2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Westerpark - Amsterdam

Christine

Yes that's it for the surprise you greedy people :naughty:

I have loads of other vids tho, we'll be able to make very good MP3s of Rain and I just can't get enough, sound is brilliant.

But gimme a break, I'll upload when I Can :bleh:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have loads of other vids tho, we'll be able to make very good MP3s of Rain and I just can't get enough, sound is brilliant.

:boing: Great! Thank you sooo much. Now you rest, we keep waiting "patiently":naughty:

We'll stop bugging you now. We promise :original:

So anyone know how to take wristbands off without cutting them? I've taken 2 showers with it and had mighty men pull on it,and I'm too esthetic obsessed to cut it

I don't think you can. I've tried unsuccessfully, so I had to cut it in the end.

Before I scroll myself through 68 (!) pages - here's my report. :wink2:

I feel absolutely knackered, I wasn't feeling very well the moment I went to Amsterdam and I'm still coughing my lungs out, but I was really happy to be there! I met a lot of MFCers I hadn't met before - for example Joanna, Nielo, Bienie... It also was such a pleasure to see this huge bunch of MFCers in my homecountry!

Haasje and I arrived around 2.30 PM and there wasn't a real queue, there were 2 entrances where groups of people were sitting. I got no. 86 written on my hand. We had a great time chatting and waiting. I shared a 'gate' with C@rin@ and Bienie and we got in very easily - made it front row, exactly the same spot where I was in the Amsterdam HMH in November: left side of the catwalk, right in the corner (Joanna was standing exactly on the opposite site). This time the corner of the barrier was right in front of the corner of the catwalk so I had an even better view on Mika during the show than last time.

Sam Sparro was absolutely great, I loved his interaction with the audience and his colourful poncho was fantastic! It was windy and he got cold so he changed the lyrics of Black & Gold to something like 'damn it's cold'. :naughty:

The 2nd support was absolutely crap and I wasn't the only one who didn't like them. At one point halfway the crowd started yelling 'Mika Mika!' on the beat - well when the crowd starts screaming for the main act during the support... :blink: During the 2nd support I saw Andy in the gap, he waved at me and made the V-sign. Andy is nice. :naughty:

Mikas show was absolutely great! Much interaction with the audience again and especially during My Interpretation there was a lot of eye contact with our side of the stage. After Love Today Cherisse dropped one of her drumsticks on my feet (!) but there was this Danish girl standing next to me who was faster than me and she picked it up. Oh well.

Best moment of the show (for me) was when Mika came back after GK for the encore. He started playing Rain and the first 3 rows started singing along... Word for word, they knew all the lyrics by heart. And he had played that song only once before! Internet is such a great thing. :thumb_yello:

The best moment for me personally was when were were at Babzz' place this morning, 15 ppl from 9 different countries, having toast and tea and a good chat. That was absolutely great, that's where I do it for - the gig is a nice bonus, the icing on the cake!

Worst moment was when we were all wet and cold after the show and I lost directions to the place where I parked my car. The 5 of us were walking around for more than 30 minutes so I decided to call a taxi which brought us back to my car. Sorry for being a real pain in the ass in the end BTW - I was feeling cold and I was getting even more ill, and I felt responsible for bringing you all safely to Babzz' place... But we managed to get to Babzz' place quite easily and I think I slept around 3 AM.

BTW the Meet & Greet was good this time. Much better organised than the infamous afterparty in London. I just shook Mikas hand and thanked him for the great show. I think he looked tired and his voice was low, but I am quite sure he had enjoyed the show as much as we did.

After a visit to Schiphol this morning to drop off Queenie and Rose (and Kath and Wendi) we said goodbye and Haasje and I drove back to my place. Haasje must be back home by now and so am I. On another forum I found so many enthousiast people who went to see Mika last night so I've started recruting new MFC members. :wink2:

Babzz, thanks again so much for your hospitality! Fellow MFCers, thanks for your great company! Mika & band, thanks for a great show again! :thumb_yello:

Will keep it short:naughty:

We arrived at 8 in the morning and there were already 12 people there who were there in the afternoon the day before! I thought only Tokio Hotel fans were that crazy. Anyways, we stayed there all day, even when it rained I stayed put. And it rained haaaaaard! Then the sun came out again and I found a spot at the front of the gate. I joked around with some security people and time went by pretty fast until doors opened. They almost took my award away but luckily I could take it inside. Got a spot at the left, front row. Could see things very well. Sam Sparro was great, Hercules and the Love Affair sucked (For the people who are still wondering "It" was a woman:roftl:) Mika was on fire, I had such a good time...

After the gig I went to John and gave him the award because they said we weren't allowed to see him blablabla. Anyways, we waited after the gig for the people who wanted to go home. When we were about to go the security called and we were taken to the tent. We waited there for Mika and when he came closer I told Patricia to say the award was from me. She asked him if he got the award he said: Yeah was it yours? She said no and pointed at me and then he came up to me. I was shaking and was as cold as an icecube:roftl: He shook my hand (really soft hands btw) and he said Thank you very much for the award! Then Patricia mentioned the spellingmistake and he said Yea it made me smile! Then he looked at me and said Oh my God you're freezing! (No **** XD) So I said Yes I am and he looked kinda worried and said Don't get sick please! And I sat I would try and he said yea do that. Then Babz mentioned half of the MFC was staying at her house, he said: Really? You should give them something warm to drink. Give them Whisky and then he pointed at me:naughty:

I'm glad he got the award now and now I've met him I can die in peace

Hahah. :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

Ok, thanks again! Take your time.:bleh:

We arrived at 8 in the morning and there were already 12 people there who were there in the afternoon the day before! I thought only Tokio Hotel fans were that crazy. Anyways, we stayed there all day, even when it rained I stayed put. And it rained haaaaaard! Then the sun came out again and I found a spot at the front of the gate. I joked around with some security people and time went by pretty fast until doors opened. They almost took my award away but luckily I could take it inside. Got a spot at the left, front row. Could see things very well. Sam Sparro was great, Hercules and the Love Affair sucked (For the people who are still wondering "It" was a woman:roftl:) Mika was on fire, I had such a good time...

After the gig I went to John and gave him the award because they said we weren't allowed to see him blablabla. Anyways, we waited after the gig for the people who wanted to go home. When we were about to go the security called and we were taken to the tent. We waited there for Mika and when he came closer I told Patricia to say the award was from me. She asked him if he got the award he said: Yeah was it yours? She said no and pointed at me and then he came up to me. I was shaking and was as cold as an icecube:roftl: He shook my hand (really soft hands btw) and he said Thank you very much for the award! Then Patricia mentioned the spellingmistake and he said Yea it made me smile! Then he looked at me and said Oh my God you're freezing! (No **** XD) So I said Yes I am and he looked kinda worried and said Don't get sick please! And I sat I would try and he said yea do that. Then Babz mentioned half of the MFC was staying at her house, he said: Really? You should give them something warm to drink. Give them Whisky and then he pointed at me:naughty:

That's aweeesome!! I'm so happy for you! Thanks for the report.:thumb_yello:

:roftl:

Whiskey.

Aw that's so sweet Ingie :wub2:

Don't know if anyone posted the setlist yet:

Relax

Big Girl

My Interpretation

Billy Brown

Holy Johnny

Any Other World

Ring Ring

Stuck In The Middle

Just Can't Get Enough

Happy Ending

Love Today

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

---

Rain

Relax

Mika is a funny guy. When he said he was going to play a new song and it turned out to be Holy Johnny he looked our way, 'surprised' (u-huh) and he said 'Well you know this song?' Eeeeeeerm... Mika, you've been playing that song since March last year, remember? :naughty:

Ok can't wait to see them :original:

HAHAHA, I see that :ap_rosetinted:

First time for everything Jules!!

:roftl:

...Yep, I'm on a long, slippery slope now and there's no going back...

My new favourite photo with so many copyright warnings on it, I think it better stay as just a link

Mika @ Westerpark 08/07/2008:roftl:

...although I've suddenly gone all gaga again :blush-anim-cl: (dammit MIKA - I'm 41 yrs old - not 16 LOL!!)

Thanks to you all for the AMAZING photos

x

Ok here is the surprise...

A quick message from Meeks to the MFC

I'm sorry it aint long but we didnt wanna bother him too long and the other people around really wanted to have their share too ;)

Anyway, he was really sweet to tell us this :

AW that was sweet!

0:14-0:16 :wub2::roftl:

So anyone know how to take wristbands off without cutting them? I've taken 2 showers with it and had mighty men pull on it,and I'm too esthetic obsessed to cut it

soap? vaseline? oil? butter? margarine?

That's so great!!

:roftl::roftl: thats awesome!!

Thanks for all the reports and pics and vids!!!

Sara :roftl: I loved ur myspace vids...thanks for that!

Niki - thank you for that surprize also!!!

Ingie - Love ur report!! AW i love how he's genuinely concerned....whisky :roftl: :roftl:

Anyone got a good vid of "Just can't get enough"? ^_^

I was wondering if you managed to get backstage: I was standing at the same fence at the field, and I heard that the security told you that you couldn't meet Mika. So I saw that you were handing your award for Mika, and after that I lost you. After being warned by the security I tried the other fence outside the field. And there they told us (after a long period in rain) that we could meet Mika backstage. I was wondering if you got in too. But I'm so glad you were! And yes we did also experience, that Mika has soft hands.