Who else is tired of Mika?

JackViolet

Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?

• Yes, and he should use his birthday tea set!
    • Yes, and he should use the musical tea-cup Jack so thoughtfully gave him in Philadelphia
    • Yes, and he should have a tea party with his sisters and Andy
    • Yes, and he should do all of the above
    • No, because I hate all things Mika and tea-related.

...I really kind of want him to go away.

Well. Actually I've been listening to his music more lately. I haven't played LiCM in a while, and a few days ago I took it out of my CD pile and put it back in my car player, so I've been listening to it every day (I commute). It's good, and I like being able to listen to it again with fresh ears and find that I still love it. So, I'm not saying I'm tired of his music or anything.

But this blog thing, I just want him to shut up. Not entirely, but I find myself cringing when I see new posts on the blog thread, thinking, "oh geez, did he post another one already? I hope not." I go to Mikasounds, wait for it to load... and am filled with relief when I see that there's no new blog.

I like to have a little space! I want to discuss Mika-related stuff without his constant meddling and interruption. I can't handle having to keep up with his minutiae every day. I think a blog a week would be good, let us breathe a little!!

Also, I think he could benefit by being a little more selective about what he posts. He could at least try to be a little entertaining, to consider whether what he's writing will actually interest his audience. The videoblogs tend to accomplish this more than the text ones. I like the text ones a lot when they're done well, but not when it seems like they're there for the sake of filling up space, or because he had some random thought flitting through his mind for a second and happened to be near a laptop. For Pete's sake, Mika, I don't care that you got a comic book or a new toy unless you tell me something interesting enough about it to make me care.

Anyone with me? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

...I thought not. :naughty:

--Jack

I don't understand what's wrong with the thing that Mika wants to comunicate with his fans through the blogs and vlogs. I personally find it really nice and polite. Would you like him to be tough and nasty and unpolite with his fans,like some other pop stars are? To don't give a damn for them,altough they're his biggest support? Maybe you don't find it interesting and maybe you don't like it,but I'm sure that the majority like it. After all - why do you comment there then,if you hate such things and want him to just 'shut up'?

Also,what do you want him to write about? He writes about the things that interest him,like he said in the very 1st blog,months ago. He talks about drawings,literature,music,movies,television,different artists...things he like and things he enjoys in.WHAT do you want him to write about? I really think he's trying to make it as more interesting as he can,it's good that he even WANTS to share anything with us,cos he's currently working on his 2nd album and he had just ended up with his tour and everything and he's busy enough.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what's wrong with the thing that Mika wants to comunicate with his fans through the blogs and vlogs. I personally find it really nice and polite. Would you like him to be tough and nasty and unpolite with his fans,like some other pop stars are? To don't give a damn for them,altough they're his biggest support? Maybe you don't find it interesting and maybe you don't like it,but I'm sure that the majority like it. After all - why do you comment there then,if you hate such things and want him to just 'shut up'?

Well I don't know. Why do you comment on this thread when you haven't read it (or even the first post, apparently)?

--Jack

I don't know Mika at all! :naughty: But if you like children's animation like Wonderpets, I can maybe recommend this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sICgWJ46_4E

It's not similar, mind. For one, the pacing is a lot slower, because it is from Russia in like, the 60s, and stuff was slower then. Also, the subtitles aren't that great. But it's really quite good... and the second series starts with Gena the Crocodile's birthday and his song about how he's determined to enjoy it even though it's on a rainy day "because birthdays only come once a year," and my mom used to sing that to me whenever I was sad. :blush-anim-cl:

--Jack

but im not into cartoons. i checked your link though and lol, *he works in the zoo as a crocodile* i love it, its really conceptual, thats quite good, its more abstract than the wonder pets, less pragmatic, thanksx

plus i lov e evrything thats russia related anyway, i mean in the folklore, not politics of course.

Everyone says that they understand he's not perfect, but the minute anyone suggests otherwise many get defensive. And when that suggestion comes from Mika himself they feel disillusioned.

That is SO apparent, specially here on the MFC :mf_rosetinted:

Sad -- but true.

In particular, I think he was taking a big risk making his blogs more revealing of his tastes, because for some fans it'll destroy the illusion that if ever they met Mika there'd be instant perfect understanding and soulmating (as well as the other kind). Without any actual knowledge of the man, I'd guess it's a calculated risk, as he doesn't strike me as daft.

I don't know if it's much of a risk unless his motivation is to simply keep his small group of hardcore fans in high fangurl mode.

He could have made that middle-of-the-road Craig David style album and sold a lot of records to a certain type of music listener. Instead he made LICM and sold a lot of records to a different type of music listener.

Mika can make a blog that will be guaranteed appeal to a few hundred hard core fans or he can build an ezine that is reflective of his tastes and includes contributions from others that will appeal to a different type of blog reader.

If Mika is to get any satisfaction from these blogs outside of the obvious commercial ones, he needs to make the kind of blog he envisions and attract the kind of blog reader he can relate to and vice versa. Just like he enjoys having crazy MIKA fans in the front row of his gigs and not middle-of-the-road Craig David fans.

when you are not interested into something its hard to pretend you really are, i cant do that. maybe you can.

Oh I've seen people struggle quite desperately to feign interest in his blog entries. It's quite amusing, especially when it's obvious they can barely even understand it. :naughty:

Well I don't know. Why do you comment on this thread when you haven't read it (or even the first post, apparently)?

--Jack

I am very avare of what you posted in the 1st post,and no,I haven't read the whole thread because I don't want to,I'm talking about the thing you wrote in your first post.

Maybe you should read your post again.

I don't know if it's much of a risk unless his motivation is to simply keep his small group of hardcore fans in high fangurl mode...

Mika can make a blog that will be guaranteed appeal to a few hundred hard core fans or he can build an ezine that is reflective of his tastes and includes contributions from others that will appeal to a different type of blog reader.

Isn't that what I said in the next paragraph? If not, I meant to. Except that I think there's a definite risk that he'll lose the fangurls without attracting the new readers.

Oh I've seen people struggle quite desperately to feign interest in his blog entries. It's quite amusing, especially when it's obvious they can barely even understand it. :naughty:

lol, come on, your really mean....

there is sthg i dont understand though, there is zero reason why he could wish to keep his fangurlz, what could he do with that?personally, i mean on a personal level, he couldnt probably care less.

anyway mikasounds looks like his myspace these days, people comment, thats all and there is nothing interactive into that.

Isn't that what I said in the next paragraph? If not, I meant to. Except that I think there's a definite risk that he'll lose the fangurls without attracting the new readers.

More Mika left for usss then, mouahahahaha :roftl:

lol, come on, your really mean....

there is sthg i dont understand though, there is zero reason why he could wish to keep his fangurlz, what could he do with that?personally, i mean on a personal level, he couldnt probably care less.

anyway mikasounds looks like his myspace these days, people comment, thats all and there is nothing interactive into that.

I have wondered that myself many times. Maybe to boost his ego, as he's (IMO!) possibly a bit insecure, despite the facade?

It's the same as when he seems to encourage fanatic behaviour, rewarding the people who stalk and hound him, by giving them attention, or his mum giving passes and similar to the ones who are pushy enough to actually ASK for that stuff.

It becomes a case of "if you make enough noise or stick your head under his nose, he will be nice to you. If you stay away and keep a polite distance, he will ignore you..."

It's his business obviously, :boxed: but i don't understand it.

Lord he would really be in trouble then! He'd be left with people like us! :naughty:

Perhaps. But unless he's trying to sell albums to the people who are already buying 10 copies each, I don't see that as any kind of risk.

If he's not going to get any personal satisfaction out of these blogs I don't think there's much point in putting any kind of real effort into it. I think the fangurls would be happy with a few videos a month of him acting cute for 2 minutes and he could delegate the task of editing, uploading, posting and moderating the comments to someone else.

I don't think he's interested in the fangurls at all, but they don't seem to understand that. :naughty:

people are not that stupid

when you are not interested into something its hard to pretend you really are, i cant do that. maybe you can.

im not the person who wrote that comment, but i remember it and i totally understand it because the wonder pets have nothing to do with other cartoons

the comment i sort of quoted wasn't talking ONLY about the wonder pets or whatever that cartoon was... for adult or children... the sense of the comment the way i got it was sarcastic, ironic... maybe i got it wrong ? :wink2:

i wish you were right, but from experience over the past 2 years, i think "fans" will better think they like the same things he does and presents on his blog than thinking they might not like them... i.e. they will sort of "force them into" liking what he presents instead of say they don't ike it (see the comments as i don't remember who quoted like "i've never watched cartoon channels even if i'd a pistol pointed at me, but those cartoons you're showing on the blog are fantastic", or such things...). it's no big deal, their lives :wink2:

people are not that stupid

im not the person who wrote that comment, but i remember it and i totally understand it because the wonder pets have nothing to do with other cartoons

Just for the record, the pistol comment quote is something I made up. I never read that exact thing on any of the blogs. I just made up two random and admittedly exaggerated comments to get across how I perceive many of the comments on things Mika is apparently into.

It's the same as when he seems to encourage fanatic behaviour, rewarding the people who stalk and hound him, by giving them attention, or his mum giving passes and similar to the ones who are pushy enough to actually ASK for that stuff.

It becomes a case of "if you make enough noise or stick your head under his nose, he will be nice to you. If you stay away and keep a polite distance, he will ignore you..."

[/color]

is that what he does??????

ok fXck him then.

holychrist!!!lol

about ego boosting, well, maybe your right, imagine that million of girls would be in love with you and you you are in love with someone. you wouldnt care right? the only thing you could care about is to interact with people who are interested i n the same things of you on the internet, people who could exchange cool links with you,no?

well...i dont know, tonight i dont care

Just for the record, the pistol comment quote is something I made up. I never read that exact thing on any of the blogs. I just made up two random and admittedly exaggerated comments to get across how I perceive many of the comments on things Mika is apparently into.

lmao. look add to that the fact that i myself have several identities there, maybe we are only ten at the end on his blog,lol

i remember i found that commemt totally strange exept for the wonder pets part...and if it was you, it means that n o one is totally blind, no one will like things just because our beloved flamboyant bastard does

christine, lmao you exaggerate

yep, that's what i got :thumb_yello:

lmao. look add to that the fact that i myself have several identities there, maybe we are only ten at the end on his blog,lol

Erm. No.

On his blog I am violet_sky.

The made up comment examples I was talking about are only posted here. Not on his blog. I only have one id here and use the same one on his blog.

That's true- I prefer the discussions in here, though by the time I realise there's a new blog, it tends to have been too fully discussed to add to

More Mika left for usss then, mouahahahaha :roftl:

Lord he would really be in trouble then! He'd be left with people like us! :naughty:

Great!

about ego boosting, well, maybe your right, imagine that million of girls would be in love with you and you you are in love with someone. you wouldnt care right? the only thing you could care about is to interact with people who are interested i n the same things of you on the internet, people who could exchange cool links with you,no?

I think I might have been young myself once, at some point, and don't really see why fangurls (sorry, fangurlz) should be despised. Even by people who think minds are sexier than bodies. And they buy lots of CDs, and have to be accompanied if they go to concerts. (Even if they're not young they probably hunt in packs)

If anyone wishes to become my fanboy, feel free!

So Pam, what comment did you see on Mika's blog that you thought was weird?

And what are your identities? You're not posting ASCII art as "Christine" I hope. :sneaky2:

lmao, come on,lol, no thats not my style, and i cant tell you all my identities because i dont remember them all myself, i change everytime, its a concept based on the fact that i dont want to create a strong identity with just one name in case i would think mika would notice me and idolize me,lol SO i brought it to its extreme by always changing, i hope it makes sense. though there is a name i used several times because i met someone there and i wanted her to know it was me... so IM Eugene sometimes

the comment with the pistol was weird but i dont remember it

The fangirls will drop him eventually anyway when some new candy passes by or when he doesn't do anything for a long while. Just my 2 cents...

I agree.

They profess their undying love for Mika, call themselves "real" fans because they don't criticize Mika like us horrible people...and they are the first ones to start a goodbye thread and announce that they're over him.