Songs That Make You Cry

phunkygal

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aww there are several songs that make me cry:wub2:

Everybody's talkin... only when Mika sings it: I always talk about it, but here we go again... At the surprise gig in NYC last August he sang it and my eyes just welled up...I couldn't control it. I often feel like people talk "at" me as opposed to "to" me... and I knew that that was the last time I would see him for a while which made me sad... so hearing him sing it and looking up to find the REAL MIKA was magical...

It's so nice to cry at shows though lol...really

I teared up with any other world... and it's very relevant to what's going on in my life now... not getting into NYU, took its toll on me...and that song was sort of the symbol of the change I had to accept.

Happy Ending made me cry! of course :)

OTHERS:

Here comes the sun... because it reminds me of all those times when the sun came out after long cold lonely winters... aka hard times.

Edith Piaf's songs make me lose it... The one she sings about her lover, the one that died... She says something like " If you died than I'd beg God to end my life..." and than she begs God for "1 more day, 2 more days" etc to be with him again:tears:

ONCE AGAIN, I WROTE A BOOK ABOUT THE SUBJECT LOL

Free as a Bird by The Beatles.There are lyrics in the song that remind me of me and my best friend who moved away and she's always busy with school,so we don't really talk very often.And the lyrics kept going thru my head one night when I really missed her.

I can't really think of any song I could listen to right now that'd make me cry. I'm cold-hearted, I know. A few songs make me sad listening to them, but it takes a lot more than a song to make me cry, there's got to be a significant event to go along with it.

Anyway...

James Taylor's Fire and Rain is pretty sad.

Sarah McLachlan's Arms of an Angel and Diamond Rio's One More Day. When I was 13, one of my friends died in a car accident, and she was also only 13. They sang both these songs at her funeral. That was really emotional.

Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird got me at my cousin's wedding because it was her father's favorite song and he died a while ago in a motorcycle accident. Just to see my dad, my aunts, and uncles cry was enough to push me over the edge. Especially when I saw my grandma cry, who is the strongest person I know.

Well, those are just a few, like I said, if I listen to them now, they won't make me cry but in those moments, they did.

I always cry at the "Arms of an Angel" song, too. Mostly because they play it for those "SPCA" ads on TV. And Sarah McLachlan is there like "PLEASE STOP BEATING ANIMALS" and I'm all "OMG I DONT BUT IF I DID IN A PAST LIFE I APOLOGIZE STOP MAKING ME CRY WAHHHH"

Songs don't usually make me cry, but certain lines in songs make me want to cry.

I always cry at the "Arms of an Angel" song, too. Mostly because they play it for those "SPCA" ads on TV. And Sarah McLachlan is there like "PLEASE STOP BEATING ANIMALS" and I'm all "OMG I DONT BUT IF I DID IN A PAST LIFE I APOLOGIZE STOP MAKING ME CRY WAHHHH"

I KNOW!!!!

I hate that commercial...I cannot watch it.

I think Relax, the acoustic version, makes me cry the hardest...the words are the same but the music behind it makes it seem so much more...I don't even know how to describe it. It just makes me cry.

Songs don't usually make me cry, but certain lines in songs make me want to cry.

i know it's awful...

also satellite makes me sad, also everybody's talkin as well as, sometimes, Here comes the sun ...because...well i listened to it while the hurricanes were acomin in florida and it was my first one( it was the worst one too) and i remember being really scared and listening to it on my cd player tryin to make myself calm and happy, but actually it just freaked me out even more...the wind was really really heavy and thought the glass doors were goin to break! it was freaky...:emot-sad:

There's a lot... haha

But for now, the ones I can think of off the top of my head are:

Happy Ending

Yellow Piano Version (Coldplay)

Other coldplay songs

some switchfoot

Hallelujah

Any Other World

Sarah McLachlan

Death cab for cutie (some)

Let Your Love be Strong

Damien Rice songs

Some Snow Patrol songs...

And I can't remember the rest..

Sometimes some Bright Eyes songs.

It depends on the mood I'm in.

"Probably Wouldn't Be This Way" - LeAnn Rimes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBFlNBsvyxI

"I probably wouldn't be this way

I probably wouldn't hurt so bad

I never pictured every minute without you in it

Oh you left so fast...

You oughta see the way these people look at me

When they see me 'round here talking to this stone...

Everybody thinks I've lost my mind

But I just take it day by day..."

----------------------------------------------------------

"I Want You To Live" - George Canyon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fMoi7WAaHw

"When she got the news

The phone hit the floor

She fell to her knees and cried his name

He had just kissed her lips

And both of the kids

Their lives will never be the same

At the end of her hardest day

The only words she could say were

I want you to live, I want you to love

I wanna go back to the way it was

To hear you say my name again

I wanna see your smile again

I want you to live."

I KNOW!!!!

I hate that commercial...I cannot watch it.

I think Relax, the acoustic version, makes me cry the hardest...the words are the same but the music behind it makes it seem so much more...I don't even know how to describe it. It just makes me cry.

i know it's awful...

also satellite makes me sad, also everybody's talkin as well as, sometimes, Here comes the sun ...because...well i listened to it while the hurricanes were acomin in florida and it was my first one( it was the worst one too) and i remember being really scared and listening to it on my cd player tryin to make myself calm and happy, but actually it just freaked me out even more...the wind was really really heavy and thought the glass doors were goin to break! it was freaky...:emot-sad:

These two songs make me feel a little sad too. Strange especially for Satellite, but they both remind me of when my cat died last year and in a strange way, brought me comfort.

Also I'm a big big girl in a big big world - who sang that anyway?

So many, here are a couple of...

Backstreet Boys - Siberia

Alexz Johnson - There´s Us

Mika - Happy Ending

Emilia - Big Big World

Mariah Carey - We Belong Together, Bye Bye

Celine Dion - Je T´aime Encour

Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You

Faith Hill - Stronger

Britney Spears - Everytime, Shadow

Christina Aguilera - Hurt, The Voice Within

littlelest things-lilly allen

it reminds me my sad love story:(

because of the lyrics. i used to wear my ex-boyfriend's boxers when i stayed at him.. and the other things she mentions in the song are almost the same wth me:sad:

Over my Shoulder - Mika

I'm Ok - Christina Aguilera, because it in a way describes my previous home situation and my feelings

Learn to be Lonely - The Phantom of the Opera, because I've always felt like I had to fight the fight on my own no matter how many people are behind me to support me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLse7g_Nfuo and

Another version by Gerard Butler called No one would listen:wub2:

The point of no return - POTO, just because I love that mooovie! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp4UqGxOeHk&feature=related

Every Breath you take - The Police http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwqhhZnl8G4 and the Ally McBeal version of it with Robert Downey Jr. :wub2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6wM8_-dS74&feature=related

Heaven - Do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHkishGjXpU