What are you expecting from MIKA's second album?

It's nice to read the expections for the album. I also posted mine somewhere, but how are u people actually gonna listen to his new album when u bought it?

I mean, song by song, or first a part of all of them.

I have no idea how i'm gonna listen to it, probarly I will be too excited to take of the plastic of the CD-box xD

:lmfao:

Oh the excitement!

I know what you mean!:thumb_yello:

What I expect from the new album is that it should be ready soon, preferably before Christmas!:boing:

But I know it's a little silly to even say so... all the big boys and girls are talking about months...how do they know?:blink:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok my call ...

I think it will actually be very different to LICM , we wont see anything compared to Lollipop girl ....

The first album was different and captured something new and young , now I think he will want to graduate to a bigger audience and therefore it will be much more guitar and drum based ..

I think we will see much more of an ""anthem" feel , something louder and not as innocent as LICM ..

now I think he will want to graduate to a bigger audience and therefore it will be much more guitar and drum based ..

I think we will see much more of an ""anthem" feel , something louder and not as innocent as LICM ..

If Rain is any indication that won't be the case. I think the theme of the music will change but the overall sound won't.

Or at least I hope it won't. "Anthem" type songs coming from him would be awful, just look at his foray into the "ballad" Erase.

Edited by SuperTwat

No, hence why I called it a ballad. I just used it as an example of him stepping outside of his current style.

I thought Erase was a great song .. ohh hum

Overall I dont think we will see "lollipop girl" style of songs , I also dont think we will see we will rock you esque hand clapping in front of 50,000 people type of songs either

Maybe a balance between the two

If Rain is any indication that won't be the case. I think the theme of the music will change but the overall sound won't.

Or at least I hope it won't. "Anthem" type songs coming from him would be awful, just look at his foray into the "ballad" Erase.

Oh God...

If he does an album full of Rain type songs I will be very disappointed to say the least..

Overall I dont think we will see "lollipop girl" style of songs , I also dont think we will see we will rock you esque hand clapping in front of 50,000 people type of songs either

*gigglesnort*

Like your siggie Freddie... hehe...

Oh. I hate Erase and I'm glad he doesn't perform it live like the other bonus track Ring Ring. :bleh:

But yes, Lollipop is the kind of thing he'll probably move away from since he's done with the throwback to childhood.

Oh. I hate Erase and I'm glad he doesn't perform it live like the other bonus track Ring Ring. :bleh:

But yes, Lollipop is the kind of thing he'll probably move away from since he's done with the throwback to childhood.

Are you still on about Erase :roftl: I love taunting you about that:bleh::naughty:

Yay for Freddie:wink2:

I don't like Erase...

And I'm sure I'm the only person in this whole forum who will admit it... but I HATE Over My Shoulder...

If there's more of that, I'll probably be physically sick...

I'm the exact opposite: I want more tracks like Over My Shoulder. Minimalist piano. Awesome.

I want something really over the top pop, but not using other people's lyrics/riffs.

Caught in a trap...can't look back....anybody heard of some guy called ELVIS??:mf_rosetinted:

But at the same time, I would enjoy an Over my shoulder part 2 as well.:wink2:

I want something really over the top pop, but not using other people's lyrics/riffs.

Caught in a trap...can't look back....anybody heard of some guy called ELVIS??:mf_rosetinted:

But at the same time, I would enjoy an Over my shoulder part 2 as well.:wink2:

like "over my left shoulder" or smthng:roftl:

btw i would really like to hear the studio version of Holy Johnny :original:

like "over my left shoulder" or smthng:roftl:

btw i would really like to hear the studio version of Holy Johnny

That would be cool... I like Holy Johnny...

:roftl:

Dilek you're so funny!:roftl:

I love Erase, the lyrics, the melody and the way he sings it!:wub2:

Holy Johnny is one of the songs I have a hard time to even like, the lyrics, the melody but of course I don’t mind the way he sings it but a studio version would be very interesting...:blink:

Oh and while we’re at it, a studio version of Rain would probably straighten out a lot of question marks around that song!:naughty:

I for one would love to get rid of that whiney choir...:wink2:

:roftl:

Dilek you're so funny!:roftl:

I love Erase, the lyrics, the melody and the way he sings it!:wub2:

Holy Johnny is one of the songs I have a hard time to even like, the lyrics, the melody but of course I don’t mind the way he sings it but a studio version would be very interesting...:blink:

Oh and while we’re at it, a studio version of Rain would probably straighten out a lot of question marks around that song!:naughty:

I really like Erase. I love it when Mika sings slower, lower songs, even though I enjoy his poppy falsetto songs.

I enjoyed Holy Johnny on the PdesP DVD. It sounded better, more country, and the arrangement suited the song.

I don't hate Rain. I just think it needs more work, maybe an extra verse and perhaps a bridge. This would stop it being quite repetative once the chorus starts, because the verse is okay, and another verse would help the song a lot imo.

I'm interested in hearing a studio version of it. I hope he wouldn't add many more instruments to it, though, I like a minimal acoustic feel.

The wailing like a cat in the chorus is what I hate most about it, I fast forward it every time. I also don't like the repetitiveness of the lyrics. Also, the seeming meaninglessness of them, they don't tell a story like his other songs. Maybe adding another verse would develop it more. As suggested:

I just think it needs more work, maybe an extra verse and perhaps a bridge. This would stop it being quite repetative once the chorus starts, because the verse is okay, and another verse would help the song a lot imo.

I agree.

Writing the second verse is a problem for Mika - look at some of his demo songs.

Nice tune, promising first verse, good chorus, then either repeat first verse or come up with dreadful lyrics for second verse.

• 2 weeks later...