Freddies English Teaching Course

The Irish "Si" combination is pronounced "sh".

"o" is "ee"

"bh" is "v"

The fairy folk - The Sidhe - is pronounced "Shee" - the "dh" is completely silent :naughty:

And you thought English was hard :mf_rosetinted:

Simples :thumb_yello:

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys! :bye:

so there was an English Olympiad and I wanna ask you this which one is correct:

Psychologists think that we have 'central personality traits'. These affect how we behave...

or

These effect how we behave? :blink:

hey guys! :bye:

so there was an English Olympiad and I wanna ask you this which one is correct:

Psychologists think that we have 'central personality traits'. These affect how we behave...

or

These effect how we behave? :blink:

'affect' meaning 'have an influence on' would be the correct choice in this case...:thumb_yello:

'affect' meaning 'have an influence on' would be the correct choice in this case...:thumb_yello:

+ 1 more mistake :aah: thanks! :D

and also this one:

..how we behave and how we 1.deal with/2.cope with/3.react to people and situations.

I chose deal with :bored:

here I am again :aah:

here's the pics of the tasks and the red ones are what I wrote. and pleasee can anybody tell me what's wrong? :teehee:

qwasedrftyhujik.png

wsedrftyhujiko.png

Your answers seem correct to me. English is my second language.

For the French, question 7 would be the most difficult to answer. I think we can translate: I wish I did / I had done = Si seulement je faisais / j'avais fait

Your answers seem correct to me. English is my second language.

For the French, question 7 would be the most difficult to answer. I think we can translate: I wish I did / I had done = Si seulement je faisais / j'avais fait

woaah really? cool! :D I'm really excited about that :aah: and I guess that 7 question is correct, I remember so from english teacher.

guess answers will be on friday and I'll post :teehee:

here's the pics of the tasks and the red ones are what I wrote. and pleasee can anybody tell me what's wrong? :teehee:

qwasedrftyhujik.png

wsedrftyhujiko.png

seems you got most all right!:thumb_yello:

question 3 in task 3 is incorrect though...q7 there is correct...

in task 5: the last questions are interesting, i would've chosen A in the last question but your answer could work too....and the one with the sister could be B too...:teehee: english is so interesting, eh? :roftl:

so that's only 1 i can see that is def wrong :biggrin2: good job!

Edited by nas

seems you got most all right!:thumb_yello:

question 3 in task 3 is incorrect though...q7 there is correct...

in task 5: the last questions are interesting, i would've chosen A in the last question but your answer could work too....and the one with the sister could be B too...:teehee: english is so interesting, eh? :roftl:

so that's only 1 i can see that are wrong :biggrin2: good job!

thank youu! :biggrin2:

so question 3 in task 3 should have been Waiting any longer right?

and what about question 8 there? I had no idea what to write :blink::aah:

edit: indeed.. interesting.. :naughty::roftl:

Edited by mary*

thank youu! :biggrin2:

so question 3 in task 3 should have been Waiting any longer right?

and what about question 8 there? I had no idea what to write :blink::aah:

yes, for q3...

q8: think you're right. the other option should be 'i think they have a right to private life...' to be correct....

i am a native speaker but not an english major or anything, so i'm saying all this just based on what i think is right... some of these are a bit tricky, as i said :teehee: guess friday we'll know how right i am :aah:

yes, for q3...

q8: think you're right. the other option should be 'i think they have a right to private life...' to be correct....

i am a native speaker but not an english major or anything, so i'm saying all this just based on what i think is right... some of these are a bit tricky, as i said :teehee: guess friday we'll know how right i am :aah:

yes I said that too that they were really tricky :aah: waiting for Friday too :teehee:

I'm so happy English is my first language. It's so complicated.:sneaky2: I would never have the patients to learn it now! To all of you non-natives! I owe you a BIG pat on the back!:naughty:

I have to say that some of the questions are not good English anyway :teehee:

But 3 is the only one I would say you have wrong.

they even don't know English and they ask me to know :shun::aah:

I'm so happy English is my first language. It's so complicated.:sneaky2: I would never have the patients to learn it now! To all of you non-natives! I owe you a BIG pat on the back!:naughty:

:puppy_eyes:

lucky you :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

If you want to laugh your arses off, let´s play a game.When Mika releases his album, let non-English speakers to say what they think what the lyrics are. I sweat you will laugh A LOT.

Let me tell you all, that still today, I sing "and screaming forever" in Relax when he says "and screaming for help".

Knowing that.... let me tell you what I hear when I listen to his songs and you´ll have a good laugh :aah: :aah:

If you want to laugh your arses off, let´s play a game.When Mika releases his album, let non-English speakers to say what they think what the lyrics are. I sweat you will laugh A LOT.

Let me tell you all, that still today, I sing "and screaming forever" in Relax when he says "and screaming for help".

Knowing that.... let me tell you what I hear when I listen to his songs and you´ll have a good laugh :aah: :aah:

that will be fuuun indeed! :roftl::lmfao: great idea! :aah:

qwasedrftyhujik.png

wsedrftyhujiko.png

The only one you seem to have wrong is task 3 number 3. Task 4 number 3 is odd. You are right but the whole sentence isn't. And task 5 number 4: I, as a native English speaker, would have gone with 'B' but - depending on context - 'A' could also be used.

And it's pretty advanced stuff so well done!

I don't really know how to use the word "ain't". I don't even get what it means

'Ain't' is a colloquialism and contraction for "am not", "is not", "are not", "has not", and "have not".

Thank you Wikipedia :naughty:

So basically: I am not/she is not/we are not/they have not can be shortened to I ain't/she ain't/we ain't/they ain't. But it's slang, only used in some English speakers vocabulary, and easier to fit into a song. :biggrin2:

*prepares to be corrected*

The only one you seem to have wrong is task 3 number 3. Task 4 number 3 is odd. You are right but the whole sentence isn't. And task 5 number 4: I, as a native English speaker, would have gone with 'B' but - depending on context - 'A' could also be used.

And it's pretty advanced stuff so well done!

I was thinking about that a lot, it was kinda odd, I could choose both ones :blink:

and thanks :wink2:

'Ain't' is a colloquialism and contraction for "am not", "is not", "are not", "has not", and "have not".

Thank you Wikipedia :naughty:

So basically: I am not/she is not/we are not/they have not can be shortened to I ain't/she ain't/we ain't/they ain't. But it's slang, only used in some English speakers vocabulary, and easier to fit into a song. :biggrin2:

*prepares to be corrected*

so it's a slang... that's why I got red lines when I typed it :teehee:

thank you Mair :huglove:

I don't really know how to use the word "ain't". I don't even get what it means

If you are not a native English speaker don't ever use this word. It's such incorrect grammar that it can only be used ironically or perhaps poetically like Mika's "special yes, but lucky ain't". But even in Mika's case there were people who found this line really bothersome.

If you are not a native English speaker don't ever use this word. It's such incorrect grammar that it can only be used ironically or perhaps poetically like Mika's "special yes, but lucky ain't". But even in Mika's case there were people who found this line really bothersome.

thanks for the tip :teehee: