Photo

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Jennifer-Carpenter/photo//090109/photos_eonline_en/69704ff02332784d4e90c09cc7bb27f3//s:/eonline/20090109/en_top_eo/78384;_ylt=Ao6rt3rouqzdkVQ78HjkO5S_.nQA

Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter Are Married

Kristin Dos Santos – Fri Jan 9, 5:03 pm ET

Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter Are Married

Los Angeles – Dexter and his sister have gotten hitched!

But fear not, Dexter fans, the nuptials went down in real life, not on the hit Showtime series. (The show isn't that twisted.)

Michael C. Hall's rep has just confirmed to us that the Golden Globe-nominated actor eloped on New Year's Eve with Jennifer Carpenter, who plays Dexter's tough-talking sister Deb.

"They were married outdoors in Big Sur, California," Craig Bankey tells us. Jennifer carried a bouquet of white roses with her grandfather's wedding band attached.

And just another reason to tune into E!'s live Golden Globe coverage this Sunday: Michael, 37, and Jennifer, 29, who have been secretly dating for about a year and a half, will make their first public appearance together on the red carpet at the Beverly Hilton. The series is up for multiple awards, including Best Actor in a Drama for Michael.

Michael and Jennifer's real-life wedding comes about a month after his creeptastic alter ego Dexter Morgan walked down the aisle with longtime girlfriend Rita (Julie Benz) in the third season finale of the Showtime series.

Dexter's cast and crew are currently on hiatus, but will resume work on the upcoming fourth season early this year. The show already has been picked up for two more seasons of 12 episodes each by Showtime.

dexter-1.jpg

Thank you for posting this news Alice!

I think they will have a good life together, I don’t know either of them of course but they great actors and seem to get along, obviously!:roftl:

Big Sur…I’ve actually been there, but that’s a whole other story!:wub2:

12 more episodes!!!!:boing:

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting this news Alice!

I think they will have a good life together, I don’t know either of them of course but they great actors and seem to get along, obviously!:roftl:

Big Sur…I’ve actually been there, but that’s a whole other story!:wub2:

12 more episodes!!!!:boing:

great actors?

well i think Debra's acting sucks:naughty:

and actually it's 24 more episodes:boing:

i'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuge fan of dexter . . .

can't wait for the new season:punk:

. . . .

and actually it's 24 more episodes:boing:

! 24 more episodes !

Oh yeah . . . "CREEPY GOOD" . . .

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do

"The show already has been picked up for two more seasons

of 12 episodes each by Showtime."

Edited by A. Clay

• 1 month later...

Interesting interview...

Dexter Season 4 - Michael C. Hall who plays Dexter in the hit TV show by the same name has decided to reveal some secrets/spoilers for season 4 that will air in 2009.Michael C. Hall said:

“I don’t know that Dexter is the most reliable narrator.”"I don’t know that he was at the beginning of the show, and I don’t know that he is now. I think he tries things on and plays at being a human being. I do think there’s an appetite for connection and revelation in Dexter that he doesn’t consciously acknowledge. But that motivates a lot of his behavior.”

Hall added:

“In the writing room, we are constantly talking about, well, does Dexter feel that? Or is it learned behavior? Or is it camouflage?” “For instance, is his relationship with Rita a growing affection? Is it learning affection? Or does he need the relationship as a camouflage to present to the real world? In all honesty, we don’t entirely know.”I always think of Dexter as a bit of a French coffee press. You press down on it and those bubbles come up and those bubbles are unexpected emotions. And it could be anything from affection for his sister, a feeling for his baby that’s coming, friendship, whatever he was feeling for Lila last year. It could be hate, rage. I don’t know yet that he loves. But I believe he feels something, and he feels more and more as he dynamically lives his life and has gut-wrenching and soul-wrenching experiences.”

Hall, nominated for three Golden Globes and one Emmy for the role, is reluctant to be definitive about the inner life of the Miami blood spatter expert he portrays, partly because he wants to leave it up to the audience to interpret and partly because there’s usually more than one factor motivating Dexter’s actions. Phillips said that he and Hall “go round and round” over Dexter’s capacity to feel anything, even after this season’s poignant episode in which Dexter helped a terminally ill family friend die.

On the one hand, Hall believes that Dexter’s relationship with his brother set him on a journey of self-discovery in spite of himself. But on the other, Hall points out, Dexter could be playing us all.

“I think the fundamental realization of his origins . . . opened up something for him, opened a door that can’t quite be shut in spite of what he pragmatically knows to be,” “It’s like a wound that continues to bleed and one that he doesn’t consciously acknowledge. But you can turn that all around and say that Dexter has a sense that he might kill these people well before we discover that inevitability.”

Michael concluded by.

“I don’t think that’s ever going to be satisfied.” “You had the brother, then you had the female energy last year and this year, with Miguel, it’s almost like a combination of the two. There was an element of that relationship that was friendship, but then it went beyond that. I think Dexter, with his marriage and through becoming a father, is going to keep attempting this, but it’s never going to be completely fulfilled.”

• 1 month later...
When I saw this thread was bumped I realised how much I've missed Dexter!:wub2:

Any news on when it's starting again?:wink2:

same here, i miss him :emot-sad:

i think it's 2009 september.

all good things are hidden in september this year:mf_rosetinted:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some news on season 4. :)

More Actors Added to the Cast of 'Dexter' Season 4

Returning this September, the critically acclaimed Showtime series Dexter is getting more and more attention, and even gaining more and more cast members. The fourth season is on the way and filming is under wraps, but word has it that two actors are joining the serial killer in his escapades.

According to several reports, Tony Award-winning actor John Lithgow joins actress Courtney Ford in the new installment of Dexter. Lithgow has been given the role of the inconspicuous Walter Simmons, who, like Michael C. Hall's character, lives a dual life.

Don't Miss John Lithgow's suburbanite Simmons has been dubbed the Trinity Killer, one of the country's deadliest serial murderers who has the proclivity to slaughter in threes. After being tracked by FBI Special Agent Frank Lundy (Keith Carradine), Simmons relocates to Miami and encounters Dexter Morgan.

The two will go head to head, as Dexter finds himself fascinated by the methods of the Trinity Killer and his ability to escape the authorities for practically three decades. The problem faced by the protagonist now is that he's been called to assist in the capture of the Trinity Killer, who he's come to admire.

Best known for his portrayal of Dr. Dick Solomon on 3rd Rock from the Sun, John Lithgow has signed on to appear in all 12 episodes of Dexter's fourth season. The Emmy Award-winning actor has been recognized for his TV work on Twenty Good Years, 30 Rock and other miniseries. He has been more renowned for his stage appearances, winning the Tony for his performances in The Changing Room and Sweet Smell of Success.

Meanwhile, the Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Courtney Ford has also been cast on the show. For a multi-episode arc, she will be playing the part of a reporter curious about the case of the Trinity Killer.

While the actress hasn't been seen much on the big screen, she's known for her guest roles in television shows like Ugly Betty, How I Met Your Mother, and Criminal Minds. Also a producer of short films, Courtney Ford is the wife of Superman Returns star Brandon Routh.

Don't miss these new faces upon Dexter's return, as the fourth season airs on September 27 at Showtime.

Some news on season 4. :)

More Actors Added to the Cast of 'Dexter' Season 4

Returning this September, the critically acclaimed Showtime series Dexter is getting more and more attention, and even gaining more and more cast members. The fourth season is on the way and filming is under wraps, but word has it that two actors are joining the serial killer in his escapades.

According to several reports, Tony Award-winning actor John Lithgow joins actress Courtney Ford in the new installment of Dexter. Lithgow has been given the role of the inconspicuous Walter Simmons, who, like Michael C. Hall's character, lives a dual life.

Don't Miss John Lithgow's suburbanite Simmons has been dubbed the Trinity Killer, one of the country's deadliest serial murderers who has the proclivity to slaughter in threes. After being tracked by FBI Special Agent Frank Lundy (Keith Carradine), Simmons relocates to Miami and encounters Dexter Morgan.

The two will go head to head, as Dexter finds himself fascinated by the methods of the Trinity Killer and his ability to escape the authorities for practically three decades. The problem faced by the protagonist now is that he's been called to assist in the capture of the Trinity Killer, who he's come to admire.

Best known for his portrayal of Dr. Dick Solomon on 3rd Rock from the Sun, John Lithgow has signed on to appear in all 12 episodes of Dexter's fourth season. The Emmy Award-winning actor has been recognized for his TV work on Twenty Good Years, 30 Rock and other miniseries. He has been more renowned for his stage appearances, winning the Tony for his performances in The Changing Room and Sweet Smell of Success.

Meanwhile, the Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Courtney Ford has also been cast on the show. For a multi-episode arc, she will be playing the part of a reporter curious about the case of the Trinity Killer.

While the actress hasn't been seen much on the big screen, she's known for her guest roles in television shows like Ugly Betty, How I Met Your Mother, and Criminal Minds. Also a producer of short films, Courtney Ford is the wife of Superman Returns star Brandon Routh.

Don't miss these new faces upon Dexter's return, as the fourth season airs on September 27 at Showtime.

One would think Dexter have had his ordeal with a companion of a murderer by now…the guy never learns, does he?:naughty:

Oh I won’t miss it for the world!

Thanks for posting!:wub2:

One would think Dexter have had his ordeal with a companion of a murderer by now…the guy never learns, does he?:naughty:

Oh I won’t miss it for the world!

Thanks for posting!:wub2:

No he doesn't, he is a innocent seriel killer in that sense...:roftl::teehee:

Can't wait for this new season.:thumb_yello:

• 3 months later...
Wow this thread wasn't update for a long time!!

New season starts tomorrow in USA, can't wait to see it somehow..it surley will be exciting and thrilling!

Here is the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ageR58yU6ro

Oh great!:thumb_yello:

Did you know that the first episode actually leaked, I have already seen it!:wink2: