Mika's *SORRY* - Hammersmith cancellation - Phone Call

Sivan

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Christine what's wrong with you these days, you've gone all soft on us since London. LOL.

I <3 Mika. :roftl:

Seriously it's easy to sit back on the internet and be kind of disgruntled about all his cancellations. But he really shouldn't have been performing at Brixton the night before. It was painful to watch and you realize what he has to suffer through sometimes to make sure that the show goes on.

I would have been satisfied with the formal explanation that John read out and was posted on Mika's MySpace because that's what we asked for in Blue Sky's letter. But I can't tell you what a huge difference it made to hear a personal apology like that. It was such an unexpected and thoughtful gesture and I'll never forget it.

It was too bad that half the queue decided to take off right before it happened! You can see from the video that there were only about 20 people there, but at least 40 or 50 people had shown up at the Apollo by then.

Thank you for posting the videos, Sivan. It was a sad moment, but I think we got over it rather quickly. :thumb_yello:

we did didnt we? lol

but i think only because we had eachother :) yay for the MFC! ;)

Oh yes!

Couldn't agree more!:thumb_yello:

Thanks for posting this video, Sivan! Feels like going through it once again...

But to be honest I was way too shocked and too far away (from the phone) to understand a lot...so now I could undertsand it a lot better!

Oh, and we surely had a great time afterwards :punk:

It was great that we did something together! I'll never forget it!

Awww what a good boy! Thanks for sharing Sivan...everyone from the mfc is so respectful and kind... any other "moderatley" in love "fan" would have called it BS but you all were content with just hearing his voice. I mean people who traveled from across the world had smiles on their faces...That's what makes the mfc so different...so classy:wink2:

Thanks for posting this video, Sivan! Feels like going through it once again...

But to be honest I was way too shocked and too far away (from the phone) to understand a lot...so now I could undertsand it a lot better!

Same. I could hear his voice but was completely unable to register what he was actually saying.

Awwww... that is so kind of Mika! He sounds so upset at having to cancel bless him! :wub2:

It was still light then! Was dark by the time I got there! Knew something was up as it was quiet and no queue. I thought the cab driver had taken us the wrong place! LOL!! Then looked up to see the posponed sign. I really was happy he cancelled as I also felt like crap too and wasn't sure whether I would have managed to last all night!

Anyway means I get to come to Old London Town again!.. this time I am going shopping!!! I will just wear a scarf like you did as a child when been to the dentist....anybody remember...so I don't collect any germs this time!

John is soooo sweet! I think he looks like Jerry Springer! When I had my Lollipop girl dress on he came over and asked where I had gotten it from! At the ICA he told us to have a great time! he is such a nice guy.

Did anyone see John on the JK Rowling interview over Christmas? she was discussing the movie and Universal have the rights so he was there too!

Thanks for posting this!

xx

Christine what's wrong with you these days, you've gone all soft on us since London. LOL.

hehe was thinking the same.. :fisch: didn't a certain someone posted all she cared about was to see him on stage, but she didn't care at all to see him out of stage..? :naughty: seems like since she met him in brixton things changed.. mind ya, I understand and agree completely!

I <3 Mika.

Seriously it's easy to sit back on the internet and be kind of disgruntled about all his cancellations. But he really shouldn't have been performing at Brixton the night before. It was painful to watch and you realize what he has to suffer through sometimes to make sure that the show goes on.

I would have been satisfied with the formal explanation that John read out and was posted on Mika's MySpace because that's what we asked for in Blue Sky's letter. But I can't tell you what a huge difference it made to hear a personal apology like that. It was such an unexpected and thoughtful gesture and I'll never forget it.

It was too bad that half the queue decided to take off right before it happened! You can see from the video that there were only about 20 people there, but at least 40 or 50 people had shown up at the Apollo by then.

I agree here too. the bullettin was what we never had in the summer and it was already much. john seems a pro, both as attitude and as capacity. he was just great in hammersmith! I'll never forget his kindness and care for us all! :wub2:

John is soooo sweet! I think he looks like Jerry Springer! When I had my Lollipop girl dress on he came over and asked where I had gotten it from! At the ICA he told us to have a great time! he is such a nice guy.

Did anyone see John on the JK Rowling interview over Christmas? she was discussing the movie and Universal have the rights so he was there too!

Thanks for posting this!

xx

I am lost.. was john ina program with jk rowling..? :blink: how come..?

I LOVE HP.. :biggrin2:

Nice to see he has learnt *remembers the first set of cancellations and everyone wanting some sort of apology*

That was such a bitter sweet moment. It's really nice of him to personally talk to u guys via John's phone. the text could have been enough, but he went the extra mile of personally speaking although he was obv ill :wub2: that must have been a cool experience.

Also i love the BG vid :thumb_yello: it's nice to see that u guys didn't let the cancellation dampen ur spirits...i mean obv it was upsetting, but after that apology....the way u guys handled the situation was amazing :thumb_yello:

:tears: I feel happy and sad...

Mika is so sweet for doing that!! thank you mika! we love you so much and we understand!

I'm sorry guys! *hugs* he'll be back and good as new to perform for you guys though! ♥♥♥

haha looks like you girls had fun either way!! xDD

thanks for posting sivan!

Long/Backpacker, thank you for taking the video!

Sivan, thank you for posting it for us!

Mika, thank you for your apology, I accept it!

I missed the scene from the video by some time, when I arrived at Apollo there was already that "POSTPONED" and then the woman at the ticket box told me, than Allegra told me, and then we all shared the bad news..

I`m glad I was not alone there, shared sorrow it is easier to bear..

Thank you all that were there!

Thank you Sivan...lovely to see /hear this even if my computer is playing up and I can only see it about 3 seconds at a time! It was lovely of Mika to make the call...and it must have helped a little bit although I know that you all must have been totally gutted.

It's true that the written apology would have been enough but to personally call was sweet. It's a mark of how special both Mika and his fans are: few fans would gamble the investment of flying to the other side of the world for just one gig by one artist, and few artists would appreciate that fact enough to call personally. :thumb_yello:

Was it the presents that he wanted by that evening? I can't make out what he said. If so, isn't he a tad pushy? :naughty:

I'm still pissed off that he's canceled/delayed his Australian tour yet again, though. It might even be due to the fact that the rescheduled London shows have pushed his schedule back. While I understand the circumstances, it doesn't make it any less unpleasant. :mf_rosetinted: