racha

82073679we3.jpg

+

9875049be4.jpg

+

9875018eb6.jpg

Pop star Mika to play 'home town' Beirut

Sat Jul 26, 2:29 PM ET

BEIRUT (AFP) - International pop singing sensation Mika is set to play to a sell-out crowd on Sunday when he stages his first concert in Beirut, the city of his birth.

"This is quite a proud moment for me," Mika, 25, told reporters on Saturday. "This concert has been a long time coming and finally it's taking place."

He has tried before to bring what he calls his "travelling circus" to Lebanon, but had to cancel because of the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah war and the political violence that has afflicted the country over the past two years.

"We have all tried a lot to make this happen and I am really looking forward to it," the London-based singer told a news conference.

More than 10,000 tickets have been sold so far and some 15,000 people are expected to throng Martyrs' Square in the heart of Beirut for the open-air concert.

"I don't think we are going to have any risk of having a bad crowd. I have seen two concerts in Beirut and they have been completely insane. I am really looking forward to this time being my turn," Mika said.

"You can expect to see a show that is quite celebratory. We're going to have fun," he added.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:Update:

From Racha:

"Drinks and dinner is almost done. Concert starts in 45 mins. Venue filling up. Doesn't look like there is an opening act"

And Racha sends her regards to everyone.

From Racha:

"Drinks and dinner is almost done. Concert starts in 45 mins. Venue filling up. Doesn't look like there is an opening act"

:yay: Thanx for keeping us updated!

From Racha:

Awesome, can't wait to hear how it goes:wink2:

No, what call was that?:shocked:

Well during the gig Nimes I called you, Kath was with me, Mika was singing and we were singing too sometimes :naughty:. It's a pity you did not get it... Can you check your voicemail (you never know...) ?

Well during the gig Nimes I called you' date=' Kath was with me, Mika was singing and we were singing too sometimes :naughty:. It's a pity you did not get it... Can you check your voicemail (you never know...) ?[/quote']

Aww, no, I've been checking on my voicemail too and nothing came up with singing on it. Darn shame, would have been nice to hear you and Kath harmonising.

From Racha:

Thanks for keeping us updated:wink2:

Aww, no, I've been checking on my voicemail too and nothing came up with singing on it. Darn shame, would have been nice to hear you and Kath harmonising.

Harmonising, harmonising, that's a big word :naughty:!

Thanks Racha for keeping us updated :wub2: !

I asked her about keeping an eye out for the 7ft ice cream cone that Mika mentioned in his blog, that they weren't sure if it would get there in time.

She thinks it may come out during Big Girls, and she'll be on the lookout for it.

http://www.ioltravel.co.za/article/view/4525630

Tourists lured back to Beirut

July 25 2008

Restaurants and nightclubs are also busting at the seams and a host of musical events are scheduled, including performances by singing sensation Mika, performer Bob Sinclair and world-renowned DJ Tiesto.

not all tourists :crybaby:

so Racha!!

restaurant: done

nightclub: better after

sensation: go :thumb_yello:

http://www.ioltravel.co.za/article/view/4525630

Tourists lured back to Beirut

July 25 2008

Restaurants and nightclubs are also busting at the seams and a host of musical events are scheduled, including performances by singing sensation Mika, performer Bob Sinclair and world-renowned DJ Tiesto.

not all tourists :crybaby:

so Racha!!

restaurant: done

nightclub: better after

sensation: go :thumb_yello:

Shouldn't that be, world reknowned, and smells like Mikas granny, DJ Tiesto!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Ooooooh! Live updates! :woot_jump:

Alright, I thought it'd be a good idea to have a shower and re-fuel with some cheese (the only food I could find in the house :naughty:) ready for this last gig ... but wth, it's only made me more sleepy :sad:

Stupid cheese. Stupid relaxing shower. :sneaky2:

Ooooooh! Live updates! :woot_jump:

Alright, I thought it'd be a good idea to have a shower and re-fuel with some cheese (the only food I could find in the house :naughty:) ready for this last gig ... but wth, it's only made me more sleepy :sad:

Stupid cheese. Stupid relaxing shower. :sneaky2:

No coffee then?

No coffee then?

:puking:

:naughty:

I had a Milo (which is a choc-milk energy drink you probably haven't heard of) just before, but for some reason Milo has the complete opposite effect on me :doh: :rolls_eyes:

*eats some more cheese*

Its 2.20am....I have to go to bed...my son needs to get up to go on his camp in 3 hours...must sleep....tomorrow this thread will be bopping!!

Will keep updating as Racha texts me, so hopefully lots to read when you return:thumb_yello:.

Don't think it's quite started yet.

From Racha:

"Golden cage concert is amazing. Didn't stand in a queue. Am already second row."

"Stage looks like Amsterdam. No sign of Andy."

This could be down to security and he may not be able to move around as freely as he usually does. But we'll see.