notoriety, the fame, or the money. I also think that people will soon get fed up of all these old has-beens re forming. They won't last long.

Love today, from Marilyn

• 2 weeks later...

aw, I love Boyzone, I'd say I'd certainly have loved this song recorded by them if it was written by Mika. I actually think it was a bit unfair of Mika to have put the song out there for other artists to use and then when someone decides to record it he takes his word back. Too cheesy? thats what people i know say about Mika's music, it seems to me as if he didnt see Boyzone good enough or something :mf_rosetinted:

Having watched about 30 seconds of the provided Boyzone video (it was all I could stand...sorry), I commend Mika for not allowing their version of his song to be released. He has the right.

Not to mention, the lead singer of Boyzone cannot lip-sync to save his life.:bleh:

aw, I love Boyzone, I'd say I'd certainly have loved this song recorded by them if it was written by Mika. I actually think it was a bit unfair of Mika to have put the song out there for other artists to use and then when someone decides to record it he takes his word back. Too cheesy? thats what people i know say about Mika's music, it seems to me as if he didnt see Boyzone good enough or something :mf_rosetinted:

You shouldn't forget that IT APPEARED IN THE SUN!! There might have been some truth in it but the 'cheesy' quote did not directly come from him... I think he is always very careful of what he says and I have never heard him degrade anyone.:cool:

Having watched about 30 seconds of the provided Boyzone video (it was all I could stand...sorry), I commend Mika for not allowing their version of his song to be released. He has the right.

Not to mention, the lead singer of Boyzone cannot lip-sync to save his life.:bleh:

So, how do you know that if you don't watch their videos ??

:bleh: I wouldn't because I don't :naughty:

• 4 months later...

I like Boyzone too, but somehow, I don't think they'd go well with Mika lyrics somehow... :blink:

I like Boyzone too, but somehow, I don't think they'd go well with Mika lyrics somehow... :blink:

Well, Mika is really versatile (Or whatever) and he can write a lot of different lyrics. So maybe they can go together.

I've come out of retirement just to post on this thread!!

This is hysterical! :roftl: We don't know the entire story, but he was so uncomfortable in that interview that there was obviously an issue there.

I don't expect anyone here to agree (as you shouldn't, being mika-addicts) but Mika is not that far removed from Boyzone in the cheese stakes. Big Girl???! Lollipop??!!! Obviously you lot don't think so, but generally he is perceived as a cheese ball. Trust me.

I'm not a Boyzone fan, and I know they don't write their own songs, but neither do a lot of people - Kylie, Elton, Cliff (:naughty: :naughty: ). They are who they are and they have a big fan base.

I've come out of retirement just to post on this thread!!

This is hysterical! :roftl: We don't know the entire story, but he was so uncomfortable in that interview that there was obviously an issue there.

I don't expect anyone here to agree (as you shouldn't, being mika-addicts) but Mika is not that far removed from Boyzone in the cheese stakes. Big Girl???! Lollipop??!!! Obviously you lot don't think so, but generally he is perceived as a cheese ball. Trust me.

I'm not a Boyzone fan, and I know they don't write their own songs, but neither do a lot of people - Kylie, Elton, Cliff (:naughty: :naughty: ). They are who they are and they have a big fan base.

Cheese, I grant you, but even I have to say that Mika has more talent, originality and personality than all of Boyzone and Westlife put together.

Cheese, I grant you, but even I have to say that Mika has more talent, originality and personality than all of Boyzone and Westlife put together.

without question

Ronan should never have returned to the fold. Not a fan, but slightly more credibility on his own.

but they are both cheesey (cheesy?)

im addicted to music first, before being addicted to mika and erase for instance IS actually more than cheesy, my interpretation and in any other world are cheesy too to me BUT LOLLIPOP is anything but cheesy, lollipop is perfect, lollipop is the PERFECT POWER POP SONG

im addicted to music first, before being addicted to mika and erase for instance IS actually more than cheesy, my interpretation and in any other world are cheesy too but for some reasons in any other world is very good live and my interpretation is somehow good BUT LOLLIPOP is anything but cheesy, lollipop is perfect, lollipop is the PERFECT POWER POP SONG, people who really like and know music just KNOW that. no one ever told me this song were cheesy , never, and it never crossed my mind it was. this IS perfection.

we'll agree to disagree then.

to me, my interpretation is the opposite of cheesy, just a very, very good song.

you said, 'lollipop is the perfect power pop song. People who really like and know music just KNOW that".

I guess I don't really like and know music then. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't think you can really define music that specifically. Everybody's got different opinions and genres sometimes have different definitions.

So maybe we shouldn't turn this thread into a discussion of what's cheesy and what is not, but into a celebration of how much we love Mika. :biggrin2:

I'm so glad!

:groupwave:

Mika, focus on your objectives! never ever give yourself away for money!

:wub2:

Every time you make a choice, you show that you are what we think you are at MFC: a really special powerpop guy :glasses2::blush-anim-cl::wub2:

yes and i mean it...can you technically xplain me why you dont like lollipop or why you call it cheesy,can you?

I love lollipop! Never said I didn't like it, I have sung my heart out to that song at 3 gigs.

But it IS cheesy. But as someone else said, this thread isn't actually about defining cheesiness.