What are you expecting from MIKA's second album?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok my call ...

I think it will actually be very different to LICM , we wont see anything compared to Lollipop girl ....

The first album was different and captured something new and young , now I think he will want to graduate to a bigger audience and therefore it will be much more guitar and drum based ..

I think we will see much more of an ""anthem" feel , something louder and not as innocent as LICM ..

Oh hell yeah that'd be awesome:punk:

Erase wasnt an athem song was it :blink:

What IS an anthem song?:blink:

I love Erase, the lyrics, the melody and the way he sings it!:wub2:

Holy Johnny is one of the songs I have a hard time to even like, the lyrics, the melody but of course I don’t mind the way he sings it but a studio version would be very interesting...

Oh and while we’re at it, a studio version of Rain would probably straighten out a lot of question marks around that song!:naughty:

I love Erase too..

Me too. I think the lyrics are quite good, and I enjoyed the song live, but it's just kinda..boring IMO.

Why question marks? Because of the un-understandable chorus?:naughty: Sigh..it'll be all like with Over My Shoulder again..:roftl:

What I expect from his second album is for it to be ready sometime soon!

Come on Mika....it's been a long wait!

Especially that!

Ok my call ...

I think it will actually be very different to LICM , we wont see anything compared to Lollipop girl ....

The first album was different and captured something new and young , now I think he will want to graduate to a bigger audience and therefore it will be much more guitar and drum based ..

I think we will see much more of an ""anthem" feel , something louder and not as innocent as LICM ..

Amen I hope it will be like you said !:wub2:

I hope you don't hide us anything:mf_rosetinted:

i agree with HJ or rain not having the pottential of being huge hits,

that's why i believe the first single of the 2nd album is gonna be a song which we've never heard before:wink2:

and that makes it even more exciting!:boing:

So far we may have heard just the demos and there's usually big difference between a demo and the final recording so even if we don't see a potential hit song, we may be really surprised later... I'm sure Mika has many more songs up his sleeve!

what superstar suggested- and i think she's right- is that there are more verses to the unreleased live songs then we've heard. this could be a second verse for rain, for example:

Does it have to be compulsory, treating me this way

Do you have to shoot me down on every turn I take

Do you see what you are doing, do you even know

Maybe this time I'm leaving you

For somewhere else to go-

Theres more than this

Whatever it is

But I still hate days like this

Caught in the scribe,

Who can define

Baby, I hate days like this

what superstar suggested- and i think she's right- is that there are more verses to the unreleased live songs then we've heard. this could be a second verse for rain, for example:

Does it have to be compulsory, treating me this way

Do you have to shoot me down on every turn I take

Do you see what you are doing, do you even know

Maybe this time I'm leaving you

For somewhere else to go-

Theres more than this

Whatever it is

But I still hate days like this

Caught in the scribe,

Who can define

Baby, I hate days like this

Yes, I believe I said that before too (and I still think it's true :naughty:). Since his earlier stuff is so diverse, this is the only explanation I can think of for why there are so few verses to the new songs.

i agree with HJ or rain not having the pottential of being huge hits,

that's why i believe the first single of the 2nd album is gonna be a song which we've never heard before:wink2:

and that makes it even more exciting!:boing:

I hope so.

So far we may have heard just the demos and there's usually big difference between a demo and the final recording so even if we don't see a potential hit song, we may be really surprised later... I'm sure Mika has many more songs up his sleeve!

I hope so.

Anyways, I'm really curious:biggrin2:

Excuse me please, junping into this thread without reading back (but it IS Christmas and I probably shouldn't be here anyway:roftl:) So I apologise if what I say has already been said.

However, I have wondered all along if it will be a concept album? Maybe it is too early in his career........I think it psssibly is, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did one eventually, but possibly not this time. On the other hand, Mika being Mika.......................who knows?:roftl:

I agree that we probably haven't heard the opening track yet but I will definatetly shoot myself if HMDYLM is not on it!:roftl:

For info......just incase anyone is not sure what I am talking about...(wouldn't be the first time):naughty:

In popular music, a concept album is an album which is "unified by a theme, which can be instrumental, compositional, narrative, or lyrical". Most often they are pre-planned (conceived) and with all songs contributing to a single overall theme or unified story, this plan or story being the concept. This is in contrast to the standard practice of an artist or group releasing an album consisting of a number of unconnected (lyrically or otherwise) songs performed by the artist.

If it's at least as good as LICM I'm a happy camper. I hope he doesn't go all "Rain" because that would screw up things. And to be honest HMDYLM and Holy Johnny...ok songs,I've grown fond of them,but they're not as good as LICM stuff. As I always said,I hope he's performing the weaker songs live,and saving the great ones for the album launch.

As far as the 'he's taking too much" goes , I don't think he is. I mean his actual work on the album started this year,and just in summer you had the chance to see him live again. I actually think he's a speedy ,others take up to 4 years to get another album out,so he's not even that bad.

If it's at least as good as LICM I'm a happy camper. I hope he doesn't go all "Rain" because that would screw up things. And to be honest HMDYLM and Holy Johnny...ok songs,I've grown fond of them,but they're not as good as LICM stuff. As I always said,I hope he's performing the weaker songs live,and saving the great ones for the album launch.

As far as the 'he's taking too much" goes , I don't think he is. I mean his actual work on the album started this year,and just in summer you had the chance to see him live again. I actually think he's a speedy ,others take up to 4 years to get another album out,so he's not even that bad.

Amen to your post !

I hope the album doesn't go all '' Rain ''too it would spoil everything :boxed:.

For example Lily Allen's new songs from her 2nd album sound completely the same and I find it very annoying and she spent 2 years in the studio to write them !

Amen to your post !

I hope the album doesn't go all '' Rain ''too it would spoil everything :boxed:.

For example Lily Allen's new songs from her 2nd album sound completely the same and I find it very annoying and she spent 2 years in the studio to write them !

she had extracurricular activities in the meantime tho :naughty:

Did she actually write them?

Yeah I don't even want to know :roftl:

she says so but she's got Mark Ronson behind her back :naughty:

I love it when 'true artists' employ an army of producers to bring guaranteed success :roftl:

not necessarily referring to Lilly right now

Like everyone eles i can't wait for his second album, when i buy it i'll be like A CHILD WITH A NEW TOY !!! LOL:roftl:

But also i want Mika not too rush and take his time making it, i wouldn't want him to feel that he has rushed the album, i want him to have good feelings toward's the album as for his new sing's i think that HMDYLM DOES !!! have good potentional to be on the album because my friend (who's not a mika) likes the song so that's is a good sign !!! as for HJ and Rain i'm not to shore at this point even tho i do love both songs, but who know's ??? Mika might recorded these song's 2 b B-Sides.

In the meantime i want Mika to have a little rest from making his album so that he can spend christmas with his family and friends where we all should be, i would hate the thought of him working through christmas !!!

Wise words!:thumb_yello:

Oh I know, a lot of artists needs a long time between their albums and Mika is in no way "late" with his.

The thing is that I'm really looking forward to hear some new music from him and based on what he accomplished with LICM I think the next album is going to be great too!:wub2:

Wise words!:thumb_yello:

Oh I know, a lot of artists needs a long time between their albums and Mika is in no way "late" with his.

The thing is that I'm really looking forward to hear some new music from him and based on what he accomplished with LICM I think the next album is going to be great too!:wub2:

I may have questioned a lot of things,but never his talent,and I'm sure he can do better things than other could have done in 5 years . I too am looking forward to it,especially since he's the first musician that really put some totally new stuff out there,and that I can say I listened to his music for over a year and still haven't grown tired of. But we're all used to gigs over gigs ,all year long,so that's why months without any mika activity are hard for most.

I just want the album to be great,and I wanna be able to listen to that one too for the years to come,without growing tired of it .

And seriously,if he delivers 'Rain' and 'Holy Johnny' as his best pieces,I will hunt him down and beat him up with the CD :biggrin2:

I agree. I really hope too that they're not the strongest songs, otherwise I don't know what I'm gonna do:naughty:

Amen to your post !

Yeah, they all sound the same, have the same style, same beat, same theme..:boxed:

I'm sure she didn't spent the whole 2 years in the studio:naughty:

I may have questioned a lot of things,but never his talent,and I'm sure he can do better things than other could have done in 5 years . I too am looking forward to it,especially since he's the first musician that really put some totally new stuff out there,and that I can say I listened to his music for over a year and still haven't grown tired of. But we're all used to gigs over gigs ,all year long,so that's why months without any mika activity are hard for most.

I just want the album to be great,and I wanna be able to listen to that one too for the years to come,without growing tired of it .

And seriously,if he delivers 'Rain' and 'Holy Johnny' as his best pieces,I will hunt him down and beat him up with the CD :biggrin2:

*agrees*

*agrees*

I agree too!:naughty:

We know he has so much more potential!:thumb_yello:

• 3 weeks later...
Can I be greedy, and ask that his new album is made of 2 cd's, one of the 'regular' songs, and the other of acoustic versions of all of them, just Mika with a piano and/or guitar? :mf_lustslow::wub2::wub2:

Oh yes you can! :wub2: