Freddies English Teaching Course

I think it's a persimmon. Does this look right? I can't really judge the scale in your photograph to know if they are the right size.

persimmon.jpg

they are good only when really really ripe... unripe it's very astringent... the redder & softer persimmon is the better it tastes...

Okay that really helped :aah:

I knew it'd :mf_rosetinted:

They look like tomatoes.

yes but they aren't :naughty:

they are good only when really really ripe... unripe it's very astringent... the redder & softer persimmon is the better it tastes...

agree. but there are other kinds too which doesn't have to be soft and red to have a good taste too. :wink2:

I knew it'd :mf_rosetinted:

yes but they aren't :naughty:

No, it's very sweet-acerb, very tasty. We call it hoorma in Ukraine.

And the dictionary translates it as persimmon.

Ok thank you:blush-anim-cl: . I've learned something new today.:thumb_yello:

I'd love to try it don't know if they have it in Romania. I'll go and have a look in supermarkets.

Ok thank you:blush-anim-cl: . I've learned something new today.:thumb_yello:

I'd love to try it don't know if they have it in Romania. I'll go and have a look in supermarkets.

come to georgia :naughty:

These are letters?! Cool !!!!!! it's beautiful! and weird... :naughty:

yes it's georgian xD

Hi there!

I'm again here with stupid questions :boing:

Why I noticed that people laughed at the way Mika says Origin? Like Awrigin.

Does he sound wrong? Or it is posh English (like in Sherlock BBS people transcript Cumberbatch's pronunciation of "John" as "Jawn")

Hi there!

I'm again here with stupid questions :boing:

Why I noticed that people laughed at the way Mika says Origin? Like Awrigin.

Does he sound wrong? Or it is posh English (like in Sherlock BBS people transcript Cumberbatch's pronunciation of "John" as "Jawn")

Mika is trying to fit a three syllable word into a space where a two syllable word should be - so instead of or-ig-in he tries to squeeze the first two syllables together and ends up with awr-gin

Mika is trying to fit a three syllable word into a space where a two syllable word should be - so instead of or-ig-in he tries to squeeze the first two syllables together and ends up with awr-gin

It's a failure of the song IMO because it ruins the chorus. It's especially odd because on the recorded version every word is so perfectly enunciated and metered to match the back beat.

Oh, thank you for the answer!

So, it sounds very odd for you?

It's a failure of the song IMO because it ruins the chorus. It's especially odd because on the recorded version every word is so perfectly enunciated and metered to match the back beat.

Thanks God I'm not a native speaker, and it sounds to me absolutely normally and doesn't ruin the song, which I admire!

But I always wondered how does it feels to be a native English speaker - and thus understand everything, and notice the faults that no-one else would see.

I almost never listen to the songs in Russian and Ukrainian, btw.

Is this the way you separate syllables?? :aah: :aah:

We do it differently in Spain. For "origin" we would do "o-ri-gin". Which is the rule you have to separate syllables??