2007 - Mika @ Carling Academy, Newcastle, 26 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Hey guys !!

Mannnn , its taken all night to get through this thread ! LOL! im not surprised though it was an amazingggggggg gig !!! :thumb_yello: Loved the atmosphere and was sooo great to see everyone again ;) ... also was sooooo nice to meet the ones i havent yet had chance to meet , sivan , summer etc ... see you in London ! :wink2: the MFC'ers just make the gig just as amazing ... anywayyyyy i always seem to go on about the members more :naughty: .... soooo nice to meet jodi, andi and alli and everyone else , love yaz :wub2: .... thanks for all the pics guys ! waiting for sara to upload alot too , loadsa eye contact in the gig from mika , was lovely chatting to the band ! i loved how martin told sara he loved the pic of her and luke on her myspace and i was the one that photoshopped it ! LOL!! shows how much they notice people myspaces ;) (of course i told martin i was the photoshopper LOL!! )... all in all amazing gig and amazing people all of you ! ... off to bed now night ! :thumb_yello: xxx

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did my bit! :roftl:

I took not one but 2 pics of Charlie with him in Glasgow, cause the first one wasn't perfect :roftl: AND I didn't ask for one myself......I think I now deserve a SUPER Mika pic where he's hugging me tightly :naughty:

I know!

I'm always the same.........I have to make do with appearing in his video with him! :naughty:

Seriously though, when they say no pictures I just leave it then get jealous when I see everyone else's fab cozy piccies on here! :sneaky2:

The thing is that when people ask him directly for a picture he seems to say "oh go on then but make it quick!"

Sigh.........we are obviously not pushy enough!!

I know!

I'm always the same.........I have to make do with appearing in his video with him! :naughty:

Seriously though, when they say no pictures I just leave it then get jealous when I see everyone else's fab cozy piccies on here! :sneaky2:

The thing is that when people ask him directly for a picture he seems to say "oh go on then but make it quick!"

I've been wanting to ask you about the video (sort of). I was wondering if Mika mimed along to "Big Girl" while shooting the video, or did he actually sing along? (sorry this is totally random haha)

Thanks everyone for the reports and pics. I'm enjoying living vicariously through everyone else's experiences and hoping that by next year it will be me!

I've wondered a bit about the photos thing. Is it pushy to ask? I've never really been a pushy person, pretty sure I could make myself do it if I needed to, but would be afraid of offending or being refused.

I will admit to be envious of things that none of the rest of you can control. Like the fact that Mika is home and happy to be home and that affects his performance, that he's now part way through this tour and well and truly warmed up and has momentum going, like the fact that those of you who live locally (by that i mean England i guess) and have seen him many times are known by him and the band and have a rapport. I can't change those things either, but they make me sad :sad:

See, that's the problem I would have. I don't think that I could ask him for it, because he doesn't generally seem to enjoy it. To be honest, I would rather not have a photo with him or just an "in action" photo than ask him for a posed photo and him act kind of annoyed about it.

Mariposa texted me at 4am haha I woke up and she told me that it was great and the thing about the I Phone

I woke you up?! sorry :boxed:

:fisch: didnt really sleep last night...had to get up at 5:30 am anyway lol, that's why I am super hyper right now.

IMG_2829-1.jpg

great costume!

I forgot to mention Sivan's creation! WOW! :thumb_yello:

I second that! I lookes amazing!

Ok, finally I managed to upload my pix...The quality isn't as great as some of the pix already posted, but some of them are still ok I think.

Palladium - they were great!

HPIM4273.jpg

HPIM4274.jpg

me and my friends

HPIM4275.jpg

heya! well i would love other people to have a picture with him and be happy.. i dont think if i take a pic with him it means that others wont? :blink:

I actually believe it does. He's not "available" for a long time after the gigs these days, so it's only the few and the lucky who get more than a "thanks for signing my stupid item" across, let alone a picture - those of us who have met him a billion times already could perhaps wait a bit and just say hello, instead of monpolising his time - it's nice to meet him and it would be lovely to have a picture and a kiss and a personal invite to his next dinner party every time, but it's quite egoistic to ask for that much when we already got so much and some didn't get the chance...

I actually believe it does. He's not "available" for a long time after the gigs these days, so it's only the few and the lucky who get more than a "thanks for signing my stupid item" across, let alone a picture - those of us who have met him a billion times already could perhaps wait a bit and just say hello, instead of monpolising his time - it's nice to meet him and it would be lovely to have a picture and a kiss and a personal invite to his next dinner party every time, but it's quite egoistic to ask for that much when we already got so much and some didn't get the chance...

*makes mental note of not adding to siggy if gets another pic with Mika* :naughty:

*will only act determined, forceful, and bold to get Mika pics and/or video recording when handing him the "Year in Cartoon Motion Yearbook" him, as delegated* :biggrin2:

I actually believe it does. He's not "available" for a long time after the gigs these days, so it's only the few and the lucky who get more than a "thanks for signing my stupid item" across, let alone a picture - those of us who have met him a billion times already could perhaps wait a bit and just say hello,

i would never call my item stupid! :fisch::naughty: i was looking forward to meeting you in doncaster ... obviously London :thumb_yello::wink2:

Ok, I think these are the best ones...

Gald you like them! :wink2:

If you want to have a look at all the pix I took, I uploaded them all on facebook.

part 1

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13820&l=fa0b2&id=653747378

part 2

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13822&l=c46aa&id=653747378

thx 4 the link. i cant sleep so it will give me something to look at:thumb_yello:

me and my friends

HPIM4275.jpg

mariposa... i wanted to tell u....your friend is SO cute...im kinda inlove :wub2: whats his name? i wanted to talk to him more...he was so sweet but with all the MIKA maddness going on i couldnt.... tel him i say hi :) he was realy nice :)

I actually believe it does. He's not "available" for a long time after the gigs these days, so it's only the few and the lucky who get more than a "thanks for signing my stupid item" across, let alone a picture - those of us who have met him a billion times already could perhaps wait a bit and just say hello,

i would never call my item stupid! :fisch::naughty: i was looking forward to meeting you in doncaster ... obviously London :thumb_yello::wink2:

I heard you asked him to sign a skanky beermat from the pub across the road, that is of course one of the items noone would dare to call stupid :mf_rosetinted:

I heard you asked him to sign a skanky beermat from the pub across the road, that is of course one of the items noone would dare to call stupid :mf_rosetinted:

skanky beer mat :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: you crack me up !