What are you expecting from MIKA's second album?

~ e v e r y t h i n g ~

Is%20this%20too%20much%20pressure%20original.jpg

AND a HURRICANE!

It'll be done . . .

when it's DONE!

(I'm hoping MIKA will use more of his beautiful,

lower singing range than he did in LICM--which I still love.)

mika69-1.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope. he's a sly as a fox. he's just pretending to be puzzled. :mf_rosetinted:

poor john, he's to work hard for his salary... :blink:

Poor John showed how hard he has to work for his salary when he was pushing a sledge-stuck-Mika down a mountain :crybaby:

I truly felt for him when I saw that :roftl:

Poor John showed how hard he has to work for his salary when he was pushing a sledge-stuck-Mika down a mountain :crybaby:

I truly felt for him when I saw that :roftl:

yep, mika looks so massive to push in the high snow.. :roftl:

Can I be greedy, and ask that his new album is made of 2 cd's, one of the 'regular' songs, and the other of acoustic versions of all of them, just Mika with a piano and/or guitar? :mf_lustslow::wub2::wub2:

OH!

That would be....:wub2::wub2::wub2:

Can I be greedy, and ask that his new album is made of 2 cd's, one of the 'regular' songs, and the other of acoustic versions of all of them, just Mika with a piano and/or guitar? :mf_lustslow::wub2::wub2:

OMG. :mf_lustslow: that would be.. beyond words

*starts daydreaming about new CD* i keep thinking that it would be in a hardcover.. you know the type?

That is such a brilliant idea!:wub2::mf_lustslow:

OMG. :mf_lustslow: that would be.. beyond words

*starts daydreaming about new CD* i keep thinking that it would be in a hardcover.. you know the type?

That is such a brilliant idea!:wub2::mf_lustslow:

Ok, let's do a petition then :roftl::roftl:.

I'd like him to deliver it personally. Each one of course.

And we'll throw Violet's suggestion in for that added 'oompf'

:lmao::lmao:

Ok, let's do a petition then :roftl::roftl:.

And we'll throw Violet's suggestion in for that added 'oompf'

:lmao::lmao:

:naughty:

....and with the delivery a small performance, like those singing telegrams...

:biggrin2:

I can already see him walking from door to door wearing a huge envelope costume! :roftl:

• 2 months later...
Although I've been excited for the new album for a long time recently I started thinking about what it will be like. I've never really thought about it before, in the back of my mind I thought it will be a shadow of LICM maybe, a crowd pleaser and toned down a little.

I can already see a shadow of LICM forming – (I know at least one of these songs won't be on the album) but to give an idea:

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

My Interpretation

Love Today

Relax – How Much Do You Love Me

Any Other World

Billy Brown – Holy Johnny

Big Girls

Stuck In The Middle

Happy Ending – Rain

Do you see what I mean??!

And to fans of these songs:

I love How Much Do You Love Me. It's catchy and full of potential- you could do so much with it.

As for Rain: it's constructed of meaningful words and showers of pretty notes but for some reason it just doesn't feel right to me.

But anyway looking at that I realize that’s not what I WANT.

I hope Mika has a trump card down his sleeve- do you think it's possible he's written another Grace Kelly- I use "Grace Kelly" as a phrase: perhaps he has a brilliant song in the works. I want Mika to be king of the charts again and not mr. one-hit-wonder.

Anyway, opinions?

racinghorse83, I'm amazed! we think exactly alike! I'm not even kidding I thought almost that exact same thing! I even paired those songs together in my mind! And I also thought about the demos I've heard, seeing that there wasn't really a Grace Kelly or Love Today in the bunch. but of course nothing really close to them (I don't want a LICM shadow either) Although seriously, could you really picture Mika's next album without some amazing happy singles? Isn't that why we fell in love?

Can I ask something?

I don´t know if you guys´ve done this in the past, but I sometimes do it when an artist is recording new music: I check out the ASCAP and BMI site to see if any new songtitles are available.

I just looked up Mika on the BMI site and noticed he wrote a song with Robbie Williams´ writing partner Guy Chambers! I hope that isn´t very old news though. Guy did some pretty amazing songs with Robbie like 'Rock DJ' and 'Milennium'. A collaboration with Mika should be totally amazing!

They wrote 'Rain On Me' together. The actual link to the source is very long, so you could use http://bmi.com/ and search for Michael Holbrook Penniman:wink2:

Can I ask something?

I don´t know if you guys´ve done this in the past, but I sometimes do it when an artist is recording new music: I check out the ASCAP and BMI site to see if any new songtitles are available.

I just looked up Mika on the BMI site and noticed he wrote a song with Robbie Williams´ writing partner Guy Chambers! I hope that isn´t very old news though. Guy did some pretty amazing songs with Robbie like 'Rock DJ' and 'Milennium'. A collaboration with Mika should be totally amazing!

They wrote 'Rain On Me' together. The actual link to the source is very long, so you could use http://bmi.com/ and search for Michael Holbrook Penniman:wink2:

I wonder if he's changed Rain to this title!

Used to do this with JCs songs, never thought of doing it with Mikas.

It could be another song he's written, that isn't on the album. I thought he collaborated with Jodie, maybe he's branching out.

It's like Gave It All Away... if he uses that song I will slap him...

:shocked:

Have I missed anything? I never heard this song ( I heard of it i.e the story but not the song itself)

I'd prefer if he didn't have Rain... It's too high pitched and irritating...

He might have worked wonders with it with the help of Owen Pallet and hopefully some orchestration... :wink2: