REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ Brixton Academy, London : 26-02-2008

Niki27

What the hell is going on with all the hostility!?

I'm really sad to hear about the dramas in the queue and am even more shocked to hear MFCers were involved in the mayhem.

I thought people here were respectful to one another.

Jumping the queue is rude and unfair to the ones who have been waiting for hours and hours.

Kudos to Aurélien for trying to sort this issue out and standing up for what's right.

When I was at the gig in Amsterdam last year I went to join the queue 30 minutes before the doors opened. Without jumping the queue, without pushing or running I got to the 2nd row.

During the gig I had room to dance around, I didn't get pushed once.

Those were the days.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CAzgirl - no Wendi tomorrow - she is heading home as we speak = she arrived in London on MOnday - but the journey knocks it out of her so she just did the one gig.

Bless she will be flying still!! sooo happy at meeting the boy :)

thanks!

I thought he said he was taking a long break from gigs to concentrate on his new album? That's what I thought I heard anyway.

yeah you heard right. at hammersmith, he said "after thursday i'll start recording the second album" or something along those lines.

Wendi, Kath and Abby are on their way home, may be there by now.

thanks!

CAzgirl - no Wendi tomorrow - she is heading home as we speak = she arrived in London on MOnday - but the journey knocks it out of her so she just did the one gig.

Bless she will be flying still!! sooo happy at meeting the boy :)

Thats a shame - well atleast she is leaving on a high.

*Sends warm wishes, extra fuzzy things and the 'get well soon' bugs to wendy*

I thought he said he was taking a long break from gigs to concentrate on his new album? That's what I thought I heard anyway.

yess you're right :)

but he im sure he said he was taking a long break, then near the end of summer hes going to start doing more gigs?

maybe im wrong :)

we'll have to wait and see

gosh i'm in love with "how much do you love me" :)

xxxx

Thank you everybody for the reports. I really appreciate every word Sariflor wrote.

*start reading Yop's report*

I don't really know where to start!!

Concerts were stunning. Got on stage with Mika during Lollipop last night, and he high 5'ved me before going off backstage! Amazing experience. Can't wait for tomorow night.

Take care all!:mf_lustslow:

:groupwave:

Some people do try and pull the wool over peoples eyes, its a tad pathetic.

But, lets not forget, the disability thing can be questioned anyway. Genuine illness like colds/flu, or long flights, or the weather can affect how people are feeling and some factors can be 'disabling' if on top of pre-existing conditions.

But the security at places like these are very tight, i wouldnt have thought they would let people through if not in extreme circumstance. Its the outside queue-jumping that annoys me most, and i wasnt even going to the gig.

People! They are all useless!

(God i sound like kata - save me!)

As I said, some were fit enough to wait around and walk around and wait for Mika/stuff/buses/daylight/who knows until at least (when I lost sight of them as I left) 12:30 am.

That is what I'm talking about....so if you are ok to do that, could you not perhaps throw in a bit of that time at the start, and show up and queue for a bit? Or if one is really able to move around so well, can they justify all this "disabled" malarkey?

Or at least do it for one gig, and then take a seated space (which were available both nights) and let others have the spot?

Many of us are burning precious holiday off work time to queue all day. We get cold. We may be sick. We may be taking planes and paying for hotels for extra nights to go in early.

We may have already come in December and now again!

It's our own decision to do this of course, but still, we deserve to have a rightful fair chance to get a good position inside, based on fair arrival, rather than on people abusing situations.

I mean, come on:boxed: . Hardly right in my books.

Are you sure you did not bump your head?

i almost did actually :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: i'm such a good acrobat and so flexible... but i didn't, and i can actually when i think something is good and i enjoyed it :thumb_yello: whatever the reason why is !

it was one of if not THE best gig of my 8 so far... if thursday is half good as this one, it's gonna be cool...

Some people do try and pull the wool over peoples eyes, its a tad pathetic.

But, lets not forget, the disability thing can be questioned anyway. Genuine illness like colds/flu, or long flights, or the weather can affect how people are feeling and some factors can be 'disabling' if on top of pre-existing conditions.

But the security at places like these are very tight, i wouldnt have thought they would let people through if not in extreme circumstance. Its the outside queue-jumping that annoys me most, and i wasnt even going to the gig.

People! They are all useless!

(God i sound like kata - save me!)

Even if you are not able to queue for 10 hours and have to get special treatment, there's no rule saying that you can't be let in first and then take a modest spot a bit to the side while still being able to lean on the rail. You don't have to turn up at 6 pm and march straight to front row and center several nights in a row :thumbdown:

I hope people don't start doing that. It's like people parking in disabled spaces in carparks when there's nothing wrong with them - I hate that.

would never do that Babs - I take great delight in asking people whats wrong with them if they parlk in a disabled space with no badeg - - -and dont get me started on the mothers that park on the zig zags outside schoool cos poor Billy cant possibly walk two yards further - my Kids cringe if they see some one doing that - they know I will go and knock on the window - ask them if they are disabled - if they say yes - I pont them to the diabled bays in the school car park - if they say no - wel . . . . . . .let you imagine the response :)

I just had a really bad expearience with a few people behaving like animals :boxed:

Anyway I wanna give a completely different finger to Aurelien :thumb_yello: who tried to sort out the queue, not an easy job :boxed:

And I'll continue to spead love and lollipops now :wub2: just had to let out some steam :blush-anim-cl:

eekkkkkkkkkkkkk :boxed:

Not looking forward to seeing this if it happens

As I said, some were fit enough to wait around and walk around and wait for Mika/stuff/buses/daylight/who knows until at least (when I lost sight of them as I left) 12:30 am.

That is what I'm talking about....so if you are ok to do that, could you not perhaps throw in a bit of that time at the start, and show up and queue for a bit? Or if one is really able to move around so well, can they justify all this "disabled" malarkey?

Or at least do it for one gig, and then take a seated space (which were available both nights) and let others have the spot?

Many of us are burning precious holiday off work time to queue all day. We get cold. We may be sick. We may be taking planes and paying for hotels for extra nights to go in early.

We may have already come in December and now again!

It's our own decision to do this of course, but still, we deserve to have a rightful fair chance to get a good position inside, based on fair arrival, rather than on people abusing situations.

I mean, come on:boxed: . Hardly right in my books.

I got ill too - blergh!

I should have brought my big snuggley coat that has a huge hood and does up to the nose.

and Sari etc. . .pl dont be cross with me and Sara - we had to go in with Wendi to the foyer as I had the credit card and the email and the chap on the phone had been v v v insistent that I had to take the e mail myself!!

we offered to go back out into the main queue once we had got her in and officially stamped and he said - oh non yr in now girls - off you go enjoy!!

would have been rude to leave!

but sorry of we offended any one :) xxxxx

Are you mad??:shocked: It's not about you guys. I thought you knew that:naughty: .

Let's try and keep this thread on topic by discussing and posting REVIEWS.

The whole fairness/unfairness of the disability issue is a different subject.. best left for a different thread, not this one.

yess you're right :)

but he im sure he said he was taking a long break, then near the end of summer hes going to start doing more gigs?

maybe im wrong :)

we'll have to wait and see

gosh i'm in love with "how much do you love me" :)

xxxx

Well he already has gigs booked in France in July, but that gives him all of March, April, May and June - unless he starts slotting some more gigs in?

I just had a really bad expearience with a few people behaving like animals :boxed:

Anyway I wanna give a completely different finger to Aurelien :thumb_yello: who tried to sort out the queue, not an easy job :boxed:

And I'll continue to spead love and lollipops now :wub2: just had to let out some steam :blush-anim-cl:

It means that i didn't misunderstand these words. :naughty:

and Sari etc. . .pl dont be cross with me and Sara - we had to go in with Wendi to the foyer as I had the credit card and the email and the chap on the phone had been v v v insistent that I had to take the e mail myself!!

we offered to go back out into the main queue once we had got her in and officially stamped and he said - oh non yr in now girls - off you go enjoy!!

No No - thats what we are talking about - some people have genuine reasons which are understandable.

Its the people who get caught up in the moment and too eager that cause problems.

As good as strong wills are on the mfc, sometimes they can go overboard.

No No - thats what we are talking about - some people have genuine reasons which are understandable.

Its the people who get caught up in the moment and too eager that cause problems.

As good as strong wills are on the mfc, sometimes they can go overboard.

thanks girls -x x x x:wub2:

i'll be honest here, too.

I was number 53. Which wasn't bad. When Danika arrived with Yasmine's book, it still wasn't finished, and I offered the day before to help her. I didn't quite know how to get to her but to climb over the barrier, so I did *and had immense trouble doing so, as I'm only 5"* so I got there, and we stuck things in. We then left the queue *I crawled under the barrier on the ramp, by the doors* and we handed it to a security guy. I then crawled back under the barrier on the ramp to get back to where I was with Danika. The queue was already really long and it was at about 5pm, so there was no way in hell i could have gone to the back and walked amongst all those people to get the my original "53" place. Even before i crawled under the ramp to hand the book in with Danika, the queue was already getting squished. It was worse when we got back, and if I had trouble getting over the barrier when there was hardly anyone there, it would have been 10x worse when the queue was rimmed with people. Aurelien was trying to get the queue in order and I do give him a thumbs up for it, I really do cos that takes guts (someone could have easily smacked him lol) but I'm not joking when i say this and others around me can defend me when they come on cos they were in the same place as me, we were SQUISHED. We all had trouble moving. I couldn't even move my arms that much. It was so restricted. If the queue wasn't so tight, I would have returned to my place with my dad I swear right up to the lord above. I, too, never meant to cause offence. It was awful timing, and I only meant to help Danika with the book :tears:

Let's try and keep this thread on topic by discussing and posting REVIEWS.

The whole fairness/unfairness of the disability issue is a different subject.. best left for a different thread, not this one.

And we all know how such threads get treated :wink2:

Reviews are being posted and respected.

Peoples actions at the concert are all a part of the process and why shouldnt they be discussed also.

We all know the conversation will stop when last nights 'chosen ones' appear.