Emerald

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frapper un chat :shocked:. C'est mal :naughty:. Well, I know the word Frapper from balletclasses, isn't it something like kicking.

And, my curiosity brought the proverbs and sayings in :naughty:. That's fun!

In fact, to be precise - and Miss Lollipop'll soon start hating me for correcting her all the time :naughty: - the right expression is

"j'ai d'autres chats à fouetter"

frapper= to hit

fouetter = to whip

In fact, to be precise - and Miss Lollipop'll soon start hating me for correcting her all the time :naughty: - the right expression is

frapper= to hit

fouetter = to whip

Fouetter I know also from balletclass :naughty:. Those balletclasses come in handy now, while learning French :original:.

frapper= to hit

fouetter = to whip

maybe I'll start hating you! :mf_rosetinted: NO I'm kidding, don't worry! :naughty::thumb_yello:

"Avoir d'autre chats à fouetter" est l'expression de "départ", après tu le conjugues selon la personne: "j'ai/tu as/ il a...etc d'autres chats à fouetter"

:thumb_yello:

Balletclasses are practised Monie! :naughty:

Elle j'en sais rien. Mais bon, je pratique pas au même niveau non plus hein. Quand j'ai 1h30 par semaine, des danseurs comme elle en ont 20! Elle a dû commencer super tôt!

Elle j'en sais rien. Mais bon, je pratique pas au même niveau non plus hein. Quand j'ai 1h30 par semaine, des danseurs comme elle en ont 20! Elle a dû commencer super tôt!

Ouai c'est sûr :wink2: jme rends peut être pas compte du boulot qu'elle a dû réaliser pour réussir à faire cela :shocked: Ca a l'air tellement facile pour elle! :blink:

Mais tu dois avoir un super bon niveau au bout de 10ans, bon moi la danse ce n'est pas mon trip, je ne m'y connais pas :bleh: moi c'est le tennis (j'en pratique depuis 11ans)

Ouai c'est sûr :wink2: jme rends peut être pas compte du boulot qu'elle a dû réaliser pour réussir à faire cela :shocked: Ca a l'air tellement facile pour elle! :blink:

Mais tu dois avoir un super bon niveau au bout de 10ans, bon moi la danse ce n'est pas mon trip, je ne m'y connais pas moi c'est le tennis (j'en pratique depuis 11ans)

C'est ça qui est impressionnant! C'est à ça aussi qu'on reconnait les bons danseurs; quand ils arrivent à te faire croire que c'est facile. En fait, ça l'est pas du tout :naughty:

Disons que je me débrouille, mais avec seulement un cours par semaine, il n'y a pas de miracle! Je fais ça pour mon plaisir.

Le tennis et moi = caca lol. Je suis trop nulle. Je préfère le badminton!

Um- peut etre vous avez oublie vos etudients? Je ne comprends pas tous ces messages

Qu'est-ce que tu ne comprends pas? Je peux te traduire certaines phrases si tu veux :thumb_yello: (what is it you don't understand? I can translate some sentences if you want to!)

We're talking about ballet.

Pour les idioms, avoir un chat dans la gorge = to have a frog in the throat

J'aime celle-ci :naughty:

I like the English one better :naughty: It's often the case!

I've been learning French for just over a year now and I took it over music because Mika speaks friench and the music teacher is a ****** so yeah.

I get good grades but I can get better :)

I have a one minute speech to do the first week back and was just wondering if I could post it up here when I've finished writing it so as to have one of the (amazingly talented and good looking) teachers please go over it with a magical grammar-proofing wand???

Merci xx

My french is nowhere near perfect, but I could try and correct the things I know

Ooh thank you thank you!

It's all trial and error isn't it? I'll try to correct or help out where I can.

Hey my granddad has a book entirely in French but the cool thing is that it's 400 or so years old!

It kinda smells like old people!

Grande bise!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ooh thank you thank you!

It's all trial and error isn't it? I'll try to correct or help out where I can.

Hey my granddad has a book entirely in French but the cool thing is that it's 400 or so years old!

It kinda smells like old people!

Grande bise!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh that's....awesome :lol3:

That would be cool to have a book in french...I need to find one :naughty:

Are you going to post it now or later?

EDIT: Ok I guess you're gonna post it later :naughty:

I'm going to bed, but I'm sure someone else will help you while I'm sleeping. Bonne nuit! :bye:

Frappés and fouettés are two ballets terms:mf_rosetinted:

Battements frappés:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncoJYcLyRLs&feature=related

Fouettés:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3S1BQJLcLc

This is impressive really! I cannot even do three!!:boxed:

Ah, I have this video (well, the frappés)! I have done RAD, wanted to get my elementary (after I had lessons in Russian style) but my balletteacher quit and I didn't feel like taking classes with 10 year olds so I quit too :crybaby:. Ones I realised I couldn't do ballet on a professional level anymore (I have been on professional ballet academy) I quit. I am a black or white kind of person I guess, either I want to do something really good, or I don't want to do it. Still love love the ballet tho.

En plus, sur pointes! Man! Rien que de regarder, j'ai les pieds en feu! :naughty:

Tu as eu des leccons en pointe? Oeh, the pain! But sooo much fun!

(don't start talking with me about ballet, I won't stop :naughty:).

Oui, j'ai 30 minutes de pointes par leçon. C'est douloureux, et je suis nulle:bleh: (yes, I have 30 minutes of points per lesson (it sounds crap in English... lol). It's painful, and I suck).

Oh, you danced at a professional level!! wow:shocked: How many hours a week did you practise?

Lolliepop_girl, send your text when it's ready, I'll be glad to help you on that! Helped with the others, your text will be perfect!:naughty::thumb_yello: