REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ Brixton Academy, London : 26-02-2008

Niki27

I know you're a nice girl Caz, and you didn't do anything in bad faith, but I am honest saying what I think.

I understand, I didn't know that was Babs spot. I saw Babs when she came over and if I'da known I'd have let her in. I know it's no excuse. Like I said, I only went to help Danika finish the giftbook for Yasmine and when we got it delivered to a sec guy I got back in the queue with Danika and the front was squashed. I'm being so honest in what I am saying here, and by this time the queue was huge. I couldn't climb over the barrier *i could barely do it the first time when hardly anyone was there as I am so short* because there was just too many people. Like i said in a previous post, Aurelien was trying to get the queue in order again and seriously, kudos to him. When he called "number 7" NO-ONE answered - at least I didn't hear anything. Now, I did not shout out "THAT'S ME". I was with others who shall remain nameless who said I should stay. I looked at them all confused on what to do and I DID contemplate about whether to go over the barrier - HONEST TO GOD, but there really was no room. Kata said she had no problem going backwards and forwards to and from her spot but i can honestly say I don't know how. I just saw her sitting on the fence and assume that's how she got around.

again, i'm so sorry that i've annoyed a fair few people - i never meant to.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand, I didn't know that was Babs spot. I saw Babs when she came over and if I'da known I'd have let her in. I know it's no excuse. Like I said, I only went to help Danika finish the giftbook for Yasmine and when we got it delivered to a sec guy I got back in the queue with Danika and the front was squashed. I'm being so honest in what I am saying here, and by this time the queue was huge. I couldn't climb over the barrier *i could barely do it the first time when hardly anyone was there as I am so short* because there was just too many people. Like i said in a previous post, Aurelien was trying to get the queue in order again and seriously, kudos to him. When he called "number 7" NO-ONE answered - at least I didn't hear anything. Now, I did not shout out "THAT'S ME". I was with others who shall remain nameless who said I should stay. I looked at them all confused on what to do and I DID contemplate about whether to go over the barrier - HONEST TO GOD, but there really was no room. Kata said she had no problem going backwards and forwards to and from her spot but i can honestly say I don't know how. I just saw her sitting on the fence and assume that's how she got around.

Caz don't worry - you have explained yourself and all is well.

Provided that people are civil and have a genuine reason, then thats okay.

We are talking about those who tried to create false excuses or just simply push in.

Caz don't worry - you have explained yourself and all is well.

Provided that people are civil and have a genuine reason, then thats okay.

We are talking about those who tried to create false excuses or just simply push in.

honest to God i only went to help Danika and then the queue's got really busy and everyone down the front got squashed. It's not like I was some crazy fan pushing all the way to get to the front screaming my lungs out and on the brink of hyperventilating or anything. i never MEANT to go in front, and I can't express how sorry I am.

Okay, so now everyone agrees that it is a problem that needs addressing - lets address it.

What are we/you going to do about it?

I was impressed with the organisation of the number system, it works rather well if not for the few who chose to negate it, but we can do more than that.

All suggestions welcome, because a dressing down and a 'behave next time' will not cover it. People lead by example. You saw how quickly the queue moved forward after mika's arrival, so it takes just one to cause problems.

Since its usually just mfcers in prime positions at the front of the queue, we have that capability to sent down some ground rules.

Well done for this Pink, I honestly don't know how we can do it, but agree that it needs to be done.

I'll try and think!!

I know what happenned, and that others said you should stay and that. That's why I said that I know you didn't do anything in bad faith.

Besides the Babs point, what bothers me about the whole thing, is that I had number 21 because I'd been there since early morning. I took the day off work for this, and was getting over a cold.

I have hardly any hols left, so I chose to use it for this. I also have a very busy life with no time for anything, so my sacrifice was to go early so I could get a good spot....but it all seems pointless when others who came many hours later end up going in earlier.

Also when it comes to moving in the queue when it was so packed, my point about it is that it was difficult, I agree, and for me to go into my spot it actually required me to confront a few people and ask them to move aside so I could get to where I needed to be.

One girl even tried to claim that she was number 22 when she was more like 100, and had scribbled the fake number in her hand. Em was the right nr 22.

It's probably easier to go back in the queue than towards the front though, so I'm assuming that anyone who really wanted to move, could have, just likd I did.

Basically I'm trying to point out that it was an uncomfortable situation, I do not enjoy having to confront people like that when I'm there to have a good time, but it was the only way to do it.

I don't enjoy getting a reputation of rocking the boat just because I'm trying to do the right thing or claim my right, and I certainly prefer it when I just get on with everyone.

It just sometimes doesn't happen, and what I'm trying to say is that perhaps one could be a bit more assertive and then they could move down the queue. I'm quite sure that people are more than happy to see someone move back!

That is what I'm trying to say. I'm not attacking you as such, and as I said to someone, knowing how much the gig meant to you I may have even offered my spot if I had been in a better position; it's just about how things are done, etc.

I know what happenned, and that others said you should stay and that. That's why I said that I know you didn't do anything in bad faith.

Besides the Babs point, what bothers me about the whole thing, is that I had number 21 because I'd been there since early morning. I took the day off work for this, and was getting over a cold.

I have hardly any hols left, so I chose to use it for this. I also have a very busy life with no time for anything, so my sacrifice was to go early so I could get a good spot....but it all seems pointless when others who came many hours later end up going in earlier.

Also when it comes to moving in the queue when it was so packed, my point about it is that it was difficult, I agree, and for me to go into my spot it actually required me to confront a few people and ask them to move aside so I could get to where I needed to be.

One girl even tried to claim that she was number 22 when she was more like 100, and had scribbled the fake number in her hand. Em was the right nr 22.

It's probably easier to go back in the queue than towards the front though, so I'm assuming that anyone who really wanted to move, could have, just likd I did.

Basically I'm trying to point out that it was an uncomfortable situation, I do not enjoy having to confront people like that when I'm there to have a good time, but it was the only way to do it.

I don't enjoy getting a reputation of rocking the boat just because I'm trying to do the right thing or claim my right, and I certainly prefer it when I just get on with everyone.

It just sometimes doesn't happen, and what I'm trying to say is that perhaps one could be a bit more assertive and then they could move down the queue. I'm quite sure that people are more than happy to see someone move back!

That is what I'm trying to say. I'm not attacking you as such, and as I said to someone, knowing how much the gig meant to you I may have even offered my spot if I had been in a better position; it's just about how things are done, etc.

fair dos. I know what you mean about a busy schedule. My week is full of work experience, college AND work and I don't have a day off, hence why I have only been to two concerts. I took the day off from work experience myself to be there and I queued up for five hours. I really truly am sorry...is all forgiven and forgotten?

Okay, so now everyone agrees that it is a problem that needs addressing - lets address it.

What are we/you going to do about it?

I was impressed with the organisation of the number system, it works rather well if not for the few who chose to negate it, but we can do more than that.

All suggestions welcome, because a dressing down and a 'behave next time' will not cover it. People lead by example. You saw how quickly the queue moved forward after mika's arrival, so it takes just one to cause problems.

Since its usually just mfcers in prime positions at the front of the queue, we have that capability to sent down some ground rules.

Thing is... what can we do about it?

As long as people are selfish and decide not to play according to the rules, nothing can be done but maybe beating them to death. Trouble is we cant kill people anymore if we want to become official :naughty: (I AM JOKING: please spare me incendiary PM's, thanks a lot :mf_rosetinted: )

fair dos. I know what you mean about a busy schedule. My week is full of work experience, college AND work and I don't have a day off, hence why I have only been to two concerts. I took the day off from work experience myself to be there and I queued up for five hours. I really truly am sorry...is all forgiven and forgotten?

Don't you know the Corrs?

"you're forgiven, not forgotten"

:roftl: Just joking

I ended up having a good spot and gig, and as I said I didn't really aim my posts on the matter at you, so all fine from my part.:thumb_yello:

All of the queue jumping and poor security practices affect my review of the gig because it affected my experience. Given my place in the queue I should have been front and centre and instead I may as well have been at home watching the DVD.

Not much else to report.

But Christine, someone mentioned (at the Hammy gig?) that "Mika kept looking at Christine"!!!! Are you that lucky person???

Nosy canuck.....:blush-anim-cl: Patty

Here a few pics of last night- have a couple of videos but won't put them up yet.

Also, every time I started filming I saw Petra doing it, and from a better view, so I thought what's the point :roftl: , she has the same camera and better place, so I'll let her do it.

About the pictures:they're not great, he moves too much and I'm too nervy and shoot too fast, so I always get them blurry. A few are ok though. Sorry about the rest.

There are a few of us being silly during the day that are priceless:naughty: .

Here the pics, I hope the link works:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=220526208&albumId=764064

Oh! it's a long story

Basically,

We were in the airport, after a long wait of 6 hours on a plane, they decided to take everyone off of the plane due to some problems.

this was last february,

basically i was sat up waiting, and i saw a man aimlessly wondering around the airport,

so i ran over to him and realsied who it was!

i shouted mika, but byt hsi point he waas to far away to notice,

later on, we had to re check in, at this point i was well upset cos i thought id missed my chance to meet him, when i heard - Frankie! loook!

and i turned round,

and checking in next to us was mika

we got a photo and said goodbye!

THEN

later on, waiting to board the plane i saw him sat on his own,

we went over and talked

we found out he had been on OUR same delayed plane

and we were all in our pyjamas, and he was like

"mmm pyjama sheek!"

and we were all laughing and joking,

then we showed him a video of us dancing to grace kelly in our hotel room

and he was saying for us to put it on youtube :)

basically yeah we just had a conversation about why we were in new yorkk,

and how gorgeous he was,

we got lost in conversation and he turned round to hear

"LAST CALLING FOR FLIGHT ...."

and he was like "**** girls i have to go!, i didnt realis that was my plane!"

he was so lovely

im so glad i found him in the airport haha

:shocked::shocked::shocked: That. Is. Amazing. :mf_lustslow:

*wonders if he has cute jammies* :naughty:

Don't you know the Corrs?

"you're forgiven, not forgotten"

:roftl: Just joking

I ended up having a good spot and gig, and as I said I didn't really aim my posts on the matter at you, so all fine from my part.:thumb_yello:

YAY! :wub2:

and glad you still got a good spot :D

and Sariflor...i just looked at your gender arrow...YOU'RE NOT A MAN!!! :shocked:

Here a few pics of last night- have a couple of videos but won't put them up yet.

Also, every time I started filming I saw Petra doing it, and from a better view, so I thought what's the point :roftl: , she has the same camera and better place, so I'll let her do it.

About the pictures:they're not great, he moves too much and I'm too nervy and shoot too fast, so I always get them blurry. A few are ok though. Sorry about the rest.

There are a few of us being silly during the day that are priceless:naughty: .

Here the pics, I hope the link works:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=220526208&albumId=764064

Thanks for those great photos!- and don't apologize for the blurriness of some of your pix - Mika does not stand still for anything!!!! At the Toronto concert, my Nikon went to camera prison for the concert when security saw it in my bag, but I do know your problem as I had trouble sometimes even following him with the vid camera!

Lollipop

HMDYLM

:wink2:

With regard the balcony - it is seated so now surges!!

I just remebered something that made me laugh - when we were in the foyer with Wendi and the security chief man was de briefing the rest of the stewards - cos obviously we are all nutters!!!

he suddenly said

and tonight Glow sticks are go !!

I looked at a steward next too me and said - what is he on about??

he said that they dont usually allow glow stix etc into the venue cos people get silly with them when they are drunk - open them, drink them etc!!!

sorry - jsu tmade me giggle - that was the line of the night in the car - "Glow stix are go!"