Blue Sky

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see all coming back to the fold :thumb_yello:

Youhouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you're back mate! Can't wait for your report as well as the others'!!!

Thanks everybody for their reports/pictures/links to reports posted elsewhere.

Okkkk so this is mine ...

<remember I had a bad hangover>

We stood outside in the pouring rain and everyone was pretty much there at the front , the rain was so heavy I went away and watched the football with others :biggrin2:

So outside as usual andy , richard ??? came and vidoed us then Wendo and Jem got videod about the offfial MFC book ... all on camera :thumb_yello:

Great job Wendo .. as many know she is un a wheelchair and the effort put in really deserves a huge applause .. I thought you were lovely btw :biggrin2:

So into the concert , usual for me.. was amazing!!! .... Glasgow was in a real party party mood:punk:

Outside we all met him he signed the competition thing ............

As usual nice to meet the amazing people I have met before and all the new :biggrin2:

Just a few mention ....

Wendo .. a star the MFC official thing was amazing and I loved the fact that Mika talked about it after and knew said .. ohhh is this the official MFC book :biggrin2:

Jem : Everyone needs to hear that laugh ....such a bubbly lovely person

Kath , Mika Mad , Robi , Mitrilla , Greta , Allegra ... lovely to meet you all again ..... where are we going next !!!

Sara / Mikas_Gal07 .. thanks for the stonking hangover :wink2:

Leighhogson .. sorry Scotland lost . I though you were amazing!!!

Girlintheblue.. lovely lovely xx thanks for getting me back home

Babs ... your not nasty at all .. what a lovely warm person .... Sunday dinner with Kata this week

Rak1 ... sorry we didnt get you a kilt .. OI theres the penguin!! haha .. Iloved the way you were still dancing at 3 Friday night!

Sorry if Ive missed anyone , the MFC is amazing!!!!!

xx

*screams*

Everyone's little reports were amazing... I wish I could have been there:blush-anim-cl:

It touches my heart to see that he got the petition book and that my little sig. was a part of it!

p.s. Does anyone know if he's been given hints about the big fan book he will receive yet?

If not, don't worry about it...you guys had alot on your minds:wink2:

lots of love,

melanie

Meeting so many MFCers was a s good as aticipated, it really was! We had such high expectations for the weekend and they were certainly surpassed!

From the moment that we all started to meet up at lunch time on Friday it just got better and better.

As expected...we all got on brilliantly and it was just as if we had all known each other forever. I am sure that the other people in the restaurant thought that we were a group of old friends meeting up as all the greetings were so warm

We had a good night on Friday...at the Chinese resatuarnt...who were stupid enough to play Love Today not once but twice.....strangly the restaurant was quite empty as we left! I was amonst the group that headed back to the hotel before the bar...and we sat in one of the rooms chatting away as Oldlings do on a Friday night . Oh...I nearly forgot...there was , of course, plenty of chicken on the menu.....at the resaturant!:naughty:

On Saturday it was all a bit of a nightmare trying to get to the venue. It was peeing it down. Of course, the Scotland /Italy match did not make life any easier. We had been told that the four cabs that I had ordered for three would probably be late but after 45 mins we decided to give up:thumbdown:

We just left the order at one (which is another story!) and the rest of us (not Wendi Jem and Bab) took the tube. We arrived about four and statred to queue in the torrential rain!

We were told what time Mika's plane was due and we hoped to be able to catch him to relieve ourselves of our gifts and to tell him about Wendi as unfortunatly she had not made it by then.

Anyway...just after five Mika did indeed arrive in a car with his mum and Andy/Richard/Terry.

On the basis that the bag in which the 'Mika teddy bear with tartan trousers on' was empty I assumed that I had indeed given it to Mika...but as usual...I can't really remember doing so.......... The usual 'jelly brain' set in!

I remember watching Mika talking to other people though! (Carri/Robi/and a guy...Holy Johnny? can't quite remember!

We did get absolutly DRENCHED in the queue....it was very miserable as everytime a bus went by (and plenty of football coached did) we got even more soaked!

However....the singing helped and it seemed to pass quite quickly really.

Jon (Mika's manager) said 'Why am I not surprised that you are first in line' as he walked by...I think I might wear a mask next time....it might improve my looks anyway!

Inside.........oh we were told not to run...and security were placed strategically to prevent us from doing so...we were told that we would be sent back if we did...............I have never 'walked' so fast in my life...and nearly got sent back!

It seemed so different to my last gig in Oslo...well, it was...after all...I was resting my arm on the stage there!!!

The security gap was HUGE

However...we were at the front so it was as good as it could be...and believe me...it was GOOD!b

As others have said...it was an AMAZIIIIING performance..........Queenie!

Mika's energy seemed to know no bounds...he was like a dynamo with duracell back up

He was totally incredible. There was actually very little to link the show last night form the one that we saw at the ABC in Glasgow in February..He has come SO far ..it really was like another world. I love all the elements of the new show...The new Holy Johnny format (especially with the man himself! ),

Missionary Man...........and I LOVE Saranayde...............and I don't think it is possible for me to love Love Today anymore than I already do............but I seem to do so everytime!

The atmosphere in the place was ROCKING!!!!!!

And Mika's face when he holds the microphone out just gets better and better!

Ok.........afterwards....I relieved Jemma of wheelchair pushing as she needed to go and rest her feet in the puddle...poor love.

We waited outside in the rain........again...I don't actually know how long we waited but it didn't seem too long. I suppose that once one is chilled through to the bone it is difficult to tell!

When Mika came out he was indeed a delight. He seemed to spend quite a long time (given the conditions) talking to people and signing. I was really pleased that Deb, Tootch and Charlie all got to speak to him and give him gifts given that they had travelled SO far.

But of course, Wendi giving him the petition was the absolute highlight but I will leave that for her to report. It was great though and we were all SO happy that it turned out well for her...she had put SO much work into it. And it was beautiful.

However...another of my favourite moments was when Bab suggested that Mika may think we were 'slightly obsessive' Surely not!!!

We somehow managed to get back to the hotel. I didn't have many clothes on by this point :blink: Poor Sarhlou was really suffering so I had given her my coat...although she moned that it was wet :shocked: and for some reason as I crossed a very busy raod and was pushing Wendi's chair so I didn't have a free hand my trousers decided to fall dwon :shocked:

Anyway...we eventually got back...clothes and all and Wendi Carri Sarahlou and I ended up in bed together in our room:thumb_yello:

All in all it was an incredible weekend!

Love you all MFC x

Okkkk so this is mine ...

<remember I had a bad hangover>

So into the concert , usual for me.. was amazing!!! .... Glasgow was in a real party party mood:punk:

Outside we all met him he signed the competition thing ............

As usual nice to meet the amazing people I have met before and all the new :biggrin2:

Just a few mention ....

Wendo .. a star the MFC official thing was amazing and I loved the fact that Mika talked about it after and knew said .. ohhh is this the official MFC book :biggrin2:

Jem : Everyone needs to hear that laugh ....such a bubbly lovely person

Kath , Mika Mad , Robi , Mitrilla , Greta , Allegra ... lovely to meet you all again ..... where are we going next !!!

Sara / Mikas_Gal07 .. thanks for the stonking hangover :wink2:

Leighhogson .. sorry Scotland lost . I though you were amazing!!!

Girlintheblue.. lovely lovely xx thanks for getting me back home

Babs ... your not nasty at all .. what a lovely warm person .... Sunday dinner with Kata this week

Rak1 ... sorry we didnt get you a kilt .. OI theres the penguin!! haha .. Iloved the way you were still dancing at 3 Friday night!

Sorry if Ive missed anyone , the MFC is amazing!!!!!

xx

HEY YOU!!!!!!!!!! :punk:

i saw the pix!!! :naughty::das: