What are you expecting from MIKA's second album?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i read all.. i love reading this kind of threads.. all opinions are valid and it`s good to everyone have their own

As Keti said, with this album, there are 2 possibilities:

1. It will be even bigger than LICM.

2. It will be a total disaster.

agree....

please firstt!! *cross fingers*

I think it will be similar .. the same structure seems to be in place for the artwork , the family member maybe talking ...

I just think it will be a progression from LICM :thumb_yello:

LICM part 2

i don`t know if it`s gonna be like LICM 2.. i think it`d have certain aspects like LICM but

I don't think so. Maybe the artwork is the same because that is Yasmine's style of drawing, but I think Mika damn well realizes he can't do another LICM, because that would kill his career.

ingie`s right.. if he does something very similar to LICM, his career would die...

i think HMDYL, as i read a long time ago, it`s gonna be in the new album.. i love that song! it has a lot of potencial! can`t wait to hear the studio version

about Rain.. for me it`s gonna be in the album.. personally i freaking love that song, i`d change a little bit the chourus.. too repetitive.. but i love it anyways

HJ.. ummm.. i doubt it`s gonna be on the album.. he`d been perfoming it during a long time and everybody knows it too much! no surprise at all.. it`d be nice as a bonus track anyways

what i`m worried about.. it`s that i don`t hear that it`d be a hit in the radio.. too keep his career alive he needs a hit single like GK ot LT.

his voice isn`t feek at all for me.. he knows he has an amazing falsetto and i trust he`ll use it in the right way

i expect to be an amazing album as good as LICM or even better :)

I don't care what's on the album as long as the cover contains shirtless photos :wub2:

Mika and falsetto goes hand in hand, it has become his trademark, and I really love it!:wub2:

You’re so right, not many male singers has the ability of such a wide range of notes; I love how he’s using his voice that way.:blush-anim-cl:

And it’s not a thin and squeaky falsetto, it’s full and steady!:wub2:

I love Mika´s falsetto too. The higher the better, so I specially love " How Much Do You Love Me " in the version from Zenith in Paris, when he got so high :wub2:.

The new album for sure will be exellent, because Mika is talented and it will not release before he is sure it is as good as LICM or better. I absolutely trust him, he knows what he want.:naughty:

I personally adore HMDLYM and Rain, and I think they are rather repetitive on purpose. Perhaps Mika doesn't want to perform the entire song in a live show so that we are still surprised with new lyrics when the album comes out, and people will still buy the song even though they have heard it before.

i hate that people listen to the unreleased songs when mika asked us not to. someone sent them to me when i asked, and i started listening to one and was like: "aw shyte" and i just deleted them.. havent heard them still..

but i do hope how much do you love me is on there. that is my all time favorite song :wub2:

I personally adore HMDLYM and Rain, and I think they are rather repetitive on purpose. Perhaps Mika doesn't want to perform the entire song in a live show so that we are still surprised with new lyrics when the album comes out, and people will still buy the song even though they have heard it before.

That makes sense

77 Red, I think you might be right! I mentioned in an earlier post that I think Rain would benefit from another verse, and it puzzled me that it's so short, since Mika's songs tend to be quite long (not like Good Vibrations and McArthur Park are long) but long for the average song. It makes perfect sense that he would only give us a taster of the song, and surprise us on the album.

The only thing I can't really grasp with HMDYLM is, I know it's about a girl and boy who run away from bad parents, but are they actually meant to be brother and sister, with the same bad parents, or just two children who don't have any connection? I suppose that's the mystery behind the song though, maybe it's got different interpretations for different people.

I'm expecting it comes out sooner than we think....

Might be. What do you expect?

I love Mika´s falsetto too. The higher the better, so I specially love " How Much Do You Love Me " in the version from Zenith in Paris, when he got so high :wub2:.

:

I love that version too! I think it's the best version of that song.

about the romantic thing Sienna mentioned, there's an unreleased song I can't talk about here, but I'm sure all of us know...that has the sweetest mellody I've ever heard :mf_rosetinted:

If he puts something as good as that one, he'll win my heart. In the time a whisper lasts :wub2:

And I'm crossing my fingers for one, two, some powerful songs on the new album!

If you're talking about the song I think, it's quite a cheesy one:naughty:

I do love it though.

I think there will be powerful songs. But it just depends on what you think is powerful. I personally think SITM is very powerful, but isn't that radio-friendly, if you get what I mean.

77 Red, I think you might be right! I mentioned in an earlier post that I think Rain would benefit from another verse, and it puzzled me that it's so short, since Mika's songs tend to be quite long (not like Good Vibrations and McArthur Park are long) but long for the average song. It makes perfect sense that he would only give us a taster of the song, and surprise us on the album.

The only thing I can't really grasp with HMDYLM is, I know it's about a girl and boy who run away from bad parents, but are they actually meant to be brother and sister, with the same bad parents, or just two children who don't have any connection? I suppose that's the mystery behind the song though, maybe it's got different interpretations for different people.

Hmm..never thought about that. Could that be possible, a teaser? Would he do that?

I think it's about 2 totally different persons. Without any connection I mean. But I don't really get the connection between the verses and the chorus. I mean, is it like..they ask how much their parents still love them or so?

i hate that people listen to the unreleased songs when mika asked us not to. someone sent them to me when i asked, and i started listening to one and was like: "aw shyte" and i just deleted them.. havent heard them still..

but i do hope how much do you love me is on there. that is my all time favorite song :wub2:

He didn't asked us not to listen to them, as far as I know. He asked not to publish them or talk about them in public places ( I declare myself guilty...I tried not to be explicit and I think I made a cryptic mess)

I guess there is a difference, even when you don't see it:mf_rosetinted:

and you're right some of them are shyte. Really, because of his lack of training.

But some others aren't (to me)

edit: Dilek had no idea what I was talking about, haha. Maybe you hadn't either

I think it's about 2 totally different persons. Without any connection I mean. But I don't really get the connection between the verses and the chorus. I mean, is it like..they ask how much their parents still love them or so?

Hey Linde! But HMDYLM and Rain are the same style, so they're cheesy as well... I guess it doesn't matter about the cheesy thing, when he makes it musically and vocally (?) interesting :naughty:

I think is about two people. But the whole song doesn't make much sense to me, it's like pieces I can't put together. How strange...

Edited by Romis

I'm expecting a lot of new artwork :original:

I'm expecting the same, but probably the booklet, as some of the songs, will be edited when the album came here, just like happened with LICM. So we won't see the whole artwork, and maybe there will be two songs (like Ring Ring and Erase) missing

I'm expecting the same, but probably the booklet, as some of the songs, will be edited when the album came here, just like happened with LICM. So we won't see the whole artwork, and maybe there will be two songs (like Ring Ring and Erase) missing

I don't like the fact that those 2 tracks are missing from the CD but I'm so curious about the artwork as well !

Then hopefully he'll post any missing pages on the blog :)

Hey Linde! But HMDYLM and Rain are the same style, so they're cheesy as well... I guess it doesn't matter about the cheesy thing, when he makes it musically and vocally (?) interesting :naughty:

I think is about two people. But the whole song doesn't make much sense to me, it's like pieces I can't put together. How strange...

Hmm..that's true. But they just sound less cheesy than the youknowwhatsong. At least, IMO.

Yeah, I feel the same. It's as if the chorus doesn't match with the verses and the bridge.:blink:

Edit: I just figured out you were talking about another song:roftl: The song you meant isn't that cheesy.

Edited by xlindee

He didn't asked us not to listen to them, as far as I know. He asked not to publish them or talk about them in public places ( I declare myself guilty...I tried not to be explicit and I think I made a cryptic mess)

I guess there is a difference, even when you don't see it:mf_rosetinted:

and you're right some of them are shyte. Really, because of his lack of training.

But some others aren't (to me)

edit: Dilek had no idea what I was talking about, haha. Maybe you hadn't either

oh, i wasnt sayin g the song was shyte, i was saying oh god what am i doing.. didnt mika ask us NOT to listen to these??

you know what i mean.. ?

don't get me wrong in fact i love mika's lower vocals, especailly in holy johnny and any other world !!!!!!. I think is lower range has a very warm feeling to it !!!!

btw guys i have a question,

how long did it take mika to record his last album ?????

don't get me wrong in fact i love mika's lower vocals, especailly in holy johnny and any other world !!!!!!. I think is lower range has a very warm feeling to it !!!!

btw guys i have a question,

how long did it take mika to record his last album ?????

i think he has said a year... :wink2: