REPORTS/PHOTOS/ VIDEOS Vancouver, BC at the Orpheum 15-02-2008

dcdeb

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!!

I feel so stupid but my eyes all welled up when you talked about how good he was with the girl in a wheelchair. You guys know I use mine when I get tired and hate it! Mainly because of other people who don't understand! This shows what a genuinely kind, thoughtful person he is-Thanks should go to his parents and silblings here too for keeping him in check!- it is amazing how many people frown up on people with disabilities. he is so thankful that his music affects everyone and seeing his fans happy makes him happy!

I am so pleased everything has worked out for him. He deserves everything he wants in life, as there aren't many people never mind pop stars that think about others so much.

Lollipopmonkey your report is fantastic Thank you so much for sharing it you made a boring old Saturday something to smile about! :thumb_yello:

MIKA can't wait for the London gigs next week!! and Toi Toi Toi for the Brits! :roftl:

xxx

I think I am going to cry:shocked:

These reports are absolutly fantastic. In my opinion, this tour has seen the MFC get some absolutly amazing heartfelt, incredibly written reports. You have really described your experieces so poetically it has been an absolute joy to read them.

Thank you so much :wub2:

I stopped, turned to him, and looked deep into those pretty eyes, which worked since he was standing about three steps below me. :roftl:

I said to him "Mika. I really want you to know just how much you mean to us...and how deeply your music touches us, all over the world". He beamed at me, reached out, and interlaced his fingers with mine. He looked right back into my eyes and said "thank you - that means a lot to me". I smiled, he smiled, then out I went....

(one more part, if you're still interested...)

This image is amazing. Mana you are a gem. And I will have to see the one more part tomorrow, sadly, my head keeps clunking on the keyboard!!:wub2:

Thanks for all the reports and pics....still haven't heard from Elanorelle. She must be writing a book.:naughty:

Mika leans down next to the sister in the wheelchair. He asks all three if they liked the show, beaming at them the whole time. He then talked to the sister in the wheelchair - guys, there was no nervousness, no hesitancy on Mika's part when interacting with this girl. He was collected and warm and open - I've seen people in the past get nervous about interacting with someone with a barely-there disability, and this girl could barely talk - and here was Mika, interacting with her, focusing on her, without any hesitancy.

On the tray of her wheelchair were the letters A-Z. Mika noticed this - bless him! - and asked her caringly if this is how she communicates. She let out a sound that can only be described as elation and beamed at him - and he beamed right back, leaning his head on hers for a picture.

Guys, he made that girl's night, if not her year - she was over the moon, as were her sisters. What a beautful, warm, tender, brilliant young man he is. It didn't matter that she couldn't speak to him, that her way of moving isn't "normal" - he saw the effect he and his music have on her and her sisters, and devoted himself to them, even for five minutes.

Thats Beauitiful :tears:

Hes such a Lovely man for doing that...:wub2:

This image is amazing. Mana you are a gem. And I will have to see the one more part tomorrow, sadly, my head keeps clunking on the keyboard!!:wub2:

Thanks for all the reports and pics....still haven't heard from Elanorelle. She must be writing a book.:naughty:

lol she probably is... or maybe has lost all her senses!

or maybe she is still bouncing aroound!! (most likely that one!)

Oh oh oh! Is there anybody home? :fisch:

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

:cheerful_h4h: I'm so happy for you! This experience is beyond words I can tell...but to put them into words and to share them with all of us is what this place is about... taking us to where we couldn't go... helping us to forget about the regrets:blink: Your experience was good enough for us both Mana!!!

You deserve the rare "cheek to head" snap shot lol you really do!:mf_lustslow:

Maybe but it's still disturbing.

I keep wondering what I'm going to do with all this useless information in 5 years when I don't care anymore.

Blasphemy!

Guys, he made that girl's night, if not her year - she was over the moon, as were her sisters. What a beautful, warm, tender, brilliant young man he is. It didn't matter that she couldn't speak to him, that her way of moving isn't "normal" - he saw the effect he and his music have on her and her sisters, and devoted himself to them, even for five minutes.

That's when I got those two pics - LOVE THEM.

I stopped, turned to him, and looked deep into those pretty eyes, which worked since he was standing about three steps below me. :roftl:

I said to him "Mika. I really want you to know just how much you mean to us...and how deeply your music touches us, all over the world". He beamed at me, reached out, and interlaced his fingers with mine. He looked right back into my eyes and said "thank you - that means a lot to me". I smiled, he smiled, then out I went....

(one more part, if you're still interested...)

1. OH MY GOD! :tears: Major shivers! Can this man be any more wonderful?! :shocked: That is just .... :shocked::wub2:

2. Two pics? But we only saw one pic! :crybaby: Okay, continue with you reportage ... fine. Your words are creating the visuals :bleh:

3. LOL at the stairs-height fixing. And you are fantastic! You are like the Mika-fan intermediate. With brilliant speaking skills (all I would be able to manage is a high pitched "Himblemimblebimble"), and amazing writing.

4. Of course we are, you fool.

I would have loved to be the fly on the way with the whole Cherrisse trying to enter Canada thing.

Maybe Andy was there and filmed it. That would fun to see ona nother DVD.

Being American I don't know much about passports, but I'm sure there has to be something in place for situations like these. British Embassey?

Brilliant job reporting to us Lollipop-Monkey. My goodness.

Hello everyone...I will report more when I have declimatized so to speak. A huge review thoughts etc later.Last night was the most spiritual beautiful experience in my life. Something so beautiful happened I cannot put words or even speak right now. I met him. Face to face. We saw into eachother's eye and the spark of energy passed between us. I touched his right arm and before we parted he responded by touching my left arm. We spoke of giving the gifts from the Seattle concert and he was so touched by everybody. I told him what a huge inspiration he is to me..he was so bashful and tender.

The special umbrella is now with him....Andy at the Seattle concert interviewed me about fanship, joyness , fun, the umbrella and he loved it so much (Andy and MIKA love the umbrella! woow!) ,Andy interviewed me for 15 minutes and I will be featured on the next concert DVD.

Back to the love...I said to MIKA that the umbrella is for him and that also I have a stuffed chicken (really cute made of terri-cloth which I wrote MIKA on her crown) and that he was really touched and thankful. I gave him the insert of LICM and he signed it and wrote "THANK YOU XXX" as well on it. OH

"spontaneous squee!" ...umm.. Ritchie took a video of it which has Cali and her neice too meeting him. It was beautful.

More to come when I can speak in other words other than um....gah...ummm.

Love all of you from the deepness of my heart.

Love Suzanne

The crowd was nuts when I walked out - "OMG it's a lollipop girl!" I went to cross the street, and Andrew came sprinting after me. After a moment to catch my breath we went and met up with the group, who were in line to see him, where I met lilmot, DaMango and CalicoJasmine - you girls are awesome!

We milled around a bit, until they got us into a single file line. Me and the other MFCers were at the very end...until the security guard came up to us. "I have some bad news," he said. "You guys are now the front of the line".

...FRONT of the line? Whoa!

Mika came around, John in tow. He met with Elanorelle, CalicoJasmine's...neice, I think? Then CalicoJasmine herself, followed by StormyWeather.

See their meeting here:

He then came to me, which is why you see the camera go all wonky. He looked at me and went "ah, Lollipop!" and smiled. Does he ever get tired of smiling? Since I didn't get a siggy inside, I had him sign my iPod - and it actually looks like "Mika" rather than "Mel" or any variation thereof that we've seen.

IMG_0406.jpg

I thanked him again and moved away, so that he could meet with the next person...Rani, AKA DaMango.

You see the chat, then going in for the hug. She has a great story to tell about her meeting with Mika - for now, let's just say our boy is psychic. Hehe.

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

Next was Canuckchick, who had traveled from Medicine Hat, Alberta:

IMG_0397.jpg

I moved aside then, which happened to be just as the band was coming out and getting into a waiting car.

I waved at them, and someone near me complimented Martin's shoes. They put their luggage in the car, waved at us, and closed the door. At that point I looked at Martin and blew him a kiss - and he blew one right back at me. So sweet.

Not long after that, I spotted Andy, standing with the umbrella elanorelle had designed for Mika:

IMG_0400.jpg

I went over to him - RAK1, AKA Rose, are you listening? I was like "hey Andy - Rose from the UK says she'd be more than happy to be your Valentine." He started smiling and laughing, and said "aww, that's great. Is she going to be at the Brixton gig?" I told him I think you are - so if not, you'd better get a ticket, missy! Wouldn't want to make Andy cry.

He sighed, then, and said that he's looking forward to the UK gigs - and that he's homesick. I wished him a safe trip back to England, and then stepped back on the sidewalk.

Mika was still attending to fans...I stood planted, not wanting to move until he was ready to leave. The security guards wanted to push us back, so I turned on all the charm I could muster. I asked if he could just indicate a line beyond Mika's waiting car, and we'd all stay beyond it...that I'm sure his feet must be tired, and that we'll behave so that the can get home and rest. I'm so bad.

Soon after, Mika was done - and our man strode over to the waiting car. You can see him behind the security guard - note the brown cowboy-ish boots:

IMG_0403.jpg

His car (minivan, actually) pulled away, and I couldn't help but watch it drive out of sight. Goodbye my star, my bright, fleeting comet...time for you to bring your light to another part of the world.

I joined the others feeling warm, content, fulfilled...blessed.

It turns out that DaMango, lilmot, Canuckchick and I are all, by coincidence, staying at the same hotel. We walked back together and plunked ourselves down in the lobby, in various states of euphoria. We made the decision to go out - Vancouver totally doesn't sleep - so we tried a pub, but we wanted a place where we could talk, so we found a 24 hour coffee shop. We sat down - me, lilmot, DaMango, StandardToaster, Canuckchick and her man. I recounted the story of how John reimbursed my ticket - then remembered I still had that cash shoved in the front pocket of my jeans. So, inadvertantly, John bought us all our coffees - you can't fool me, sir. Behind that cool exterior is a total teddy bear.

Speaking of fooling - Rani called JackViolet, who sounds adorable on the phone - nevermind the cool-as-a-cucumber persona she adopts on here.

As we started to wind down, we finished our drinks and came back to the hotel, where I began posting for you guys.

That was at 2:26am, btw. It's now 9:20, and I've not slept. Oops. That was also over 7,600 words ago. I think I have a problem, lol.

Let me just close by saying that Mika's mom is a person that radiates a certain something. She's so caring, not to mention graceful. I can totally see her as the kind of person who helped her lost young son find his feet through music - she seems like a truly caring, geniune person. Traits that I have absolutely no doubt she's passed on to her wonderful son.

Phew. Okay. I think I can get maybe an hour and a bit of sleep before heading to the airport to fly home.

So yeah, Mika - I'd be more than happy to tour with you everywhere and be your eyes and ears for your adoring fans. Oh and if you ever want to write a biography, give me a call - my rates are more than reasonable, and you can skip right over that "I was born in Beirut in 1983" bit.

Good night all - I leave you with the other pic John took. LOVE that smile.

IMG_0388.jpg

Hello everyone...I will report more when I have declimatized so to speak. A huge review thoughts etc later.Last night was the most spiritual beautiful experience in my life. Something so beautiful happened I cannot put words or even speak right now. I met him. Face to face. We saw into eachother's eye and the spark of energy passed between us. I touched his right arm and before we parted he responded by touching my left arm. We spoke of giving the gifts from the Seattle concert and he was so touched by everybody. I told him what a huge inspiration he is to me..he was so bashful and tender.

The special umbrella is now with him....Andy at the Seattle concert interviewed me about fanship, joyness , fun, the umbrella and he loved it so much (Andy and MIKA love the umbrella! woow!) ,Andy interviewed me for 15 minutes and I will be featured on the next concert DVD.

Back to the love...I said to MIKA that the umbrella is for him and that also I have a stuffed chicken (really cute made of terri-cloth which I wrote MIKA on her crown) and that he was really touched and thankful. I gave him the insert of LICM and he signed it and wrote "THANK YOU XXX" as well on it. OH

"spontaneous squee!" ...umm.. Ritchie took a video of it which has Cali and her neice too meeting him. It was beautful.

More to come when I can speak in other words other than um....gah...ummm.

Love all of you from the deepness of my heart.

Love Suzanne

I am so happy that you had your "moment" with Mika!!!

Your report will be fascinating - can't wait!!! :thumb_yello:

Mana - thank you for the most comprehensive, interesting and

well written report that I think I have ever read!!!

Your pictures are great - and the whole concert has just

been replayed in my "living-room"!!!!

I hope you get some rest, and have a safe journey home!!!

Vancouver was the best concert ever (1000000 times better than Seattle. )So many friends, such joy, such beauty . I met some friends from face book..also Tourism Vancouver , Kent who is part of MFC will blog this concert and I will be on his blog. More stuff to come later of detailness. But i need to tell you what happened after the gig before I met him.:wub2: :wub2:

We,...Lollipop Monkey,Me, Ritchie, Cali,Cali's niec, Stormy Weather,My teacher-my friend,Standard Toaster,Canuck-chick went to the back stage door and we got into the crowd! everyone cheered and the Styrofoam M came out everyone screamed.After much waiting, security etc said we all had to get into a single file line! So all of us (about 200 or more people) all lined up single file. Rats we thought , we are at the end and no one behind us, I thought I guess that's a good thing. The the totally unexpected happened.Before then LIllmot and Damango joined us:wub2: :wub2:

THE LINE FLIPPED!!i WONDER HOW THAT HAPPENED! IT MEANT THAT ALL OF THE MFC WERE AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE! OMG OMG OMG my teacher-my friend was first and she gave him a Lollipop that said "Jesus Loves or something like that" and then I was second in the line and he gave the most beautiful attention and warmth.

I need to go before I start crying again..

I love you all:wub2: :wub2:

hopefully you will still care...

Oh I'll still care about Mika. Just not sure I'll find it very useful to know that he was wearing blue skinny jeans and a white shirt on July 26, 2007. :bleh:

Mika leans down next to the sister in the wheelchair. He asks all three if they liked the show, beaming at them the whole time. He then talked to the sister in the wheelchair - guys, there was no nervousness, no hesitancy on Mika's part when interacting with this girl. He was collected and warm and open - I've seen people in the past get nervous about interacting with someone with a barely-there disability, and this girl could barely talk - and here was Mika, interacting with her, focusing on her, without any hesitancy.

On the tray of her wheelchair were the letters A-Z. Mika noticed this - bless him! - and asked her caringly if this is how she communicates. She let out a sound that can only be described as elation and beamed at him - and he beamed right back, leaning his head on hers for a picture.

:tears: He has got such an incredible gift with people and seems to have such a tender heart. Really lovely story.

:shocked: WOW!!!

What amazes is me about this is not Mika's reaction. I would have totally expected that.

But I cannot believe you had the presence of mind to take this perfect opportunity to say what you've probably dreamt of saying but never knew if you'd get the chance.

You had the moment and seized it. You are my hero. :wub2:

Vancouver was the best concert ever (1000000 times better than Seattle. )So many friends, such joy, such beauty . I met some friends from face book..also Tourism Vancouver , Kent who is part of MFC will blog this concert and I will be on his blog. More stuff to come later of detailness. But i need to tell you what happened after the gig before I met him.:wub2: :wub2:

We,...Lollipop Monkey,Me, Ritchie, Cali,Cali's niec, Stormy Weather,My teacher-my friend,Standard Toaster,Canuck-chick went to the back stage door and we got into the crowd! everyone cheered and the Styrofoam M came out everyone screamed.After much waiting, security etc said we all had to get into a single file line! So all of us (about 200 or more people) all lined up single file. Rats we thought , we are at the end and no one behind us, I thought I guess that's a good thing. The the totally unexpected happened.Before then LIllmot and Damango joined us:wub2: :wub2:

THE LINE FLIPPED!!i WONDER HOW THAT HAPPENED! IT MEANT THAT ALL OF THE MFC WERE AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE! OMG OMG OMG my teacher-my friend was first and she gave him a Lollipop that said "Jesus Loves or something like that" and then I was second in the line and he gave the most beautiful attention and warmth.

I need to go before I start crying again..

I love you all:wub2: :wub2:

Your moment of glory, with Mika, is posted in Mana's report.

In it you can see you with Mika, and you touching each other :thumb_yello:

Oh I'll still care about Mika. Just not sure I'll find it very useful to know that he was wearing blue skinny jeans and a white shirt on July 26, 2007.

Of course its useful - he was on So You Think You Can Dance, where he sang Love Today, messed up the lyrics but charmed countless new American fans...including our beloved oldling, CharlotteChristy.

(I'm not a stalker - I'm THE stalker). :naughty:

About this whole going to bed idea...*thinks about it*

. . . . They then moved us to another room, and brought our dresses over to us. . . . . Next came the poufy white crinoline - it's intense in its poufiness! Mika's a smart man when he says everything on stage needs to be exaggerated . . . . Yasmine came in a few minutes later - did I mention she's amazingly beautiful? - and gave us shoes and socks. Socks! See, I mean it when I say not one tiny detail is overlooked? . . . .

. . . . So I took the other lollies aside . . . .I showed them as best I could how to skip and bounce and try to look as cute and adorable as possible . . . We practiced that for a few . . . . Yasmine came in and fixed all our bows at the back of the dresses . . . . She was like "oh, so Mika didn't talk to you, did he? Okay well make sure you jump and dance - he likes to see the white underneath," and pointed to the crinoline on my skirt . . .

BRILLIANT REPORTING--lollipop_monkey!

I think I am going to cry:shocked:

These reports are absolutly fantastic. In my opinion, this tour has seen the MFC get some absolutly amazing heartfelt, incredibly written reports. You have really described your experieces so poetically it has been an absolute joy to read them.

Thank you so much :wub2:

I just want to echo what Kath has said, Mana -- WE are so lucky

to have this first-hand report from you. Thanks and have a safe

journey home. You're the best! :)

dcdeb

Of course its useful - he was on So You Think You Can Dance, where he sang Love Today, messed up the lyrics but charmed countless new American fans...including our beloved oldling, CharlotteChristy.

(I'm not a stalker - I'm THE stalker). :naughty:

:roftl: Oh I knew you'd know what I was talking about.

Oh how I wish I'd gone to Vancouver to meet you all. If only there was enough money and time to follow the tour bus everywhere.

So we go back downstairs, spend some more time in the dressing room, and a few more girls walk in - they'd found some additional big girls in the queue. Moments later, some lollipop girls walked in, also pulled from the queue. Turns out they were all from the same group of friends - great for them, but a bit sad that the love wasn't spread around a bit more. They were alternating between stunned silence, and whipping out their phones to call everyone they knew, lol.

Eventually they got curious as to why Fran and I were there before they were - she explained she's a pro that got the job through her agency, and I explained about the mySpace contest, and about my involvement with MFC. They soon figured out that there wasn't much they could ask that I didn't know - I tried very hard to be a helpful MFC and Mika ambassador, although I can just imagine them telling their friends about what a know-it-all they were stuck with. :roftl:

They then moved us to another room, and brought our dresses over to us. I soon realized that black sports bras and pink Lollipop Girl dresses don't mix - so, off came the sports bra! (If that's too much info I apologize, but it's 4am and I'm totally wired). The dresses do up in the back with delicate little clasps through fabric loops, so we took turns doing each other up. Next came the poufy white crinoline - it's intense in its poufiness! Mika's a smart man when he says everything on stage needs to be exaggerated. Then came the wigs - cute, blonde, and with surprisingly long bangs (or fringe, as you'd say in the UK). Put that on, followed by the pretty pink hairband with a giant pink bow, and looked in the mirror - Oh my gawd - I had been transformed!

It's one thing to see it in gig after gig, but seeing it on yourself is just...wow. It struck me then - at this moment in time, I was part of Mika's team. This show, this brand new magical world that he transports fans to, all over the world - and here I was, getting to be part of it, getting to share in the magic. It was up to me to help spread a little portion of Mika's wonderful world, and then to take that experience and bring it back to all of you - for if it weren't for the MFC, this wouldn't have happened for me. I love you guys!

Yasmine came in a few minutes later - did I mention she's amazingly beautiful? - and gave us shoes and socks. Socks! See, I mean it when I say not one tiny detail is overlooked? Cherryl came in then with her iPod and portable speakers, so the Big Girls could practice their routine with music. I took the other Lollipop Girls aside, since they had no clue what to do.

Do you know what struck me as odd? I suppose this was extemely naive, but hear me out. On the MFC, we spend an inordinate amount of time interacting with other uberfans. The hard-core MFCers know a ton of minute details about Mika, his history, the band, and all that. So we get used to that level of intensity, since that's what we -or at least I - associate with Mika fans. It struck me as odd to come to the realization that the vast majority of fans have the album, think he's cute, and by tickets to performances - but that's it. Which is perfectly as it should be - albums are sold, bums are in seats at gigs, and Mika's career grows. However, the majority of fans don't know where the tour is every minute of every day. They don't rejoice over every YouTube video, every TV performance. They don't know little things like how last summer he fell off the drum kit, or how he gets disgruntled if you wish him "good luck" before a gig, or how he has a penchant for Ribena. I mean, logically that makes sense, and I'm sure Mika's glad that only a small minority of fans are downright stalker-like. But after spending almost a year on here, talking with all of y'all, it just was something I didn't consciously expect.

So I took the other lollies aside, explained to them how the finale would work (animal costumes, teddy bear's picnic, skit, music, first verse, then us). I showed them as best I could how to skip and bounce and try to look as cute and adorable as possible. To make it more fun, I decided that the three of us would hold hands and bounce around in a circle partway through, with (what would normally be) Cherisse's line as our cue. We practiced that for a few, then Fran (the prepared pro) offered to help us with makeup - but then Yasmine came in and asked the Big Girls to make sure their routine was polished. So we did our own makeup - bright pink lip gloss, and copious amounts of pink blush on our cheeks.

Yasmine came in and fixed all our bows at the back of the dresses, then made sure the Big Girls were set. She was like "oh, so Mika didn't talk to you, did he? Okay well make sure you jump and dance - he likes to see the white underneath," and pointed to the crinoline on my skirt. She then went back to the other room. I noticed it was like 10 to 9, with Mika set to take the stage at 9. I went to the room Yasmine was in, and asked her if it would be at all possible for us to see the show from the side of the stage. She's a great gal - sweet and softspoken. She said she'd try, but that it would depend on the venue and the size of the areas. His mom came over to where we were, and I pointed out the pink blush - she was like "aww, that's perfect! You know, sometimes we even add freckles."

Only about five minutes later, she and Cheryl came back - the show was about to start, and we would indeed get to watch from the side. They took our valuables and put them in a locker, then led us up the stairs...

It's so exciting to read your review, as it's bringing back all of those feelings and emotions I felt on the big night! Your comment that I bolded is exactly how I felt....thanks for reminding me. :)

I'm so glad you got to experience being an LG too, Mana!!!

Oh I'll still care about Mika. Just not sure I'll find it very useful to know that he was wearing blue skinny jeans and a white shirt on July 26, 2007. :bleh:

oh ok... you had me worried for a bit! yeah... i don't think i'll care that much about that stuff in 5 years from now... but he won my heart and i'll still be a fan... love him to bits :blush-anim-cl:

i am sooooooo happy that her reports are not like those shows that come one for 1 hour a week and leave you on the edge of your seat til the next episode! (waiting minutes is all my little heart can handle!)

thank you again for the wonderful reports, pictures and for making us your no. 1 priority... even over sleep!:blink: have a safe trip home!