2008 - MIKA @ beijing!!! (08/04/2008)

lcmlcm

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is said here! Thanks Sari you said in a very good English what I think in French....

I'd like to add just one think (with my awkward english):wink2: :All I know is that Mika is not there for political reasons but for business, isn't he? And why wouldn't he meet his chinese fans? They have nothing to do with horrors currently happening in this country... Only the political heads are implied in that and like in most totalitarian countries, most of the time the people don't agree with that and just put up with it.....

i thought they said he was there to visit his sister... i could be wrong as i don't have speakers on my computer here ;o)

im deadly sure its a brand new blush by the way, its obvious, he wanted the perfect match, you no him, he probably even took the polo with him to the shop to show what color he wanted EXACTLY as a good maniac he is:naughty:

I noticed the probably-made-in-china-and-tested-on-animals blush in this photo before you even mentioned it:

U1978P28T3D1980360F326DT20080409164348.jpg

When I'm noticing things like that I know that I'm spending too much time here again. :newyear:

NONE

as in that I never make YOU laugh

Correction: your unsolicited post about the blog that you "found" with photos of Mika doing yoga in Rishikesh, India made me cry tears of laughter. I literally couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes when I read it and got dirty looks from everyone in the library I was in at the time.

I noticed the probably-made-in-china-and-tested-on-animals blush in this photo before you even mentioned it:

haha i noticed the blusher too! but on the video i was torn as to whether it was blusher or some dodgy bruise LOL!

LOL in part2 at 6.00 I thought the interviewer said "Mika I really like your heat..." but she said : "I really love your hit Grace Kelly...":roftl:

And then after that I thought she said: "when are you going to release your chicken-album...." :roftl:

This is the name of his next album, didn't you know that already:newyear::naughty::naughty:

gosh his hair looks so lovely!! Also you can see his beautiful eyes better! I'm just going to watch the videos... His new hair cut is fab though, and although I am definitely not fond of guys wearing make up the new blush suits him well!!:wub2: Overall : :mf_lustslow:

he talks about US wearing a shirt of the colur of MFC....what can we desire most?...just our light pumpkin orange...no necklaces, bracelets, watches....so plain and fresh.

i loved this, so relaxed, a little bit embarassed....

:wub2: :wub2:

i'm at work & cannot watch videos & interviews... what did he say about mfc?

did he really use "mfc" ??? kinda makes us unofficially official... doesn't it?:blush-anim-cl:

What I get is this:

Interviewer asks him about Big Girls – says she understands he wrote the song for his mom. He sets her straight about the Butterfly Lounge documentary, having a mom who is large, etc....

Quotes are not exact but here goes:

“When we walk around in the streets of Bejing, people find my mother entertaining because she’s quite big and wears very bright clothes and lots of jewelry. They will kind of stand in the street and just look at her like this. But they’re always very nice.:thumb_yello:

This is Mika’s 6th trip to China

He impresses the heck out of the interviewer by speaking some Chinese.

Then they discuss the internet and how it has affected his success:

There is a Chinese myspace at Myspace.cn which he discovered last night and likes very much.

"I love it, I love the fact that, um, this is part of the reason why I've agreed to do this, I love that this is the way that a lot of people discover me from countries all around the world. :wub2: Including when I first started in the UK, only a year and a half ago was on the internet and a lot of people, on like the :punk: MikaFanClub.com :punk: ... and Myspace pages, they just do it on their own and they spread the word and they really help me, hugely, because that's where it all starts. If someone can discover something on their own, it will mean so much more to them over the coming years than if it's just kind of a huge billboard on the side of the highway because that means nothing at the end of the day. It's all about what people do on their own, and the internet is the perfect place for that.

Thanks for posting these links, lcmlcm!!

When I'm noticing things like that I know that I'm spending too much time here again. :newyear:

his shirt matches perfectly with the mfc orange!!!

goes really good with the back ground of my screen!

What I get is this:

Interviewer asks him about Big Girls – says she understands he wrote the song for his mom. He sets her straight about the Butterfly Lounge documentary, having a mom who is large, etc....

“When we walk around in the streets of Bejing, people find my mother entertaining because she’s quite big and wears very bright clothes and lots of jewelry. They will kind of stand in the street and just look at her like this. But they’re always very nice.:thumb_yello:

There is a Chinese myspace at Myspace.cn which he discovered last night and likes very much.

"I love it, I love the fact that, um, this is part of the reason why I've agreed to do this, I love that this is the way that a lot of people discover me from countries all around the world. :wub2: Including when I first started in the UK, only a year and a half ago was on the internet and a lot of people, on like the :punk: MikaFanClub.com :punk: ... and Myspace pages, they just do it on their own and they spread the word and they really help me, hugely, because that's where it all starts. If someone can discover something on their own, it will mean so much more to them over the coming years than if it's just kind of a huge billboard on the side of the highway because that means nothing at the end of the day. It's all about what people do on their own, and the internet is the perfect place for that.

Thanks for posting these links,

Thanks for that ! Makes a lot more sense now !! Well done Mika !!!:punk:

Here are lcmlcm's videos on YouTube:

(Mika mentions MFC at 4:13)

(The second link isn't working for me...is anyone else having better luck?)

(PS: The audio sync is off - sorry about that, but at least they should play!)

I can't get the second link to work at all - maybe someone else might have better luck with this one?

~lollipop_monkey (Mana)

Thanks for those links! :thumb_yello:

Love the part where he struggles to open the cd :naughty:

he talks about US wearing a shirt of the colur of MFC....what can we desire most?...just our light pumpkin orange...no necklaces, bracelets, watches....so plain and fresh.

Yes, I felt for him having to sit through all the translations into Chinese, with the camera unwaveringly pointed at him.....:shocked: but he did so great!

Robi, did he mention something about MFC t-shirts?:wub2:

What I get is this:

Thanks for posting these links, lcmlcm!!

thank you! now i can't wait to go home and listen to it all ;o)

he loves us!! :wub2:

I agree, he looked well rested and relaxed! The shirt color is perfect for him IMO. :wub2:

:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

After a minor freakout I have decided: I like!

I like orange polo, I like hair. God, he looks so young! :wub2:

I also love the adorable interview/pictures :wub2:

still watching the same interview and they've just mentioned http://www.mikafans.com ? and mika said he's never heard of it lol?

Sorry, I only clicked onto a few random pages, so I don't know if this was cleared up or not, but the interviewer said http://www.mikafans.com.cn and Mika mis-heard her, and then she agreed with what he said, weird, but she was talking about that site :P

Love the part where he struggles to open the cd

:lmao: That part is absolutely hilarious!

Yes, I felt for him having to sit through all the translations into Chinese, with the camera unwaveringly pointed at him..... but he did so great!

Haha, his dumbstruck face is adorable :naughty:

Ok, I may get myself a few enemies here, but doesn't anyone think that all this talk about Mika "sending the wrong message" by going to a country which violates human rights is a bit excessive?

I mean, can anyone who holds that opinion actually say that they don't use anything that is made in China?

It's all well and all to have the ideals, but things often fall on the smaller details...Chinese products are EVERYWHERE, and chances are that most people who have all these strong beliefs about "not supporting China" are actually supporting them anyway by using all their gadgets, applicances, cheap clothes, and what not.

I say, let's be coherent. What's the point of making these statements if we're providing the same support anyway, and perhaps even in a worse way, as the sure way to support a nation is to support their growing economy:thumb_yello:.

On a lighter note, I don't quite like the hair. Too short, and it makes him look waaaaaaaay too young. I don't like the Tshirt colour either.

Now stone me, I suppose I've just broken all the MFC commandments by saying all that, LOL! :o)

I agree Sariflor, and lets face it these days it seems impossible to turn around without someone getting the wrong idea, I dunno, I mean I just feel like there is a time and place and if Mika wanted to make a political statement about it he would do.

I think he was out there visiting his sister which is nice he is close to his family and he likes this person he presented the award to so maybe he didn't even THINK about any political issues, as people keep saying he is still so young

(Anyway he is a popstar NOT a politician).

People still go to France even though they keep puppies piled up on top of each other so they can hardly move in pet shops, and guinea pigs in an even worse state...so it appears their idea of animal rights is a lot different to the UK's....am I making any sense ( I know what I am getting at but I am bad at putting it across).

Too many things go on in the world for my liking I think I'll go hide under a bush or something.