Mika [video]

Ms.Mewissa<33

oh yes, you can defo share what is propaganda and what's the man.

in this respect, you shall listen to another video. below is the link, dunno if it works as it seems the artists interviews keep switching..:blink: but just look for the mika one. it's at the ema and though half of it is just gk video, he also says smt about how he does it all to have fun (which is not totally true again o.c.) but it sums up quite a bit his attitude towards life.

he also points out how much of the road life is just not for him. mind ya, we all knew it, didn't we? must not be fun, at least for me either, thought he correctly says there's some artist for whom the road life is half of the fun of touring.

http://www.side2.no/musikk/article1420138.ece

Another great interview! Wow, we are getting spoiled today. :wub2:

Thanks for the link, Avoca! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a little unwanted unecessary analysis, but still it's a free world, so I post it anyway :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

i think the trouble with us (starts in a robbie williams' song mode :biggrin2: ) is that we can't see sometimes (I say WE meaning whoever feels part of this. I don't at times, but some of us do all the time and some of us do sometimes. I occasionally drop into it like everyone, i am human after all..:mf_rosetinted: ).. I was saying, we cannot see sometimes he's an exceptionally talented, fairly MUCH goodlooking man, very very good at dealing with people (meaning he's a special allure about him and no one can deny that, whether they fancy him or not..),

BUT

he's a person. and like for everyone of us on this globe, there are different aspects of his personality. we are different from moment to moment (not meaning we are schizofrenic o.c.) but our personality is made of a multitude of characteristics every and each of them truly OURS.

and moreover, we can be different re. who sees /talks with us.. cause it's also a matter of perspective and expectations the others have in our regards.

so there's not only an official mika (he's a show biz man, never forget this, it's to be like this!) and a "true" mika, a sincere mika, an innocent mika, a naughty one considering whom he talks with, how he feels like, where he's being interviewed/talked to and stuff..

there's only 1 mika and all the above fit into this. it's like that (in different matters) for all of us. that's how a person is.

P.S. I am uncertain.. should I refer to him as mika, mica or michael..? :blink::mf_rosetinted:

christine, thx for the interview, will watch it soon.

I know he´s not schizo, but in the stage he´s in some way and in the world he´s someone different..It´s part of his personality: outrageous on stage, shy & calm on "earth". I only say Mika and Mica to make the things more clear, that´s all ;)

I know he´s not schizo, but in the stage he´s in some way and in the world he´s someone different..It´s part of his personality: outrageous on stage, shy & calm on "earth". I only say Mika and Mica to make the things more clear, that´s all ;)

I actually never referred the schizo part to smt other than my own words, cause the explanation was quite long and twisted and I kinda joked with the whole post identity thing.

I didn't even wrote post re. to yours, to be honest. :biggrin2:

i think he's both things. the more "look at me, everybody" part of himself is what emerges when he's on stage. it's like that with every artistic person (someway, painting, singing, dancing, acting and stuff) and performer either.

finally i can watch the vid at home :biggrin2:

what means he dun want to talk about it...

this makes me want to know more.....:boxed:

isn't there some rumour before he also wrote songs for westlife?

is it a make up again? :mf_rosetinted:

and is Ronan keating still their manager? :roftl:

so there's not only an official mika (he's a show biz man, never forget this, it's to be like this!) and a "true" mika, a sincere mika, an innocent mika, a naughty one considering whom he talks with, how he feels like, where he's being interviewed/talked to and stuff..

yay....he can be so nice and funny on one question , then become defensive and serious on next question , haha..........

finally i can watch the vid at home :biggrin2:

what means he dun want to talk about it...

this makes me want to know more.....:boxed:

isn't there some rumour before he also wrote songs for westlife?

is it a make up again? :mf_rosetinted:

and is Ronan keating still their manager? :roftl:

yay....he can be so nice and funny on one question , then become defensive and serious on next question , haha..........

like everybody else :mf_rosetinted:

i agree, he's on make up in this interview, but it's very common for tv airing. he's lip gloss imo. it fits him splendid :mf_rosetinted:

I suppose everyone's allowed to change their minds...so now escapism is not a dirty word...or is it???:blink:

It's not a dirty word but I always thought his non-escapism talk was nonsense. His insistence that his music is not escapism was part of his propaganda, like saying that his problem with rap videos is that they are not realistic. Now that he's making videos where he's flying in outer space and singing with disembodied hands it makes all that Mika-speak about hyperreality sound even more absurd.

I respect the fact that Mika often keeps the private parts of his persona under lock and key, safe from public scrutiny. I also admire the skill he has in giving interesting interviews where he sounds thoughtful and has strong convictions about his musical vision. But he's been saying a lot of the same stuff for a year now and it's wearing thin. Much of it no longer makes sense and I don't think he should be building a defensive wall to talk about his music the way he does with his personal life.

I don't see anything wrong with saying you don't like rap videos because they are uncreative and sleazy or that Boyzone is not the kind of act he wants to squander his song-writing skills on.

I like seeing him cut loose or caught off guard revealing his real opinions, instead of trying to spin everything to fit with his marketing schtick from January.

Love the interview :thumb_yello: Its not youtubed yet?

I uploaded it but the quality was so bad I had to take it down. :thumbdown:

It's not a dirty word but I always thought his non-escapism talk was nonsense. His insistence that his music is not escapism was part of his propaganda, like saying that his problem with rap videos is that they are not realistic. Now that he's making videos where he's flying in outer space and singing with disembodied hands it makes all that Mika-speak about hyperreality sound even more absurd.

I respect the fact that Mika often keeps the private parts of his persona under lock and key, safe from public scrutiny. I also admire the skill he has in giving interesting interviews where he sounds thoughtful and has strong convictions about his musical vision. But he's been saying a lot of the same stuff for a year now and it's wearing thin. Much of it no longer makes sense and I don't think he should be building a defensive wall to talk about his music the way he does with his personal life.

I don't see anything wrong with saying you don't like rap videos because they are uncreative and sleazy or that Boyzone is not the kind of act he wants to squander his song-writing skills on.

I like seeing him cut loose or caught off guard revealing his real opinions, instead of trying to spin everything to fit with his marketing schtick from January.

I agree with you completely! He's much more interesting when he's being opinionated. I know that, as an artist, he is probably obligated, or feels obligated as a person whether he admits to it or not, to guard his opinions. He is human, and agreeing with you about the "uncreative" and "sleazy" rap videos thing, I cannot imagine that anyone would sit on the couch watching MTV and think, "I hate this because it's so unrealistic. People don't dress like that!" Instead, they think, "What kind of crap is that? Can they not do anything better for that song?" His videos aren't exactly realistic, either. It's nice to see him have an actual opinion and dislike something for the same reasons that other people don't like them. I think that's the reason that the Boyzone thing didn't bother me a bit. He has every right to not want a version of a song that HE wrote to be released because he doesn't like it. That is real. I sure as hell wouldn't want someone to release a song with my name on it that I hated.

just a little unwanted unecessary analysis, but still it's a free world, so I post it anyway :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

i think the trouble with us (starts in a robbie williams' song mode :biggrin2: ) is that we can't see sometimes (I say WE meaning whoever feels part of this. I don't at times, but some of us do all the time and some of us do sometimes. I occasionally drop into it like everyone, i am human after all..:mf_rosetinted: ).. I was saying, we cannot see sometimes he's an exceptionally talented, fairly MUCH goodlooking man, very very good at dealing with people (meaning he's a special allure about him and no one can deny that, whether they fancy him or not..),

BUT

he's a person. and like for everyone of us on this globe, there are different aspects of his personality. we are different from moment to moment (not meaning we are schizofrenic o.c.) but our personality is made of a multitude of characteristics every and each of them truly OURS.

and moreover, we can be different re. who sees /talks with us.. cause it's also a matter of perspective and expectations the others have in our regards.

there's only 1 mika and all the above fit into this. it's like that (in different matters) for all of us. that's how a person is.

P.S. I am uncertain.. should I refer to him as mika, mica or michael..? :blink::mf_rosetinted:

christine, thx for the interview, will watch it soon.

I agree avoca - it's so tempting to analyse him isn't it and question his every word, and his inconsistencies, etc etc but it's important to remember he is human and fallible and still very young - and even when you are older, you still are allowed to change your mind on things, or evolve your views, or even modify your personality as you gain more experience in life.

Poor Mika, we do analyse him too much sometimes! I'm as guilty as anyone else of this.:boxed: Poor bloke. He's doing a great job really all things considered!

I uploaded it but the quality was so bad I had to take it down. :thumbdown:

I think the biggest problem he's encountering in the long term reality of dealing with the music business, his fans and the world at large is that the package that he and his family/friends put together was so carefully worked out right down to his biograpghy...(we've heard the....."I was born in Beruit in 1983..........a hundred times now) that it didn't allow for a natural growth in how he is percieved as his fame grows nor does it allow for the worlds reaction to him and his 'project'.

It must be very hard to be relaxed and open when you know everyone is waiting for you to reveal the tinest morsel from your personal life but as Christine says he needs to be less defensive about the music and react more spontaneously to the questions he's being asked. He's got the basics in that he interviews very well...........but he needs to show more of his personality (ie his humour, playfulness, drive, perfectionism, intellect, culture) rather than sticking to the script than has been decided on for his launch.

I recall him saying that he didn't want to talk about his sexuality so early in his career which would inicate that he realises that the 'Mika' he shows to the world will change as he becomes more widely known........it just seems that he's struggling with how to achieve it when the fame has come so quickly.

Saying all of this if every interviewer didn't feel that they had to ask 'THE QUESTION' it would help him relax no end!!! I do feel for him. :blink: