patrick swayze

poohsticks

This makes me so sad. I have a great story about him. A few years ago my Mom and I went to a little restaurant near Solvang, CA.

Well, we wanted our picture together in front of the Stage Coach, so I went up to this guy, standing near his Harley Davidson, and tapped him on his shoulder, to ask him if he would take our picture. He was like, "Yeah, no problem." When he took off his helmut, it was Patrick. I just smiled really big and said, "Wow, I know how to pick them." He laughed and took one of the favorite pics of my Mother and me. He was so sweet. I didn't ask for a pic of him...now, I regret it. But, I think he really enjoyed just having a moment like that. LOL

I really hope it isn't true but, if it is, hope he can pull out of it.

That's the coolest story. I've read elsewhere that he is one of the nicest people to meet.

Now I'm really really sad :(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really saddened to hear this news.

Ghost and Dirty Dancing are 2 of my all time favourite films, and Patrick is a wonderful actor.

My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

News like this certainly puts my own so called 'problems' into perspective :sad: ...

Oh my god! Thats awful, i think he is amazing and dirty dancing is my fav film of all time.

Thats made me really sad now.

P.S Since joining MFC i no longer need to watch any news or read any papers, cause i find everything out on here as soon as it happens!

OMG I've only just read this .....

My mum absolutely loves him .... I don't think she knows ... she would have told me .... :shocked:

Don't really know what to say .... :boxed:

I think that that is absolutely sad. I love him.... BUT, now reports are saying the doctors are optimistic and that There may be hope. I checked a few "good" places and now Perez has the "official" report there...

I hope all goes well with him, but from knowing a few people with pancreatic cancer, it usually ends in tragedy....

Praying for Patrick...

Angela

I think that that is absolutely sad. I love him.... BUT, now reports are saying the doctors are optimistic and that There may be hope. I checked a few "good" places and now Perez has the "official" report there...

I hope all goes well with him, but from knowing a few people with pancreatic cancer, it usually ends in tragedy....

Praying for Patrick...

Angela

Yeah I pray with you. Hope the rumours are untrue, but I worked with cancerpatients (as a nurse) and the prognose for pancreascancer are very bad, most of the patients die within one or two years. How sad.....

^ Yeah apparantly all the reports on his prognosis are absolutely untrue.

http://perezhilton.com/2008-03-05-the-official-statement-3

Thanks diana ! im so bloody naive sometimes and wondered whether to trust the press or not ! :thumbdown:

A***Holes!

... i hope he stays optimistic , its needed when beating that disease , the mind and willpower plays a huge part ! go patrick , you can do it ! :wub2::thumb_yello:

Yeah I pray with you. Hope the rumours are untrue, but I worked with cancerpatients (as a nurse) and the prognose for pancreascancer are very bad, most of the patients die within one or two years. How sad.....

I am a cancer survivor of 3 years in April, from Hodgkins Lymphoma (cancer of the lymphnodes) and I tell ya, Chemotherapy is not fun. I hope that he stays strong through it.... But like you said, I saw people at my oncologist that had Pancreatic Cancer and it wasn't good..... I hope that he makes it, seriously... :( and thank you for praying with me...

Angela

• 1 year later...