PLEASE READ: Forum Guidelines

dcdeb

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

okay i know the very good reputation i have but its not a reaon why people have the right to insult me ( something i personally never did or do btw)

so, i wasnt coming here a lot anymore (check my profile) and i followed a link to a debate regarding linguistic...so i commented it on a linguistic point of view and find myself treated of sorry but "CUN.T" in the french thread...thats all i have to say, if you have some ethics...thanks to make something about it.

okay i know the very good reputation i have but its not a reaon why people have the right to insult me ( something i personally never did or do btw)

I'm sorry, Pam -- my French is not very good at all, so I really haven't

seen what you're talking about. But I assure you, we'll get some of

the French speaking fans to have a look and see if we can get

this sorted out. :thumb_yello:

I'm sorry, Pam -- my French is not very good at all, so I really haven't

seen what you're talking about. But I assure you, we'll get some of

the French speaking fans to have a look and see if we can get

this sorted out. :thumb_yello:

thank you very much, i came here because i know that you are one of the only person i can trust here about being able to make a difference between the fact that not because im considered difficult people have to insult me openly , all the time, especially behind my back, especially when i only comment on facts and never on the way i feel towards people, but them, they do... trouble is...the one who called me CUN.T is a mod...:roftl: so i know nothing will be done and excuses will be found and no one will be behind me to support , plus the other person said she never loved me and found me very this and very that and you know...its just weird when you discover a whole conversation between people saying how much they dislike you just because they dislike your comments, your personality, people you didnt even heard about before... i think general and personal shouldnt be mixed...but hey , very honestly i just needed to spit it out though i still dont think its fair...i mean when im considered rude, i get notifications, right? so i think it should be the case here too, for everyone though it seems to be pretty hard in this case but thanks for listening/reading, really, you know im very honest and appreciate this quality back and you have it.

thank you very much, i came here because i know that you are one of the only person i can trust here about being able to make a difference between the fact that not because im considered difficult people have to insult me openly , all the time, especially behind my back, especially when i only comment on facts and never on the way i feel towards people, but them, they do... trouble is...the one who called me CUN.T is a mod...:roftl: so i know nothing will be done and excuses will be found and no one will be behind me to support , plus the other person said she never loved me and found me very this and very that and you know...its just weird when you discover a whole conversation between people saying how much they dislike you just because they dislike your comments, your personality, people you didnt even heard about before... i think general and personal shouldnt be mixed...but hey , very honestly i just needed to spit it out though i still dont think its fair...i mean when im considered rude, i get notifications, right? so i think it should be the case here too, for everyone though it seems to be pretty hard in this case but thanks for listening/reading, really, you know im very honest and appreciate this quality back and you have it.

:huglove:

I don't understand french very well, so me being curious and used a translator to look for that word, it came out with chatte. :lmfao: What is the word in french?

(Not that Id ever call someone it to confuse their not ery good french either :fisch:)

Sorry...Pam, that's a bit offensive. :blink:

:huglove:

I don't understand french very well, so me being curious and used a translator to look for that word, it came out with chatte. :lmfao: What is the word in french?

(Not that Id ever call someone it to confuse their not ery good french either :fisch:)

Sorry...Pam, that's a bit offensive. :blink:

well, i dont no if i can explain you here, LMAO!!!! i mean , well, okay, lol...actually CUN.T in french is CON or CONNE if its a girl , a con is basically a chicken organ of the woman but it became an insult, chatte, lol is something else that CUN:T, (chatte is a pussy and it means the same in the first sense or the second sense, it can be the animal or the chicken nickname, just like in english ) cun.t is internal and much more agressive and its con in french...voilà, not very clear though, lol...sorry

thanks to cheer me up btw, its nice because ive always liked you =)

well, i dont no if i can explain you here, LMAO!!!! i mean , well, okay, lol...actually CUN.T in french is CON or CONNE if its a girl , a con is basically a chicken organ of the woman but it became an insult, chatte, lol is something else that CUN:T, (chatte is a pussy and it means the same in the first sense or the second sense, it can be the animal or the chicken nickname, just like in english ) cun.t is internal and much more agressive and its con in french...voilà, not very clear though, lol...sorry

thanks to cheer me up btw, its nice because ive always liked you =)

oohh...okay :lmao:

I'm too nosy :blush_anim_cl:

I only know what bastard is in french because of the daVinci code, and I called all of my friends it XD

No problem, I mean this girl from my school moved and I didn't really like her, and she said "Remember me?" and I was like "Nooope. :naughty:" And she called me a CUN.T and i remember being very crushed, that's like..the worst curse word you can use!!!!

:shocked: That made my day. :wub2:

oohh...okay :lmao:

I'm too nosy :blush_anim_cl:

I only know what bastard is in french because of the daVinci code, and I called all of my friends it XD

No problem, I mean this girl from my school moved and I didn't really like her, and she said "Remember me?" and I was like "Nooope. :naughty:" And she called me a CUN.T and i remember being very crushed, that's like..the worst curse word you can use!!!!

:shocked: That made my day. :wub2:

LMAO@your story with the girl, lol, i mean not that she called you that but the beginning of the story...how did they translate in the da vinci code??im curious to no, lol

i like the sound of the word cun.t in english, littlecun.t rocks to say but to your friends jut forr fun you no:naughty:

come on like you didnt no, lol:roftl:

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE

LMAO@your story with the girl, lol, i mean not that she called you that but the beginning of the story...how did they translate in the da vinci code??im curious to no, lol

i like the sound of the word cun.t in english, littlecun.t rocks to say but to your friends jut forr fun you no:naughty:

come on like you didnt no, lol:roftl:

Yeah, I wasn't too fond of her, she was a bit... well, she just let her little sister run wild through the neighbourhood shoeless at night, :blink: I ended up making her go home. Uhhmm...I don't remember, fumiere maybe?

It has a nice ring to it, :roftl:

Haha, well, not a lot of people like me, so it's nice to hear you do. :wub2: I like you too, you're so truthful and bold. And I mean, most people are so fearful of their oppinion being rejected, but you? no!

(I think we should stop spamming now) XD

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE

i haven;t read the guidelines since I joined (and i didn;t read them very well either! sorry :bleh:) but i must say these are very well set out, easy to comprehend guidelines and thankyou that we have such a wonderful mod team!

and i realise now someone should have jumped on my head before now. i should probably go do it.

Pam, I was going to PM you, but decided instead that I'm going to answer you here, even though this really isn't the best thread for it.

thank you very much, i came here because i know that you are one of the only person i can trust here about being able to make a difference between the fact that not because im considered difficult people have to insult me openly , all the time, especially behind my back, especially when i only comment on facts and never on the way i feel towards people, but them, they do... trouble is...the one who called me CxxT is a mod...:roftl: so i know nothing will be done and excuses will be found and no one will be behind me to support , plus the other person said she never loved me and found me very this and very that and you know...

I've looked into this a bit and there are a couple things I want to point out.

At no time in the thread you're alluding to did Niki27 identify any

individuals that she may have been referring to. She could have been

talking about anyone. How do you know she was talking about

you? A casual reader would not be able to identify you

as the object of her remarks, unless you identify yourself as such.

Also, I've asked several people who are fluent in French and have run

the word that you're objecting to through a couple different online

translators and no one and nothing have come up with your

interpretation of the word as it's most common meaning. You have to

really dig in some dictionaries to come up with your translation of the

word as the vulgarity you mention. I mean, it's there, but it's certainly

not the most common usage of the word.

In short, I think you're being too sensitive here. Just because someone

pointed out a comment made in a thread that you don't normally visit,

and you *think* that maybe someone has insulted you isn't really

something you should get that upset over. There are too many

"maybe" here. I hope you understand what I mean.

may I just add that she wrote "con(ne)s" and so there is no way she could have meant the word that way. you know very well that the meaning you're giving the word can only have the form "con" and not "conne", so she was obviously using the adjective, which has a very different meaning

And I would add something too: this word is not necessarily an insult.... I always say "t'es con" to my friends when they tell something funny (and I'm not the only one to do that) and none of them has ever felt offended....

And as dcdeb said, your name or pseudo is not mentionned with this word.... I really don't see where the problem is....maybe your guilty conscience for having said before that Niki was "ignorant and a mean donkey" made you take too much for granted.....:wink2:

Pam, I was going to PM you, but decided instead that I'm going to answer you here, even though this really isn't the best thread for it.

I've looked into this a bit and there are a couple things I want to point out.

At no time in the thread you're alluding to did Niki27 identify any

individuals that she may have been referring to. She could have been

talking about anyone. How do you know she was talking about

you? A casual reader would not be able to identify you

as the object of her remarks, unless you identify yourself as such.

Also, I've asked several people who are fluent in French and have run

the word that you're objecting to through a couple different online

translators and no one and nothing have come up with your

interpretation of the word as it's most common meaning. You have to

really dig in some dictionaries to come up with your translation of the

word as the vulgarity you mention. I mean, it's there, but it's certainly

not the most common usage of the word.

In short, I think you're being too sensitive here. Just because someone

pointed out a comment made in a thread that you don't normally visit,

and you *think* that maybe someone has insulted you isn't really

something you should get that upset over. There are too many

"maybe" here. I hope you understand what I mean.

she didnt write down my name, thats all she didnt do...and thats always what she does so she is safe... she is that honest.

just some days before she did the same , referring to identical twin, without calling her names though...someone called emerald clearly mentionned me , she said " i dont really no the **** you are talking about but she already pissed me off in the atheist thread and i really think i dont like her a lot " then nicki said "your not the only one", so they were not talking about me?i am being too sensitive? oh and i dont remember who said that but conne really came from the word con, in french, and honestly dcdeb, will you trust an online translator better than a french native speaker??? you asked some people here? who? nikkii´s friends? ask grammarians or linguists instead please if you dont believe me, a **** is a con, thats the way things are.

PLUS when i said she was mean and ignorant, she was, she edited her own post in order to provoke me by referring to an old personal anecdote that not many people know abot and you know what? she even admitted it in the french thread, she said she did it because i had been insulted her,when i only talked about linguistic...she wanted to prove a girl that she was wrong when she was wrong herself...thast why i commented...its very common that people talk behind people´s back in another language thread, like they did with sariflor the other day...everything is implied , most of the time...

so now deb , if you still believe its all in my head when its written black on orange...go ahead.

Stop talking about me when I'm not here.:sneaky2:

mwahahahahaha!!! which one are you?? the infectious little dwarf???lol

EDIT: oh and chopotte, any insult can be the cutest word when used in a familar context...but since nicki and i are not friends, it wasnt the friendly meaning i guess...

but if you all disagree, from now on i will all call you conne ...okay?

donc c´est okay, t´es vraiment qu´une conne

dcdeb if you agree with them, okay i will use conne from now on.

Edited by Pam Travers