2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Westerpark - Amsterdam

Christine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm just uploading my videos, and i'll tell you my personal highlights of the day:

first of all, i loved meeting all of you guys again, that's in fact the best part of it all! :huglove:

the weather was lousy until noon and after the show was finished, but in between it was great - no single drop of rain during mika's show, and that means something, compared to what the weather was like the rest of the time i spent in amsterdam!

the support acts: sam sparro was great, but i could've done without the 2nd band.

mika show: wow. he didn't add that much, just a few people more (the clowns and artists), but it makes it all even more colourful, interesting, just brilliant. :wub2: the start of my interpretation was funny, he messed it up one time, the 2nd time he started laughing (i filmed that, see end of post) - didn't hear that he messed it up again, well anyway, it was quite funny. :bleh: i absolutely loved happy ending, they sent balloons flying over the stage and the clowns were there again (one "flying" upwards with the balloons)... got a part of that on video too, but it's still uploading. the only thing i didn't like was that the stage and especially the catwalk part of it was to high (they could've made that lower and connect it with steps), so i could only see half of the stage. but luckily i was just enough to the left so i could see mika at his piano.

video of the end of happy ending:

(more to follow)

hey thats me just back from the gig, yeh the gig itself was awsome (goes withought saying really) but his new stage design and style is awsome you really do feel like you are at the circus with the many circus performers, he has clearly stuck alot of effort into sticking on a good show, you really were mesmorised by all the performers and his new backing singer is great to.

unfortunately though not that much of a change as far as the set list goes much the same as the previous tour but with the addition of his new song rain as he makes the crowd chant "mika mika mika!" for him to come onstage and perform it.

The meet and greet however was kind of a success it was alot more relaxed and no one flocked round him like the one at the mika gig in brixton, the only downside was he couldnt sign anything and really didnt have enough time to take photos with people just the quick convo here and there and the odd photo but you could see that if he could he wouldve stayed longer to sign and take picures with everyone. Near the end of the meet and greet it started gettin a little bit out of hand but all and all it was a success this time around and like every other gig i feel mika understands how much his fans love him and its nice to know he sticks these things on for us like the meet and greets.

Ingie, if I were you I would have been like, "Meeks, can I have some of your whiskey? :das:"

Maybe maybe:naughty:

I will make myself some food and upload the rest of the pics and videos

Maybe maybe:naughty:

I will make myself some food and upload the rest of the pics and videos

But hey, I cant say I would ever say that to Mika :lmao: I would be just like you, except not cold because here we are practically having no rain at all.

and yes, go and eat!:naughty:

Wow, I just now finished reading all the reports.It always amazes me that people stay on their feet all day, jump like crazy and sing at the gig, stand in the rain and still manage to get home and run to the computer to make reports and post videos and pictures so that the people who can't be there can enjoy some of what you experienced.Thank you!:punk::punk:

P.S: Ioana, give the bracelet a break. I saw you in one of the videos, and it looks as you have some reporting to do, ASAP!:naughty:

Ok here is the surprise...

A quick message from Meeks to the MFC

I'm sorry it aint long but we didnt wanna bother him too long and the other people around really wanted to have their share too ;)

Anyway, he was really sweet to tell us this :

Heheh, cute cute message from Mika with his weird voices :roftl:.

How late is the Madrid gig?? :shocked:

(2nd part)

and about the meet&greet thing, i was amazed that it worked, cause it was even more people than in brixton. maybe that was because they had chairs there, and those who sat on the chairs (there weren't enough chairs for everyone) stayed where they were, until towards the end some of them realized that mika wouldn't come their way anymore cause he was already surrounded by people, so they stood up too. but it worked for most of the time, and it was certainly LOTS better than in brixton!

i gave mika the dvd his german fans had made for him, and got a handshake from him and a "you look amazing again", because of my clown costume. :biggrin2: and i took several pix, posted one of them already a few pages earlier and will post the rest tomorrow. :wink2:

and i also uploaded a medley of parts of any other world, stuck in the middle (with the astronaut boy), just can't get enough and lollipop, but the link isn't there yet and i have to leave now (rest of the vids will follow tomorrow) - just look for it on my youtube account, should be there in a few mins ;)

But hey, I cant say I would ever say that to Mika :lmao: I would be just like you, except not cold because here we are practically having no rain at all.

and yes, go and eat!:naughty:

I think he wants me to be alcoholic:mf_rosetinted:

Ok here is the surprise...

A quick message from Meeks to the MFC

I'm sorry it aint long but we didnt wanna bother him too long and the other people around really wanted to have their share too ;)

Anyway, he was really sweet to tell us this :

Thanx a lot Nikki!!!!!! and obviously Mika!!!:mf_lustslow:

If somebody can traslate what he said, it would be very sweet of you! :wub2:

I don't understand everything he said..... It would be great to give the translation... please...:thumb_yello:

Heheh, cute cute message from Mika with his weird voices :roftl:.

How late is the Madrid gig?? :shocked:

03:30 am

:shocked:

indeed!

i hope he wouldn't fall asleep before the gig:blink:

:lmfao:

Thanx a lot Nikki!!!!!! and obviously Mika!!!:mf_lustslow:

If somebody can traslate what he said, it would be very sweet of you! :wub2:

I don't understand everything he said..... It would be great to give the translation... please...:thumb_yello:

Oh pardon... je compte sous titrer pour le MWS de tt facon euh... en gros, qu'il est fatigué de faire tous ces videoblogs (on se fout un peu de sa tronche en lui demandant s'il est sûr), qu'il n'a plus de voix, qu'il va devoir faire installer une clinique, qu'il a adoré amsterdam, qu'il fait Lisbonne ensuite, puis Madrid, à 3h30 du mat (rien que pour les espagnols).

Je crois que c'est ca, en gros ;)

Oh pardon... je compte sous titrer pour le MWS de tt facon euh... en gros, qu'il est fatigué de faire tous ces videoblogs (on se fout un peu de sa tronche en lui demandant s'il est sûr), qu'il n'a plus de voix, qu'il va devoir faire installer une clinique, qu'il a adoré amsterdam, qu'il fait Lisbonne ensuite, puis Madrid, à 3h30 du mat (rien que pour les espagnols).

Je crois que c'est ca, en gros ;)

ohh do I see lisbon there? what did he said exactly? :D

indeed!

i hope WE don't fall asleep!:roftl::roftl:

Mika: hey you!!!

i'm singing for you!!!

wake up!!

we: let us sleep please...we cannot be bothered...mika who?!?

indeed!

:shocked::shocked: That late???? that's crazy!

I surly hope he will be awake for the gig, we should supply some large amount of coffee to him on that day, courtesy of MFC. :naughty::roftl:

:shocked::shocked: That late???? that's crazy!

I surly hope he will be awake for the gig, we should supply some large amount of coffee to him on that day, courtesy of MFC. :naughty::roftl:

It is crazy... Imagine us, poor MFCers drinking coffee all day and all night long, it's gonna be hard!:shocked::roftl: