The Hammersmith Apollo Thread

CazGirl

some great pics and accounts guys, I have a few group MFC flag pics too but I aint got em off my camera yet as I havn't had the time.

Well here is MY account of the days events.

got up in good time, spent too long getting ready so had to drive to the train station like a loony on speed cursing how we were gonna miss the train and it would all be my fault. Dumped the car in a street as it was the exact time the train was to leave and legged it with massive cases and st0ofs across the road over the foot bridge up the station and to the platform nearly having a heart attack and realizing that I must join a gym again.

It was with complete joy and relief to find out our train was 6 mins late or we would have missed it and it would have cost us not only the 120 quid train fares already but more than double that each to have had to get the next train.

We had fun on the train listening to Mika through our mp3 players while I tried to calm my heart rate down lol. (oh we saw Daisy Lou on the platform too as she was also going, but she was in a different carriage).

We arrived at Kings Cross at about 12.30 legged it to buy an Oyster and made our way to the Bebo office off Carnaby street to pic up the gig tickets Vix had won doing her lollipop girl dance thing for that.

The girl gave us the tickets and said wait here a min (we were hoping she might come back and say she could have the the FULL prize of dancing with Mika onstage and meeting them all or even just VIP but that was not to be she just said it's ok thats all).

So we got the tube to Parsons Green to my sons sess pit...er I mean student flat where we were gonna be sleeping after the gig. so that took a while and we walked to his flat after we got on and off a few tubes to get there.

We got changed etc I went to make myself a cup of tea and changed my mind when I saw a pan of manky brown water near his sink with a sock half in half out :puking:and text him saying "thank you for leaving us some sock stew but we have already eaten" he was confused about this comment at the time lol.

anyway we legged it back on a few tubes to Hammersmith and tried to dart across the road when we saw the Apollo and Mika's name and just as we arrived Jemms said "it's been cancelled" and I could tell by the mascara running down her face that she was not fibbing me, his manager was still there getting arms ful of goodies for Mika off the fans and we had just missed his phone call (dam and drat it).

It was an odd feeling, sorta despondent, it's like you know it's true but you don't want to believe it and I kept thinking sooner or later they would announce he was miraculously better and it would all be fine.

so stood around meeting MFCers some I had met before some I hadn't, I remember feeling really sorry for Caz cos I had seen him at 3 fantastic gigs already in the past week or so and this was her only one this tour and that she had managed to get to be nearish to the front too.

Anyway the band came out we had pics with them (I thought it was hilarious when Caz was having her pic with Luke and he went on tip toes to be even bigger, made me giggle out loud lol).

Had pics with quite a few of the MFC signed teh MFC flag had pics with it.

Chatted to Saranayed and vix told her how she is doomed where Mika competitions are concerned cos she has won 2 and 1st one they messed up the dates so she couldn't go and 2nd one they changed the prize after she had won then it was postponed :blink: she's lovely Saranayed, like Cherisse, a really sweet person. In fact they all seem such canny folks.

Anyway after quite some time and some pics later and smirkiing to myself when the glow sticks fella just snapped all his glow sticks then wondered why all the Mika's fans were walking off, then looked up to see the big POSTPONED sign (sorry it just made me smirk):naughty: well then everyone was walking towards teh pub and since I don't know London well I thought Vix and I would go back to the sess pit....I mean my sons student flat (remember the Young Ones? well it's just like that in there), anyway we went back to see my son as I hardly ever see him now he lives in London and we went to a pub for a some fewds and a drinkie.

Yeah it felt really bad that Mika had HAD to cancel and I know he wont have done it lightly, I did well not to get upset and to make use of the now spare time by spending it with my son. I did consider hunting down Mikas house but it was dark and London is big place lol. (nah not really).

As has been said, the blow was lessened by the tactful way it was handled, the notice going up, the personal message on the phone (that I just missed grrrrr hope someone DOES post it), the band coming out to chat to us and have pics, all that helped ease the pain.

I don't mind if Mika doesn't perform 100% spot on every gig cos every gig I have been to has been special for different reasons and I just love the atmosphere. (wish I could have been to the 2 where he brought out the little Mika-giggle bear we gave him though, has anyone got any pics, vids etc on this cos we weren't there).

Also I would rather not see him at all than see him suffering with his health at a gig because he puts soooo much effort into his performances that it's not surprising that occasionally it gets the better of him when his immunity is down.

Both Vix and I have got lergies from all the queueing for hours in the cold then going into hot places and jumping bout like loonies then queueing outside again in the cold, it's just THAT time of year aint it.

That reminds me, In February.....:shocked: it might SNOWWWW!!!!!!!

ps pix to follow maybe tomorrow or firday

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss you too. I cried all the way home last night (I got some really strange looks) and Mika was on my ipod so I cried more. :tears:

Love you too!

I know , i cried on the way home too :tears: ... i cant wait until february though babe , we'll be all reunited again soon :biggrin2: and cant wait for part 6 of you story :wink2::huglove: x

awwww hi girls...*hugs*

we all get the deepression feeling i think now....

i want u all back!!!! come to LA!!!!! tomorrow 10am!!!! at the airport! see u there!;)

ok, I'll be there!!! *runs to the airport* :naughty:

OOOOOOOOOOOOH!! Our little "happy ending thingies"!!!

And Petra, stop beoing so silly:sneaky2: , you look fantastic in all the pics.

Arg, it was so nice meeting everyone again, and meeting for the first time the ones I had not met yet, I am already missing you all!!

Roll on Feb!!!:punk:

oh please!

:shocked: *runs off* :shocked:

:naughty:

The story in four pictures:

img9149vq0.jpg

how nice was that !! i saw a photo that lily allen's show was among all gay nights. I think she is gay, she just doesn't want to admit it. Kate Nash is gay too. That's why they keep whining and cursing their boyfriends. I think they'd make a very sweet gay couple and live happily together.

Wow! I didn't think you could see me in those group pictures as I was in the background and there were taller people in front of me... But you can actually see my eyes if you look closely. :biggrin2:

I didn't speak to the band members excluding Luke because there were so many people there. I'm not the kind of a person who keeps pushing until she gets what she wants. :roftl: I wish I was braver. I wanted them all to sign my DVD, but I only got Luke to do it, because he was there first. Oh well, there will always be next time.

I got a pic with Luke and had a great conversation about Finland - twice actually. :naughty: He said that he loves Finland and he's been to Helsinki! :shocked::thumb_yello:

hello, survivors!!! :punk::biggrin2:

got home last nite late and today started new full time job.. I feel like andy in devil wears prada.. *fakes miranda's voice* "emily, call patriiiiiickkkk for me...." :shocked:

anyways, I'll be probably little online till I get used used to the new daily life organisation.

have NO idea whatsoever of what's been posted and what are the news. :blink:

it's been an INCREDIBLY SURREAL couple of days, meant in the best possible way.

once again, I adore london! :wub2:

I LOVED meeting everyone and seeing again the ones I had met before and the party without mika nite SOOOOOOOOOOO rocked!!!! :punk::biggrin2:

I really love this one. The chap in his one minute of fame!! :lol3:

he seems to be nice and very sweet

i've no idea when he was putting on the sign

i must be busy talking to others

i really want to find the lady got me my coffee and say thank you, she is really kind and nice and when the show cancelled she said: good, i can go and see my parents now. i think she is british but lives in france.

hello, survivors!!! :punk::biggrin2:

hello sweetie! i dont know if you managed to take it in, but i placed your message underneath your daughter's! :biggrin2:

It was great meeting you for about two minutes :roftl:

Caz, (sounds weird saying my own nick name lol!) sorry I didn't say HI to you in the queue! I actually didnt recognise who you were until the last minute :roftl:

Hi .. just wanted to say it was really nice to meet everyone the other day and getting together afterwards really helped with the disappointment .. roll on February! :)

Hi Luche !!!:wub2:

Was so nice meeting you !!!:biggrin2:

I just read Mika's new blog (about tickets going on sale again)... Does that mean the original tickets aren't valid?

i was wondering that myself, but they SHOULD be valid. the gig was postponed - not cancelled.

Maybe some people have refunded already and need seats filled up or something.

EDIT: this is CazGirl here. If you want to know why im signed in as this, see my signature and then look in the chinwag section!

some great pics and accounts guys, I have a few group MFC flag pics too but I aint got em off my camera yet as I havn't had the time.

Hi Sparkly, did you see that I put your name on the flag for the Apollo? I didn't know you'd be galivanting down to London!

Sorry Mika was ill, glad you met the band. I didn't know you had a son as well as a Bumblebee. Good excuse to meet him.

hello sweetie! i dont know if you managed to take it in, but i placed your message underneath your daughter's! :biggrin2:

It was great meeting you for about two minutes :roftl:

Caz, (sounds weird saying my own nick name lol!) sorry I didn't say HI to you in the queue! I actually didnt recognise who you were until the last minute :roftl:

hi, caz! :biggrin2: I actually didn't see ya till the very end, when we were all out speaking with the band. I was rushing all over the place to get the card signed for melissa and to speak with all band and get pics. I also got pics for other mfc'ers so it took up quite alot of time..

sorry, I'd have loved to say hi a better way. :boxed:

I didn't see cherisse's book, but I'm so pleased you manage to squeeze in my card too! :punk: actually after I spoke to cherisse I'm even more pleased you managed that, cause she's SO lovely, like everybody else! :punk:

hi, caz! :biggrin2: I actually didn't see ya till the very end, when we were all out speaking with the band. I was rushing all over the place to get the card signed for melissa and to speak with all band and get pics. I also got pics for other mfc'ers so it took up quite alot of time..

sorry, I'd have loved to say hi a better way. :boxed:

I didn't see cherisse's book, but I'm so pleased you manage to squeeze in my card too! :punk: actually after I spoke to cherisse I'm even more pleased you managed that, cause she's SO lovely, like everybody else! :punk:

hey sweetheart! i dunno if you saw in the gift books thread, but here it is all the same:

Hey you! ;-0

I got my book safe and sound and i just want to say....................... thank you soooooo much for it! :-) its absolutely amazing! ;-) it must have taken you ages so i just want you to know i appreciate it and it really means alot! that is def one of the best presents i have ever gotten so thank you again!!! :-) i dont know what to say now apart from..... ***THANK YOU!!!! *** hehe :-P

Sorry again about the cancelled shows but at least theyve been rescheduled eh! Hope you have a lovely christmas and will be seeing you in feb, wooo! Chat to ya soon!

lots of love...

Cherisse

xx

:wub2:

I'll try and post my pics when possible. I'd some GRRRREAT time at the mfc party without mika!!! :naughty:

even got some people on the phone I wanted to speak to for ages. really a treat, and o.c. I'm not only speaking about mika's call :biggrin2:

mfc'ers are really too many to mention, but it was LOVELY to finally meet jemma, sara, rose, sivan, christine and suzy, satu, and many many more!

allegra, I so enjoyed talking to you lots more this time!

kata, babs, em, you're the wicked trio: love ya heaps! :wub2:

queen, greta, jen, giulietta, hope we'll see each other again soon.

marianne and sienna, it was very nice to see ya live either! same goes for rebeka. you're just hype! :naughty: LMAO

martin and all the band were SOOOOO lovely.. I had the greatest time finally speaking with them! and martin loved my outfit, bless him. :biggrin2: and I said thx to luke, finally.... :wub2:

what a nite! :mf_rosetinted: