Emerald

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Merci Emerald

Eleves n'etudient jamais "tu"- je ne le connais pas!

Nos profs dit que c'est les gens qu'on apelle "vous" qui s'inquietent si nous lui parlons avec mauvais Francais. (Our teachers tell us that it's the people who we call "vous" that care if we talk to them in poor French) Donc, nous utilisons "vous" meme aux autres eleves dans l'ecole, parce que nous avons besoin de la practique. (Therefore, we use "vous" even with the other pupils in the school, because we need the practice)

Mais, parce que tu es patiente, j'essaie.

(J'ai decouvert la facilite de traduction en Microsoft Word- mais je le utilise seulement pour un ou deux mots)

Vous n'avez pas étudié les formes du tutoiement? :shock: wow

Mais c'est celles qu'on utilise le plus! (you haven't studied the "tu" forms? But it's the ones we use the most!).

Ok, so from now on, all the "vous" forms will be turned into "tu" forms, so you can learn a bit ^^

Nono, what's wrong with "qu'est-ce que/qui"? Can I help you in any way?

ah, des nouvelles élèves, c'est bon :original:. Et un autre vielleling (oldling :bleh:) qui a trouvé notre classe, bienvenue Ruth!

I don't know how to say Ruth in French, my mother, who is from German-Swiss her 2e name is also Ruth and it's pronounced the same as in English. In Holland we would say Ruth with the u pronounced like the one in uhhh and the th as a t.

Nono, what's wrong with "qu'est-ce que/qui"? Can I help you in any way?

Could you please try to explain to me when. how to use the different forms?

Bonjour Catherine. Qui est l'homme dans ta photo? (Je suis Oldling)

Il s'appelle Robert Pattinson. Il est acteur :wink2:

:das:

Il s'appelle Robert Pattinson. Il est acteur :wink2:

:das:

Je le ne connais pas. Catherine l'aime aussi, elle a un grande photo de lui dans sa signature :naughty:.

Heroes has started again, yes! :wub2:

Mmmm I'll give it a try ;)

Qui = who, in a question

Who are you = Qui es-tu?

Que = what, in a question

What are you doing = Que fais-tu?

But we can also use the "qu'est-ce que"/ "qui est-ce que" forms, especially in informal speech.

What are you doing = Qu'est-ce que tu fais ?(QUE because it replaces the object)

What's wrong? = Qu'est-ce qui ne va pas ?(QUI because it replaces the subject)

Who are you seeing tonight? = Qui est-ce que tu vois ce soir? (QUE because it replaces the object)

Who'll be at the party? = Qui est-ce qui sera à la fête? (QUI because it replaces the subject)

Note that the "Qui est-ce que" form is not used that often, whilst the "qu'est-ce que" form is.

Is that clear? :blink::naughty:

Dans quels films peut on voir Robert Pattinson? Ou a la tele? Est ce qu'il dans "Heroes"?

Et, s'il vous plait, je voudrais quelqu'un a me traduire les mots comme:

thread

internet

siggie

smillie

forum

In fact we don't translate most of these...

thread = topic

post = message or commentaire (com), but we also use post

internet = internet

siggie = signature

smilie = just the english "smiley"... émoticone is the proper french translation but noone uses it.

forum = forum :naughty:

In fact, we don't translate most ICT-terms. There are official equivalents like "fournisseur d'accès" instead of "provider", "téléchargement" instead of "download", etc etc, BUT if you use the english terms, everyone will understand you.

In fact we don't translate most of these...

thread = topic

post = message or commentaire (com), but we also use post

internet = internet

siggie = signature

smilie = just the english "smiley"... émoticone is the proper french translation but noone uses it.

forum = forum :naughty:

In fact, we don't translate most ICT-terms. There are official equivalents like "fournisseur d'accès" instead of "provider", "téléchargement" instead of "download", etc etc, BUT if you use the english terms, everyone will understand you.

Ma vie a devenu plus simple!

Mmmm I'll give it a try ;)

Qui = who, in a question

Who are you = Qui es-tu?

Que = what, in a question

What are you doing = Que fais-tu?

But we can also use the "qu'est-ce que"/ "qui est-ce que" forms, especially in informal speech.

What are you doing = Qu'est-ce que tu fais ?(QUE because it replaces the object)

What's wrong? = Qu'est-ce qui ne va pas ?(QUI because it replaces the subject)

Who are you seeing tonight? = Qui est-ce que tu vois ce soir? (QUE because it replaces the object)

Who'll be at the party? = Qui est-ce qui sera à la fête? (QUI because it replaces the subject)

Note that the "Qui est-ce que" form is not used that often, whilst the "qu'est-ce que" form is.

Is that clear? :blink::naughty:

Ummm...un peu :naughty: Merci :flowers2:

Dans quels films peut on voir Robert Pattinson? Ou a la tele?

Il étais dans le film "Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire" et il va être "Edward" dans le film "Twilight" :das: Je suis très excitée! :punk:

Ummm...un peu :naughty: Merci :flowers2:

Il étais dans le film "Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire" et il va être "Edward" dans le film "Twilight" :das: Je suis très excitée! :punk:

Pourqoi je le ne connais pas :shocked:? Il joue quelle part en Harry Potter?

Il n'est pas en Heroes, c'est seulement parce que je suis très heureuse qu' Heroes est commencé j'ai dit: Heroes est commencé (ou peut-etre je dois dire a commencé?) :naughty:!

Nicky, that's a very good explainaiton you gave, I'm still puzzled why one can say qu'est qui ne vais pas if you talk about a subject and not a person but I'll have to deal with that confusion I'm afraid :naughty:.

Pourqoi je le ne connais pas :shocked:? Il joue quelle part en Harry Potter?

Il n'est pas en Heroes, c'est seulement parce que je suis très heureuse qu' Heroes est commencé j'ai dit: Heroes est commencé (ou peut-etre je dois dire a commencé?) :naughty:!

Nicky, that's a very good explainaiton you gave, I'm still puzzled why one can say qu'est qui ne vais pas if you talk about a subject and not a person but I'll have to deal with that confusion I'm afraid :naughty:.

yes it is a commencé

it is qu'est qui ne va pas, because qui replaces the subject. (nominative in Latin).

just try to compare it with qu'est-ce que tu fais? (the que is the object, or accusative in Latin)

do you see the difference?