Mika's Personal Life

lollipop_monkey

I seriously just quoted, I think it was Kates, and was typing up this theory about that exact thing, and then decided not to post it.

I think that it's very likely that this could be the case. I think that EVERYONE, at a certain point in their life questions their sexuality, no matter if they have been living a gay or straight life. There's always a time, usually in your teens, where you start to feel a bit of a pull toward the gender that you don't usually go for, and then you stop and assess yourself and, maybe not experiment, but at least explore it more, until you find out more and then can settle on a sexuality. This song is obviously about sexual identity, not a "midlife crisis" like Mika has always said but possibly a sexual crisis. It's about living one way and then going off another way, but coming back to where you started, as Billy Brown starts off straight, has a gay affair and then goes and finds another woman, shed of the "burden of his mind," which could have been his sexual questioning.

Ahh yes! I forgot how he turns out straight again:naughty: Which makes me think he was sexually confused at one point in his life.. the thing is though, in the end of the song the last verse is "Then Bill Brown fell in love with another man".. ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not speaking for the mods, but i think the mods are just afraid of mika getting mad at their fan club which they want to be official, which makes them paranoid. i would be the same way, but that doesnt mean they shouldnt calm down. i dont know, im just saying what i think they think.

If Mika hydes his sexuality so as to preserve his fans, he is naive.... because we still are there!! And I think he knows that! Actually, Journalists have made a scene about his sexual orientation because he has a high-pitched voice!!! From now on, he doesn't feel the urgency to justify himself!!!! For sure, he sets up an ambiguity.... but I don't think he is gay!... Once again I assure you, I'm not looking for a good conclusion for my fairytales!

I put my message in bold type, because I want to shout... I've the impression that none of you hear me!!!:sneaky2:

I hear you!!!!

I heard you :D, sorry...but what does naive means?=

Naive just means that someone is...

*tries to think of how to explain naive*

It's when you're sort of innocent with how you think. If Mika is naive, it means he doesn't expect the horrible things people think/say about him.

Ahh yes! I forgot how he turns out straight again:naughty: Which makes me think he was sexually confused at one point in his life.. the thing is though, in the end of the song the last verse is "Then Bill Brown fell in love with another man".. ?

HOLY CRAP, I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT! HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!

THAT IS THE LAST LINE ISN'T IT? OH MY GOSH. :shocked:

Oh I know, this area of PA is alot like it.

I have a friend who gives me these... stupid explanations about why people we know can't be gay. She's like "OH, this guy isn't gay, because he said he wants to have kids. And gay people can't have kids!"

That's odd, some of my friends just had their second child - good noone them it's impossible :mf_rosetinted:

If Mika hydes his sexuality so as to preserve his fans, he is naive.... because we still are there!! And I think he knows that! Actually, Journalists have made a scene about his sexual orientation because he has a high-pitched voice!!! From now on, he doesn't feel the urgency to justify himself!!!! For sure, he sets up an ambiguity.... but I don't think he is gay!... Once again I assure you, I'm not looking for a good conclusion for my fairytales!

I put my message in bold type, because I want to shout... I've the impression that none of you hear me!!!:sneaky2:

I most definitely do not think that he is hiding his sexuality to "preserve his fans." Maybe it's just the way I look at things, but to me, sexuality is NOT a big deal. It's just another human trait that happens to fall under the private life category. I think that Mika is one hundred percent within his rights to keep his sexuality private if that's what he wants to do, because he doesn't want to sell himself on sexuality, like he has said. Bands and artists that "come out" are, sadly, forever known by their sexual status. George Michael is a GAY artist, Elton John is a GAY artist, the Scissor Sisters have GAY members, the Village People were GAY, and if Mika were to just come out and say, "I'm gay," like ole Lance Bass (who, of course, is now GAY Lance), he would be known as Mika, a GAY artist. I think that that is EXACTLY what he's trying to avoid, not the fact that he is gay. It's the whole, over-spoken-word called "pigeonholing."

im not speaking for the mods, but i think the mods are just afraid of mika getting mad at their fan club which they want to be official, which makes them paranoid. i would be the same way, but that doesnt mean they shouldnt calm down. i dont know, im just saying what i think they think.

Exactly, and like I said before the MODS shouldn't control what we talk about (No offence intended!) and if Mika doesn't like it he should be the one telling us, haah. Can you imagine 'Hey guys, I'm happy your fans BUT STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY PERSONAL LIFE! Thanks.' :naughty:

Naive just means that someone is...

*tries to think of how to explain naive*

It's when you're sort of innocent with how you think. If Mika is naive, it means he doesn't expect the horrible things people think/say about him.

HOLY CRAP, I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT! HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!

THAT IS THE LAST LINE ISN'T IT? OH MY GOSH. :shocked:

Oh I'm good :mf_rosetinted:

I think the problem is that in one interview, he's talking about how sexuality shouldn't be taboo. But it's like he's saying "It shouldn't be a private thing... UNLESS IT'S ME, then it's totally private."

Why you just want to put Mika in a particular case? Maybe he is neither straight... and nor gay!!:mf_rosetinted:

You understand what I mean?

Billy brown bears upon the issue of repressed desire... but Billy can repressed his homo desire because he has in both sides!!!...

Well Mika illustrates his own life through songs, I guess he is bi! What does everybody here think?

If he was, it can help things for us as well as for Perez!:bleh:

Why you just want to put Mika in a particular case? Maybe he is not straight... and not gay!!:mf_rosetinted:

You understand what I mean?

Billy brown bears upon the issue of repressed desire... but Billy can repressed his homo desire because he has in both sides!!!...

Well Mika illustrates his own life through songs, I guess he is bi! What does everybody here think?

If he was, it can help things for us as well as for Perez!:bleh:

Yeah maybe he's stuck in the middle? ;)

Exactly, and like I said before the MODS shouldn't control what we talk about (No offence intended!) and if Mika doesn't like it he should be the one telling us, haah. Can you imagine 'Hey guys, I'm happy your fans BUT STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY PERSONAL LIFE! Thanks.' :naughty:

ROFL. I wish he would do that.

And I agree. I don't have a problem with mods, I just think that people are a bit too worried about making Mika mad.

Oh I'm good :mf_rosetinted:

Freakishly good!

:lmfao::lmfao: It also just happens to be the last line of the chorus that is repeated after each verse.

Yea, but I never really thought that much about it...

Like I said, couldn't be a stalker. I don't pay enough attention.

ROFL. I wish he would do that.

And I agree. I don't have a problem with mods, I just think that people are a bit too worried about making Mika mad.

Freakishly good!

I don't think we could actually make Mika mad in the first place, he might get a little annoyed but nothing so serious that he makes us shut down the fanclub or anything..

And I know, thanks for reminding me. :mf_rosetinted::wink2:

I think the problem is that in one interview, he's talking about how sexuality shouldn't be taboo. But it's like he's saying "It shouldn't be a private thing... UNLESS IT'S ME, then it's totally private."

There's a difference between taboo and private...

If you want to talk about it, you should be allowed to talk about it, but you're allowed to lead you're own life and keep it to yourself as well. You should always have the option

thank you! i thought i was being ignored! :lmao: what else is knew?:naughty:

I don't think we could actually make Mika mad in the first place, he might get a little annoyed but nothing so serious that he makes us shut down the fanclub or anything..

I'd like to see him try.:mf_rosetinted:

He does contradic himself a lot on this subject (as with everything else :yay:), I think he most certainly must want people to speculate, he starts the speculations himself and not just by singing in a high voice as someone suggested. It's not just about gay stereotypes, or even about singing about Billy Brown. He has made a lot of choices and statements that cause people to speculate and he seems to do things for a reason, so he must want the speculation :mf_rosetinted:

Frustrating thing to me is that Billy Brown is NOT gay! He's Bi! He's married and has an affair with another man BUT when he's in Mexico he get's with another girl who has the guts to tell him that he is a "victim of the times"! Please make the effort to read the lyrics completely... that might help!

Let's face it we are in Modern Times where it doesn't matter what your sexual preference is anymore! A LOT of people are Bi nowadays. You fall in love with the person not their gender!

I really and honestly don't see the point in this ever ongoing discussion about Mika's sexuality. I think if he read all of this he'll laugh to himself saying look at them getting all worked up about something that's not even relevant!

It's normal that people wonder but that's where it should stay WE DON'T KNOW and speculating until the cows come home is not going to get us any answer what so ever!!! Mika is smart not telling, because just imagine what people's reaction would be if he did divulge his sexuality? It's already a mad house as it is! Smart guy Mika....

I really honestly don't care if he's gay, straight or bi or who knows even a virgin. Truth be told it's none of our business! And I have to say that reading the statements saying that "if Mika doesn't want to talk about his sexuality then why can't or shouldn't we?" is slightly sickening. For pete's sake, does it matter that much? NO! It doesn't and it shouldn't. If he tells us one day fine and if he doesn't fine! I'm not the one creating a big hoopla over it!

As for his family.... Leave them alone unless they are at a public venue and even then still observe your manners!! If you want a picture ask them if it doesn't bother them not if they want to pose! Like a lot of people already said, they are normal people (even Mika) with their own friends. Have some respect people, that's the key thing here. RESPECT these people, they aren't animals in a zoo you know!!! And they won't perform tricks if you throw peanuts at them!

I don't think that he "hides" his sexuality from anyone. I think that he is completely out and open in his private life, but by withholding this information from the public, he's not setting himself up to be called, "MIKA, THE GAY ARTIST." I think that his reasoning is just simply that he doesn't want to be known for being gay. He wants to be known for his music, and completely regardless to whatever some people may say, once you're "out" in the media, "gay" is never far away from your name when you're talked about. He always references Bowie when talking about such, and I understand where he's coming from. David Bowie is bi-sexual, but no one talks about that. He's just the amazing David Bowie. He never went one way when it came to references to his sexuality, just like Mika is doing, and has effectively escaped the homosexuality label.