Operation Shamrock: The "Mika, come to Ireland!" Thread

neeve272

Ha ha you got me there, not been along there, as far as I know.

You probably have...Bachelor's Walk is just alongside the Liffey, so if you turn left you'll be on O'Connell Street, going towars that "beautiful" spire :naughty:

What kind of venue is it?

Restaurant included?

400. Hm. I wonder how many MfCers who are willing to go to Ireland?

We were a little more than 80 in Amsterdam.

What would it cost us to “hire” Mika, like those rich frenchis did at Christmas?

Or would it be more sensible to sell tickets to the general public?

How popular is Mika in Ireland?

I really wish I had a little more knowledge about things like this…or maybe not…at least it makes it easier to dream…:blush-anim-cl:

It's a bar, well, "live venue and bar". Stage: 16ft Wide x 10 1/2 ft deep, with 7 1/2 ft clearance (not sure what that means..........)

he's fairly popular here, but not like a superstar or anything..., but I'm sure there are a lot of non-MFCers in this country who would certainly go! I mean, I'm sure he could fill a much bigger venue,but of course I like the idea of an intimate gig!

I really have no idea about these things either.......See, he'll most likely come to Ireland in his next tour anyway, but if we want a small gig before next year, then I guess private is the way to go......hmmmmmmm.....there was a thread about a company who arrange private gigs like that...

EDIT: here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15933&highlight=private+gig

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably have...Bachelor's Walk is just alongside the Liffey, so if you turn left you'll be on O'Connell Street, going towars that "beautiful" spire :naughty:

It's a bar, well, "live venue and bar". Stage: 16ft Wide x 10 1/2 ft deep, with 7 1/2 ft clearance (not sure what that means..........)

he's fairly popular here, but not like a superstar or anything..., but I'm sure there are a lot of non-MFCers in this country who would certainly go! I mean, I'm sure he could fill a much bigger venue,but of course I like the idea of an intimate gig!

I really have no idea about these things either.......See, he'll most likely come to Ireland in his next tour anyway, but if we want a small gig before next year, then I guess private is the way to go......hmmmmmmm.....there was a thread about a company who arrange private gigs like that...

EDIT: here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15933&highlight=private+gig

I probably have then, I know where the spire is, can't believe they got rid of the floosy in the jacuzzi for THAT! LOL!

Not sure if we could afford

him for a private gig though, I mean the private gigs he has been doing has been for people with big bank accounts, unless he chooses to do a free gig for MFC only. Not sure if he'd go for that, but stranger things have happened.

I probably have then, I know where the spire is, can't believe they got rid of the floosy in the jacuzzi for THAT! LOL!

Not sure if we could afford

him for a private gig though, I mean the private gigs he has been doing has been for people with big bank accounts, unless he chooses to do a free gig for MFC only. Not sure if he'd go for that, but stranger things have happened.

oooh jeepers!!!! Now THAT would be tres cool!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right: you never know with Mika :naughty::wub2:

hahahahaha good plan!! lol. I don't know if he really is....but I guess there's a chance :naughty:

Oh, I just looked up Whelan's: it has a capacity of 400. Nahce, very nahce :das:http://www.whelanslive.com/default.asp

Ooooooh Whelan's :wub2: Been there!! God I LOVE Dublin so much!!! :wub2:

PLEASE MIKA COME TO DUBLINNNNNN!!! (Hehe...double standards moi? :roftl:)

Ooooooh Whelan's :wub2: Been there!! God I LOVE Dublin so much!!!

PLEASE MIKA COME TO DUBLINNNNNN!!! (Hehe...double standards moi? :roftl:)

you've been there? :biggrin2: I haven't, lol.

I have to say, I'm not a bgi fan of Dublin...but then again, I'm not a great promoter of Ireland in general, hahahaha. Madrid is more like it for me :naughty:

but yep, a gig somewhere here would be great.............. :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

Hmmm if Mika goes to Dublin NEXT WEEK, I'll be very happy:naughty:

I'm on hols in Dublin next week. Mon-Sun.

:punk:

LOVE ireland. So if he has a gig there, I'm definitely going!!:thumb_yello:

Mika AND Dublin...:wub2: perfect combination! I will take him to Tara Hill too (my most favorite spot in the whole wide world):wub2:

Just a taster of what's in store for our trip to the Guinness Storehouse :das: The funniest thing is that this is my friend who works there...he was not impressed when he found out that someone had recorded him and posted it, but I know he really loved it :roftl: :roftl:

PS: Biekje, hope you're having a nice time here!!

you've been there? :biggrin2: I haven't, lol.

I have to say, I'm not a bgi fan of Dublin...but then again, I'm not a great promoter of Ireland in general, hahahaha. Madrid is more like it for me :naughty:

but yep, a gig somewhere here would be great.............. :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

Ooh how can you?!

Dublin is the best!! I absolutely love the place. I spent 4 years there and I can safely say that they were probably the best time of my life :wub2:. As a result, I love everything Irish, and I go back to Dublin once a year on a trip to see old friends and just go out and partyyyyy.

Love it!

So yes, I can't wait for Mika to play something there, and I'll be there like a shot.

Ooh how can you?!

Dublin is the best!! I absolutely love the place. I spent 4 years there and I can safely say that they were probably the best time of my life :wub2:. As a result, I love everything Irish, and I go back to Dublin once a year on a trip to see old friends and just go out and partyyyyy.

Love it!

So yes, I can't wait for Mika to play something there, and I'll be there like a shot.

Awwwh, I'm glad you liked it so much! 4 years? :shocked: wow. See, i love everything SPANISH!!! :punk:

Awwwh, I'm glad you liked it so much! 4 years? :shocked: wow. See, i love everything SPANISH!!! :punk:

Yep, 4 years! It was a lot of fun. I'm a proper Dubliner now, hehe...

We have the same disease but in a different way :naughty:

Just a taster of what's in store for our trip to the Guinness Storehouse :das: The funniest thing is that this is my friend who works there...he was not impressed when he found out that someone had recorded him and posted it, but I know he really loved it :roftl: :roftl:

PS: Biekje, hope you're having a nice time here!!

Ohhh nice friend, introduce him to me:wink2:

In 2 hours I will leave my house, on my way to the airport!:thumb_yello:

We should meet up there!

I'm staying at Litton Lane Hostel! (Bachelor's Walk if I'm not mistaken):thumb_yello:

Lol yes Sariflor, you're spot on there, same disease backwards :roftl:

Ohhh nice friend, introduce him to me

In 2 hours I will leave my house, on my way to the airport!

We should meet up there!

I'm staying at Litton Lane Hostel! (Bachelor's Walk if I'm not mistaken)

Go to the Guinness Storehouse and you'll probably see him anyway! haha! He'd be sooo freaked out if you said that you know him from youtube, hahahaha!

Ooh I totally would love to meet, but I live like 4hrs from Dublin :thumbdown: If you decide to come to Galway, let me know!! :thumb_yello:

sorry I love the title! hahaha woo hoo :lmfao:

Meg! :huglove:

:roftl: you haaaave to come to this gig (when it becomes more than a fantasy, lol)

haha yeah why not! :punk: always here to have craic!:roftl:

That's what I like to hear!!!!

Although did you hear about the Irish guy who was going to America for the summer....at customs when he was arriving in America, he was asked "why are you entering the US?"

And his answer...... "for the craic!".........didn't go down too well :roftl: :roftl:

That's what I like to hear!!!!

Although did you hear about the Irish guy who was going to America for the summer....at customs when he was arriving in America, he was asked "why are you entering the US?"

And his answer...... "for the craic!".........didn't go down too well :roftl: :roftl:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH may I quote CAtherine Tate here? "What a fkin liberty!":roftl: go Nan go! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I believe you...I do...but first I need to collect some money :thumbdown: I miss you all guys... I would love to see you again... :wink2:

I want to see you again too!!! :huglove:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH may I quote CAtherine Tate here? "What a fkin liberty!":roftl: go Nan go! HAHAHAHAHAHA

:floor: hahahahahahaha

Lol yes Sariflor, you're spot on there, same disease backwards :roftl:

Go to the Guinness Storehouse and you'll probably see him anyway! haha! He'd be sooo freaked out if you said that you know him from youtube, hahahaha!

Ooh I totally would love to meet, but I live like 4hrs from Dublin :thumbdown: If you decide to come to Galway, let me know!! :thumb_yello:

Meg! :huglove:

:roftl: you haaaave to come to this gig (when it becomes more than a fantasy, lol)

I dont wanna do a tour in the guinness hop store...sorry. Way too expensive :(

And I was considering Galway, but maybe another time...lots to do over here anyway!:thumb_yello: (Im in Dublin now)

Well, finally, does someone knows how does it cost for a "private concert"?That's a big idea, i am able to give 500 euros and what about you?

It wouldn't cost that much :boxed:

well,if Mika will be in Ireland, I will fly there !!! i promise :) I will can see my mom :punk:

Aaw! do :) does your mom live in Ireland?

Oooh I'd love to go to Ireland:wub2:

Me too! I have friends in Ireland and Dublin is a great place! They really make you welcome and the food in all the pubs is fantastic! I love that soda bread too!!

I would certainly come over from Manchester to see Mika.