"Rain," Everybody!

Ok not gonna read all of the comments no time but when this was played in Paris it was awsome!

The whole mood of the crowd changed I got goosebumps and felt so emotional...ridiculous really to think that we were bopping about only moments earlier. :wub2:

Not sure if it was because it was new or others felt the same but nobody was talking around us..which I find usually happens with slow songs.

It was just somethingelse that made Paris the most spectacular show it was!

Well done Meeks on yet another amazing song! :thumb_yello:

xx

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My family and I have been saying the same thing. Since last year we have blamed Rhianna for the rain, but this year it's all Mika's fault!

I think Mika had better hurry up and write a song called "Sun" :fisch:

anybody noticed they are the same chords as Relax and SITM ?:wink2:

I love it, its very beautiful. Can't wait to hear the final version !!!:punk:

No they're not, but I noticed they're similar

the piano playing. :tears:

those dynamics!!!

that made me cry again....

Sounds like he's picked up the tempo a bit and I can hear the whisper of a tolerable song in there somewhere.

Except there is no piano playing. Just that keyboard. :thumbdown:

Sounds like he's picked up the tempo a bit and I can hear the whisper of a tolerable song in there somewhere.

I think it sounds better on this rather than the piano at Paris, even if it isn't as elegant.

i love this song! - but i cant listen to it at the minute because i am at school...:tears:

oh well, i will listen to it at home later on...:thumb_yello:

I love this song !! And I love the way Mika sings it :blush-anim-cl:

i think it's bloody brilliant and not out of key.

anyone's worked on transcribing the lyrics yet..' they sounded quite "interesting"..

Lots of people love it, think it's beautiful, and think it's genius/a brilliant piece of work. Others are not a fan of it at all and especially don't like the chorus. Some are borderline with the lyrics. So there are very mixed reviews.

I personally think with what we have, the video/mp3 recording, it's hard to say anything for sure.

thx for lyrics, sounded quite different than what i firstly heard of it..

listening to it again now. god, I love it :wub2: someone's have to make up for silver

I like the tune and I like his voice in it. a lot.

I understand there are people who don't like it. not all of us like the same things. there's nothing wrong.

A couple nights ago, I had the chorus part of this song stuck in my head right before I went to bed...

This song is simply beautiful and emotional & was beautifully performed on Friday.

it's beautiful!!!

I think it's beautiful too. The only thing I may not like about the new song is a bit too much falsetto in the chorus. But I hope Mika knows, what he does, also with lyrics, which everyone seems be to complaining about. The song is very emotional, quite catchy too

I think it's beautiful..

If he added more strings it would be gorgeous. In the last chorus where the backup singers join in, there should me more strings. Like Happy Ending, but with less.

Also, I agree with some of you about his falsetto. Sometimes he goes so high in the chorus, you can't hear what he's singing and it just sounds like he's saying "Rain rain rain, rain rain".

And if he changed it down to an octave lower... I don't know. It just wouldn't have the same effect in my opinion. I mean, we haven't heard it in a lower octave, but if I just imagine listening to it like that.. It would feel strange. Haha.

So I think keeping the falsetto in it would be best.. Maybe he can just pronounce the things better?

omg Rain is beautiful song... :tears: I always get sad when is raining...everything looks so...gray.....:mika...QUOTE]

quite a long post and i`ve been reading all the thread and these are some posts that i`m agree with :thumb_yello:

:lmao::lmao:

Luckely it didn't rain during Mika's gig yesterday (at least not much)

it was raining a little bit, during sam sparro and the ugly singing band hercules blablabla. =)

thank god not during mika's singing acts!

:mf_lustslow:

:lmao::lmao:

Luckely it didn't rain during Mika's gig yesterday (at least not much)

That's always a good thing!

I assume you had a good time?

I saw your post in the gig thread, but I sort of skimmed over it... I was actually looking for Martin pictures...

That's always a good thing!

I assume you had a good time?

I saw your post in the gig thread, but I sort of skimmed over it... I was actually looking for Martin pictures...

Ofcourse:punk:

I have a few Martin pics, and I will post them, but they're uploading now

I just got a very strange PM of someone called Joylydia:

Good morning Sir

I am French ,I don't speak English very well.I cann't access to forum for talk about MIKA's new song "Rain".

This song is very beautiful,his voice is wonderfull ,I understand the depth of what he expresses in this beautiful song, the routine of a couple, it is very well this subject, but I hope that he will have the other songs where he varies more the grave and the aigüs, only to please a wider public, because this song which I like will not maybe please a wide public. I want that MIKA made a beautiful career only because I always want to hear him.

MIKA is a unique singer, a true delight, thank you, aurevoir

:blink:

yay! Christine's getting there :thumb_yello:

i officially love this song now :wub2:

the chorus is still a bit iffy i think, but i can tolerate it more :biggrin2:

I just got a very strange PM of someone called Joylydia:

Good morning Sir

I am French ,I don't speak English very well.I cann't access to forum for talk about MIKA's new song "Rain".

This song is very beautiful,his voice is wonderfull ,I understand the depth of what he expresses in this beautiful song, the routine of a couple, it is very well this subject, but I hope that he will have the other songs where he varies more the grave and the aigüs, only to please a wider public, because this song which I like will not maybe please a wide public. I want that MIKA made a beautiful career only because I always want to hear him.

MIKA is a unique singer, a true delight, thank you, aurevoir

:blink:

awww bless 'em. maybe they just don't quite know how to work the forum. how cute that they messaged you :)

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=DLnQvAkNTwY

the newes performance of Rain...

the piano playing. :tears:

those dynamics!!!

that made me cry again....

I like this new footage better than the first stuff. You can hear the backing singers, and hear the harmonies, which makes all the difference to the chorus. Mika also sounded clearer when he sang it. Now that I hear the new footage, I don't have a problem with the high key. I wasn't sure about it before, but now I think it would not sound as good if he lowered it, and he can get the notes okay.

But it just goes to show that when we hear it on the album (really clearly) it's going to be phenominal!

I'd go so far as to say he should release it as a single... NOW!!!!!!!